*1406: 201* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

triplemultiplex

Re: *1406: 201* Post-Air Discussion

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:50 pm

It should be noted that as a private company, Comedy Central is completely within their right to air what they want and not air what they don't want. They are not actually violating the 1st Amendment with their no-Muhammad policy.

That doesn't excuse the fact that they are kowtowing to pressure from a small minority of asshats who don't appreciate satire and have some sort of deep seeded insecurity about themselves and their religion that makes them lash out at a harmless cartoon show. It's a ridiculous double standard on CC's part, given all the bank they've made as SP rakes other religions over the coals, but it's not unconstitutional.

Anyone else notice that CC aired Team America on the stash over the weekend? It kinda felt like a lame consolation prize for M&T and their viewers in the wake of the clusterfuck they created.

Oh, and Mitch Connor is from Sheboygan? That was a cool shout-out for folks in my neck of the woods. (Sheboygan is about an hour north of here.)

You read it! You can't unread it!
andrefap

Postby andrefap » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:16 am

I`ve seen it, but the end is really disappointing, Eric kills his own father, turning him on chili. And he`s sad cause his father is a ginger.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:44 am

I kind of liked Scott Tenorman's appearance in the episode..Very twisted, almost like a horror movie, and anyone who knows me on this board knows I am a huge horror fans. Speaking of which, I wonder, if back in season 5, when Scott Tenorman Must Die was made,Trey and Matt were inspired by Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, because in that movie, there was a chili cook off, and chili that was made with human flesh.

I think 200 and 201 were more intended to be episodes for the fans, because of all the references to past shows. Fans who have seen every single episode many times, are going to appreciate that..But because of the controversy about this episode, it isn't going to be remembered that way..It is going to be an episode that is remembered for pissing off some violent muslims.
Travis17

Postby Travis17 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:04 pm

porksoda wrote :
> Good luck with that.
>
> I now see that the speeches by Jesus and Santa are a reference to The Spirit of
> Christmas, maybe they mention that they'll buy everybody an orange smoothie.
>
> I've blocked all Viacom networks from my TV with my parental controls over this. All
> they care about is viewership=money. Lets take that away until they pay attention.
>
> List of Viacom networks:
> http://www.viacom.com/ourbrands/Pages/default.aspx
>
> Block them all. I'm also not buying or going to any Paramount movies.

I will also be boycotting Viacom. I didn't realize how many channels they own and was only going to stop watching Comedy Central but I can live without watching their channels.

You can always dl episodes online anyways. Can't support a company that would do something like this. Them losing viewers is the only way they'll see the error of their decision.

I can't believe they also took down the "Super Best Friends" episode.
capt_falcone

Postby capt_falcone » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:36 pm

triplemultiplex wrote :

> Oh, and Mitch Connor is from Sheboygan? That was a cool shout-out for
> folks in my neck of the woods. (Sheboygan is about an hour north of here.)

I love about an hour and a half west of Sheboygan.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/capt_falcone

That's right, a mothafuckin bunny!

I say the whole world must learn of our peaceful ways. By force!
capt_falcone

Postby capt_falcone » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:37 pm

Travis17 wrote :

> I can't believe they also took down the "Super Best Friends" episode.

Wow, that's really f*cking lame.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/capt_falcone

That's right, a mothafuckin bunny!

I say the whole world must learn of our peaceful ways. By force!
munkefiter

Postby munkefiter » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:59 pm

Hi I never post on these things cause normally I have better things to do.... However I thought it was horrible what comedy central did to this episode.... I was ok with the bleeping of Muhammad's name through the episode though I didn't like it. But when they bleeped All that dialogue at the end... I was like WTF.... I mean seriously if we are going to let terrorists dictate what we can do isn't that handing the victory over to them? Doesn't that encourage them to expand their threats away from just this singular topic? Really I loved everything else about the episode and have nothing but respect for Matt and Trey. I hope they release an uncensored version of this episode.
koisthefish

Postby koisthefish » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:27 am

damn it!!!! i didnt get to see it when it was on tv! and SPS doesnt have it yet?? ahhhh i may not get to see who erics fasha is lol
SouthParkKid1991

Postby SouthParkKid1991 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:31 am

moopderp123 wrote :
> Took me a minute to figure out the muhammed bleeping, but I then I realized
> how genius it really was. Think about it. What other type of words are
> bleeped when SP airs on TV? Quite a bit of bleeping.
>
> Well played Matt and Trey. Very well played.

Noo, they didnt want it to be bleeped!!
ive learned something today...
Lobo_the_main_man

Postby Lobo_the_main_man » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:03 am

Comedy Central giving into terrorist threats is pretty much supporting terrorism. Next maybe they'll demand a few million dollars. Are you going to cave and give them that too Comedy Central?

Viacom is so tough with there copyright BS but cave when a few punk terrorists post a picture. CC and Viacom you make me sick.
Throbert McGee

Postby Throbert McGee » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:18 am

Glad to see that the forums are working again, but it's a bummer that the BBCode has been shut off. Also noticed that one of my posts linking to "Ahmed and Salim" on YouTube has been deleted; I guess that's fair enough because although that cartoon is definitely not anti-Muslim, it can certainly appear that way at a casual glance -- and thus it was kinda poor judgment for me to have linked it in an already volatile thread.

Anyway, off to watch "Crippled Summer" now...

P.S. Has anyone started a discussion about "Everybody Draw Muhammad Day" on 20 May?
I don't mind if people call me a pervert...
...but I'd sooner die than be mistaken for a Democrat!

(-- conservative author Florence King, explaining why she doesn't identify as a "lesbian" even though she enjoys sex with other women)
TheMadHatta

Postby TheMadHatta » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:12 am

Somebody pls let me know what happened. I physically cant sort through all the pages and find out for myself.

I didnt know this episode aired till i looked up the retarded camp episode.
I have a dvr which recorded it and i thought lost that episode.
It did not record any part 2 to the new episode with the mech strisand or what ever it was. And i dont remember the 1st part to the 2 parter episodes.

Will this episode be aired, what did comedy central do, and where could i possibly see it online? Please dont spoil the episode for me unless u have to because it helps explain what happened with comedy central and the episode vanishing.
Thanks
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:34 am

TheMadHatta wrote :
> Somebody pls let me know what happened. I physically cant sort through all
> the pages and find out for myself.
>
> I didnt know this episode aired till i looked up the retarded camp episode.
> I have a dvr which recorded it and i thought lost that episode.
> It did not record any part 2 to the new episode with the mech strisand or
> what ever it was. And i dont remember the 1st part to the 2 parter
> episodes.
>
> Will this episode be aired, what did comedy central do, and where could i
> possibly see it online? Please dont spoil the episode for me unless u have
> to because it helps explain what happened with comedy central and the
> episode vanishing.
> Thanks

Hi. I'm ZZ.

Part I is like any other episode. It plays on SPS for one week, then it is off for a month. It will return here on 5-15-2010. You can record it then :)

As for Part II, the episode player says it will return (as if it ever aired - it only did once at 10:00 PM) on 5-22-2010. Now I have no idea what will be back for Part II on 5-22. Will it be the episode that aired at 10:00 PM? Will it be even more censored? Will it never return? I just don't know.

Perhaps when the season 14 Blu-Ray or regular DVD is released later this year, Part II will be there, uncensored. Who knows? I don't.

But, if you go to Big-Will's website at http://spscriptorium.com right now, he has the scripts (he transcribed them himself 8) ) for both Part I and Part II as they were aired. At least that's something for you to see now. Just practice navigating his site and have fun :)

Hope this info helps :D
Diabeteth

Postby Diabeteth » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:30 am

Hey, guys, someone just sent me this link. :lol: http://www.jesusandmo.net/2010/04/22/bear/

I had no idea this webcomic even existed. Although since they do, I suppose it would make sense that they would notice all the crap that happened as soon as part 1 aired...
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
csg140

Postby csg140 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:39 am

What comedy central did to this episode is ridiculous. The amount of cowardice they display is appalling. The very nature of Matt & Trey's works are to indiscriminately point out everyone's shortcomings. For this episode to be destroyed as it was is a disgrace. Comedy central should lose money over this. Whether from viewership boycotts or other means, there should be repercussions. Sadly most Americans have become far too lazy and complacent to actually stand up for anything. We will all sit idly by and allow them to rape what should have been a legendary episode. Nostalgically, few things could have made these 2 episodes better. Maybe an appearance by starvin marvin or sexual harassment panda.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”