*1406: 201* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

moopderp123

Re: *1406: 201* Post-Air Discussion

Postby moopderp123 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:14 am

stledmonds15 wrote:When you click Play This Episode for Episode 201 from this website, the following message appears:

"We apologize that South Park Studios can not stream Episode 201 at this time.

After we delivered the show, and prior to broadcast, Comedy Central placed numerous additional audio bleeps throughout the episode. We do not have network approval to stream our original version of the show.

We will bring you a version of 201 as soon as we can."

I guess that settles the debate about who inserted all the censoring....

Damn it. Well if that's the case, then I guess my intentional bleeping theory is screwed. Or maybe they anticipated that they would be bleeped, and wrote the episode accordingly. Did they bleep the word muhammed for the entire episode or did they say it early on and then stop doing it? I honestly can't remember. Something is afoot. I need to go read the tale of scrotie mcboogerballs again.

They bleep sh*t and f*ck and start bleeping muhammed? Come on. Isn't that like saying muhammed is now a curse word? And maybe a big FU to those pussies that threatened them, and another FU to CC for caving into those pussies?

They showed tom cruise after he got the goo as if to say,"You are still not safe from being made fun of. We will find a way to insult you even if you don't get it. Screw you and your stupid religion. Go die on the moon idiot."

Anyway, great episode.
JewPower

Re: Comedy Central: Pussing out or being cautious?

Postby JewPower » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:15 am

stfunradrew wrote:This episode was revolutionary only in the fact that Trey Matt and comedy central didn't make fun of Muhammed because of a threat by an Islamic nut job...They censored every time Muhammad was said and even censored the entire ending "I've learned something today" speech because it talked about Muhammad (I'm guessing) Looks like the old make fun of everything or nothing motto doesn't apply more. It's a shame that damn religious whackos can ruin our lands right to free speech.

You're missing the point of the bleeping, it was for the comedic value, both for the speech and for Muhammad, as I said before, sticking it to CC
CrimsonSteel

Postby CrimsonSteel » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:15 am

What an epic episode. I've been watching South Park since I was in the 2nd grade, way back in 1997. So when the show started, I was actually younger than the characters.

But yea, this was one of the most epic episodes they've ever done.

- No one else has mentioned the Pandemic reference yet, the return of the 'shaky camera.' Cool, subtle little nod.

- Mephisto and Kevin rock. Makes me nostalgic for my childhood when they were way more prominent in the show. The boys mentioning "An Elephant Makes Love to a Pig" was great as well.

- Pip! He was my favorite non-main character during season 1 back in '97, and I was one of the few that thought his very own episode was hilarious. (Robot monkeys? XD) Clearly they brought him back only to kill him off for good, which was pretty funny. I thought it was a good move, though I'm a bit sad since Pip was pretty hilarious.

- I thought censoring the word Muhammad was funny, and I assumed it was M&T while watching. I guess that isn't the case, according to the Episode player. Wonder how pissed M&T are gonna be at this whole ordeal. I expect more similar episodes, not necessarily the same storyline or a part 3, but kinda like how "Trapped in the Closet" and "The Return of Chef" were quite connected.

- The big censored speeches at the end of the episode made me think of Kyle's extensive rant at the end of 'Cartman Gets an Anal Probe' immediately. Then, having Jesus and Santa say something was clearly a nod at 'Spirit of Christmas,' especially with Stans head tilt at the end.

- Scott Tenorman was a surprise. I didn't expect to see him until the carnival started to light up. It was, as someone else posted earlier, very epic. His dad being Cartmans dad was a nice twist, and I'm 99.9% sure NO ONE guessed that. I kinda was hoping it'd be Mephisto, but I think thats why they chose the press image they did, they look quite alike in that picture.

- Now that we know who Cartmans father really is, anyone notice he looked like a younger version (when alive in 'Scott Tenorman Must Die') of the original model for Cartmans Father? The one from the deleted scenes in the pilot?

Not that I'm suggesting this was a brilliantly strategical plot element in the making for 12 years or anything...but its a cool coincidence they kinda look similar.

- Tweak was only in the background, but at least he made an appearance. Would've rather heard him talk than his father.

- Super Best Friends are hilarious. I always loved that episode when it first aired, and was pumped to see them return the week after. Moses has always been, in particular, really funny. He should have brought up Macaroni Pictures or something, though.

- Mecha Streisand is badass. She destroyed Country Kitchen Buffet, Casa Bonita AND Raisins. Awesome throwbacks there.

- Love how the mayor acknowledges the number of times the towns been destroyed...39.

- Too much Tom Cruise and Rob Reiner focus in this as well as 200. It was awesome to see all the celebrities return, but they all should have gotten a bit more of speaking roles, as well.

- Mr Hanky, as brief as he was, was quite a treat. Haven't seen him since Red Sleigh Down, right?

Things missing from this episode I would have liked to see, although wasn't expecting:

Ned getting a speaking role, Towelie, Trent Boyett, Dog Poo, Terrance and Philip in a cameo, the Jackovasaurs, Minge and Gary (I know they both died, but a conversation between Minge, Gary, and Mitch Conner would've been epic.) the goth kids, Professor Chaos and General Disarray, Starvin Marvin, and Skeeter, although I'm sure I'm missing some
straightbanana

Postby straightbanana » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:16 am

s*it
p*ss
c*nt
f*ck
c*cks*cker
m*therf*cker
t*ts
m*hamm*d

man, too bad that George Carlin didn't lived to see this
JewPower

Postby JewPower » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:22 am

I hope Pip isn't dead for good, I like innocent little Pip
spedman

Well

Postby spedman » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:23 am

Had to make an account after seeing this episode on C.C. 5 f*cking words

"Thanks a lot Bin Laden...."

P.S.
The terrorists won :(
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:26 am

JewPower wrote:I hope Pip isn't dead for good, I like innocent little Pip

Only Kenny gets that honor. And some formerly dead celebrities.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
moopderp123

Postby moopderp123 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:29 am

straightbanana wrote:s*it
p*ss
c*nt
f*ck
c*cks*cker
m*therf*cker
t*ts
m*hamm*d

man, too bad that George Carlin didn't lived to see this

Nice. Some of these words are interchangeable. When you think of sh*t and piss, think of muhammed.

Speaking of which, I'm going to be efficient and go take a muhammed and a muhammed at the same time.

Ah, that's nice.
m311down1

COMEDY CENTRAL SUCKS BIG SCROTIE MCBOOGERBALLS

Postby m311down1 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:30 am

HOLY F N DOG sh*t. ONE EPISODE. ON F N EPISODE. YOU MEAN TO TELL ME YOU CAN GIVE ME ONE F N EPISODE PVT. CENTRAL. YOU MAKE ME SICK. GET THE F OFF MY TV. PUSSIES
schming

Re: Comedy Central: Pussing out or being cautious?

Postby schming » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:32 am

JewPower wrote:
stfunradrew wrote:This episode was revolutionary only in the fact that Trey Matt and comedy central didn't make fun of Muhammed because of a threat by an Islamic nut job...They censored every time Muhammad was said and even censored the entire ending "I've learned something today" speech because it talked about Muhammad (I'm guessing) Looks like the old make fun of everything or nothing motto doesn't apply more. It's a shame that damn religious whackos can ruin our lands right to free speech.

You're missing the point of the bleeping, it was for the comedic value, both for the speech and for Muhammad, as I said before, sticking it to CC

NO NO NO, you are the only one getting f*cked. There is no joke in bleeping, if you like getting f'd in the a so much move to san francisco.
gigarath

Postby gigarath » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:36 am

WTF?! Why won't CC allow 201 to be posted on SPS? I mean for sh*t, even post the censored version until you get the uncensored version up. But to not even post it on the web site?! DA f*ck?!
JewPower

Re: COMEDY CENTRAL SUCKS BIG SCROTIE MCBOOGERBALLS

Postby JewPower » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:36 am

m311down1 wrote:HOLY F N DOG sh*t. ONE EPISODE. ON F N EPISODE. YOU MEAN TO TELL ME YOU CAN GIVE ME ONE F N EPISODE PVT. CENTRAL. YOU MAKE ME SICK. GET THE F OFF MY TV. PUSSIES

I think changing the channel would be easier than making Comedy Central leave your cable box ;D
epccsplayer

Postby epccsplayer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:38 am

gigarath wrote:WTF?! Why won't CC allow 201 to be posted on SPS? I mean for sh*t, even post the censored version until you get the uncensored version up. But to not even post it on the web site?! DA f*ck?!

They won't. They didn't even allow it to be re-broadcast @ 12 like they usually do.

I'm pretty sure the only reason they broadcast the episode in the first place is because of the contractual obligation they have with Matt and Trey.
licandres

Postby licandres » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:40 am

we didn´t see satan and sadam right?
gigarath

Postby gigarath » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:41 am

gigarath wrote:WTF?! Why won't CC allow 201 to be posted on SPS? I mean for sh*t, even post the censored version until you get the uncensored version up. But to not even post it on the web site?! DA f*ck?!

What the hell?! Why does SPS STILL censor freaking curse words? What ever happened to freedom of speech?

Political Correctness, Cities banning guns, Universal Healthcare, South Park getting censored.

I am seriously frightened about how this world is being run.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”