*1405: 200* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Kobb

Re: *1405: 200* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Kobb » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:20 pm

the guy at the top is the guy from whale wars (the TV show) and the creepy guy below him is Gary Condit, from Butters' Very Own Episode

Great episode, BTW
MormonCoffee

Holy scheisse

Postby MormonCoffee » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:33 pm

Brilliant. Im hoping theres some serious comedy in the next one; this part seemed to be only information. I already have a few ideas on who Cartmans dad is... Cant wait til next week.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:49 pm

Daze2000 wrote:I thought I knew the show pretty well, but I still can't figure out who some of the celebrities are.

http://s749.photobucket.com/albums/xx136/Kedazle/sp200/

Any ideas? I bet some are obvious and I'm just suffering a brain fart.

Bob Saget, that Captain from Whale Wars, Tina Yothers, Eric Roberts, not sure, have to get back to you on that, and finally Brooke Shields.
JTHMBirdGuy777

Postby JTHMBirdGuy777 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:17 pm

Man, that was awesome. I can't wait for part 2. I hope I get to see Cartman's father, and maybe a really cool fight scene with a whole bunch of past characters other than the ones already in the episode. I can't wait for next Wednesday.
jobaggadonitz

Postby jobaggadonitz » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:19 pm

The bear mascot looked like the cuddly/deadly bear critter from Imaginationland.
digthatfunk

Postby digthatfunk » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:34 pm

Man! Awesome, amazing episode. Congrats on 200, guys, I knew you could do it! Here's to much more success and awesome, poignant comedy!
I have to say, to those saying "Oh, no 'to be continued', that means its not going to continue"...really? That's some pretty stupid logic, IMO. What's the point of creating such an outrageous, intertwined plot if you're not going to pursue it? I just don't see it. Also, for the promo commercials for the new season, two clips spring to mind: 1) Mecha-Babs outside the mayor's office during the day and 2) Cartman dressed as a ginger again, more directly parodying CopperCab. Both of these point to a continuation. As far as Cartman's father...I think some of the theories pointed out sound pretty awesome.
blackcypher

objective critic

Postby blackcypher » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:37 pm

Hi everybody I really like south park but putting religious figures into the cartoon is not acceptable at all and it will because to much problems and as a Muslim please know we oppose showing prophet Mohammed or Jesus or any other prophet they are humans how sacrificed there life%u2019s to the batter of humanity and they are not and should not be the subject of having fun, and I guess that the world is full of subjects that be more fun and do not offend the religious believers of other people, make fun of cultures, or political subjects or even way of life.
soukhan

Not correct

Postby soukhan » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:42 pm

At the end of the episode, we can see cartman and Mr. Garrison in his house, while Mr. Garrison is - at the same time - in the crowd on the streets... Is this a mistake?
r4y98

Thats just wrong lol!!!

Postby r4y98 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:45 pm

So funny yet so wrong.
Kobb

Re: objective critic

Postby Kobb » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:29 am

blackcypher wrote:Hi everybody I really like south park but putting religious figures into the cartoon is not acceptable at all and it will because to much problems and as a Muslim please know we oppose showing prophet Mohammed or Jesus or any other prophet they are humans how sacrificed there life%u2019s to the batter of humanity and they are not and should not be the subject of having fun, and I guess that the world is full of subjects that be more fun and do not offend the religious believers of other people, make fun of cultures, or political subjects or even way of life.

I am a Buddhist and I got a great laugh of seeing Siddartha snorting coke. I understand different people are raised on different morals and ethics, but you have to understand that South Park is the way Matt Stone and Trey Parker express themselves, and is a form of art. If you oppose them mocking your religion, then do not watch. I like to laugh at myself often and I actually like it when they trash things I associate with (Buddhism, Atheism, online games, ect).

On another note, I watched this episode again and I loved it just as much. I can't believe some people really think its a bad episode. It's funny because a lot of people saying this are saying things like the episode wasn't as good as "Sexual Healing" or other episodes from the past 2 seasons. I'm not saying they aren't true fans, but if your favorite episodes are all from the last 2 seasons, you are either new to the show or are just a tool.

Me and my friend noticed Rob Schneider wasn't in the episode, though, and we came up with a bunch of crazy schemes about how he will show up at the last minute or play some important role in the plot.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:32 am

Wow! even more awesome than I thought it would be! Not only did it have said celebs but it had references from other episodes!! So cool! :D

The whole scene at the candy factory was great. Cartman calling Kyle a Jew... when I think about it, he hasn't done that in a while has he? And of course Stan comes in with his blunt self and says they're rehashing ideas or whatever. :lol: Then calling Tom Cruise a fudge packer! Tee hee. And again, his observational humor, telling him he is indeed packing fudge. :lol:

The officer calling Stan ugly!! You don't call a child ugly if he's right there! :lol:

Cartman's hand was an unexpected surprise. I will never know if it thinks on it's own or not. So Cartman could know all this time who his real father is but pretend he doesn't. So confusing lol.

Mr. Hat came back! YAAAAAA

The gingers rebelling again! HAHAHA And the return of the Super Best Friends!! Love this whole big deal of how to show Muhammad and the town's people looking around nervously, wondering if that's allowed. :mrgreen:

But above all- OMFG!!!! Cartman's father is again a mystery?! AAAAHHHH The suspense- kills me! Must find out who it is!!! I say Mr. Garrison, just because he seemed so reluctant to tell him. I hope hope hope it's not Gerald. It would be too cliche to have Cartman's father be the same father as the kid he hates most. Just will add more unneeded tension between him and Kyle. God I hope it's not him or I will be pissed.

Will Muhammad be shown? Will the gingers back down? Will the town be destroyed once and for all? Will the celebs obtain their goo? WHO IS CARTMAN'S FATHER?! Hurry up Wed!!!!!! :shock:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Diabeteth

Postby Diabeteth » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:04 am

digthatfunk wrote:Man! Awesome, amazing episode. Congrats on 200, guys, I knew you could do it! Here's to much more success and awesome, poignant comedy!
I have to say, to those saying "Oh, no 'to be continued', that means its not going to continue"...really? That's some pretty stupid logic, IMO. What's the point of creating such an outrageous, intertwined plot if you're not going to pursue it? I just don't see it. Also, for the promo commercials for the new season, two clips spring to mind: 1) Mecha-Babs outside the mayor's office during the day and 2) Cartman dressed as a ginger again, more directly parodying CopperCab. Both of these point to a continuation. As far as Cartman's father...I think some of the theories pointed out sound pretty awesome.

Mecha-Streisand has gotten a makeover for the episode, but in the preview clip she has her old look. So obviously they decided not to use that.

And we don't know what will happen... if it isn't continued next week, the point would be to say their ultimate "Fuck you" to the audience. They've been known to do that. I point to Mysterion and, of course, Not Without My Anus as proof.

Personally, I'm already over the cliffhanger and I think it would be hilarious if they didn't continue it. Just imagine all the pissed-off viewers!...
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Jimmy/James

O.O

Postby Jimmy/James » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:15 am

Holy sh*t she's upgraded now and she is pissed to the limit!
kyleroxmysox2008

Postby kyleroxmysox2008 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:44 am

*Begins to cry* OH MY GAWD! I'M SO HAPPYYYYY!!!

Th-this was so, so, so epic! It's my favorite episode ever! And that's damn hard to do!!!

They brought back so many things!!!

-Gingers
-Jennifer Lopez/Mitch Conner
-Mohammad
-Super Best Friends
-Celebrities
-The subject of Cartman's second parent
-Mr. Hat

And... Cartman's father... could my hopes and dreams come true?

Could it be... Gerald Broflovski??? :cartmanscared:

(I have a feeling they're not going to tell us anyhow in the end... because that is such a M&T move. But hey, it doesn't hurt to hope, right? XP)

At the end I was like "A two parter? A TWO PARTER?! A. TWO. PARTERRRR?!?!?!?! :cartmansopissedrightnow: "

N-now I'm in terrible suspense... GAH! :tweek:
aerojockey

Postby aerojockey » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:47 am

If there isn't a continuation next week (or the week after...) I'll eat my hat. Next week's episode will likely be called 201.

Data point in favor of a two part episode: the Mayor said Tom Cruise and 200 other celebrities were filing a class-action lawsuit, i.e., 201 in total. But then again, Barbara Streisand brings the total to 202, so amybe it's three part.

Question no one brought up: Liane never bore Cartman (or so she says) so she can't be his mother, but if she's not his father (or is she yet?) then she must not be related to him at all. So who is Eric Cartman's mother?

(Is is Sheila, the Mayor, Hennifer Lope, the 1994 Women's World Cup team....)

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”