*1406: 201* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

10000days

Re: *1406: 201* Post-Air Discussion

Postby 10000days » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:29 am

TheFreakinStud wrote:Ohh not American? Thank you God! I was worried someone like you might have actually been allowed to vote in the last election.

Yeah, see I live in a country that has good (universal) healthcare and isn't communist. Amazing, huh?
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:31 am

When I saw that thread in offtopic about how that Muslim site is making implied threats against Matt and Trey I got angry. I got angrier at midnight when I turned on Comedy Central to watch 201, and they aired a rerun..f*ckers. I had to close tonight at work, so thank you to the person who posted a link to the episode. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have gotten to see it, and I was looking forward to tonight's episode for a week.

I usually have a lot to say about how people shouldn't be assh*les to others over religion, but I have no sympathy for Muslims who are pissed about someone who is not a Muslim portraying Muhamad. For one, do the kind of Muslims who get violent over this sh*t show the same respect that they want to other religions? From what I have researched about the spread of Islam, they do not. It seems that Muhamad wasn't very nice to people in his area who were Pagan, and since I am Pagan, well f*ck him too. And Muhamad was also the one who thought that making women completely cover themselves was a good idea, to protect them from perverts. bullsh*t, sounds like many Muslim women still don't have a choice as to whether they want to wear the veils or not, and there are violent consequences for some women who disobey. That isn't protection, that is control.

I am not going to yell at Comedy Central though..If I was in charge, I would probably take this threat seriously too. I have worked at my job long enough to know that corporations take any such threat of violence towards it's employees pretty seriously, and maybe they should because sometimes the people who make the threats are f*cking crazy enough to carry them out. If what the article posted in Offtopic said was true about certain assh*le Muslims having Trey and Matt's addresses, I am concerned. However, if that wasn't the case, and the assh*le Muslims were no more of a threat and assh*le Fundy Christians, I would be laughing my ass off at them being all pissed that some one ( who isn't even of their faith) showed a picture of their bigotted, sexist, assh*le prophet.
Kovacs

Postby Kovacs » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:33 am

1-Where is the end?
NIGH!
READ THE F*CKIN' SIGN!

2-U2
You two guys yackin back and forth STFU!

3-Most of those images on page 13 were epic.

4-If this stands-SouthPark will fall.

5-Comedy Central has already fallen.

6-Matt and Trey-we stand behind you guys, and some of us will stand in front-Operation Human Shield. The line has to be drawn somewhere. You draw ones on the page. We'll draw the ones in the sand.
TheFreakinStud

Postby TheFreakinStud » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:34 am

10000days wrote:
TheFreakinStud wrote:Ohh not American? Thank you God! I was worried someone like you might have actually been allowed to vote in the last election.

Yeah, see I live in a country that has good (universal) healthcare and isn't communist. Amazing, huh?

Oh, and what planet are you from? I wish we could do that here on earth.
TheFreakinStud

Postby TheFreakinStud » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:38 am

Kovacs wrote:
2-U2
You two guys yackin back and forth STFU!

Agreed. My bad. This censorship is far more important than ideals.
leopoltscotch

Postby leopoltscotch » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:44 am

Matt and Trey are immortal. so is south park. F*CK the rest!!
10000days

Postby 10000days » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:44 am

TheFreakinStud wrote:
10000days wrote:

Oh, and what planet are you from? I wish we could do that here on earth.

Maybe you should open some of those books you've written? :lol:
EDIT: To stay on topic (sorry, I'll stop arguing with the professor) this episode was a bit below par, censored or not. The season overall hasn't been fantastic. Decent, but a bit inconsistent.
MuhammadPooPants

Postby MuhammadPooPants » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:51 am

love you guys
NamedB

Postby NamedB » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:55 am

Biggest problem with political discussions: neither side considering even the chance that the other guy could have any valid points.

that being said, let it be known that if you're going to say universal healthcare indicates that the prez is a communist and america is headed for the shitter, you're going to look like a dumbass. and if you're going to deny that universal healthcare isn't at least derived from Marxian principles, you will also look like a dumbass. read the dang manifesto he wrote (aptly titled "The Communist Manifesto") and then talk about communism. But please do so elsewhere...? There are other message boards on which you can impersonate pedantic erudites. :)

Moving on to more important things, like South Park. Just realized something. It may be a stretch, but could be worth pointing out. I noticed that Joseph Smith's superpower was freezing people (like Sally Struthers HA). I wonder if this is a nod to the "chilling effect," which is a principle of censorship. Studied it a bit in a communications course I took a few semesters ago. If i recall correctly, it has a few uses, but often refers to self-censorship motivated by fear of negative consequences. Intentional? or am I reading wayyy too much into that.

Whether or not all the bleeping was a premeditated PR maneuver, this episode DEFINITELY forced its viewers to think about censorship and freedom of speech. mission accomplished.
TheFreakinStud

Postby TheFreakinStud » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:06 am

NamedB wrote:Biggest problem with political discussions: neither side considering even the chance that the other guy could have any valid points.

that being said, let it be known that if you're going to say universal healthcare indicates that the prez is a communist and america is headed for the shitter, you're going to look like a dumbass. and if you're going to deny that universal healthcare isn't at least derived from Marxian principles, you will also look like a dumbass. read the dang manifesto he wrote (aptly titled "The Communist Manifesto") and then talk about communism. But please do so elsewhere...? There are other message boards on which you can impersonate pedantic erudites. :)

Moving on to more important things, like South Park. Just realized something. It may be a stretch, but could be worth pointing out. I noticed that Joseph Smith's superpower was freezing people (like Sally Struthers HA). I wonder if this is a nod to the "chilling effect," which is a principle of censorship. Studied it a bit in a communications course I took a few semesters ago. If i recall correctly, it has a few uses, but often refers to self-censorship motivated by fear of negative consequences. Intentional? or am I reading wayyy too much into that.

Whether or not all the bleeping was a premeditated PR maneuver, this episode DEFINITELY forced its viewers to think about censorship and freedom of speech. mission accomplished.

Do note, I never even negatively referred to Obama.

And yes, I also took note of their superpowers. I would have loved to see Fahrenheit or 1984 referenced if they were going to make a censorship episode though..
TheFreakinStud

Postby TheFreakinStud » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:09 am

For those of you who feel negatively towards CC for the censorship, I ask that you consider joinging this fb group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... all&ref=mf
TakeYaOrdahPwease

Postby TakeYaOrdahPwease » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:10 am

This episode was absolutely begging for crab people.

But that Willzyx on the Moon classic ending was just as cool the second time around!
gigarath

Postby gigarath » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:11 am

NamedB wrote:Biggest problem with political discussions: neither side considering even the chance that the other guy could have any valid points.

I have read The Manifesto of the Communist Party by Karl Marx. You need note that the whole idea is that everyone is equal. By censoring this episode Comedy Central is saying that radical Muslims deserve some sort of respect like you know peaceful Muslims that don't go around threatening to kill people. (FYI my step-father whom I love very dearly is a Muslim). Communism aside it is our right as American citizens to speak freely for anyone, and against anyone.

I am for freedom of speech. So I want South Park uncensored. On the same token I want the terrorists to say whatever the hell they want. They have that right. Muslims who get offended have the right to not watch the show, and protest it. Write about it etc. But again on the same token Matt & Trey deserve to air freely without censor.
TheFreakinStud

Postby TheFreakinStud » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:19 am

gigarath wrote:

On the same token I want the terrorists to say whatever the hell they want. They have that right.

But they shouldn't have the right to threaten harm. That is not a freedom.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”