*1406: 201* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

epccsplayer

Re: *1406: 201* Post-Air Discussion

Postby epccsplayer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:41 am

IHateCelebritiesToo wrote:I got news for you folks... This episode, and especially the decision to not re-air it, is going to be a big, big deal. The next couple days is going to bring a firestorm of media attention.

Matt and Trey are the only people with balls left in Hollywood.

Nope. They don't even live in Hollywood! (Venice Beach)There is literally no one left in Hollywood with balls.
conradv

Postby conradv » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:41 am

Awsome episode. I loved the bleeping....

It was also nice to see "Raisins" again. lol
jjnov24

Postby jjnov24 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:43 am

That was awesome. Like everyone I was also sad to see Pip die.

The whole thing with Cartman's dad was a surprising twist yet excellent. Great job Trey and Matt
stledmonds15

Postby stledmonds15 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:45 am

When you click Play This Episode for Episode 201 from this website, the following message appears:

"We apologize that South Park Studios can not stream Episode 201 at this time.

After we delivered the show, and prior to broadcast, Comedy Central placed numerous additional audio bleeps throughout the episode. We do not have network approval to stream our original version of the show.

We will bring you a version of 201 as soon as we can."

I guess that settles the debate about who inserted all the censoring....
pdfsmail

Postby pdfsmail » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:45 am

When it comes to what is aired it is the deciding factor of the broadcasting channel...final say (ok gov't can override it i guess). so what can SP do about that.. Stop blaming them. don't like it then go fix it YOURSELF, u will epic fail im sure, enough bs everyone! Dont trash it if you arent gonna fix it.

I personally think it was a great ep!
lost my least fav character
scott tenorman
Cartmans dad revealed...

why don't we look at the other things that are just as important, like who cartman's dad was... etc.

I am highly disappointed...
In the SP community.
me=a hybrid of Tweek,Butters,Cartman,&Kyle!

GIVING INTO AN EXTREMIST SHOWS WEAKNESS, AND OPENS A DOOR TO FAILURE THIS WILL NOT APPEASE THEIR THREATS.
Travisty11

f*ck COMMEDY CENTRAL

Postby Travisty11 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:46 am

Come on guys, 14 years of this bullsh*t is long enough, South Park needs to go rogue and just broadcast episodes over SPS.com. I know many of your sponsors and fans would jump on the bandwagon. Think about it, south park UNCUT, as it should be. If it means paying for a subscription, tell me where to sign.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:48 am

Decent episode. I do think that there was a slightly low amount of jokes, but still not a bad episode. 8/10.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Lobo_the_main_man

Postby Lobo_the_main_man » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:48 am

stledmonds15 wrote:When you click Play This Episode for Episode 201 from this website, the following message appears:

"We apologize that South Park Studios can not stream Episode 201 at this time.

After we delivered the show, and prior to broadcast, Comedy Central placed numerous additional audio bleeps throughout the episode. We do not have network approval to stream our original version of the show.

We will bring you a version of 201 as soon as we can."

I guess that settles the debate about who inserted all the censoring....

Wow, there is going to be hell to pay for this from Matt & Trey.
drlcartman

Postby drlcartman » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:49 am

quick point:

I don't recall Muhammad having a speaking role in this, as he apparently did in the last episode. I would think that it would be strange to have Muhammad in the episode, in full view, with no speaking part. So, I am assuming that the "censorship" of him and his name was intentional because I would think he would of had some dialogue if he was supposed to be uncensored, such as a "yes," "no," or at least have the characters interact with him more and would of been part of the "lesson" (as in, Muhammad giving a speech instead of Jesus/Santa) at the end of the episode.

horrible grammar, but i dont care.
pdfsmail

Re: f*ck COMMEDY CENTRAL

Postby pdfsmail » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:49 am

Travisty11 wrote:Come on guys, 14 years of this bullsh*t is long enough, South Park needs to go rogue and just broadcast episodes over SPS.com. I know many of your sponsors and fans would jump on the bandwagon. Think about it, south park UNCUT, as it should be. If it means paying for a subscription, tell me where to sign.

This is where the blame should be... not directed toward SP but the paranoid comedy central and us restrictions.... maybe christians or hindu should make a threat so neither Jesus or Christna can be shown or mentioned.. same for bhudda
me=a hybrid of Tweek,Butters,Cartman,&Kyle!

GIVING INTO AN EXTREMIST SHOWS WEAKNESS, AND OPENS A DOOR TO FAILURE THIS WILL NOT APPEASE THEIR THREATS.
Donald Serrot

Postby Donald Serrot » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 am

WhatWhatWHAT?
I have to wait longer? Aw come on that's not cool. I don't get to watch it on TV. Ah well, guess I'll just wait impatiently.
*sits*
*staaaaaaaaaaaaare*
Lobo_the_main_man

Postby Lobo_the_main_man » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:51 am

I guess the terrorists should ask for a few million dollars too, Comedy Central will just give into that also.
epccsplayer

Postby epccsplayer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:52 am

And to add my two cents, I am still torn as to whether the bleeping was intentional or not on the part of Matt and Trey. My first instinct was that yes, it was totally intentional and a jab to Comedy Central.

However, at the end of the episode, when Kyle is giving his speech that is bleeped (presumably about how people must be treated equally and without special treatment), I would've thought that Matt and Trey would have left it alone. Maybe let Kyle add in a final word negating his speech, like "... maybe" or "... or not." The fact that Kyle's last moralizing speech makes me wonder whether or not the guys truly bleeped the episode on purpose.

We shall see shortly, I am sure.
Sonic Man78

Postby Sonic Man78 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:52 am

Holy CRAP. What a way for a follow-up episode!

First off, the beginning of the episode threw me off with the whole Saigon bit, but then I realized it was all part of the follow-up.

Second - I LOVED the references to previous episodes in this -- this proves you can creatively elebrate a 100th, 200th, 300th or even 400th episode without it being the traditional flashback episode, which in my honest to God opinion is overdone and overrated.

Third - Seaman and all the semen jokes that followed. I swear, I laughed so hard when he said Swallow, come.

Third - The references to Mecha-Streisand's one weakness being her nose, tying to her duet with Niel Diamond was fricken brilliant. Who else here besides myself thought Trey's impersonation of Diamond was f*cking spot on?? And while we're on the subject on Mecha-Streisand, I loved how she sprayed her victims with her mechanical womanhood, both when she was destroying South Park and when she was on stage.

Fourth - Scott Tenorman: HOLY sh*t. The minute he said Chile Con Carnival, I freaked and said "OH MY GOD, SCOTT TENORMAN!!" What an amazing plot twist is all I can say to how Cartman discovered who his biological father was. Jake Tenorman of the '89 Denver Broncos. Moreso, Cartman being half-brothers with Scott Tenorman was brilliantly played and was better than Cartman's father being Chef/Garrison/Brovlofski/Maphisto.

Fifth - Tom Cruise: At first I thought he was going to be sent to Planet Marklar, but when I saw his corpse next to Willzyx's carcass on the moon, I laughed hysterically and it was overall an awesomely done episode.

Finally, the censorship -- okay, I could have lived without the excess censorship, but I think that was part of the joke, especially with Kyle's speech.

Best episode of the mid-season. I'm thinking this might bring more Cartman and Scott Tenorman episodes in the future. Perhaps a return of the Coon, with Tenorman as the Coon's nemesis.
"Bullies beware! The Hero Signal means you'll be hurting now!"
conradv

Postby conradv » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:53 am

The only thing that could have made it better would have been if Cartman was part Ginger and part Hippie.... lol

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”