*1404: You have 0 Friends* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Pegazeus

Re: *1404: You have 0 Friends* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Pegazeus » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:23 am

I'm guessing the wrong friend is a celebrity or someone from Family Guy.
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:24 am

Who else but Cartman "has always been there for him"? Their sado-maso TLC toward each other must've grown all Tron-like and facebookey now. If not... well, that's funny.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:27 am

Maybe Pip will make a return as a FB friend? Doubtful, but I like the idea. Could happen.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:30 am

I'm gonna guess its going to be a round of Stan trying to get Kyle off of his Facebook addiction. He obviously has a problem.

Cartman making fun of Mad Money will be a side story probably, Cartman trying to make money off of people on Facebook or whatever by running sort of a Mad Money parody dating line and charging for the service.
Stan and Kyle :)
Metal_Meatwad

Postby Metal_Meatwad » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:36 am

Cartman doing Jim Cramer from Mad Money, a "Facebook" episode, and a Tron parody! How could this episode be bad? Episode #199! The BIG 200 "NEXT WEEK!"
Doofinsmurf

Postby Doofinsmurf » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:45 am

This episode sounds pretty cool!! :D facebook tottaly freaking sucks... So I hope they tottaly rip on it. Lol there's too many notifications and it's ubber confusing. My guess is that Stan and Kyle will make their famous speeches about what they learned about facebook. XD
Biscuits

Postby Biscuits » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:45 am

This could be great, I just hope they don't turn the whole episode into some thing where Stan literally gets "sucked in" to the face book and wanders around talking to strange creatures wearing a neon Tron suit. I have a feeling thats what might happen.

They already kind of did that anyway with the Trapper Keeper episode - where the trapper keeper sucks people and things into it.

It would be so funny if they had Cartman start a business selling facebook friends to all the kids that want to be more popular.
jkythdytdmht

Postby jkythdytdmht » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:46 am

Dude! This is gonna kick ass! The picture looks cool too
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:00 am

Before I start off on what I like, let me say this: THis internet culture plot/reference sh*t needs to stop at some point. It isn't about alienating, it is about the fact that it gets boring.

On to the episode:
It has potential- Cartman parodying Jim Kramer could work out well, the Tron parody could work, and a good friendship episode works well too. Not sure exactly that Facebook was the proper way to bring this all together, but meh.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Diabeteth

Postby Diabeteth » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:10 am

HELL YES! A Stan and Kyle friendship episode! That's great!

As for the Facebook topic... I starting laughing the moment I saw that. I do have a Facebook account, but I never use it. At all. I only have it because my sister made me make one. Trust me, I am glad to never use it. The rest of my family is completely addicted. As in, five minutes ago I got onto the computer because my father had finally gotten off of Facebook on this machine. My mom is on Facebook on another machine, and my sister just got off of Facebook on her laptop while I was typing this. INSANE.

The friending thing hits home for me. I've had more than one person who got insulted because I wouldn't Facebook-friend them. According to these people, someone isn't your friend unless they're your Facebook friend.

In fact, I have lots of people who get mad at me because I don't ever talk to them on Facebook.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:30 am

I think I'm going to like this one, but we'll have to see.

Facebook is a big thing. I was sure they had to parody it at some time. While I do have a Facebook, I never use it for anything. If I need the contact info for one of my high school buddies or former co-workers or cousins I didn't even know I had, then I'll find them on there.

As far as being a Stan/Kyle episode, let's hope it stays as such, and not detract from the main plot too much.
Metal_Meatwad

Postby Metal_Meatwad » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:33 am

jkythdytdmht wrote:Dude! This is gonna kick ass! The picture looks cool too

Speaking of Kick-Ass... Thanks to Watchmen, there probably won't be a Kick-Ass episode.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:35 am

Jeez, there's alot going on here! :D I can't wait to see where it all goes.
IKyman

Postby IKyman » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:39 am

BRMBug wrote:Image

Jeez, there's alot going on here! :D I can't wait to see where it all goes.

That startled me :shock:
Diabeteth

Postby Diabeteth » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:42 am

All this made me have to go and find this short South Park fanfiction I once read. :lol: It basically was Cartman going on a hate-rant against Facebook. He hates the "Facebook faggots" who just put up random shit about their lives that no one cares about, and he explains that Facebook is actually... SKYNET!! Yes, you see, it is gathering more and more information about people's lives. When it has enough.... yeah.

While obviously that is just fanfiction, and the fan's skynet comparison was only mildly amusing, I would like to see just one quick complaint in the episode about the Facebook faggots. NO ONE CARES THAT YOU JUST HAD CHICKEN FOR DINNER.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”