*1406: 201* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

argyle

Re: *1406: 201* Post-Air Discussion

Postby argyle » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:38 am

moopderp123 wrote:
SouthProRandy wrote:The bleeping... Was a metaphor for their message being censured obviously. Too bad M&T lost the fight...
In a way, we all lost a fight for freedom of speech in America and succumbed to Terrorism. Sad say.
However, the image of dead Tom Cruise on the moon kinda made me feel better :D

Trust me, they did not lose the fight. They won big time against comedy central and those buttholes who threatened them. You just have to think about it . Am I reading into something that isn't there lol? Maybe, but Trey and Matt aren't pussies and I think they found a way to jab comedy central and a certain religious group that's made up of completely irrational morons. Look more closlier.

i'm kind of shocked that it's going over ppls heads, i thought south park fans had a good grasp on this type of shiat.
JewPower

Postby JewPower » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:39 am

bsj2312 wrote:F Comedy Central! I'm downloading the episode from Pirate Bay. That is complete BS they are not re-airing it. What gives? It can't be a mistake. Someone deliberately pulled it.

Can't it be a mistake? I don't really know much about this air time/single air flop you guys are talking about, it aired twice for me...
Gthree

Postby Gthree » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:41 am

You know at first I thought this was the same joke they played when they delayed part 2 of "Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut." But no, they definitely did not re-air ep 201. f*ck. I'm in CST watching on Comcast. I'm sure it's the same everywhere else. I'm so pissed, I always watch the re-aired episode because I don't get home from work in time to make the original broadcast. Instead they air Scrotie Mcboogerballs.
JewPower

Postby JewPower » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:45 am

Gthree wrote:You know at first I thought this was the same joke they played when they delayed part 2 of "Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut." But no, they definitely did not re-air ep 201. f*ck. I'm in CST watching on Comcast. I'm sure it's the same everywhere else. I'm so pissed, I always watch the re-aired episode because I don't get home from work in time to make the original broadcast. Instead they air Scrotie Mcboogerballs.

I'm confused, It recorded both times for me on DicecTV, unless the 2nd ep of 201 I didn't watch was Boogerballs....
But why would Comedy Central pull the 2nd airing?
IHateCelebritiesToo

Postby IHateCelebritiesToo » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:47 am

I got news for you folks... This episode, and especially the decision to not re-air it, is going to be a big, big deal. The next couple days is going to bring a firestorm of media attention.

Matt and Trey are the only people with balls left in Hollywood.
JewPower

Postby JewPower » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:50 am

IHateCelebritiesToo wrote:I got news for you folks... This episode, and especially the decision to not re-air it, is going to be a big, big deal. The next couple days is going to bring a firestorm of media attention.

Matt and Trey are the only people with balls left in Hollywood.

I must be out of the loop because I don't understand why they pulled the 2nd airing....
ragekage

Postby ragekage » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:50 am

The episodes have been late being posted to the website for the last couple of weeks. It's not just this episode. Just watch it in the morning.
JewPower

Postby JewPower » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:52 am

Son of a bitch, my replies aren't being posted.....

Can someone tell me why they pulled the 2nd airing? I don't understand why they would pull it?
moopderp123

Postby moopderp123 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:54 am

argyle wrote:
moopderp123 wrote:
SouthProRandy wrote:The bleeping... Was a metaphor for their message being censured obviously. Too bad M&T lost the fight...
In a way, we all lost a fight for freedom of speech in America and succumbed to Terrorism. Sad say.
However, the image of dead Tom Cruise on the moon kinda made me feel better :D

Trust me, they did not lose the fight. They won big time against comedy central and those buttholes who threatened them. You just have to think about it . Am I reading into something that isn't there lol? Maybe, but Trey and Matt aren't pussies and I think they found a way to jab comedy central and a certain religious group that's made up of completely irrational morons. Look more closlier.

i'm kind of shocked that it's going over ppls heads, i thought south park fans had a good grasp on this type of shiat.

Yeah, me too. I admit it took me about 15 minutes after watching it to figure out the bleeping thing though. Perfect, absolutely perfect. Some people are too dumb to realize when and how they're being insulted. And that is why SP rocks.
JewPower

Postby JewPower » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:58 am

First off, sorry if anyone sees a post similar to this several times throughout the thread, my replies aren't being posted

I must be out of the loop because I don't understand why they would pull the 2nd airing of 201
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:03 am

I'm approving them as I see them.

I'm guessing CC wants to stay as far away from Muhammad as technologically possible.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
digthatfunk

Postby digthatfunk » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:04 am

digthatfunk wrote:Oh, everyone pissed at Comedy Central for this bitch move they pulled on the re-airing, go to this link: http://www.comedycentral.com/help/questionsCC.jhtml and write an e-mail/comment to them, voicing your displeasure. Try not to be a troll, either, as the more people that write in sincerely and coherently, the more likely they'll be to take us seriously.

I know this is pretty shameless to bump my own post but I know its gotten buried already in posts. I really feel like if enough people write in they'll get the idea of just how f*cked they might be if they don't right this wrong.
StansAbortedBrother

Postby StansAbortedBrother » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:05 am

Although the episode was great (minus all the censorship) I will be the first one to honostly say that I wish cartmens father would have been someone else. I was really shooting for something wild like Kevin or Mr.Hat

Although it's a shocker now and mildly appealing I think it could have been much much funnier being someone else.

All in all a good episode and I hope they deal with CC about there "Issues".
Gensuii

Postby Gensuii » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:05 am

JewPower wrote:First off, sorry if anyone sees a post similar to this several times throughout the thread, my replies aren't being posted

I must be out of the loop because I don't understand why they would pull the 2nd airing of 201

They already got threatened by extremists, they obviously must have received additional threats to cause them to pull the reairing...
mazamataz

Re: *1406: 201* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby mazamataz » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:09 am

bhazzy34 wrote:
mazamataz wrote:
BUT HOLY sh*t. THE KILLING JOKE.

Can anyone refresh my memory on the killing joke? mazamataz, are you referring to the Scott Tenorman part?

Yep. Dude, it was pretty much scene by scene copies of the comic book, when the Joker's making Commissioner Gordon ride that weird carnival dark ride. I'm just glad Scott didn't show Cartman mutilated naked pictures of his mom or anything... :lol:

Okay. Wow. That was a pretty amazing episode. I nearly died the entire time, but I really didn't want to know who Cartman's dad was. But will this knowledge further his deep psychological trauma to a new height? Was there deep philosophical meaning in the censoring of Muhammad's name and, nay, censoring of the moral ending? Did Trey and Matt pussy out b—

Oh, f*ck, wait, I forgot, this is a cartoon. :roll: You can have your morals and deep character development, sure, but I like how this episode turned out: not too serious about itself and celebrating South Park's surreal insanity. Then again, I'm curious what they're going to do next. I'm just gonna wait in hopeful anticipation and watch everything else unfold.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”