*1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

MONGORIANTROJANHORSE

Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Postby MONGORIANTROJANHORSE » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:59 pm

I think you really need to understand what Matt and Trey were trying to say to understand the episode. Clearly a majority of us are a bit incompetent. Oh well.

>reyknow; "I DONT GET IT!"

Exactly.

I thought the episode was great, got a decent amount of laughs out of it. The message was a bit unclear, though.
poonagehiro

Postby poonagehiro » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:59 pm

Best episode ever?
FreeQuebec86

Postby FreeQuebec86 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:11 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote :
> FreeQuebec86 wrote :
> >
> >
> > This is the site at the end !!!
> >
> >
> > Lol, look WEIRD. Stephen Baldwin is asking MONEY from all christians in the
> > world.
> >
> >
> > I dont get it ? xD What the link with between Buzz Towel and that lol.
> >
> >
> > And for people that talk about the link between last episode and this one,
> > i dont see really why. The shark joke is not that much hardcore xD
> >
> > and yeah my english suck !
>
>
> Not sure what else to say about the episode except that I liked it..Liked seeing
> Towelie again after all these years, and I liked Jimmy's song.
>
> Thanks for posting that link. I thought the website was just a joke when I watched
> the show..Wow..It is a real thing? That douche bag Stephen Baldwin is actually asking
> for money for being a Christian? That is a bunch of bullsh*t..I don't hate
> Christians, but due to the fact that some of them don't really respect my beliefs,
> disrespect people who aren't straight, and have the tendency to ram their beliefs
> down everyone's throat, I am not giving any of their causes a damn penny. And I
> wouldn't even pay money to see Stephen Baldwin in a movie, infact the only movie I
> can recall of his that I liked was 1994's Threesome. You know, the one where he, his
> gay college roommate, and their female friend end up f*cking eachother? Such a good
> wholesome Christian movie..LOL..I seem to remember Baldwin's character being a douche
> bag, and if he is willing to beg for money on that site, from people who are probably
> alot poor than him, well maybe he isn't such a good actor because he is a real douche
> bag.

Lol, yah REALLY WEIRD website !

They even got a : Q/A space xD with question like :

Why does his family dont help him and give him money ?
A - They does't care about his problems

( or something like that xD )

LETS RESTORE STEPHEN BALDWIN PEOPLLLE WOOOOTT ! xD

( i loved Biodome movie when i was kid xD )

http://www.restorestephenbaldwin.org/ GO CHECK THE Q/A section ! PRICELESS

Let's get in this restoration xD lolllllllll
Pennington

Postby Pennington » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:31 pm

Surprised at some of the negative reactions to this episode. I don't think every South Park needs to be a biting social commentary; sometimes the point can simply be being funny, and in that regard, I think this was one of the strongest of the season.

Towelie was pretty awesomely pathetic. "Anybody want their dick sucked?!"
celawi

Postby celawi » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:41 pm

I might be wrong, but I'm thinking of the term "Jumping a shark", only suggested in M&T style. Maybe they're trying to say that with all the censorship they are not able to work, the Looney Tunes theme just wrapped around the point of the episode. The shark raping a boy just has to be related to the term, it would be too much coincidence if it wasn't
fmontesdeoca

Postby fmontesdeoca » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:46 pm

another boring towelie episode, but at least it has more relevance that the whole crippled story.
okay, there where good moments, like towelie sucking cock for money, and cartman reading about kile.
Pennington

Postby Pennington » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:49 pm

I'm not convinced that the Looney Tunes theme was a commentary on anything. I think it's just hilarious how well it works to apply Looney Tunes personalities to a group of disabled kids.
agustina0407

Postby agustina0407 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:51 pm

Throbert McGee wrote :
> I'm going to assume that everybody in the thread griping about how unfunny
> Looney Tunes were is under 25 and grew up on Pokemon and similar anime crap
> -- the poor kids!

Well, you're right! I'm 20, grew up watching Pokemon, and I've never been a fan of the Looney Tunes :lol:

So, this episode was ok to me, I didn't hate it, I don't think this is the worst episode, or that they made it bad on purpose... I just didn't love it as much as the last 3.
I've never watched "Intervention" either, so that's another reason why I didn't laugh as much, I guess...

But it was a good end for an awesome half-season of South Park, I hope the next one is as good as this one or better!
I can't wait until october!! :)
South Park es lo más! ♥
MrSmee

Postby MrSmee » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:55 pm

As an absoulutely huge Looney Tunes fan, I loved this episode with an absolute passion. So many references! I understand this episode will not be liked by many because Towelie is a 'love him or hate him' character, but I basically ignored him and concentrated on the Merrie Melodies bits. Again, many people used to South Park's satirical edge will not appreciate a return to the 'old-school' style of cartoons, but what better contrast could there be to last week's episode? I want Mimsy to be a regular now (Maybe he'll fill the sad void left in my heart by Pip's passing ) :timmy:
Loved it, 9.5/10
YEYiGO

Postby YEYiGO » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:00 pm

i thought this one was pretty funny... towlie was in it.. the duster sh*t had me laughin from that woman sh*t walkin on sunshine lol... and the fat kid and other kid reminded me of pinky and the brain, i think thats what they was goin for.. i dont kno.. funny episode tho
Pennington

Postby Pennington » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Also a huge Looney Tunes fan, thus, I was pretty delighted.

I've never liked Towelie, but given that he's "the worst character ever", I figure I'd have 0 friends if I did. :wink: I love to watch him suck.

Edit: This is going to sound super fanboy-ish, but Towelie's son reminded me of the computer cloth from the South Park Kit.
Biscuits

Postby Biscuits » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:22 pm

caspianrex wrote :
> This episode was--dare I say it?--retarded. I mean, I like a good Warner
> Bros. parody as much as the next guy, but this was almost 100% lame.
> There was so little funny material in this one, I can barely believe it.
>
> I'm getting the sense from this Forum, though, that there are two kinds of
> SP fans: the kind who like clever, thoughtful episodes, and the kind who
> like them to be absolutely as over-the-top as possible. I am in the former
> group, and so I did not enjoy this episode. The folks in the latter group
> say, "Awesome! A shark humping a retarded kid! South Park
> rules!" And never the twain shall meet...

I don’t like the kind of episodes that are just over-the-top , but I loved this one. I actually thought this was the least over the top episode this season so far.. it didn’t have them traveling around the world talking to celebrities, bouncing around on their balls or fighting mecha streisands or anything, it was just regular South Park. I didn’t think the shark humping part was really that outrageous either. But the parts with Towelie (and I’m not even a Towelie fan) were just too funny. I guess I just liked the Towelie part most.
cldm

Postby cldm » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:25 pm

I am a person that loved this episode, and I think that some people don't like it because this was an episode that was targeted for an older demographic.

I am a Millenial but I think that a lot of people in my generation and younger don't completely understand or appreciate the history of comedy. I am talking about classic comedy acts like the Marx Brothers, Abbott and Costelo, the Three Stooges, Laurel and Hardy, Burns and Allen, etc. You can also add Looney Tunes cartoons into the mix.

Looney Tunes cartoons have stood the test of time because they appeal to younger viewers and at the same time throw in some jokes that adults will find humorous as well. Over time, those young viewers turn into adults and can then enjoy the adult-oriented comedy that they missed before.

Relating the handicap kids to Looney Tunes cartoons is brillant because it softens any kind of negative reaction that someone might have to say a scene with a handicap kid getting raped by a shark. If the episode didn't have this association, then a scene with a handicap kid getting raped by a shark would be a bit distasteful. But it is kind of funny when put into a "Looney Tunes"-type plot.

And the Intervention plot was also well done. Yes, the title cards were a bit annoying, but I think that is also the case on the actual Intervention show. And whether you love him or hate him, Towelie was the perfect character to give an intervention to.
Pennington

Postby Pennington » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:27 pm

Word.
Tonyjh34

Postby Tonyjh34 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:33 pm

This was hilarious especially when I usually watch Intervention. Also some of the things happening at the camp were predictable but I think that was the point. Along with the Intervention break ins.

I was happy to see Timmeh.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”