*1406: 201* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

RyanPHill77

Re: *1406: 201* Post-Air Discussion

Postby RyanPHill77 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:22 am

At first, it pissed me off that Comedy Central did what they did to this episode, especially the last few minutes (my ears were ringing after hearing a solid minute of non-stop "bleeping"). However, that anger has now become sadness, because our country's soul died a little that night. In a very ironic and post-modernistic way, the version Comedy Central aired perfectly portrayed the message that the episode was trying to get across.

Muslim extremists, on September 11, 2001, apparently won the war with a single act before any of us were aware that the war had ever begun. This episode sought out to show the hypocrisy in our own culture that it is ok to criticize, mock, or outright slander ANYTHING, except of course Muhammed and his religion. By cencoring it, Comedy Central proved that Islam now truly is above criticism. That is, at least, in the public eye.

For now.
The point!--envenom'd too! Then, venom, to thy work, buddy!
TKEON230

Postby TKEON230 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:22 am

I really enjoyed watching this episode. Having Cartman's Dad be Tennorman's Dad was a hilarious twist. It is unfortunate that we probably won't be seeing this episode ever again. What really sucks is that I pre-ordered the season from iTunes in HD. So, I've already paid for the episode but I'll probably never get it. Hopefully they will show the episode again, but if they don't I hope it doesn't take forever for me to get my money back.
agustina0407

Postby agustina0407 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:26 am

I feel like I want to say a lot of things about this episode but I don't know how to say them correctly in english, lol!

First of all, I hated everything that happened with this episodes, from the death threats to Matt and Trey, to Comedy Central censoring the word Muhammad and Kyle's speech at the end, and after that, pulling the episode out the air and from the website... All of this made me super sad because I had been wanting to see this episode all week, it was supposed to be a celebration, but it got ruined by a few people who don't understand what South Park is about...

Anyway! I don't want to talk only about the negative here! And when it comes to the episode, I loved it!
It was crazy in a way that only SP knows how to be crazy!
And, I would have never guessed who Cartman's dad was, and when we found out it was EPIC!
Also, the Super Best Friends are the best (My favorite is Moses, he's hillarious! :lol: )
South Park es lo más! ♥
2+2=5

Postby 2+2=5 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:51 am

Am I the only one who thinks 200's muhammed bear costume thing was a reference to the contraversy over a teacher naming a child's teddy bear muhammed and almost being whipped to death for it? Not this episode but it kinda carried over being at the start and all :P

I'm sure this wouldn't have been popular if not for the contraversy it created. Laughing at people who thought m and t censored it but the beeps were the funniest part asside from the attacks on gingers.
SuperMaids/superiorsavior/PIPaul strikes again...because he forgot his Passover. Again.

Postby 203177 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:15 am

awesome ep 10/10 so cartmans dad was scotts dad i had no idea. but the whole censoring the word mohammed and censoring kyle jesus and santas speech was just super gay. but killing off pip was just gay he was a great character. but i'm happy to see mr mephesto bridons whole family and mr hankey again.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
stfunradrew

Comedy Central has made a distinction...

Postby stfunradrew » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:29 am

So no streaming of ep 201 or even the original Super Best Friends episode from season 5. Looks like CC can't and wont take Trey and Matt's advice about not making a distinction on what to make fun of. :?
If you censor out Muhammad than you've made a distinction about what's okay to poke fun at and what isn't. Either it's all okay, or none of it is.
nycinoc

Postby nycinoc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:48 am

Sweet Jesus who do I have to sleep with to just finally see episode 201?

Look, I've been a South Park fan ever since a friend of mine bought a VHS tape of the original "Jesus/Santa Clause" thing started 2 years before the show even got picked up.

Episode 200 was brilliant, even without this whole I-slam, You-slam we all slam for Islam crap.

What really bothers me is that it seems that Cox Cable here in CA did not air episode 201 at all. This season has been set-up to record all new episodes on my DVR and a the day before it was listed as a "new" episode.

Around 11PM I finally had a chance to catch up and sure enough no recording. The episode was listed as the weeks before and ultimately never shown.

I understand that we now cower fear when anyone utters the dreaded "M" word, but jumping Jesus on a pogo-stick what's a "Recovering Catholic" have to do to let the Jews who run Viacom re-air episode 201 so I can finally check it out???

PS- Anything considered offensive in this post is merely meant for pointing out the absolute hypocritical standards that Comedy Central and Viacom have demonstrated to their viewers.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:51 am

You can sleep with any site that has a torrent of the episode, such as www.mrtwig.net
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
chrisk14

Postby chrisk14 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:54 am

Wow I'm super Pissed! I love south park like no other, but this is how cc reacts to some ahole in ny? I was looking forward to an uncensored version online only to find that there is NO version at all! Then I go to show my wife the original super friends episode and its gone too. unbelievable, I half expect it to disappear from my dvr. So these muslam morons were not that mad about the first super friends? or cartoon wars? or team america? in closing I would like to say I will partake in the "draw muhammad day" on may 20th and I hope you do too.
durka durka muhammad jihad... :x
You're not my friend, BUDDY!
AxayPaulene

Postby AxayPaulene » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:20 am

I liked it a lot.
R.I.P Pip: 1989 - 2010
Πιστεύω σε σας

Pull your fucking pants up!
porksoda

Postby porksoda » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:01 am

Thank you SPS for not censoring my mostly non-offensive and partially incorrect posts during your "database error".
supergloc

Postby supergloc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:01 am

I still can't believe they censored Kyle's speech:(
I"ll try to decipher it, meh in my dreams..
If you love two people, choose the second one. It's because you wouldn't fall for another if you really love your first.
porksoda

Postby porksoda » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:53 am

supergloc wrote :
> I still can't believe they censored Kyle's speech:(
> I"ll try to decipher it, meh in my dreams..

Good luck with that.

I now see that the speeches by Jesus and Santa are a reference to The Spirit of Christmas, maybe they mention that they'll buy everybody an orange smoothie.

I've blocked all Viacom networks from my TV with my parental controls over this. All they care about is viewership=money. Lets take that away until they pay attention.

List of Viacom networks:
http://www.viacom.com/ourbrands/Pages/default.aspx

Block them all. I'm also not buying or going to any Paramount movies.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

'Kay, so as I was going to say before I was interrupted...

Okay, I've seen it now. Pretty good. I loved the pay off on many of the things that the fans have been wanting to see for so long. I saw the ending coming. Didn't see Seaman coming though. ew. And yes, that is how you say it. "Seamun"... like "Supermun" or "Batmun" or "Madmun" (see here: http://mp3twit.com/1uV)
Oh, the concert was a giggle. (trey does a good neil diamond)
Didn't see the daddy issue playing out the way it did. I honestly thought that for a while that they were gonna say it was Muhammad. Although you know what this means now... Liane only has a pooner and not a peener as well, and you know what? I still wanna hit that hard.
Y'know what else? I love SBF Moses. :lol: *Moses!* "What?" *We need to find a way to stop Mechastriesand!* "Um... okay, uh... "
I won't go on about all the obvious problems with the ep. There's really nothing to be said on that front that most likely hasn't already been said.
PinkEims

Postby PinkEims » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:18 pm

Why didn't Towlie feature in 200/201? What can be the reason for his pariah status? I was sure he would be there, if Mr Hanky can make it why not Towlie? I can only assume that he is getting his own spin-off show and the creators of SP are purposely whetting our appetites by not showing him.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”