*1405: 200* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

zzyzx 1

Re: *1405: 200* Post-Air Discussion

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:06 pm

Good morning everyone :)

As I posted is some thread yesterday, I suddenly had to go out of town on Wednesday afternoon, and just now at 4:45 AM Thursday I returned. I travelled today about 125 miles one way, and 125 miles back for a total of about 250 miles in the last few hours.

Fortunately, where I was, they had a 1980's 13 inch Magnavox TV hooked up to cable. I only saw bits and pieces of the 10:00 pm showing of SP. But I did see the full ep. in the repeat at 12:00 midnight.

Now a disclaimer: Without having the opportunity of reading the final posts in the now locked thread of the pre-air discussion, and without having the opportunity yet to read any post in this post-air thread, I am merely going to state my first reactions. I'm sure some of what I am able to say has already been posted, but now at 4:45 am I haven't read anything yet.

I liked the episode. I didn't see the scenario coming where the 200 celebs would drop their class action law suit if they could meet Mohammed. And the ginger factor. And the return of Mr. Hat 8)

I saw the blooper where Cartman was at Mr. Garrison's house and at the exact same time Mr. Garrison was with the towns people trying to get the giners not to do anything.

I likeed the Super Best Friends with Mohammed all covered up.

More later after some sleep, after watching the ep. on the episode player, and after my dental visit later today :tweek:

I close now thinking this is NOT going to be a two or three part episode, even though two episodes are left in season 14A. I say this because there was not "to be continued" banner present, or anything else. I think this episode in this way is similar to Wendy beating the crap out of Cartman; posters kept saying how Cartiman's character would diminish now. But every other new episode after that not only did not mention the fight, but also continued portraying Cartman in his usual ways.

So I think episode 200 did show celebrities. It did show the interaction of Cartman, J-Lo, and Mitch. It had Mr. Hat in it, who is a friend of Mitch's.

And the discussion of Season Two of who is Cartman's father. I certainly didn't see that coming. However, episode 200 has now been run, and like the fight between Wendy and Cartman, episode 201 and beyond will be some other topic in current affairs, not a continuation of the themes that were developed in episode 200. The ending left us wanting more. But we're not going to get it. Ep. 200 is over. I hope 201 and 202 (the last two eps. in Season 14) will be funny and topical, as usual.

Those are my thoughts at 5:00 am without reading any post at all. I will repost after some sleep and after I watch the ep. again and again on the episode player. And of course finish reading all posts in the locked pre-air thread, and every post in this post-air thread before I post again.

Until then, Congratulations Matt and Trey and staff :D Great job. Great job indeed :)
panosholmer

Postby panosholmer » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:14 pm

This is it! I believe that the time for chef to return to South Park has finally come! He will arrive as chef vader and with his spatula will destroy the Mecha-Barbara.(I'm just saying...) :assface:
pricey

Postby pricey » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:23 pm

panosholmer wrote:This is it! I believe that the time for chef to return to South Park has finally come! He will arrive as chef vader and with his spatula will destroy the Mecha-Barbara.(I'm just saying...) :assface:

i could see this happening, like the battle in the original mecha-streisand ep, but with the better animation. i dunno where they will go with this ep though (if they do choose to make it a 2 parter)
FallenCalob

I am your father.

Postby FallenCalob » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:42 pm

:::::Spoilers Maybe::::::

I think Cartmans father is Darth Chef, think about it...Star Wars... I am your Father...etc etc etc.
Spyce

Postby Spyce » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:45 pm

This is how I think it will turn out: over the past few years, SP seasons have been split in two.. a few episodes air in the beginning part of the year; then there's like a 6 month break. In mid-late fall, the rest of the season airs.

My theory is that we're done with episodes for now. They're going to leave us hanging until autumn when they air the rest of the season.

I don't like that thought; I wish I could see the next episode right now, but in terms of marketing it's a pretty good idea. It keeps you hooked, keeps you guessing. Then when the episodes do come back, you're more likely to tune in to see how it all plays out. Marketing and ratings win out in the end.

I could very much be wrong, and probably I am. But, it's just how I personally think it will all go.
supergloc

Postby supergloc » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:47 pm

I guess when the true Father of Cartman reveals himself, SP fans will be scarred for life
If you love two people, choose the second one. It's because you wouldn't fall for another if you really love your first.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:54 pm

I still think there will be a another part to the episode when Pandemic aired there was no "to be continued" so yeah there should be a part 2. well hoping there is.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
thepsychedelicone

epic

Postby thepsychedelicone » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:17 pm

an epic episode for all the south park fans
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:31 pm

Spyce wrote:This is how I think it will turn out: over the past few years, SP seasons have been split in two.. a few episodes air in the beginning part of the year; then there's like a 6 month break. In mid-late fall, the rest of the season airs.

My theory is that we're done with episodes for now. They're going to leave us hanging until autumn when they air the rest of the season.

I don't like that thought; I wish I could see the next episode right now, but in terms of marketing it's a pretty good idea. It keeps you hooked, keeps you guessing. Then when the episodes do come back, you're more likely to tune in to see how it all plays out. Marketing and ratings win out in the end.

I could very much be wrong, and probably I am. But, it's just how I personally think it will all go.

They are contracted for two more episodes during this run.

The opening scene was good.I found it funny how the ugly police officer called Stan ugly- meaning that Stan probably looks boss. Cruise was really packing that fudge. I liked the town hall scene. The celebrity scene after that was a bit iffy. The new SBF scene? Fantastic.

The first act was great. Good pacing and plotting. Fantastic call backs, funny.

I enjoy ACT II so far. The amount of call backs is large. "Is that okay?", "I don't know." Generally, the scenes are strong and quite funny. Enjoyable how rehashing old ideas again can be funny. Nice Ginger move, though I think the rehasing of Cartman's father, unless they actually had an idea before this episode, is iffy.

How is a full evacuation impossible in such a small town, considering how many officers we've seen? Town likely grew. Oh, Babs, always good to mention her. Didn't like the new look, though. Mr Hat? Nice. Ginger scene was good. Hat scene was good. I dislike the new BABS.

Good episode that served as a nice love letter and rememberance. I loved most of the call backs, though I think using the old matter for Babs would have been best. Lots of nice moments and you can tell they just had a lot of fun with it.

That having been said, I think the last minute or so really changed the vibe in a bad way. It went from being silly with a good plot to TEH SERIOUSNESS. Still though, 9/10.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
kavg

Postby kavg » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:35 pm

I love the new episode!!!.
As an atheist and a man who truly despise any religion, I think these guys are doing a brilliant job.
If you are reading this ‘you guys are a tribute to our kind! And ignore those disgusting comments made by religious nuts’.

So big thumbs up to Trey Parker and Matt Stone. Good luck with the broadway musical and I wish you years of success

kav
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:38 pm

kavg wrote:I love the new episode!!!.
As an atheist and a man who truly despise any religion, I think these guys are doing a brilliant job.
If you are reading this ‘you guys are a tribute to our kind! And ignore those disgusting comments made by religious nuts’.

So big thumbs up to Trey Parker and Matt Stone. Good luck with the broadway musical and I wish you years of success

kav

They've mocked atheists before and neither Matt or Trey are atheists. They are equal opportunity offenders- everyone gets hit. :D
That's how it's down here on the farm!
durpdiedurp

Postby durpdiedurp » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:40 pm

I'm sure that 200 will be a threeparter. That's awesome. What will be the name of the second episode? 201?

- It actually makes a lot of sense that Cartmans father is an alien.

- I think Darth Chef will return to fight Mecha-Streisand

- The boys saved the lives of Terrance and Phillip in Bigger Longer and Uncut, so they owe them one. Terrance and Phillp could come and rescue the boys.

- I really hope that there will be a musical song in the second episode. They could do a remix with al popular South Park songs like Little Bit Country, Gay Fish, Poker Face, Sailing Away, Unce Fucka, etc.
durpdiedurp

Postby durpdiedurp » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:41 pm

And now there are old characters everywhere, can they bring Miss Chokesondick and Miss Craptree bring back from the dead?
ManBearPig123

Postby ManBearPig123 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:44 pm

Hey guys, South Park is my favorite show, I own every season and I just wanted to say congratulations on 200 episodes.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:47 pm

durpdiedurp wrote:And now there are old characters everywhere, can they bring Miss Chokesondick and Miss Craptree bring back from the dead?

And Mr. Hankey and the Woodland Critters and Frosty? I think episode 200 was a major event and it's over. Done. Next week will be some other subject.,

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”