*1406: 201* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Diabeteth

Re: *1402: 201* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Diabeteth » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:34 am

I kind of feel like e-mailing a friend of mine who can't see the episode for a couple days and being all, "HAHA I KNOW WHO CARTMAN'S DAD IS AND YOU DON'T!" But that would make me such an asshole.

And personally, I thought it was funny how they had to censor Mohammad throughout. I bet Comedy Central made them do that, right?
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Schmaack

Postby Schmaack » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:35 am

I thought it was a great episode, but I did get tired of the constant beeping. So did Comedy Central beep out saying Muhamid this week or was it just part of the joke?
ragekage

Postby ragekage » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:36 am

I wouldn't be surprised if nothing at all was said. Some of the censorship seems staged--like when Tom Cruise becomes censored (I thought for a while he became a clone of Mouhammad), and the censoring of the name Mouhammad (I watched last weeks episode online--did they censor the name then, too?). And I laughed out loud when everybody was beeped at the end--reminded me of Kyle's censored rant from the very first episode.
Yeah.
pariah1871

Postby pariah1871 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:37 am

Why all the censoring? If this isn't a 3 Part Series, I'm going to be pissed.
:zombiekenny:
Manbearpig360

Postby Manbearpig360 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:38 am

I'm a little disappointed that South Park (or maybe it was comedy central) "pussied out" with all the censorship.

Also, WHY? Why did you kill Pip, that's like killing off Butters. I was waiting for Pip to come back in an episode and then I got excited when I saw him, only to be crushed by Mecha Streisand. My heart broke into a million little pieces when I saw that.

I didn't expect the Scott T. part, but wheres towlie?
Diabeteth

Postby Diabeteth » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:40 am

ragekage wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if nothing at all was said. Some of the censorship seems staged--like when Tom Cruise becomes censored (I thought for a while he became a clone of Mouhammad), and the censoring of the name Mouhammad (I watched last weeks episode online--did they censor the name then, too?). And I laughed out loud when everybody was beeped at the end--reminded me of Kyle's censored rant from the very first episode.
Yeah.

No, the name Mohammad wasn't censored last week.

I wondered if I was the only one who thought about Kyle's long censored rant from the first episode. And somehow Stan at the end of all the censored dialogue made me think of old days, too... I have to see it again before I can be sure.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
bigfootedfred

Postby bigfootedfred » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:44 am

Comdey central needs to f*cking grow a pair!

pathetic!

good ep, of course they had to censor out kyles "no one is immune to critisim or satire" speech, because comedy central wussed out yet again.

I hope there is some way matt and trey can dump CC completely and do the show themselves off the net.

Dont know about the legalitys, but Comdey central is f*cking retarded.
Kensuke

Postby Kensuke » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:45 am

The ending was hilarious, I think this one was better than the first half. Cartman's real father was a bit of a twist, but it wasn't much of a jaw-dropper.

I'm glad they threw Kenny in there as well, though I was expecting a classic "Oh my god! They killed Kenny!" moment. I did like though how Stan tipped his head to the side and said "Yeah." after Kyle's "I've learned something today" speech like on Jesus vs. Santa. The speech being censored the entire time, though funny, cluster-fucked my ears something fierce.

Mohammad or, ******** being censored every time it was said got a little annoying too, I would've preferred it if they maybe replaced his name with a word, or played a sound effect instead of the ear-raping censor sound between every word.

I always thought Pip was an okay character, but him dying isn't much of a shame to me, now they have a reason for not using him in any recent episodes, so everybody wins! Well, in my perspective.
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
jewlover

Postby jewlover » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:46 am

OH MY GOD! THEY KILLED PIP! YOU BASTARDS! That killed me. I was so super excited to see Pip again, but only to have him officially disappear forever. I was so fucking pissed, that really made me sad.

That was an awesome episode! The bleeping at the end was awesome, though I would've liked to hear the part how no one has the ability to not be made fun of

And Cartman's dad being ginger.....just wow. That was really funny with Mecha Streisand and the Seamen XD

All the censorship i think was part of the joke though. That so much has to be blocked out, that it made it ridiculous and funny
Niels0827 wrote:Ke$ha can blow my rod.

She'd like that.

So would I. I'm just that good

Dude jacking off, dude jacking off.....*cough* that's a dude jacking off

I am God's cousin in law. Don't believe me? Well then go fuck yourself.
l3ongs_z0ngz

Postby l3ongs_z0ngz » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:48 am

well i guess that death threat worked, d-bag extremist ..|.. ..|.. ![
blue_seer

Postby blue_seer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:51 am

This episode was as epic as the last. Totally didn't see the Scott Tenorman's dad being Cartman's dad. That was a shock.

I agree with several other people here about Pip dying. I was so excited to see him, I even yelled out "It's Pip!" for him to die seconds later. That made me sad, but overall, an awesome episode.
argyle

Postby argyle » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:58 am

this was like the best episode ever.

for those complaining about all the censoring, you completely missed the point, ...completely!

thanks matt & trey.
AngusMcTavish

Re: *1406: 201* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:00 am

While I'm convinced that ComCen had a hand in protecting M&T after the warnings, and even though the lesson learned was totally bleeped out, I have to say, that was SOME story!
mazamataz wrote:BUT HOLY sh*t. THE KILLING JOKE.

That's what I was thinking, too, maz! Brilliant! I was on the edge of my seat during the whole Cartman bit, and darned if I didn't jump during certain scenes, like when Scott was revealed!

For those who may not know what we mean, THE KILLING JOKE is a Batman story where Joker kidnaps Commissioner Gordon in an attempt to drive him mad, using the monitors much like Scott did. Joker would use them again while Batman was "to the rescue." It's a great story with excellent artwork, and there's a reason for the "Mature Reader" warning.

Welcome back, Mephesto and Kevin! Ah, it's good to see some of the old-school characters back.

To which, I must add: Poor Pip. He will be missed. Au revoir.

Best stuff yet! 11/10, both parts combined. That last scene with Tom Cruise...LOVED IT!!
Pegazeus

Postby Pegazeus » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:04 am

Wow, is Comedy Central pussing out AGAIN by not reairing the episode? What the f*ck is this bullsh*t?
chadachada123

Postby chadachada123 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:07 am

This. Episode. Sucked.

That was complete and utter bullcrap. This was a chance to really make a statement, but instead Matt/Trey/ComedyCentral pussed out. I'm never buying your DVD's again because of this.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”