*1404: You Have 0 Friends* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

NAPALM+NAPALM=DeatH

Randy... Randy... Randy...

Postby NAPALM+NAPALM=DeatH » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:47 pm

Randy Rox...
killjoy76

Re: *1404: You Have 0 Friends* Post-Air Discussion

Postby killjoy76 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:03 pm

Kile, this is how the world works. If you want to find quality friends, you got to waive through all the dicks first. Hilarious

this site is legit, it's like the opposite of Facebook, and they even put a link to the episode right on the main page. It's login page is pretty witty, calling social networking "social masturbation"

www.weutt.com. This thing is going to be huge.
Damn Stan

Postby Damn Stan » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:32 pm

I know people who really get into facebook like the people at south park <keepin it fresh yo> :unhoodedkenny:
Diabeteth

Postby Diabeteth » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:56 am

Oh, I should mention... I thought the Yahtzee was hilarious, but only because Stan was obviously not too thrilled with it. "Can't we play on speeder-bikes or something?!" :lol:
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
MarkAster

Postby MarkAster » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:44 am

Two thumbs up! Not a gut-busting, laugh-out-loud episode but sublime and dead-on in its critique. I don't hate Facebook, but like Stan I fail to see the big deal (and don't have an account).

I kind of wish Trey and Matt had waited awhile to take on social networking, though, as I would love to see their take on Unvarnished, the new Facebook beta which allows people to rate COWORKERS. Woohoo! It's going to be a winning lottery ticket for defamation lawyers and gun sellers that serve customers that have "postal tendencies" on the job (lol).
Jestersmiles

Postby Jestersmiles » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:25 am

Made me want to delete my Profile lol , but i do not over do it like Kyle most i do is say w/e movie i am seeing at the time lol.
Mess with the Best , Die Like the rest
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:11 am

I like the way Kip was born in 2003 according to his fb profile; a 6 year old 3rd grader. Cool.

He must be a gifted child to be advanced to 3rd grade at age 6 8)
A SouthPark Orange

Postby A SouthPark Orange » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:23 pm

zzyzx 1 wrote:I like the way Kip was born in 2003 according to his fb profile; a 6 year old 3rd grader. Cool.

I thought so too.

Anyway, this was easily the best episode of season 14 so far. A 8/10 or a maybe even a 9/10. It wasn't the funniest episode I've ever seen, but the jokes were good and the satire was spot on. I also liked how the tron parody wasn't the main focus and served a real purpose when it comes to the satire.

I also liked how the characters were used well and stayed in character.and that Garrison and Butters had a short appearance. Randy was great too, as he mostly always is when he only has very few lines. Kyle was nice for befriending that kid Kip, Cartman was funny as usual, Wendy was well used and her reactions were believable - everybody knows how jealous some girlfriends can be - especially her.....and Stan: well, he was just awesome. I could totally relate to him him and his reactions to the facebook-craze. It's nice for a change that it isn't always Kyle who is portrayed as the reasonable one when it comes to fads. Stan's remark that they should be out playing video games and Cartman's observation about the way you get quality friends had me in stitches.
Overall, much better than expected, and not just some lame Tron parody. I was also really pleased about the ending: Even though it was pretty creepy when he took Kyle's profile to the movies, I kinda hoped that there would be a happy ending for that Kip Drordy kid instead of him committing suicide or something like that. Shows that South Park is not completely a heartless show. Anyway, this episode gave me hope that this season might turn out well after all.
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.
BulletV1

Postby BulletV1 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:09 am

I notice this, It was probably done on purpose to maintain the proper age of the characters. Anyways... at the end of the episode it shows Stan's birthday being October 19th, 2001.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:31 am

^ Yeah, everyone's mentioned this. It is just to have each kid be 8/9 every season. Originally he would have to of been born in 1989 or so when the show first began. The important thing is, Stan's birthday is indeed Oct 19th, give or take a few years. He'll turn 9 this year, but next year he'll turn 9 again! :lol:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:32 am

Stanluv25 wrote:^ Yeah, everyone's mentioned this. It is just to have each kid be 8/9 every season. Originally he would have to of been born in 1989 or so when the show first began. The important thing is, Stan's birthday is indeed Oct 19th, give or take a few years. He'll turn 9 this year, but next year he'll turn 9 again! :lol:

Yeah, but why is Kip only 6 AND in the 3rd grade? I don't get that.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:34 am

zzyzx 1 wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:^ Yeah, everyone's mentioned this. It is just to have each kid be 8/9 every season. Originally he would have to of been born in 1989 or so when the show first began. The important thing is, Stan's birthday is indeed Oct 19th, give or take a few years. He'll turn 9 this year, but next year he'll turn 9 again! :lol:

Yeah, but why is Kip only 6 AND in the 3rd grade? I don't get that.

All I can say is, he must be a gifted child or the animators are not very good at math. :D

Haa, I love that line.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:34 am

Maybe he skipped a grade or two. :P

I'm sure you know the antisocial genius stereotype. Full brain, empty social calendar.

Who am I kidding, though? Kip seems like a dumbass.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:38 am

Niels0827 wrote:Maybe he skipped a grade or two. :P

I'm sure you know the antisocial genius stereotype. Full brain, empty social calendar.

<off topic > @Niels & Stanluv: you ever get my pm? They are both in my outbox still :?

<on topic>

Yeah, Kip taking his friend Kyle via his laptop to the movies and throwing popcorn on the keyboard :roll:
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:41 am

zzyzx 1 wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:Maybe he skipped a grade or two. :P

<off topic > @Niels & Stanluv: you ever get my pm? They are both in my outbox still :?

<on topic>

Yeah, Kip taking his friend Kyle via his laptop to the movies and throwing popcorn on the keyboard :roll:

No, it reads 'no new messages' by my profile. :?

Haa, I love that line.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”