*1405: 200* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

kfont23

Re: *1405: 200* Post-Air Discussion

Postby kfont23 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:18 am

OK, my DVR missed the very end. It stopped as Barbara was roaring and what not. Was there any kind of ending whatsoever? I've gatherered from earlier posts that there was no "to be continued"
Raisinz

Postby Raisinz » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:21 am

Amazing episode..the funniest part was the 3D Barbera Streisand. It looked so out of place.

What if Cartman's dad is one of the fourth graders? I think Stan, Kenny and Kyle were all in that room too. Now that would be f-ed up.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:24 am

If we find out, I think it's obviously going to be the 1987 Denver Broncos.

It occurs to me that this episode will likely require multiple viewings and a lot of freeze framing to see all the characters they put in there. I can't wait to do that.

It was interesting that they actually brought in some new celebrities for this episode despite having never been in the show before. Tim Burton had never been seen in SP. There was at least one or two more in there that I can't recall.

You read it! You can't unread it!
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:25 am

the half season better not have ended, but I bet they'll screw with us like back in Season 1 and toy with us next episode. that or this'll be a dream by Stan, who will call Kyle about "Emotional problems" (Episode 207 reference)
SirKerrek

Postby SirKerrek » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:29 am

If anyone honestly complains about the shoddy storytelling or abundance of repeat jokes... I don't know, shame on you. Surely, this episode had its share of both of those two items, but focusing on that... kind of means you're missing the point.

This episode was strictly about the following:

1. Playing off of classic premises and jokes to create something that is altogether different.

2. Existing as a love-letter from Matt'n'Trey to their fans.

And it succeeded on both accounts.

The sheer amount of classic SP moments and jokes crammed into those measley 22 minutes is otherworldly. The scene with Barbara Streisand was so frakkin awesome; in addition to being really cool, it's also a demonstration of how far the show has come.

Say what you want about the intracacies of the show, but one thing's for sure, I'm not gonna forget this episode (or maybe it's sequels?) for a long time.

Ultimately, I couldn't have asked for more from the 200th episode (well okay I could but let's be reasonable here). It was awesome.

Happy 200th, South Park! Here's to many more!

10/10
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
wizboy2k

Postby wizboy2k » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:31 am

When I read the synapses for episode I thought it would be like the finale for Seinfeld where they brought back all the past cameo guest for some stupid trial, but after the first few minutes of Cruise and Mohamed I really got into the episode. I love how they referenced the Super Best Friends episode, which I believe I saw uncensored on WGN the other day, and how it was OK to show Mohamed in the past. I know they censored him this episode but it would be really awesome if they finally did have the balls to show him, but I doubt it.

For a minute I thought they were going to try to wrap up the whole Striesand/celebs and gingers story line and rush through the ending, which would have been a travesty. But when Cartman went to see Mr. Hat I knew it had to be a two parter. I think it would have been cooler to have it be a 1 part 1 hour special but Im sure Trey and Matt cant think that far ahead and create that much content ahead of time. :lol: But I am really pumped for the next episode and hope it does sum up all of the topics brought up in this episode. Please dont disappoint us guys.
MrRyda

Postby MrRyda » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:34 am

I'm guessing Part 2 will be episode number 300. :D
jewlover

Postby jewlover » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:37 am

OMFG!!!!!!!! I HATE FUCKING CLIFF HANGERS!!!!!!!!!

That episode was awesome, but now I'm going to be twitching like a mudda fawker until next wednesday!

That episode really did have EVERYTHING. MR. HAT, Gingers, Jennifer Lopez, Cartman's Dad??? Babra Striesand (did i spell that right? i'm just too excited), Mitch Connor, GOO, Muhammud, (spelled wrong, wtf) Super Best Friends, (which included Joseph Smith, ftw) fudge packers, jew bashing, fat ass bashing, A MILLION DOLLARS, (damn I'm getting tired of listing!) Randy, and tons of other kick ass stuff!

10/10
Last edited by jewlover on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Niels0827 wrote:Ke$ha can blow my rod.

She'd like that.

So would I. I'm just that good

Dude jacking off, dude jacking off.....*cough* that's a dude jacking off

I am God's cousin in law. Don't believe me? Well then go fuck yourself.
wizboy2k

Postby wizboy2k » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:38 am

kfont23 wrote:OK, my DVR missed the very end. It stopped as Barbara was roaring and what not. Was there any kind of ending whatsoever? I've gatherered from earlier posts that there was no "to be continued"

Yah that happened to me a couple of times. You have to make your DVR record for an extra minute with SP.
IKyman

Postby IKyman » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:39 am

MrRyda wrote:I'm guessing Part 2 will be episode number 300. :D

:lol: that will be funny.
wizboy2k

Postby wizboy2k » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:40 am

I think Cartmans dad may possibly be a Ginger, even though there was never one mentioned in the original episodes. Yah maybe Mephesto.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:45 am

Raisinz wrote:Amazing episode..the funniest part was the 3D Barbera Streisand. It looked so out of place.

What if Cartman's dad is one of the fourth graders? I think Stan, Kenny and Kyle were all in that room too. Now that would be f-ed up.

Physically impossible.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
coil222

Postby coil222 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:46 am

dare i say best SP ever? I loved the way all 14 seasons of jokes came full circle on this one. Tom cruise jumping up and down on the couch pushed it over the top :D
camo131

Postby camo131 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:48 am

5 bucks says 1406 = THIS EPISODE...WILL NOT BE SEEN TONIGHT TO BRING YOU THIS TERRANCE AND PHILLIP MOVIE or something. :twisted:
jewlover

Postby jewlover » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:50 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:
Raisinz wrote:Amazing episode..the funniest part was the 3D Barbera Streisand. It looked so out of place.

Physically impossible.

Oh really? But as you may recall, Butters was able to give a, "semen sample" in Lil' Crime Stoppers plus Ike had been having sex in Miss Teacher Bangs A Boy so I don't think it's all too far fetched to have that in South Park.

EDIT: Oh wait fuck, i just remembered that the boys weren't alive when Lianne got preggo
Last edited by jewlover on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Niels0827 wrote:Ke$ha can blow my rod.

She'd like that.

So would I. I'm just that good

Dude jacking off, dude jacking off.....*cough* that's a dude jacking off

I am God's cousin in law. Don't believe me? Well then go fuck yourself.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”