*1406: 201* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

wizboy2k

Re: *1406: 201* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby wizboy2k » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:16 am

XxSiriusxX wrote:what was said during all the censored dialogue?

Thats going to be quite impossible to know since it was censored. LoL. But I really hope they at least dont censor the audio on the website when you can stream it. I wont get to deep into the ep. but I was a bit disappointed with the way everything wound up but ill wait till the post thread.
bhazzy34

*1406: 201* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby bhazzy34 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:16 am

XxSiriusxX wrote:what was said during all the censored dialogue?

I believe it went along with the censoring of Muhammad; what they learned had to do with making fun of people is a part of nature and you can't stop people from making fun of you. Naturally, if they said this and didn't blur it out then it's going against the whole "You can't make fun of Muhammad" idea that has happened to past 2 episodes! But just my take on the censored dialogue...
Diabeteth

Postby Diabeteth » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:20 am

I had stuff to do, so I figured it would make sense to drop my presence on SPS while the episode aired... hard to do work during the commercial breaks if you're also commenting on the episode.

Anyway, I loved it so much, I can't begin to describe it. All the things that got brought back tonight... dude, I'm so fucking happy right now! I don't think I'll even try describing all of my favorite parts until I've seen it a few more times. Cartman is half-brothers with Scott Tenorman... that's messed up. Same kind of irony that the people who wanted Cartman's dad to be Mr. Broflovski wanted, but no one saw it coming. Now suddenly I see the Cartman-as-CopperCab clip with a whole new meaning. :lol:

Ah. And Pip is officially dead now. He may as well have been before... I mean, he wasn't even on the cutest-to-ugliest list.

And I suspect the censored dialogue will be censored on the site, too... because there wasn't any actual dialogue, it was just a joke.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:21 am

8.3/10
R.I.P. Pip
Thunderhorse

Re: *1402: 201* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Thunderhorse » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:21 am

Quite the amazing twist! Awesome follow up to 200, though I am slightly disappointed you didn't make this a Terrance and Philip episode. 10/10

And if anybody wants to know...
*SPOILER ALERT*
*SPOILER ALERT*
*SPOILER ALERT*

Snape Kills Dumbledoor
Darth Vader Is Luke's Father
Sephiroth Kills Aeris
YHeloThar

Postby YHeloThar » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:23 am

For the first time, South Park leaves me without anything to say.
Diabeteth

Postby Diabeteth » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:23 am

I wonder when the post-air discussion thread will show up. I remember some episode, I don't remember which one, that started without a post-air thread showing up. When nall eventually made one, all the posts made after the episode started were moved to the new thread. So I'm not gonna worry about discussing here.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:24 am

8.3/10
Wow, this one was full of irony. R.I.P. Phillip "Pip" Pirrup 1989-2010 God rest ye soul, Frenchie!
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:24 am

indeed.

Anyways....this is one of the most confusing episodes I have seen in a while

- Liked the Tetterman part, I actually kinda love to see that fatass get his revenge :lol: I also liked Neil Diamond.

- I did not like you all killing pip. Sorry. Also, all the censoring really pissed me off, what is the point of having an episode that is 2/3rds censored?? :x

Idk what to think right now. Give me time and i'll get back to ya.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Poofballboy

Postby Poofballboy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:25 am

I really loved this episode. I was actually quite worried because of the threats, and the last thing I want to see is Matt and Trey hurt because of the show.

No, I do not feel they "pussied" out like everyone is seeming to get.
I thought it was hilarious, and a perfect way of dealing with the situation. The censorship at the end was OBVIOUSLY done on purpose, and I wouldn't be surprised if Matt and Trey had all of this episode in mind while airing last weeks and knowing there might have been some protest.

Anyway, I loved the twist with Cartman's father. I'm hoping to see more awesome Scott episodes in the future. Bringing back the whale on the movie totally got me. I laughed my ass off at the end. Wasn't expecting that either.

Matt, Trey, keep on doing what you're doing. And stay safe you guys~
YHeloThar

Postby YHeloThar » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:25 am

For the first time, South Park leaves me without anything to say.
bhazzy34

Postby bhazzy34 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:26 am

I'm still shaking! When I saw Cartman go into the Chili Con Carnival room I screamed SCOTT TENORMAN! to my roommates dismay that aren't as South Park savy as myself. Overall fantastic episode; kinda pissed that Pip died but what can ya do?

I think I am with everyone else when I didn't see the Scott Tenorman's father being Cartman's...but it makes perfect sense and sends me chills. And when I saw Cartman crying on a bed stretcher I said to my roommates, "How much you want to bet he's crying because he's part ginger?". So I have that going for me.

Quick question for the other SP fans out there:

What do you think was said when they censored the dialogue at the end of the episode? Here's my thoughts:
Because Tom Cruise got made fun of after getting Muhammad's "goo", Kyle learned something today: everyone can be made fun of; no one can be exempted from the butt of jokes in the world. However, if they were to say this it would go against both the Cartoon Wars episode and 200 and 201 with Muhammad since they censored him and wouldn't even let his name be spoken and make those episodes obsolete, but also making Kyle's revelation funny because it all got censored.

"But you're half Denver Bronco...and that makes you pretty cool."
bhazzy34

Postby bhazzy34 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:29 am

mazamataz wrote:
BUT HOLY sh*t. THE KILLING JOKE.

Can anyone refresh my memory on the killing joke? mazamataz, are you referring to the Scott Tenorman part?
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:30 am

I'm quite lost for words.

*Pip appeared, and died when I screamed "PIP! KILL HIM BARBARA!"

*No Trent Boyett or Ike unless I missed them.

*No Wendy =(

*SCOTT TENNORMAN!

*Cartman's father part was actually a let down to me

*Tom Cruise ending

This episode was unique. For anyone who watched this since day 1, they threw past episode references at us like crazy. Pip dying was funny and showing him was very throwback. I felt Moses was funny and censoring Mohammed's name was hillarious, especially censoring the 'moral' of the story, likely because they couldn't think of one.

I nearly died when Scott Tennorman returned. It was simply epic, though I expected Scott to kill 1 of the characters he kidnapped (Eric's dad) to feed him to Eric. Not what i expected.

Russel Crowe brawling was great too, but it seemed the ending came just too fast, I'd have settled for a part 3. As for Cruise. i thought they'd send him to live with starvin' Marvin, but sending his ass to the moon with Willzyx was better. Almost seems the boys know Willzyx died, why else would they send him THERE? :)

10/10
rmc1977

Postby rmc1977 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:33 am

I have a feeling that this episode signaled the end of South Park. Last week there was a line something to the effect of "give us Muhammed or its the end of South Park." This line struck me as a challenge to Comedy Central as much as it was a way to move the plot forward in the episode. By their refusal to allow Muhammad to be shown, CC may have pushed Matt and Trey to decline any future contract extension. Enjoy the final season and a half because I dont think there is any chance of the show going past that now.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”