*1406: 201* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

LovesToSpooge47

Re: *1406: 201* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby LovesToSpooge47 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:58 pm

zzyzx 1 wrote:
LovesToSpooge47 wrote:I think there are three different possibilities that may happen.
1. They pull a Terrance and Philip episode then the last episode of 14A will be the continuation.
2. They make it a three-parter to finish 14A.
3. They do a Terrance and Philip episode but before they do like a Professor Chaos announce thing where he goes "And the answers will be revealed...right now." Then he gives us the conclusion to what happens then just play the Terrance & Philip episode.
Not sure though, we'll have to wait and see. :wink:

I like numbers 1 and 3, even though the rumor mill seems to be going with 2. I really like number 3, LovesToSpooge47.

Thanks, number 3 is hella unlikely though.
Kensuke

Postby Kensuke » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:58 pm

I think that: South Park getz exploded. The end.
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
Longtimefan

Postby Longtimefan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:49 pm

I bet they'll fake out with a T+P episode at the beginning like they did with Cartman's Mom, and then either have the regular episode, or just do something completely different that we don't expect. I wouldn't count on them repeating something that they've already done though, they're pretty good about never doing the same thing twice. I also would guess Mephesto as Cartman's father since Garrison said the results were tampered with, and I don't think anyone else in South Park could tamper with a DNA test, lol. Also wondering if Cartman is going to be dressing up like the Ginger in this episode, but I'm thinking that and the AK-47s were just promo shots to be funny; doubt they'll make it into episodes. Anxiously waiting for this week's episode, I hate cliffhangers!
mpkio2

Postby mpkio2 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:05 pm

Hahaha.

I predicted in the thread "Post-Air 1405 *200*" that the next episode would be called "201"! What a gusse! I was surprised I was right.

Anyway, I hope it's a continuation of last weeks ep, but I can see how "201" is connected to the T&P episode of Season 2 episode 1 "Not Without My Anus"...so, there's always a chance it's a T&P ep.

We'll just have to wait and see...
Sonic Man78

Postby Sonic Man78 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:07 pm

My guess that this is going to be a trilogy, much like Imaginationland -- if so, I'll be very ecstatic.

But being since the episode is titled "201", I think that it'll be a play on Season 2, Episode 1 [201] where we're either treated to a Terrance and Philip or a Katie and Katherine Queef filler episode -- my best guess is that it's going to be Katie and Katherine Queef filler episode.

If it isn't Terrance and Philip or the Queef Sisters, we'll get a continuation of last week's episode. If so, I'm guessing Maphisto might just be Cartman's father. However, this also has me thinking about the unaired pilot of South Park that was showcased on South Park Studios several months ago. In that unaired pilot, we saw that Cartman indeed had a father and a sister as well. If Cartman's father is revealed, it could very well be linked to the unaired pilot of South Park, being since Matt, Trey and the South Park writers are using elements of previous episodes, which is better and more clever than the traditional clip-show approach.
"Bullies beware! The Hero Signal means you'll be hurting now!"

Postby 203177 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:32 pm

i'm so excited for this one mephesto and that monkey guy are gonna finally be in this ep we have not seen them in ages. i really really want to know who cartmans dad really is. they said in season 2 that cartmans mom was his father but this time they will unleash the truth. but i hope its not another terrance and phillip thing again. it has to be kyles dad for sure this time.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Throbert McGee

Postby Throbert McGee » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:52 pm

A few more thoughts on the paternity of Eric Cartman:

(1) In recent weeks, there've been two different news stories about gay high-school kids trying to bring a same-sex date to the prom. Also, the Obama administration has brought Don't Ask Don't Tell back onto the editorial pages this year, and of course same-sex marriage vs. civil unions remains a hot-button issue in the U.S.

So having Cartman temporarily embrace a "gay identity" after learning that he's Herbert Garrison's kid could set the stage for some topical humor during the rest of the season. For example, Cartman tells everyone that he's gay and then tries to join the Junior-Junior-Junior ROTC, as a spoof on the gays-in-the-military issue. Or, Cartman announces that he's bringing another boy as his date for the 4th-Grade Prom, in response to which the other kids debate whether to have separate proms for straights and gays (which would work as a metaphor about the marriage vs. civil unions question).

(2) It has also occurred to me (since I can't resist obscure puns) that if Gerald Broflovski is the father, they could do a REALLY obscure joke about "Neturei Kartman" -- riffing on that small fringe group of Ultra-Orthodox Jews who oppose the existence of Israel and show up for photo-ops with Palestinian radicals (and are therefore despised by most other Jews, except for some rabidly anti-Zionist secular Jews on the extreme political left).

Or, upon finding out that under Jewish religion law, you're not automatically a Jew-by-birth if only your dad is Jewish, Eric gets pissed off and temporarily converts to Islam, as a riff on the "Isaac and Ishmael" story. (Jews consider themselves descendants of Abraham's son Isaac, while Muslims consider themselves descendants of Abraham's other son, Ishmael).

(3) I like the Darth Chef option the least because (a) I don't think it has much in the way of interesting satirical potential (it'd be just another Star Wars gag), and (b) out of respect and affection for the old Chef, I'd prefer that Darth Chef not be brought back at all -- he's a f*ckin' child molester, for Pete's sake.

(4) Muslims make a big deal about how much they respect "the prophet Jesus", and the Qur'an actually mentions the point that Jesus's mother was a virgin. HOWEVER, I'd bet a jar of Gummi Bears that if Eric Cartman turns out to have been the product of a "virgin" birth, just like Jesus -- thereby making a comparison between Jesus and Eric, and also a comparison between the Virgin Mary and Liane -- all we'd hear from Muslims would be cricket-cricket-cricket. On the other hand, Bill Donahue's head would totally assplode, and as Martha Stewart says, that's a good thing.
Last edited by Throbert McGee on Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I don't mind if people call me a pervert...
...but I'd sooner die than be mistaken for a Democrat!

(-- conservative author Florence King, explaining why she doesn't identify as a "lesbian" even though she enjoys sex with other women)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:09 pm

aerojockey wrote:An image on the front page shows Cartman and Mitch Connor in blackface (Hmm)

That could be another character Cartman's left hand is channeling (maybe the new Chef, heh), like Jennifer Lopez and Mitch Connor. Now, Darth Chef didn't exist back in Seasons 1 and 2, so it's not him, and Chef ruled himself out when he remembered Mr. Garrison and Mr. Hat intruding on him and Liane - Chef got the hell out of there, since he doesn't do threesomes with a woman and another guy.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
LawrenceTaylor

Postby LawrenceTaylor » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:28 pm

I wonder if they'll work in Imaginationland somehow and Go God Go, and Dian Bachar with Satan from 'Probably', because then we'd have just a total 'total mindfuck'... The other epic episodes stepping in to truly make it the most ultimate thing ever... though the return of cartoon wars is a freakin' awesome step. They way they brought back this controversy makes me so happy, because I always felt them not being able to show him is the only clear bummer of the series in my mind.

But it almost makes me sick imagining Imaginationland involved with this, because thats another episode thats all about bringing characters back :D, its like a hall of mirrors with an infinite ironic reality, fractals reiterating until Kyle turns back into the chickensquirrel thing in the Tooth Fairy episode...
Dakatana

Postby Dakatana » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:31 pm

Everyone keeps saying 201 is like season 2 episode 1. A Conspiracy... But remember that 1/4 of Americans are retarded.
relax guy

Postby relax guy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:42 pm

Kevin's picture would seen on the 201 and seems to be he has an important role at 201.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/267116

Who is Kevin?

He was apparently a failed attempt to create a perfect pop singer, a test tube baby created from Michael Jackson's sperm and the egg of an unspecified, musically talented female donor, brought to term inside the womb of a llama.(wiki)

So who could be Eric's Father

Appearently Liane is the llama and (maybe)egg here.

According to Kevin's story Eric's father must be some important&rich person who could afford that procedure.

Also the father was at the room that day as Mr.Garrison said.

Only important&rich person at the room was 89'broncos and allien.

And if we remember the epsodie Oral Probe; father is the alien.

PS:just a guess, i would love to hear your guesses
Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars.
Eric Cartman
StanMarshy

Postby StanMarshy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:42 pm

Well I dont know about Darth Chef, but maybe it could be Mr or Mrs Garrison, considoring that she/he was about to tell Cartman about the father. And possibly, Garrison had a sex change not because any of the true reasons, but to hide the truth about Cartman being his/her child. But for me it would be funny if Kyle and Cartman became brothers. And yea, that would drive Cartman and Kyle alike insane and it would be halarious. He could go to a mad house or actually try to assassinate Kyle for being a 'filthy Jew'. Everyone knows that Cartman hates Jews and thinks Kyle is going to send Jew Bots to invade the planet. But it would be weird if they put Trey Parker as Cartmans Father or one of the many celebraties in the episode 200. 'Taco Taco Borita Borita!' Whose looking forward to the next episode 201? What might happen in that episode? As in most episodes Kenny happens to die and I think that the huge Kieken will kill him and Kyle and Stan will say the classic phrase- ' Oh my gosh! He/She killed Kenny! (Stan). 'You @$£%&!' (Kyle). But how who will win? Will the terrorists from imagionationland come forth? Will the Gingers finally claim the reward to being better than whites or will the celebraties win?
bizz1e

Postby bizz1e » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:08 pm

Everyone who says that it will be another Terance and Phillip episode hasn't been watching since season 1, The Terance and Phillip episode was an April fools joke. for those of us who watched south park way back then season one ended on the cliff hanger then season 2 started with an april fools prank T&P episode then the next week we found out who cartmans dad was.

Also, south park isn't the simpsons Matt and Trey don't do the same episode twice just changing a few words to seem fresh and updating jokes to stay relevant. 201 will go on as planed, we'll all be happy.
Throbert McGee

Postby Throbert McGee » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:19 pm

LawrenceTaylor wrote:But it almost makes me sick imagining Imaginationland involved with this

It always bothered me that neither Satan nor Mohammad appeared in the "Imaginationland" saga!

Satan is problematic because he's too soft-hearted -- not to mention too friendly with Jesus and God -- to have fought on the side of Evil. But, obviously, he's also too evil to be on the Good side of Imaginationland.

And with Mohammad, there was not only the problem of showing his image, but also the likelihood of pissing off literal-minded Muslims by any suggestion that Mohammad is "imaginary" (never mind that Joseph Smith, whose historical existence is easily provable, also showed up in Imaginationland).

AND, as with Satan, there's the question of which side Mohammad should be aligned with. Having him on the side of Evil would (quite understandably) piss off Muslims. But having him solidly on the side of Good would piss off quite a few non-Muslims as being WAY too politically correct.

Recall that "Super Best Friends" originally aired in July 2001 -- before 9/11, and also before the Muslim-orchestrated mass-casualty attacks on non-Muslim civilian targets in Moscow (October 2002), and Madrid (March 2004), and Moscow again (February 2004), and Beslan (September 2004), and London (July 2005), and Bali (October 2005), and Bombay (November 2008) and Moscow yet again (March 2010). That's not even getting into all the Palestinian suicide bombings against civilian targets in Israel during the second intifada.

In short, if we were going to judge Mohammad by the actions of a minority of Muslims, then the dude should've been ass-kicked out of the "Super Best Friends" league years ago. That he's still a welcomed member of the team is a gesture of goodwill and faith in humanity by Matt and Trey towards Muslims -- but even some Muslims who claim to be fans of the show remain stubbornly clueless, because they'd rather cling to the comforting delusion that they're poor oppressed victims of the Americans and the Jews.

In fact, Muslims are mostly oppressed by other Muslims.
I don't mind if people call me a pervert...
...but I'd sooner die than be mistaken for a Democrat!

(-- conservative author Florence King, explaining why she doesn't identify as a "lesbian" even though she enjoys sex with other women)
Chiakie

Postby Chiakie » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:55 pm

Well I think the father of Cartman is Barbrady !
He was on the room the day when they that Cartman's father was Cartman's Mother
He have brown hair
And he is a little bit fat
Sooo I think he is the father !

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”