*1406: 201* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

conradv

Re: Comedy Central: Pussing out or being cautious?

Postby conradv » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:43 am

schming wrote:
JewPower wrote:
stfunradrew wrote:This episode was revolutionary only in the fact that Trey Matt and comedy central didn't make fun of Muhammed because of a threat by an Islamic nut job...They censored every time Muhammad was said and even censored the entire ending "I've learned something today" speech because it talked about Muhammad (I'm guessing) Looks like the old make fun of everything or nothing motto doesn't apply more. It's a shame that damn religious whackos can ruin our lands right to free speech.

You're missing the point of the bleeping, it was for the comedic value, both for the speech and for Muhammad, as I said before, sticking it to CC

NO NO NO, you are the only one getting f*cked. There is no joke in bleeping, if you like getting f'd in the a so much move to san francisco.

But you're missing a bigger point with your juvenile rants - if CC would have left it alone uncensored (if they indeed censored it), there would have been little if no reaction. Just a few wacko Muslim groups.

But NOW, it's an "event" and will undoubtedly get much more publicity from the media than it would have.

So in effect, the "bleeps" were worse for C.C. than not bleeping at all.

So chill out.
JewPower

Postby JewPower » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:45 am

schming wrote:
JewPower wrote:
stfunradrew wrote:This episode was revolutionary only in the fact that Trey Matt and comedy central didn't make fun of Muhammed because of a threat by an Islamic nut job...They censored every time Muhammad was said and even censored the entire ending "I've learned something today" speech because it talked about Muhammad (I'm guessing) Looks like the old make fun of everything or nothing motto doesn't apply more. It's a shame that damn religious whackos can ruin our lands right to free speech.

You're missing the point of the bleeping, it was for the comedic value, both for the speech and for Muhammad, as I said before, sticking it to CC

NO NO NO, you are the only one getting f*cked. There is no joke in bleeping, if you like getting f'd in the a so much move to san francisco.

I see no valid argument here other than mine. I see the bleeping as satirizing CC for being pussies, and the way they go about doing the joke seems to be proof enough for itself..
Stanluv25

Re: *1406: 201* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:48 am

Whenever we do get the episode again I'll comment on it. But holy cow!!! Cartman's father!!!! LOVED it!! Upset it wasn't Mr. Garrison but so happy it's not Gerald! Cartman being 1/2 ginger is enough hilarity on its own! :mrgreen:

I don't know if the bleeping of Muhammad's name was intentional or not. It's defiantly a Trey and Matt thing to do, bleep out the name as well as the image. So who knows. I wish Stan 'learned something today.' I feel that's his line as he says it more often than Kyle but, whatever. I just want to see the episode uncensored!!
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
gigarath

Postby gigarath » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:50 am

http://youthcafe.tv/south-park/season/14/episode/6

This is a full version of 201. f*ck the communist cunts that run this network. FTW!

+1 for freedom.
JewPower

Postby JewPower » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:51 am

conradv wrote:
schming wrote:
JewPower wrote: You're missing the point of the bleeping, it was for the comedic value, both for the speech and for Muhammad, as I said before, sticking it to CC

But you're missing a bigger point with your juvenile rants - if CC would have left it alone uncensored (if they indeed censored it), there would have been little if no reaction. Just a few wacko Muslim groups.

But NOW, it's an "event" and will undoubtedly get much more publicity from the media than it would have.

So chill out.

Sorry, are you disagreeing with me or schming?
digthatfunk

Postby digthatfunk » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:51 am

Okay, a few things folks. I'm certainly pissed as well as you all are, I'm sure, about the failure to re-air the episode at midnight. Until this is resolved, I refuse to watch Communist Central anymore(kind of sucks, it's pretty much one of 4 stations I watch). But, if you really want to see the episode, just torrent it. Google is your friend, along with the phrase "South park 1406 torrent".

Second, and mainly, WRITE COMEDY CENTRAL: http://www.comedycentral.com/help/questionsCC.jhtml

Tell them how pissed you are. Try not to be a troll so they'll take you more seriously. Make them respect South Park's Authori-TAH!
slpkn09

Postby slpkn09 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:52 am

i loved reading all this stupid posts about how all the censored stuff was intentionally done for comedic value and that all the people who were pissed about the bleeps just didnt get the joke LOL. well this is what you see when you go to "full episodes" and click on "201":

"we apologize that south park studios cannot stream episode 201 at this time.

after we delivered the show, and prior to broadcast, comedy central placed numerous additional audio bleeps throughout the episode. we do not have network approval to stream our original version of the show.

we will bring you a version of 201 as soon as we can"

so there you go morons they werent sticking it to cc or the islamic extrimists by censoring the episode themselves and it wasnt part of a joke that only YOU understood. so for all the idiots that still dont get it this is what happened. south park gave the original episode to cc and they bleeped the crap out if it.
dunnep91

Postby dunnep91 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:53 am

nahhhh . .. .
Kivarelax

Postby Kivarelax » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:54 am

Does anybody remember what CC did about a month ago? They broadcast the entire Super Best Friends episode with no censorship whatsoever. Muh... I mean, ********, was clearly shown. With superpowers!

What's worse, having Muhammad stand around wearing a bear costume, or having him appear in person, constructing giant statues of John Wilkes Booth and making jokes about semen?
PitBoss7

Did you all forget this EP?

Postby PitBoss7 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:57 am

Firstly to Matt and Trey, thanks for the dedicated awesomeness that was these last two EPs. Bravo ;-)

To CC, you rat bastards, may I remind you of an Episode you have apparently forgotten. Namely, Season Five, Episode 68 entitled "Super Best Friends" wherein Mohammed not only speaks, but is shown and there were NO repercussions to that airing. So the question then becomes what in the frelling hell is wrong with you idiots?
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:58 am

Wtf???? We cant watch any episodes from 14 now? As Stan would say- this is pretty f*cked up right now.

Really??? This is now bothering me. Guess the censoring wasn't intentional. :? Whatever is going down I sure hope T&M are giving the people at CC a good talking to as we speak. This is SP. They can make fun of anyone and anything and have for 13 1/2 seasons now, why does it matter now?? C'mon, at least give us the other season 14 episodes! What the hell is wrong with You Have 0 Friends huh?? Nothing!

You're only making us fans more and more angry so grow a pair and act like nothing happened.

*resisting the urge to blow up right now*
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
drlcartman

Postby drlcartman » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:02 am

When I was originally watching the episode, I was a little disturbed that CC chickened out, AGAIN. However, after the whole "goo" scene, and censoring Tom Cruise and the speeches, I thought that maybe it was part of a running joke. Even if it wasn't, it IS CC's station, and they have a right, as the owners of the broadcasting station, to show what they want and censor what they want. But when I saw that they won't even allowed the episode to be shown online...... :cartmansopissedrightnow: :cartmansopissedrightnow: :cartmansopissedrightnow: :cartmansopissedrightnow: :cartmansopissedrightnow: :cartmansopissedrightnow: :cartmansopissedrightnow: :cartmansopissedrightnow: :cartmansopissedrightnow: :cartmansopissedrightnow: :cartmansopissedrightnow: :cartmansopissedrightnow:

This is, in my opinion, one of the best, if not the best, south park episode that I have ever seen. And for CC to do this, I'm speechless.

Here's hoping it's all a joke/marketing gimmick.
schming

Postby schming » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:06 am

conradv wrote:But you're missing a bigger point with your juvenile rants - if CC would have left it alone uncensored (if they indeed censored it), there would have been little if no reaction. Just a few wacko Muslim groups.

So chill out.

I get that the whole f*cking thing was bleeped the sh*t out of in spite of CC, I'm just pissed the f*ck off, maybe cause i'm drunk off my ass. I want south park to be able to say f*ck you to whomever they want without having to include bleeps or other forms of censorship(whether they do it themselves or not), or losing chef. IT'S BULLBLEEP!
TheFreakinStud

Postby TheFreakinStud » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:13 am

I couldn't wait to tune in this week and see muhammad. WTF! They didn't even say his name! Are you freakin kidding me! Time to complain like never before..I've been around since the beginning, I was a SP fan before it was cool. This was the WORST episode ever, in spite of the amazingness which was finding out C killed his father and all, which was epic. But that awesome storyline being drown out in this crap about muhammad is ridiculous! They should have just left that stuff out all-together if they were gonna wuss out and let the terrorists win!

This is a copy of the message I sent to Comedy Central. I give full permission for it to be copied and resent an infinite number of times:

I hope you realize the grave error you made in censoring the most recent South Park episode. Shame on you! You allow terrorists to determine whether or not you beep a name or show a cartoon image of a person. I insist that Comedy Central makes a public apology for allowing this nonsense that is censorship, and play Episode 1406 uncensored. Until you do, I will organize a boycott of CC, and all sponsors and advertisers.

By allowing terrorists to control what is shown, you are simply setting yourselves up for a future clash. Eventually you'll anger people from the other side of the aisle(those that support free-speech, which you obviously do not), and they will threaten you if you do censor it.

CC can be messaged here:

http://www.comedycentral.com/help/questionsCC.jhtml

I suggest you use South Park Episode 201 or 1406 as a title and be sure to select South Park as the program.
pangean

bleep

Postby pangean » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:15 am

What the bleep Comedy Central?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”