*1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

stfunradrew

Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Postby stfunradrew » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:42 am

ajjr1228 wrote :
> I am tired of South Park making fun of the Jews, I for one will not stand
> and let this go unnoticed. I will be protesting (unlike the muslims who
> just want to kill anyone saying bad about islam) in Boston, MA this
> Saturday at 12PM at the Church of Scientology Boston.
>
> JEWS UNITE! because the muslims get butthurt over a tv animated show of
> muhammad.

Ugh, it has already begun...Kyle knew everyone, Kyle knew..."Pulling an episode because somebody is offended starts a chain reaction. You'll have to pull more and more episodes until the show goes off the air completely. It's what happened to Laverne and Shirley." -Kyle
If you censor out Muhammad than you've made a distinction about what's okay to poke fun at and what isn't. Either it's all okay, or none of it is.
Stanlee

Postby Stanlee » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:45 am

I can't believe how many people are saying this episode sucked. I thought it was hilarious. The Intervention angle was fantastic. Do any of you actually watch Intervention? Well I do. I love watching all the trainwreck crackheads, methheads, heroin addicts, huffers, etc. living their f**ked up lives. M&T obviously watch that show because they did a perfect job parodying it right down to the music. Towelie sucking d*ick for drug money and the scene in the car with the duster. They nailed that freakshow duster can huffer chick perfectly. "I feel like I'm walking on sunshine." Hahaha loved it!!!!

The fact that towelie was such a central character was awesome. Towelie doesn't get enough screen time and it was so great to get a towelie episode. The part about him having a girlfriend and a little baby washcloth was funny as hell.

The Nathan and Mimsy relationship modeled after Rocky and Mugsy was also good for a chuckle, the intelligent leader and the moronic sidekick who always screws up, well that's fairly reliable comedic gold and it definitely worked here. Sure it was sort of predictable but whatever it was still funny.

Nathan's shark rape holy sh*t I was laughing my ass off!!! the best was at the end when everything happened to him at once, getting raped by the shark when he had all those indian arrows sticking out of him. I mean they really abused the hell of of Nathan in this episode and that was great.

As far as any complaints about it not being more focused on the whole freedom of speech controversy, after the last two plot heavy and just plain heavy episodes 200 and 201, I was glad to be done with all that crap and just laugh again. All the Mohammed controversy, the freedom of speech issues, the muslim death threats, it was so refreshing to put all of that bullsh*t behind us and laugh at some retards for a change.

And just as a footnote if you guys want to see a really messed up old Loony Toons cartoon, get on Limewire and download "Coal Black an de Sebben Dwarfs." It's one of the most blatantly racist and offensive things I have ever seen. They also did some stuff that was really racist towards the Japanese during WWII but I don't have any exact titles for you there.
Lobo_the_main_man

Postby Lobo_the_main_man » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:46 am

This will go down as one of the worst South Park episodes undoubtedly. But this season has still been great so far. Matt & Trey are entitled to some stinkers now and then. They are also more then likely burned out from 200 & 201.
steelspine

Postby steelspine » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:48 am

This episode was a lot funnier than I thought it would be, the Looney tunes homage was great as were the intervention portions of the story. 8/10
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words ... words might hurt me deeply, causing great emotional, mental, and psychological damage leading to a lowered self-esteem and decreased work-related efficiency."
-- Anonymous
MountainTrash

Postby MountainTrash » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:55 am

Hah! The duster ho is the best ep of Intervention ever. Check it out if you've never seen it. The whole camp thing was boring. Towelie is always the man! However I had hoped they would keep him on weed. A intervention for pot smoking would be alot funnier I think. At the end restorestephenbaldwin.org is flashed. Be sure to check that our for one hell of a laugh.
acispades

Postby acispades » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:59 am

ajjr1228 wrote :
> I am tired of South Park making fun of the Jews, I for one will not stand
> and let this go unnoticed. I will be protesting (unlike the muslims who
> just want to kill anyone saying bad about islam) in Boston, MA this
> Saturday at 12PM at the Church of Scientology Boston.
>
> JEWS UNITE! because the muslims get butthurt over a tv animated show of
> muhammad.

I AM ALSO TIRED OF THEM MAKING FUN OF TOWELS! THEY ARE SUPER ABSORBENT AND WOULD NEVER SUCK ON SOME OLD DUDE'S PENIS FOR MONIES. MY ADOPTIVE PARENTS ARE TOWELS AND THEY ARE THE BEST. THEY ARE VERY COMFORTABLE AND WILL DRY MY TEARS WHEN IM ON MY PERIOD AND SUCH. GOOD DAY.
byte19

Postby byte19 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:06 am

it's official... those of us who have been here longer love the show... then there are those who just joined... only to show their displeasure of the whole thing.

*shakes head* noobs.
now that's what i call a stickey situation!!

https://www.facebook.com/TheRascalTheory.trt/
byte19

Postby byte19 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:07 am

acispades wrote :
> ajjr1228 wrote :
> > I am tired of South Park making fun of the Jews, I for one will not stand
> > and let this go unnoticed. I will be protesting (unlike the muslims who
> > just want to kill anyone saying bad about islam) in Boston, MA this
> > Saturday at 12PM at the Church of Scientology Boston.
> >
> > JEWS UNITE! because the muslims get butthurt over a tv animated show of
> > muhammad.
>
> I AM ALSO TIRED OF THEM MAKING FUN OF TOWELS! THEY ARE SUPER ABSORBENT AND WOULD
> NEVER SUCK ON SOME OLD DUDE'S PENIS FOR MONIES. MY ADOPTIVE PARENTS ARE TOWELS AND
> THEY ARE THE BEST. THEY ARE VERY COMFORTABLE AND WILL DRY MY TEARS WHEN IM ON MY
> PERIOD AND SUCH. GOOD DAY.
*hits ground laughing*
now that's what i call a stickey situation!!

https://www.facebook.com/TheRascalTheory.trt/
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:10 am

This episode made me laugh. That's what cartoons are supposed to do :)

And the only current event (as has been the norm in recent episodes) was that it's Summer Time and time for summer camp! (Even though it's only April 28 and Summer doesn't start until June 21). But it's summer vacation for the staff of South Park Studios (not the BBS; I mean where they actually make the show). No more episodes for 6 months. So they made a Summer show. 8)
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:16 am

acispades wrote :
> ajjr1228 wrote :
> > I am tired of South Park making fun of the Jews, I for one will not stand
> > and let this go unnoticed. I will be protesting (unlike the muslims who
> > just want to kill anyone saying bad about islam) in Boston, MA this
> > Saturday at 12PM at the Church of Scientology Boston.
> >
> > JEWS UNITE! because the muslims get butthurt over a tv animated show of
> > muhammad.
>
> I AM ALSO TIRED OF THEM MAKING FUN OF TOWELS! THEY ARE SUPER ABSORBENT AND WOULD
> NEVER SUCK ON SOME OLD DUDE'S PENIS FOR MONIES. MY ADOPTIVE PARENTS ARE TOWELS AND
> THEY ARE THE BEST. THEY ARE VERY COMFORTABLE AND WILL DRY MY TEARS WHEN IM ON MY
> PERIOD AND SUCH. GOOD DAY.

You two just made me laugh more than I did during the entire episode. Kudos to you guys.
towelye420

Postby towelye420 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:30 am

my only problem truly with the episode, cause i personally didnt mind the episode at all, i actually would say id enjoy it if their was a different ending...

but im sorry i just have to say, towelie or towelye or whatever, but he is the stoner, hes the one always sneakin off to go get high, which was hilarious. the episode with him smoking and running all around doing crazy things with the boys to get their video game system was truly one of my favorites.

and the fact that at the end even after sobriety, he doesn't' smoke?? i mean im sorry all the other stuff i believe could of been dropped, but thats a part of towelie god damnit!!! its him, and i would of much prefered him sitting on that bench saying how sobriety and everything was amazing, then pulling a joint out and saying "wanna get high??" with a looney toons ending to fit in the episode... i mean come on thats just classic towelie and i just am personally sad that this is the road hes going on...

towelie, however much we all wanted you to change, doesn't mean that bud is a bad thing, get a card or something, but i hope that he makes a come back in the future, or all those times before will just be forgotten buddy...
towelye420

Postby towelye420 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:32 am

byte19 wrote :
> acispades wrote :
> > ajjr1228 wrote :
> > > I am tired of South Park making fun of the Jews, I for one will not stand
> > > and let this go unnoticed. I will be protesting (unlike the muslims who
> > > just want to kill anyone saying bad about islam) in Boston, MA this
> > > Saturday at 12PM at the Church of Scientology Boston.
> > >
> > > JEWS UNITE! because the muslims get butthurt over a tv animated show of
> > > muhammad.
> >
> > I AM ALSO TIRED OF THEM MAKING FUN OF TOWELS! THEY ARE SUPER ABSORBENT AND WOULD
> > NEVER SUCK ON SOME OLD DUDE'S PENIS FOR MONIES. MY ADOPTIVE PARENTS ARE TOWELS
> AND
> > THEY ARE THE BEST. THEY ARE VERY COMFORTABLE AND WILL DRY MY TEARS WHEN IM ON MY
> > PERIOD AND SUCH. GOOD DAY.
> *hits ground laughing*

thank you for someone standing up for the towels!!!! damn straight!
krumtheslow

Postby krumtheslow » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:43 am

You guys at southpark could make so much money if you were selling the "I hate Towlie" shirt you had in the original Towlie episode. I hated that guy since that first episode he was in.
farswept

Postby farswept » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:53 am

Dick Dale!!! Sweet, my favorite!
Damn, dude, China is f^cked-up!
I love you guys . . . (aw, screw you guys.)
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:56 am

First, I can't resist: "Don't forget to bring a towel :D "

Next, this is what I didn't like too much: To many signs to read in between scenes. In the days of silent movies, OK, but even then there wasn't so much to read.

In this episode tonight, I actually got a headache in my eyes trying to read so much. On the episode player, I had to pause it so I could read everything there was to read. The parody of Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodie cartoons were great; just too much to read. Too much to read.

Other than that, I loved the episode!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”