*1403: Medicinal Fried Chicken* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Smagma

Re: *1403: Medicinal Fried Chicken* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Smagma » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:15 am

Excellent.. always love Randy episodes and everything that comes with it. Great marijuana discussion and pope pedo-loving inclusions. Made me hungry for chicken.. and weed. and swollen testicles.
eri059

Postby eri059 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:30 am

Went straight to KFC for lunch today. Thanks a lot Cartman! :cartmanko'd:
Ike_ve

Postby Ike_ve » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:36 am

Damn, south park will make people fat.
I see a lot of you guys after watching this episode went for a KFC :)
aussieSPfan

Postby aussieSPfan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:18 am

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy better then the last two eps

parts i liked
- bouncing on their balls hhah
- cartman doing the whole gangster thing/cartman snorting chicken skin
- pope jokes are always a laugh
- balls/boobs analogy
- the colonals gangsters missing barbrady with automatic wepons and barbrady killing them with a single shot from his pistol (like in every b grade drug/action movie)
- SCROTIE coat hahaa

good ep and bounce back from the previous two weaker eps
ziggah

Postby ziggah » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:25 am

9/10 Fantastic episode had me cracking up constantly. The pope actually got off light if you ask me. Nice to see the show still going strong.

Oh also the few of you who thought it was horrible, Congratulations! You officially are out of touch! :mrgreen:
spacecadetyes

Postby spacecadetyes » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:22 am

It seemed like a pretty good episode, but I think I would have liked it more if it had been something else (like pizza or something :D) instead. Thinking about KFC for 20 minutes just leaves me feeling really grossed out..

I also kind of don't like what's happened to Randy. It seems like his personality changes based on whenever an episode needs someone to act crazy or stupid. I thought the pope jokes were pretty great (what happened is ridiculous), but I think it makes the humor in this episode more temporary, like it's not really going to be as funny in 10 years.. I guess something good about putting current events in episodes though is when you watch these maybe 5 years from now, it will kind of be like remembering the history of that time... if that makes sense :)
wizboy2k

Postby wizboy2k » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:41 am

spacecadetyes wrote:It seemed like a pretty good episode, but I think I would have liked it more if it had been something else (like pizza or something :D) instead. Thinking about KFC for 20 minutes just leaves me feeling really grossed out..

Well Cartman has a history with KFC (The Death of Eric Cartman episode).

But getting to the point of the whole medical marijuana issue, its pretty obvious if you ever listen to Matt and Trey they are libertarians who dont really give a sh*t what people do in their own lives so you knew where this episode was headed with its message at the end, but Im sorry I just think Randy bouncing on his balls for 15 minutes wasnt funny at all, just like every grown up puking when they read a sentence from Scroty Mcboogerballs over and over and over and over again is not funny. Funny that people are ripping those who hate this ep by telling them to go watch Family Guy if they want random funny jokes, but SP was very Family Guy-esque with the puking over and over and over again. Ex: Peter, Brian, Stewie and Chris all puking after drinking Epicac formula and the famous ep where Peter trips and hurts his knee and sighs for like ten times in a row. I know this extended repetition can be funny in any type of comedy but these repeating gags really reminded me of Family Guy which is something I dont want to see in South Park. Meh.
Inspectah9d9

Postby Inspectah9d9 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:00 am

Can we get that song when everyone is bouncing on their balls as a ringtone? i just used the audio but it has talking in it and i just want the song so i can imagine them all hopping down the street, it had me laughing so hard.
steelspine

Postby steelspine » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:58 am

This was another great episode 8/10

I loved the part where all the guys were bouncing down the
street on their balls, I also loved the Scarface parody with
Cartman and KFC.
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words ... words might hurt me deeply, causing great emotional, mental, and psychological damage leading to a lowered self-esteem and decreased work-related efficiency."
-- Anonymous
LilNugget

Postby LilNugget » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:18 am

This was by far the ballsiest show yet, loved it.
Timmy!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:44 am

Badaloompski!
webchameleon

I've been embarrassed to watch for a long time

Postby webchameleon » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:02 am

Why does this show just keep getting worse? I've never had a problem with any of the dumb stuff on South Park before the last couple of seasons, but now I finally feel like AN IDIOT being seen watching your show. Last night I wasted 20 minutes of my life watching something so childish, SO ridiculous, and so uninspired, that by the time it was over and the lesson we've all heard before was given by an EXTRA, it was impossible to connect it back to the real world.

The show "used-to-be" smart AND edgy, not because it would have Cartman feeding kids their parents, or hairy men ejaculating all over the screen, or made fun of powerful celebrities, but because it would intelligently lampoon uncomfortable subjects that no one else would talk about seriously.

Now, not only do you just take on the easy issues no one is afraid to talk about, but you offer as profound lessons WHAT EVERYONE IS ALREADY SAYING.

You don't need to be political.
You don't need to be gross.
You don't need to be current.
You need to spend more time in the writing room and less time drawing testicles.

Or quit. Because lately, you are truly...JUST...LIKE...FAMILY GUY.
Last edited by webchameleon on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
argyle

Postby argyle » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:22 am

eh, i just think when it came to the subject matter south park covered it better, FG used too many cliche stoner references, and preached its ass off.

SP/FG debate has been done to death, i know i love south park 1,000% more than FG, but i can't deny that i can appreciate the random flash back sequence on occasion when my wife's watching.
argyle

Postby argyle » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:26 am

give em a break, dudes! they're going on the 200th episode, who cares if a few here and there don't make you laugh as much as season 6, isn't it the memories of the past 13+ years off this show that are going to matter? you people act like the show has gone completely stale.
Doofinsmurf

Postby Doofinsmurf » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:33 am

Herro!!! I'm a HUGE South Park fan :D I just got back from a Denver Nuggets game, and Cartman was like, MELLO!! I know this has nothing at all towards this hilarious episode, I just thought I should share this epic moment with all of you ;)

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”