*1404: You Have 0 Friends* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

kangaroo62

Re: *1404: You Have 0 Friends* Post-Air Discussion

Postby kangaroo62 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:18 pm

7/10
pretty good episode the chatroulette part was probably the funniest.
Did somebody say kill a jew?
southparkaddicted24

You Have 0 Friends

Postby southparkaddicted24 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:35 pm

I totally LOVED Stan in this one! Yeah, I don't know what Tron is, or who Cartman's impersonating, and it would probably make me laugh all the more harder if I did, but who cares? Again, South Park sends out a message in funny way (like how if you curse too often a dragon will try to kill everyone - "It Hits the Fan").

I'm totally Stan in this situation, because I HATE FACEBOOK. I loved the "epic" Yahtzee tournaments xD One of my top 10, defintitely. And also, my favorite Stan episode (officially beating "Fantastic Easter Special").

"Okay...that's a dude jacking off...another dude jacking off. Penis, penis, penis, penis..." xD I was laughing SO HARD. Especially when Cartman said "To find a good friend, you're going to have to wade through some dicks." GENIUS.

10/10. I hate to admit it, but I actually DIDN'T enjoy Kyle's plot. A very rare occasion. But still, I can't give this a 9 or even a 9.9, or I'd have to spontaneously combust.
baphomet_IV

XD

Postby baphomet_IV » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:01 pm

funniest episode on season 14, its so funny because its true XD
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:39 pm

DaleReeck wrote:I'm not an expert in Yahtzee or anything, but I don't think you automatically win the game if you hit yahtzee.

You do when you play by the rules where they say: "One round only" :)
Dedpole

You have 0 friends

Postby Dedpole » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:57 pm

10/10

The best episode in the last three years.

Postby 203177 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:03 pm

it was weird how they were all dressed like tron and stan got sucked into the comp and kyle found stan on his farm lol :lol:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
criticalDyke

Postby criticalDyke » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:06 pm

This is really starting off to be a sh*tty season of South Park. I have yet to be shocked by any of the episodes so far. This episode is by far the lamest of them all.

Okay it relates to everybody that has ever been on facebook/myspace/friendster/ or whatever crappy internet social site. The whole focus on Facebook being the basis of the episode was really boring. There was a little skit about chat roulette. But who f*cking cares.

Where was the shock and aww that South Park is know for. Where was the part where I go and talk to my co workers about how awesome the episode was and that one scene in the episode where I get to giggle about later on after I watch the show.

This episode could have had way more interesting shockingly funny parts. Facebook is bigger than Myspace now, well how did it get that way? When Stan was sucked into Facebook couldn't a Myspace Icon/ profile be getting tortured by Facebook goons. Eventually leading to a Myspace profile being sacrificed to the Facebook gods and then the corpse planted in the Farmville as the fertilizer! I mean come on South Park.

Quit smelling your own farts and give me the animation shocker! :shock: hll :shock:
Perrytheblack72

Postby Perrytheblack72 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:12 pm

thats funny when stans like why are you guys wasting your time on facebook were suppose to be out playing videogames
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:15 pm

Perrytheblack72 wrote:thats funny when stans like why are you guys wasting your time on facebook were suppose to be out playing videogames

Yeah, that was pretty funny; Stan thinking the computer (FB) was a waste of time so Stan himself goes to a computer video game :lol:

This episode reminded me of past seasons where the kids were just being kids in South Park. The main story of course was about FB, but I liked the B and C stories of Randy wanting to be his son's friend, Wendy's jealousy of Stan's FB girl friends (even a 92 year old one), and in this world of computers, the way disputes are settled are by playing one round of Yahtzee :)

Act I:

Stan's friends make Stan a FB account. ROFL. No email confirmation to Stan, no anything, yet the account is made 8) .

Kip Drordy has a FB account with 0 friends for six months and for six months this 3rd grader does nothing but stare at his computer screen waiting for a friend. It's not like Kip could friend someone on his own, could he? Classic South Park. Reminds me of Season 2, the Chewbacca defense. If Chewbacca, a Wookie who is 8 feet tall, lives on Endor with a bunch of two foot tall Ewoks, that does NOT MAKE SENSE! What does this have to do with Kip sitting on his computer for 6 months doing nothing? Nothing. It does NOT MAKE SENSE. If Chewbacca lives on Endor, than Kip not friending people himself does not make sense. Classic SP.

Act I continues: Randy wanting Stan to friend him :roll: As if Randy could not friend Stan on his own. It doesn't make sense. See the Chewbacca analogy above :P

Kyle was really enjoying his farm game when he starts to lose friends, then jump back to a Wendy scene, and then Cartman's podcast. I like how many different things are going on all in Act I. Remember, Chick friends are worth almost triple what dude friends are :lol:

And that random guy spitting on Stan at the end of Act I; priceless:
Stan: I don't know you!
Man in car: I'm just a guy that gets ignored I guess :x Then he spits on Stan.

Act II: Classic line: "Stan poke your Grandma." The Chat Roulette scene was interesting, to say the least. But Stan being literally sucked into FB a la Tron was great. Yatzhee saved the day. With all the virtual farming, chatting, messaging, poking - it took an old school board type game to save the day. Yahtzee - one round only.

But Act II also offered Kip and his computer at the movies and then back to Tron as Stan looks for his profile. Again, reminded me of early seasons as the boys were the featured "actors" in the plot, not the adults or adults who are currently in the news.

ACT III:

Café World - online chat party for all Stan's friends. Almost 1,000,000 people in there. Who is more powerful? The user or the profile?

The user of course. Stan got sucked out of FB 8D.

What I didn't see coming was the brilliant ending: Stan's FB friends were transferred to Kip :D

Kip is a one-time character (from the third grade) as Bridon Güermo was. Like Scott Malkinson (from the 4th grade) was. That's the way SP works sometimes. Still hoping for Pip to make a reappearance in episode 200 next week.

My rating would by 8.5/10. But I don't have a FB; if I did, I too would friend Kip, giving him more power by having more friends, which would put him over the top, revising my rating to 9.5/10. OK, what the h*ll, 10/10 :)

EDIT:

I like this photo:

Kyle's response (hard to read, I know): LOL! OMG!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:01 pm

Baw. So I was listening to Entertainment News on The Ticket, and Corby was going to talk about '0 Friends, and play a clip, but it got caught up in buffer hell, so they moved on to other things. :roll: The other host of the show Mike Rhyner is a massive FBer. He also got scammed a while back, but was able to rectify things before he got massively taken.
IKyman

Postby IKyman » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:15 pm

"Stan poke your grandma"
This will be my quote for now on :lol: .
garebare

Postby garebare » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:15 pm

i hate face book so much
IKyman

Re:

Postby IKyman » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:18 pm

garebare wrote:i hate face book so much

I prefer Twitter then Facebook.
stefaanvandamme

Postby stefaanvandamme » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:59 pm

best episode of the season so far, but nothing beats season 8 :wink:
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:29 pm

I'm back :D

Anyways, I thought this episode was the best of the season. Next to last week's, of course!

Pros:
Facebook (pop culture)
Wendy
Stan/Kyle focused episode
Cartman POD cast

Cons:
No mafia wars

otherwise, this episode goes under my top 10 favorites. Great job M&T

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”