*1403: Medicinal Fried Chicken* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug

Re: *1403: Medicinal Fried Chicken* Post-Air Discussion

Postby BRMBug » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:51 am

Biscuits wrote:\
I was really expecting this to be the episode where Cartman orders those 500 AK-47's but I guess that will be another one. Also did they delete the scene where Stan, Kenny Kyle and Cartman are holding "legalize marijuana" signs?

Dude, I don't think that's going to happen. I guess the scene of the boys didn't make the final cut. :/ Sad but acceptable.
pumert

Postby pumert » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:59 am

Whats up with all of these Canadians???
Kobb

Postby Kobb » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:01 pm

I dunno, but I thought the episode SUCKED.

April FOOLS!
pricey

Postby pricey » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:04 pm

epic. this felt like a season 6-8 style episode. one of their best in the last few years. nice to see no news reporters too.

now i'm hungry for kfc!

9/10
GregW

Postby GregW » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:15 pm

I haven't read the full thread so I may repeat what others have said but I thought this episode was amazing. I loved the guys bouncing balls, and I loved the KFC/Scarface storyline, especially when Cartman snorted that chicken skin.

And then to top it off, Sharon's coat. :lol: :lol:
At least we have аssholes, you dumb girl!
miqeeblack

Postby miqeeblack » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:31 pm

Eff yeah! "look im kind starting to feel stupid, can i please get high?" best randy line EVER!
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:44 pm

Randy and the town act like stupid lemming--yet again.

Fatass contrives a convuluted scheme to get what he wants--yet again.

How original. :roll:
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:54 pm

Ever since season 12, 03 episodes have rocked!

But...where was Towelie? :(
robbo719

Postby robbo719 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:27 pm

I think Randy-centric and Eric-centric episodes are going to become the norm, since those two seem to be the "it" characters right now. Just think of all the critical praise heaped on Pinewood Derby because it was Randy-centric. Just as early south park focused on Mr. Garrison, now it's come to focus on Randy.

That said, I think this was a pretty solid episode. Eric was extremely funny throughout and the ball bouncing thing was hilarious (once you got over how painful that would be)

I was definitely waiting for a "You know what I learned today" about making things legal and illegal, you know, how when something is illegal, people will do anything to get the goods, and when something illegal becomes legal, even with stipulations, people will do anything to get that, too.

Also, could've used some more Kyle, Kenny, and Stan. Those three help keep the show grounded, and without them it's just the antics of Eric and Randy without someone calling them both dumbasses.
Longtimefan

Postby Longtimefan » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:55 pm

It was ok but I can't believe the amount of people that didn't like Scrotie Mcbooger balls but liked this one. People bouncing around on their giant balls to get around.. it's weird, but I don't really get why it's "funny". The Cartman-gets-addicted story wasn't bad, but not very original just copying Scarface for everything (It was funny how he just told on the boss instead of killing him). I did laugh when he was in the alley and testing "the product" to find that the gravy had been cut with boston market. :lol: It was also funny when Randy told Sharon "I'm up here" because she was looking at his balls like guys look at boobs. Everything else though, especially the "scrotum coat" was just random silly things that didn't really have a point or much thought. Worst episode by far of the season imo, but still watchable. 5/10.
wizboy2k

Postby wizboy2k » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:44 pm

Wow. This has to be the worst episode I can remember watching, ever. I laughed maybe once. I think the Cartman/Scarface storyline actually had its moments and the ep. would have been funny if this was the main story line. I mean they had a chance to actually discuss the medical marijuana issue and they just brush over it at the end. I mean they obviously referred to the whole illegality of it with having the Scarface storyline (something is illegal and it creates greed and crime and violence). Or maybe Im completely reading into something thats not there a la Scrotey McBoogerballs but if I am I must say that the "funny" parts of this episode were completely lost on me. I think Trey and Matt just thought it would be hilarious to see Randy using his balls like a hop a long and tried to build an episode around that. But sorry I think they failed miserably.

PS: Lol. The whole April fool's day gag of changing everyones avatar and title into Canadians is 10 times funnier than the episode last night. Nice touch to the website guys.
argyle

Postby argyle » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:08 pm

this episode was too good! i'm glad matt and trey tackled the subject of medicinal marijuana, or just legalizing pot all together.

as randy said "AWE MAN! THE FUTURE IS AWESOME!"

cartman blowing the line of chicken skin was amazing.
argyle

Postby argyle » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:10 pm

wizboy, i think the whole fast food compared to marijuana was metaphor enough. getting preachy and sounding like a pissed off 14 year old stoner is what family guy did, i'm glad south park didn't act like they really cared either way.
jesussdad

Postby jesussdad » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:29 pm

freakin awesome ep . totally makes up for 1402. i thought randy would be more into the jack & blueberry strains.
excellent acting from cartman in this one he deserves an oscar. shame about towelie not being there and the ending sucked as much as reality but the spaces between laughing were sparse 9/10.
stevesut1

Postby stevesut1 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:54 pm

Good episode, I liked it.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”