*1405: 200* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Niels0827

Re: COFFEE, not much else, COFFEE

Postby Niels0827 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:52 am

El Fabricante wrote:The same thing fifteen times

Please don't do that again. :x
IKyman

Re: *1405: 200* Post-Air Discussion

Postby IKyman » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:55 am

The new improved Mecha-Streisand is bad-ass. Better then the original one.
FrikinGoth

Postby FrikinGoth » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:10 am

oh god PLEASE have the next episode just have a 1min conclusion and that should be.. hold onto your hats..

muhammed is cartmens dad, and just as hes about to take off his bear hat he jumps over a shark with a water ski!
"eeeey!" and now the shocking conclusion! "eeeeeeeey!" (falls in) AHHH! AAHHHHH!
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:17 am

Wow! 22 pages already! I still have to watch the ep. again on the ep. player; I saw the show only from an old Magnavox 13 inch TV while I was 150 miles away from home. I refuse to answer in this thread until I re-watch the episode again and read each and every post first.

Watch for my post this week-end :mrgreen:
hotchoccy

Postby hotchoccy » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:25 am

Stanlee wrote:
fara wrote:I am a follower of the South Park, but after seeing insults on the Messenger Muhammad,peace be upon him, I will not watch South Park anymore. I am sure I will miss Eric Cartman, but that was a big mistake for south park writers to insult a lots of people's Prophet.

thank you

Oh no what is South Park going to do now without their massive Muslim following? The show will probably fail miserably without the support of all mighty Mohammed.

Any religion that dictates what cartoons I can and cannot draw and threatens death as punishment is nothing but a sick twisted joke of a religion run by a bunch of savage control freaks. None of us in the civilized world give a crap what you think about anything so shut up already, stop murdering cartoonists, and go live in your little 13th century paradise where you can marry all the 9 year old girls you want and abuse women to your hearts content. The modern civilized world doesn't need you for anything. You will not be missed.

>< AAAAAAGGHHHHH!!!!! i'm so freakin sick of all the angry muslims and angry atheists!

my god! muslims used to be cool once apon a time, god's first words to muhammed were "read" and the prophet took all sorts of abuse and scandal from his tribespeople with dignity and when he finally took mecca it was in peace, no killing whatsoever. our religion is supposed to be a religion of peace and learning. in fact a line in the quran states that the people god respects most are scientists. because god wants us to think for ourselves, when the muslim empire spanned most of asia and europe, muslims were making revelutionary breakthroughs in science, in astrology, geometry and math, they used to study the teachings of plato, nowadays they wont show disney's Hercules in saudi arabia because of all the "false" gods WTF.
you cannot tell us our religion is flawed just because a bunch of Aholes are turning it into a joke, Aholes btw who come from war torn countries , can barely read i hate the fact that everybody's views of muslims is WARPED by terrorists DX i hate terrorist! i'm a pacifist!
all of the stuff about islam abusing woman and children is not true, i'm the happiest woman in the whole world right now. that sorta stuff only happens in warn torn countries n stuff it has nothing to do with religion it's all about people being messed up because the place they live is crappy.
so dont any of you muslims or athiests say anything right now because you don't know what your talking about just follow gods words pick up a book and "read"
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:31 am

I hated it. Seriously. This is one of three I hate. The other two are Britney's New Look and Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina.

I'm extremely disappointed. Last episode was way better.

so dont any of you muslims or athiests say anything right now because you don't know what your talking about just follow gods words pick up a book and "read"
Hey, there's this thing. It's spelled t-o-l-e-r-a-n-c-e.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Throbert McGee

Postby Throbert McGee » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:38 am

hotchoccy wrote:I for one am a muslim and i'm am not offended in anyway by this episode, or cartoon wars (one of my favs) or even the superbest friends.
(...)
if i got offended by a cartoon it'll only be because my resolution and belief in my own religion is a joke, and it's not up to other people to respect my religion it's up to me to make them respect it by being a better person.
(...)
they were making a point about how unfair it is , even to the other religions, that they can make fun of all that stuff and not muhammed PBUH. it IS. we "muslims" aren't allowed to show the prophet ... we can't force our restrictions on other people especially such a silly one

hotchoccy, you are totally awesome, and you set a really good example for other Muslims, and for people of other faiths.

As the Jews would say (or at least the Ashkenazi Jews whose ancestors spoke Yiddish, if you want to be pedantic about it), you have the wisdom of a true Mensch, which basically means "a morally upstanding role-model that people should imitate".

The fact is, there are certain aspects of Islam that may seem ridiculous to non-Muslims -- for example, the idea that it's important to make Haaj, or that a woman should wear hijab, or that "Mr. PBUH" :wink: should not be depicted visually. However, it's entirely possible to respect people even if you think some of their religious beliefs are silly.

That was the major lesson of "All About the Mormons" (season 7, ep. 12) -- which ridiculed the Mormon prophet Joseph Smith far more harshly than South Park (or the Danish newspaper cartoons) ridiculed the Muslim prophet Muhammad. Yet although that episode made fun of Mormonism's doctrines and beliefs, it portrayed the Mormon family as utterly decent and loving people that anyone would be glad to have as neighbors.

You can contrast this with the treatment that $cientology got -- not only did SP make fun of the beliefs, but it also portrayed the "Church of $cientology" as a cult, and suggested that $cientologists are either cynical, greedy manipulators, or victims and suckers, or both.

The challenge that South Park makes to Muslim Americans is: "SHOW US that Islam is an essentially decent and respectable religion, even if some of its customs may seem strange (like Mormonism), and SHOW US that Islam is not a dangerous, mind-controlling cult like $cientology is."

P.S. I have cousins who are Muslim, and they've told me exactly the same thing that hotchoccy said: The prohibition against making depictions (even respectful depictions) of Muhammad is binding only on Muslims. Thus, for Muslims to complain because SP shows an image of Muhammad is like Jews complaining because SP showed non-Jews eating pork chops and shrimp cocktail and cheeseburgers and other non-kosher foods.

P.S.S. Except, of course, that Jews (unlike some fanatical Muslims) don't complain, riot, and blow things up when non-Jews fail to observe customs that are strictly Jewish.
Last edited by Throbert McGee on Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't mind if people call me a pervert...
...but I'd sooner die than be mistaken for a Democrat!

(-- conservative author Florence King, explaining why she doesn't identify as a "lesbian" even though she enjoys sex with other women)
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:43 am

Wii fit man wrote:I hated it. Seriously. This is one of three I hate. The other two are Britney's New Look and Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina.

I'm extremely disappointed. Last episode was way better.

Hey, there's this thing. It's spelled t-o-l-e-r-a-n-c-e.

I probably said that badly. After a review, I realize I didn't like it, but I didn't hate it, either. 3/10.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:49 am

hotchoccy wrote:my god! muslims used to be cool once apon a time.........

..............so dont any of you muslims or athiests say anything right now because you don't know what your talking about just follow gods words pick up a book and "read"

I want you to look at how your two statements here correlate. There is nothing cool about telling others they don't know what they're talking about, and to follow "God's word" by picking up a book and reading it in an attempt to fix that 'problem'.

I'm not a militant atheist like some of these other people. I think it's okay to believe in a god. Organized religion is different. I don't see how you're any different than a preachy Mormon, Jew, or Catholic.

And please don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. One reason I'm an atheist is because I know what I'm talking about. A lot of people will tell you that the most powerful tools to convert people to atheism are the Bible, Qur'an, and the Book of Mormon.

And unlike many people, I'm fully aware that Islam isn't any more or less dangerous than any other religion. Look at Turkey. Armenia. Jordan...these are relatively peaceful Islamic nations. It becomes dangerous when it's endorsed or sponsored by the government, as it is with Iran, Afghanistan, and Iraq. It's more embedded into their culture and history. Just like there's more extremism in the eastern nations of the Middle East, there's more extremism in the southern United States.

Let me make one final point here. You made a statement claimng that "god's first words to muhammed were "read"

Why? Because the Qur'an says so? The Harry Potter books say you can fly on a broom. Do you believe that just because it says so? You don't KNOW the Qur'an was written by Gabriel or Muhammed. You believe it, but you don't know it. So start asking yourself "why?". If you choose to keep your beliefs after searching for answers and ultimately not finding any, that's your decision and I respect it. But don't preach it like you know it for a fact.

hotchoccy wrote:in fact a line in the quran states that the people god respects most are scientists. because god wants us to think for ourselves

If he wants you to think for yourself, why is he having you read an ancient document and adhere your life to it?
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:06 am

Armenia is a mostly Christian nation. Also the first nation to officially adopt Christianity.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
xMiKex

Postby xMiKex » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:08 am

:mrgreen: Dude This Episode was SIC! cant Wait Till The Next One!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :assface:
Last edited by xMiKex on Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:09 am

Excuse me, Albania. I confuse the two.
stannkyle

Postby stannkyle » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:11 am

To tell you the truth, I don't really care for episodes with JLo or Barbara Streisand in them...I didn't really laugh all that much during this episode. The only mildly funny thing was the Super Best Friends show with all the religious prophets and Muhammad being censored. However, I am really curious as to who Cartman's father is--I hope they tell us and don't just leave us hanging.
Last edited by stannkyle on Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Throbert McGee

Postby Throbert McGee » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:15 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:Armenia is a mostly Christian nation.

Indeed it is. Good catch, sir!

(And for a supposedly well-informed atheist to place Armenia and Turkey together in a list of moderate Islamic nations is a tad embarrassing, considering that there's a long-running debate as to whether mostly-Muslim Turkey committed genocide against mostly-Christian Armenians.)

Edit: I now see that there was merely some phonetic confusion between "Armenia" and "Albania." That's fair enough, I guess.

(-- conservative author Florence King, explaining why she doesn't identify as a "lesbian" even though she enjoys sex with other women)
Throbert McGee

Postby Throbert McGee » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:36 am

Throbert McGee wrote:hotchoccy, you are totally awesome, and you set a really good example for other Muslims, and for people of other faiths.

Following up on my post to hotchoccy -- unfortunately, when I read through the thread, I see a number of other Muslims whining about "respect for religion" but not even mentioning the scene where Buddha (PBUH) was snorting lines of cocaine.

It's kinda like when Isaac Hayes complained about the disrespect shown to Scientology, but forgot to mention the dozens of times that South Park had poked fun at OTHER religions.

It's also kinda like GLAAD (the "Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation") moaning and bitching about the word "f@ggot" being used for laughs in "The F-Word" -- but completely forgetting to mention that in the very same episode, a black man was dragged in chains behind a white man's motorcycle.

Seems like a lot of folks only care when it's their own ox being gored. (Or, in more modern language: "I can piss in your swimming pool if I feel like it, but don't you dare piss in mine!")
Last edited by Throbert McGee on Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”