*1406: 201* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

IHateCelebritiesToo

Re: *1406: 201* Post-Air Discussion

Postby IHateCelebritiesToo » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:11 am

JewPower wrote:First off, sorry if anyone sees a post similar to this several times throughout the thread, my replies aren't being posted

I must be out of the loop because I don't understand why they would pull the 2nd airing of 201

Matt and Trey were "threatened" by another douchbag islamic-fundamentalist. This douche happens to have went to George Mason Univeristy near DC and lives in Virginia. And American Citizen. But because of the Danish Cartoon controversey, it's impossible to air anything relating to "The Prophet".

We all know what Matt and Trey stand for, and that's not giving in to censorship. Their motto through 13 years has always been "It's either all okay, or none of it is". They weren't going to back down to a death threat, and they didn't.

Comedy Central simply bleeped/censored every part that either showed or referenced Mohammed. (This can be debatable, as many people will speculate that it was a ploy from Trey and Matt that used it as part of the storyline, but I doubt it. There was real words and pictures being censored. Comedy Central Pussed out. again)... Nobody can exactly speculate as to WHY it was pulled, but it obviously has to do with sensitivity to the Muslim relgion and their fundamentalist view on depicting "The Prophet".

Trey and Matt are absolute geniuses. If I know them like I think I do, they're pissed off right now. They're happy they did the episode they wanted, but they can not be happy that their episode was so censored that it got pulled on the later airings.
DukeWilson

Postby DukeWilson » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:13 am

no 12:00 repeat? what's up with that?
I have been watching South Park since the first episode, never missed a single one. If i didn't catch the first airing i made sure i didn't miss the midnight repeat.
Comedy Central has been advertising this episode all week and then they pull it? And from the looks of the season this far I have to wait a month to watch it on SPS. "Due to pre-existing Contractual Obligations, we cannot stream this episode until" 05.22.10?

So, Matt and Trey, if you listening I'm done with Comedy Central and I won't be watching or supporting South Park in anyway until you move to a network that doesn't engage in false advertising and does believe in free speech
OR
until you can put an episode online the night it airs or the day after (that's when ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX has their episodes online).

It's been a great 14 year run and I hope to see you again

P.S. - THE TERRORISTS WON
Micky2727

Postby Micky2727 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:16 am

What happened to the rerun of the new episode at midnight????
kengc

Postby kengc » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:17 am

M&T should have snuck mohammad in the background somewhere like they do with the grey alien, there were so many characters in some of the shots they could have pulled it off.
digthatfunk

Postby digthatfunk » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:18 am

again, guys, go write Comedy Central here if you feel that strongly: http://www.comedycentral.com/help/questionsCC.jhtml
JewPower

Postby JewPower » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:22 am

DukeWilson wrote:no 12:00 repeat? what's up with that?
I have been watching South Park since the first episode, never missed a single one. If i didn't catch the first airing i made sure i didn't miss the midnight repeat.
Comedy Central has been advertising this episode all week and then they pull it? And from the looks of the season this far I have to wait a month to watch it on SPS. "Due to pre-existing Contractual Obligations, we cannot stream this episode until" 05.22.10?

So, Matt and Trey, if you listening I'm done with Comedy Central and I won't be watching or supporting South Park in anyway until you move to a network that doesn't engage in false advertising and does believe in free speech
OR
until you can put an episode online the night it airs or the day after (that's when ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX has their episodes online).

I don't think you should be so pessimistic about his event, don't think poorly of Matt and Trey because of the douche bags at Comedy Central, I'm sure Matt and Trey are just as pissed as you, and if they are they sure as hell won't let this issue end here.
Lobo_the_main_man

Postby Lobo_the_main_man » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:23 am

The episode was apparently pulled due to MORE terrorist threats
JewPower

Postby JewPower » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:23 am

kengc wrote:M&T should have snuck mohammad in the background somewhere like they do with the grey alien, there were so many characters in some of the shots they could have pulled it off.

lol, that's genius, I agree! xD
IHateCelebritiesToo

Postby IHateCelebritiesToo » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:26 am

OR

If you honestly feel that way, then good riddance. Matt and Trey aren't leaving Comedy Central. Contractually, they can't. And if you could do you really think their is another network out their that can push the envelope even more? Hell no. Give me a break.

I will always support this show. It's the best thing going on tv, even with bleeps.
cldm

Postby cldm » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:29 am

I was just re-watching the episode with the closed captioning on and it is weird. At the beginning of the episode, they do type Muhammed whenever they reference him, but later on they just use (beep) like they do whenever there is foul language. Not sure what that means in regards to the censorship issue.

Also, the ending where everyone makes their "moral speech" is just read as (beep).
Turambar007

Postby Turambar007 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:30 am

:cartmansopissedrightnow: I am so f*cking pissed about this. I work evenings and so I have to DVR the new episodes. My DVR missed it because it wasn't marked as "new" on the channel guide. Not sure if that's Comedy Central's fault, or my cable provider, although I've had similar problems on other channels.

So I figure, ok, no big deal, just wait two hours for the re-airing. But as we all know now, it didn't happen, presumably because Comedy Central has less of a spine than a f*cking jellyfish. I haven't read through too many posts on here, only because I don't want to see spoilers (already got one or two).

Here's what I find amusing: the fans are now angrier than the jihadists! And there are a lot more of us! :cartmansopissedrightnow:

I can't WAIT until this episode is avaible online uncensored. Trey and Matt, if you read this, know that I f*cking love you guys, I'm your biggest fan, and being in a live production of Cannibal the Musical was the highlight of my theatre career. Comedy Central, you just pissed off your fan base, go f*ck yourselves.
ElRoi

Postby ElRoi » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:36 am

I would imagine that this is why "201" was not rebroadcast at midnight and replaced with "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs."

Muslim group issues warning to ‘South Park’
Site posted photo of murdered filmmaker, details about mansion

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36696093/ns ... elevision/
JewPower

Postby JewPower » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:37 am

IHateCelebritiesToo wrote:

OR

If you honestly feel that way, then good riddance. Matt and Trey aren't leaving Comedy Central. Contractually, they can't. And if you could do you really think their is another network out their that can push the envelope even more? Hell no. Give me a break.

I will always support this show. It's the best thing going on tv, even with bleeps.

Amen!!!
moopderp123

Postby moopderp123 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:37 am

OR

Dude, you are completely missing the point. Yes CC pussed out by not re-airing the episode. Whoopty doo. We've seen this before. Does Trapped in the Closet ring a bell?

The bleeping was totally intentional and the terrorists did not win.

I'm telling you, Matt and Trey bitch slapped both CC and islamic extremism in a truly awesome way. They used CC's pussiness and islamic extremism's stupid ignorance against them.

Fortunately, islamic extremists are basically a bunch of ignorant inbred dipshits, so they probably won't be able to figure out the joke. Thank God for stupid people.
Lobo_the_main_man

Postby Lobo_the_main_man » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:39 am

IHateCelebritiesToo wrote:

OR

Uhh, Matt and Trey were already about to leave the show after the Scientology episode was pulled. Had it not been reared then South Park would have been done. If Matt & Trey are pushed they will quit.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”