*1406: 201* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

raidpirate52

Re: *1406: 201* Post-Air Discussion

Postby raidpirate52 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:54 am

That episode was really good (all they would really have to do is remove those annoying bleeps) i wish we knew if it was a joke showing how pussies the terrorists are or if it's a joke on the network being pussies.

sorry i actually laughed when Pip died. He hasn't been seen for so long so I think it's best they killed him and come on it was funny.

I have to say i wasn't thinking of Scott Tenorman but as the episode went on I sort of put it together. A little bit of a disappointment but not necessarily a killer.

I noticed they didn't show (besides chef) the City Wok guy and they didn't show Lemmiwinks.

Tom Cruise on the moon with willyx was WIN! :D
SouthParkKicksAss!

Postby SouthParkKicksAss! » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:56 am

Without going into extremely elaborate details, I just wanted to say a few things. Although there were a lot of things I enjoyed & found hilarious in both "200" & "201", the 2 part episode as a whole was absolutely terrible. They couldn't even properly name it. come up with a new & original storyline that encorporated all of the characters (not just most), they added no new information to the South Park world that made any sense whatsoever, made no new points or social commentaries, completely trampled on almost all of the greatest South Park episodes of all time, falsely summed up the entire show as nothing more than a bunch of f*cking one-liners & running jokes that in the past were used to only highlight the episodes main themes. served up sensorship on a silver platter, & will now stand as nothing more than a massive "Where's Waldo" episode of past characters, places, & events from all the other episodes!
dunnep91

We should Stand United .

Postby dunnep91 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:56 am

I do not understand why Comedy Central is being a bunch of bitches. I understand that they are worried about something bad happening because Muhammed was going to be shown but OUR COUNTRY was created so people can speak freely. By them censoring him and the his name it is becoming obvious that the FIRST Ammendment has become lost in translation. If we act afraid and censor Muhammed we are giving in to terrorism. If one thing is not ok to poke fun at, none of it is. What we should do is all stand united and realize free speech is worth whatever retaliation they deem necessary. I would give my life for free speech because that is what I believe in. Whoever feels I am wrong, BLOW ME .
pdfsmail

Postby pdfsmail » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:56 am

I USE CAPS TO STAND OUT FOR ONCE...

THE FACT THAT ANY U.S. CHANNEL, OR THE GOVERNMENT CENSORS ANYTHING TO DO WITH MUHAMMAD SHOWS WEAKNESS.. IT MAKES US LOOK LIKE PUSSS..

WTF... DO U ENJOY MAKING UR PEOPLE LOOK LIKE PUSSSS....????

WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH THIS IS A BREECH OF A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT. pLUS YOU MAKE ME ASHAMED OF MY COUNTRY.
me=a hybrid of Tweek,Butters,Cartman,&Kyle!

GIVING INTO AN EXTREMIST SHOWS WEAKNESS, AND OPENS A DOOR TO FAILURE THIS WILL NOT APPEASE THEIR THREATS.
schming

Postby schming » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:58 am

conradv wrote:Awsome episode. I loved the bleeping....

It was also nice to see "Raisins" again. lol

Who the f*ck loves the bleeping you tool, that destroyed everything.
I heard that Matt & Trey were both threatend, and their addresses were in that threat, but still bleeping just the name muhammad was bullbleep, I hope that was all CC and not them. :santa: Muhammad Muhammad Muhammad :santa:
Last edited by schming on Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
stfunradrew

Comedy Central: Pussing out or being cautious?

Postby stfunradrew » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:58 am

This episode was revolutionary only in the fact that Trey Matt and comedy central didn't make fun of Muhammed because of a threat by an Islamic nut job...They censored every time Muhammad was said and even censored the entire ending "I've learned something today" speech because it talked about Muhammad (I'm guessing) Looks like the old make fun of everything or nothing motto doesn't apply more. It's a shame that damn religious whackos can ruin our lands right to free speech.
If you censor out Muhammad than you've made a distinction about what's okay to poke fun at and what isn't. Either it's all okay, or none of it is.
JOSHSKORN

Postby JOSHSKORN » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:00 am

I'm not buying for a second that Scott Tennorman's dad was also Eric Cartman's dad. There had to have been a coverup going on. I still think it's Mr. Garrison. Scott Tennorman I'm sure made some sort of threat to have the rest of the gingers destroy the town if the townspeople didn't go along with his story.
conradv

Postby conradv » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:01 am

schming wrote:

Tool? lol.
JewPower

Postby JewPower » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:02 am

epccsplayer wrote:And to add my two cents, I am still torn as to whether the bleeping was intentional or not on the part of Matt and Trey. My first instinct was that yes, it was totally intentional and a jab to Comedy Central.

However, at the end of the episode, when Kyle is giving his speech that is bleeped (presumably about how people must be treated equally and without special treatment), I would've thought that Matt and Trey would have left it alone. Maybe let Kyle add in a final word negating his speech, like "... maybe" or "... or not." The fact that Kyle's last moralizing speech makes me wonder whether or not the guys truly bleeped the episode on purpose.

We shall see shortly, I am sure.

I'm pretty sure the bleeping of Muhammad and of Kyle's speech was and intended joke, a sort of middle finger to Comedy Central.
One idication is after the speech, Stan just says "yeah", which helps to convey the joke in a comedic way.
dope_34429

Not a happy day in the land of South Park

Postby dope_34429 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:03 am

however they"ll get figure a way through this abomination of politics and scare tactics. I can't help but think back to the first time they tried to approach this topic in the Cartoon Wars two parter. Everyone (Comedy Central and others) is reacting to the controversy in the same exact fashion. I'm just waiting for trucks to start driving in with sands and shovels. Something I thought I'd point out to others, cause I find it freaking hilarious
nec

Postby nec » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:06 am

I accidently found out the spoilers in the **pre-air** thread. The mods need to keep better track of people posting spoilers there.

I'm definitely going to boycott CC. What a bunch of cowards.

As for the actual episode - Oh man...Very awesome, but I wish that it had been a 3-parter instead of a 2-parter.
JewPower

Postby JewPower » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:08 am

Sonic Man78 wrote:Holy CRAP. What a way for a follow-up episode!

First off, the beginning of the episode threw me off with the whole Saigon bit, but then I realized it was all part of the follow-up.

Second - I LOVED the references to previous episodes in this -- this proves you can creatively elebrate a 100th, 200th, 300th or even 400th episode without it being the traditional flashback episode, which in my honest to God opinion is overdone and overrated.

Third - Seaman and all the semen jokes that followed. I swear, I laughed so hard when he said Swallow, come.

Third - The references to Mecha-Streisand's one weakness being her nose, tying to her duet with Niel Diamond was fricken brilliant. Who else here besides myself thought Trey's impersonation of Diamond was f*cking spot on?? And while we're on the subject on Mecha-Streisand, I loved how she sprayed her victims with her mechanical womanhood, both when she was destroying South Park and when she was on stage.

Fourth - Scott Tenorman: HOLY sh*t. The minute he said Chile Con Carnival, I freaked and said "OH MY GOD, SCOTT TENORMAN!!" What an amazing plot twist is all I can say to how Cartman discovered who his biological father was. Jake Tenorman of the '89 Denver Broncos. Moreso, Cartman being half-brothers with Scott Tenorman was brilliantly played and was better than Cartman's father being Chef/Garrison/Brovlofski/Maphisto.

Fifth - Tom Cruise: At first I thought he was going to be sent to Planet Marklar, but when I saw his corpse next to Willzyx's carcass on the moon, I laughed hysterically and it was overall an awesomely done episode.

Finally, the censorship -- okay, I could have lived without the excess censorship, but I think that was part of the joke, especially with Kyle's speech.

Best episode of the mid-season. I'm thinking this might bring more Cartman and Scott Tenorman episodes in the future. Perhaps a return of the Coon, with Tenorman as the Coon's nemesis.

Ok, I just have to comment on this because I agree with so much of your statement xD
I had the same reaction with the Scott Tenorman scene, as for Tom Cruise, I thought they were gonna send him to Imaginationland
This was an AMAZING episode and it had me mind f*cked in the most wonderful way possible..... =D
<<OMFG>>

Postby <<OMFG>> » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:10 am

I haven't even seen the episode yet because I missed it at 9PM, and McBoogerballs was playing at 11PM... I have to say I'm very dissapointed with Comedy Central as they have taken this way out of proportion. I think its biased that they are fine with showing buddah doing a line of fcking coke, Jesus's graphic killing by Kyle, but now they wont even let Muhammad's name be said? wtf really?
JewPower

Postby JewPower » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:13 am

schming wrote:

I heard that Matt & Trey were both threatend, and their addresses were in that threat, but still bleeping just the name muhammad was bullbleep, I hope that was all CC and not them. :santa: Muhammad Muhammad Muhammad :santa:

I liked the bleeping too, yes it was annoying, but it was funny because they were sticking it to CC
TacoRemix

Postby TacoRemix » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:14 am

wow guys... I really learned something tonight. Don't you see? **************************************************** ********** ***************** ************************ **************** ******************* ************** ************************, That's right kids... *********** ************* ************* ***************** ************************

... yeah

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”