*1406: 201* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: *1406: 201* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:29 am

SouthParkKicksAss! wrote:[images]

Will you stop posting these already? They're not adding anything to the conversation now.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JohnSmithsManyWives

Postby JohnSmithsManyWives » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:33 am

All of the clips from 200 and the preview for 201 are still up and running here on SPS's site.
SirSuperSouthern

Postby SirSuperSouthern » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:43 am

The hypocrisy behind the message of episode 201 is laughable. To further illustrate my point, I call your attention to South Park episode #512: Here Comes the Neighborhood. If you skip to the end, you'll see the last joke -- Mr Garrison saying "Yeah well at least we got rid of all those ni...".

Did Trey Parker and Matt Stone use THAT opportunity to push their Libertarian agenda by pointing out the fundamental flaws of censorship? Hell no, public opinion wouldn't have been on their side. The word "N!gg3r" is censored almost everywhere, and Americans have accepted this for decades.

I know you're thinking something stupid like "N!gg3r and Muhamm@d are entirely different words; one's a profanity and the other is a man's name." But what makes words more profane than others? Why can they say "sh*t" and "f*ck" on Southpark (as seen on southparkcentral.com) but not "N!gg3r" or "Muhamm@d"?

The reason is that the word "N!gg3r" has a much more sinister history than other slanderous words, which makes the word itself powerful enough to stir negative emotions in most who hear it. The word "Muhamm@d" shares this rare type of power, at the very least, and therefor the networks have just as much a right to censor the word as they do "N!gg3r". History has shown we already accept censorship -- so what's one more word that has the potential to be even more dangerous?

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are manipulative bastards -- they've literally gone full-Cartman with this one. Yet, The Stupids will undoubtedly blame Comedy Central for this little stunt without ever stopping to think about it. How sad...
kyletheking

Postby kyletheking » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:54 am

I cant believe that comedy central would bleep out the name muhammed and what kyle, jesus, and santa said. Or was that part of the joke?
porksoda

Postby porksoda » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:56 am

Additional skinny:

The "can't be streamed" notice is trying to say that SPS does not even possess the version with the "M" word edited out, because that is not the version they made, CC will not let them show the episode that they have with the "M" word in tact.

But the unfortunate deeper truth is that CC is now not even allowing the edited version to be seen, Zack in Virginia and his blog have them too scared. (not a joke!)

To reiterate, the long bleeps at the "what I learned" were intentional.
SouthParkKicksAss!

Postby SouthParkKicksAss! » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:57 am

"Big-Will" (Moderator)...

If you will stop deleting the ones already posted, I would be more than happy to "stop posting" these here. Ironically, you are the first & only one to react to them negatively, as they have been proven by other members/users responses to be both cathartic & completely hilarious! As most of these images are very hard to find & directly correlate to nearly every conceivable angle of every current topic of discussion on here right now, they clearly have their value. So please leave the few left that you haven't deleted, & I will stop posting duplicates of them in order to keep them alive. Right now you are treating me like Comedy Central is to Southpark! The only real news everyone is waiting on right now is word from Matt & Trey regarding the backlash of this censorship. I assure you, I would love to talk about the specific technical problems of the actual "200" & "201" episodes themselves (outside of the censorship), but this issue is just far too daunting to ignore. You cannot bleep the word "Muhammad", & you cannot act like we will all go catatonic if we happen to see an animated depiction of him, as if he is the f*cking Mexican Staring Frog Of Southern Sri lanka! Thank you for all the work that you do on this site, & I assure you that I normally never have any intention of spamming, trolling, or breaking any of the rules on forums like these. I have always & will always be one of the biggest, if not the biggest fan of South Park, & I'm outraged becuase I cannot sit idly by while the greatest show of all time is being raped by Comedy Central & the censors! I cannot break it down any more simply than that for you.
N!N

lol

Postby N!N » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:00 am

M and T - HA HA, HAha, HA

Good job boys finally let yer balls drop. Stand to the man im ready to walk away...

Money is money, noones gonna get bombed and it about time we stop putting up with this crap.

2 thumbs up guys. 10/10

To the fans.... you always make me lol...
S.P. is not a university and these messages as you feel are simple opinions and p.o.v. NOT FACT as people seem to like to make it. Learn but QUIT following like sheep and mindless Zombies. Think for yourself.

sp jumped the shark long ago.

If you wanna read into crap for messages than the episode where they spoof happydays, the fonz gets EATEN by sharks, .. ... well there you go...
Loserbait

Postby Loserbait » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:01 am

Was it just me or did anyone:
- hope that when the Super Best Friends (excluding [censored]) went out to fight Mecha Streisand that they'd all be riding Its? and
- think that Mr Cruise would be sent to Marklar?

Two strong episodes. Loving it.
MUSTreply

Re:

Postby MUSTreply » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:03 am

Donald Serrot wrote:Time to add my two cents. Found it elsewhere. Personally I feel some of the bleeps were intended, specifically the "What I Learned" speech. The bleeping of M*bleeeeeep*d I don't think were intended. Either that or this whole inability to replay it thing is a big joke and M&T/CC are all laughing at us right now reliving the T&P joke from back in the day. Not really sure what route it goes. As for the episode itself not bad, but not as powerful as I was expecting. And I wouldn't be surprised if the dad issue came up again, and really this was once again an elaborate lie made to protect the truth just in case anyone thought to dig deeper. I loved how Tom had the censor bar over him after the... gooification(?) then lost it as soon as someone made fun of him. Wonder if the same would happen to M*bleeeeeeeeeeeep*d... STOP BLEEPING ME! D:<

i feel the reverse is true...i think comedy central did bc scared of the muslim reaction and asked matt and trey to tone down on the muslim references to which they agreed. But I dont think they agreed to the massive bleep at the end..

seeing as there's a rift over audio censorship, there are only 3 instances of audio bleeps in the episode:
a) the usual curse/cuss words
b) mohammed
c) the what i learned speech

i understand that last week they spoke freely on option b), and think they agreed to bleeped it to show the absuridity of on the recent threats. but to have c) bleeped seems weird.

this has to be about coppercab from youtube. all his videos are against south park and im afraid to say he seems 100% legit(and unstable). hell thats where the 'ginger have souls' promo came from.

here is coppercab's reaction to 200:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK6NbGhMw4w

this is what that one muslim site posted:
“We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid, and they will probably wind up like Theo van Gogh for airing this show. This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them.”

wouldnt that be something if a they were referring to a ginger connection??? and maybe c) from above would set of coppercab on a massive rampage...AHHH GINGER/MUSLIM CONNECTION!!!!!!...ok time to put the fried chicken bong down
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:14 am

Wow. Page 17 already in this thread :shock:

Be aware that I was away again this afternoon (Wednesday) and I just got home (4:00 am); I did see the one airing on an old 13 inch Magnavox TV at 10:00 PM 125 miles from my home; and at midnight episode 1406 did not replay; 1402, The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs did; what happened, Comedy Central caved into terrorist threats?

I did not have a chance to read any of the previous posts in this thread yet. When I do I'll post again. I post now to say:

1. I've been predicting Pip's return for the 200th episode, and I'm glad he made it back for 201.

2. The rest you can read in my post tomorrow because this is an edit of what I posted originally. I wanted to post a second time, but I instead edited this post :oops: Sorry :oops:

I am so glad I had the opportunity to watch 201 (1406) on that 13 inch '80s Magnavox 125 miles away from my home. I'm glad because now I would like to see the episode again on the episode player, and even though South Park Digital Studios L.L.C. is owned by Matt Stone and Trey Parker, this is the message we all get when trying to access this episode on the episode player:

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af1 ... _1/201.png

And the whole thing is stupid because the Islamic extemists were mad that Muhammad was portrayed in a mascot outfit. But it wasn't Muhammad in the mascot outfit at all - it was Santa :santa:

That's the trouble with jumping to conclusions. Until the 2 or 3 parter of episode 200 (1405) was aired, no one (except Matt and Trey and the SP writing team and animators and production staff knew the outcome. But no - let's break contracts (between Comedy Central and Matt and Trey) by jumping to conclusions. Time for some hot chocolate milk so I can attempt to sleep now :x
Last edited by zzyzx 1 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Donald Serrot

Postby Donald Serrot » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:27 am

"The long bleeps at the "what we learned" part was intentionally done by T&M. The bleeps of the "M" word were not intentional, and were made by Comedy Central because one dickhole college student in Virginia named Zack posted addresses of M&T and the CC offices on his blog and suggested that there may be violence."

That's pretty much the conclusion I came to about the bleeps after watching the episode. Thankfully I found it at the link someone posted before (and utilized the download option) so at least I'll always have a copy. Really sucks that someone would do such a thing. Hopefully the whole mess can be fixed soon and we can get back to making fun of everything like we are supposed to.

EDIT: Ohay, it's much easier to keep up with this on the forum than it is on the episode viewer thingy. Not used to taking part in these discussions. :lol:
Last edited by Donald Serrot on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
jcp51674

Postby jcp51674 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:29 am

well that SUCKS donkey balls.cant watch original version
Metal_Meatwad

Postby Metal_Meatwad » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:40 am

What Zack's blog from Virginia are you all talking about? I can't find the blog or find anything about it online except for here.
SouthParkKicksAss!

Postby SouthParkKicksAss! » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:43 am

This YouTube video has its merits (although my views are significantly stronger than what is conveyed here). Specifically the bottom line is that EVERY single TRUE South Park fan needs to write Comedy Central atleast a short letter expressing our disgust over what they did. So feel free to vent, specualate, ask questions, do some reading, & ramble on forums like these (if you HAVE to) until you feel properly informed & have your thoughts organized enough to sit down & write what will be one of the many, many thousands of angry fan letters sent to Comedy Central expressing our disgust in the network for the atrocity they commited against their "cash cow" show South Park & the betrayal against all their loyal viewers. Do not let them get away with this as it will then only get worse, I assure you. They are about to receive something far worse than a "terrorist threat"... a "publicity" & "financial" threat from people boycotting the network, & media coverage of this incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y-2Su2Fz3Q
Last edited by SouthParkKicksAss! on Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevesut1

Postby stevesut1 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:53 am

Not bad, except for the excessive bleeping that was added by Comedy Central.

Aren't there laws in this country about inciting violence against people now?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”