*1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

annoyingDookie

Crippled Summer sucks

Postby annoyingDookie » Sun May 30, 2010 10:29 pm

ow this one was bad..
TrickyOne

Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Postby TrickyOne » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:15 pm

Blandish wrote:"We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it."

I was expecting to see a direct stab at Comedy Central. Possibly something to get SP kicked from cable so they were able to go full webisodes and 100% uncensored.

Instead, they take a stab at the viewers in an attempt to do what? Get us mad at Comedy Central? Nice way to alienate the followers.

I agree, the fans got punished with this episode for what CC did to them with 201. This is analogous to Anderson Silva's performance at UFC113 where he punished the fans for his frustration at the UFC. I hope M&T plan out the rest of the season well and at least make a quality episode if they want to show their frustration at CC. Hopefully they only threw together Crippled Summer b/c they didn't have time to fully formulate a well-written critique of CC in time for 202.
IslandAdventure

Postby IslandAdventure » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:33 pm

I liked most of the Intervention stuff, but I don't think the Nathan and Mimsy bits really came off; Looney Tune cartoons were seven straight minutes, that kind of humpur doesn't have the same effect or work as a homage/parody scattered over the course of twenty-two minutes
Kornopolous

Postby Kornopolous » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:56 am

TrickyOne wrote:
Blandish wrote:"We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it."

I was expecting to see a direct stab at Comedy Central. Possibly something to get SP kicked from cable so they were able to go full webisodes and 100% uncensored.

Instead, they take a stab at the viewers in an attempt to do what? Get us mad at Comedy Central? Nice way to alienate the followers.

I agree, the fans got punished with this episode for what CC did to them with 201. This is analogous to Anderson Silva's performance at UFC113 where he punished the fans for his frustration at the UFC. I hope M&T plan out the rest of the season well and at least make a quality episode if they want to show their frustration at CC. Hopefully they only threw together Crippled Summer b/c they didn't have time to fully formulate a well-written critique of CC in time for 202.

From what I gather, I think Trey and Matt wrote it with a purpose to piss off fans - this was an episode solely for the Comedy central ex's.. not for the fans. Ya'll should be directing your anger at a small group of people who do nothing but sit on their asses collecting money and making "decisions". Not writing or producing, but just sitting on their asses all day collecting huge salaries.

though, if you really think South Park is that lame, you always have the option to use the off button and use construction paper cut outs to make your own animation show.
stupidgiant

i loved you

Postby stupidgiant » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:14 am

but you have totally sold out. if you give a sh*t about this show at all you should brake your contract with the t.v. network and pull South Park off the air so that you can broadcast it solely on the internet, where it wont be cencored. how much money do you have. do you really expect your fans to believe that you have no choice; no way to air your show without it being cencored...end rant
stupidgiant

Postby stupidgiant » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:18 am

you must have a crush on a sac.
Tom_SF

Postby Tom_SF » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:57 am

I appreciated the Looney Tunes satire but I'm beyond sick of that stupid "Towlie" character. Junk it already.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:30 am

Kornopolous wrote:From what I gather, I think Trey and Matt wrote it with a purpose to piss off fans - this was an episode solely for the Comedy central ex's.. not for the fans.

Really? I thoroughly enjoyed the entire episode, even the Towlie intervention parts :)

Can't wait for October 06 when Season 14B starts with episode 1408 :)

Note to Kornopolous: You're from Eureka? That's a beautiful part of Calif. 8)
vunkstah

Postby vunkstah » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:00 pm

I don't care what people say, this episode was literally half better than any episode from the last season. Very well written episode.
Judging by a lot of the hateful comments, most of you people only seem to watch South Park to get lolz or see controversy.
If i was like that, i would not be watching any comedy ,cause the only thing that can make me laugh out loud are youtube poops.
The whole Looney Tunes and Towelie thing and mocking those kind of documentaries was epic :D

9/10
Sawzinho

Postby Sawzinho » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:22 pm

vunkstah wrote:I don't care what people say, this episode was literally half better than any episode from the last season. Very well written episode.
Judging by a lot of the hateful comments, most of you people only seem to watch South Park to get lolz or see controversy.
If i was like that, i would not be watching any comedy ,cause the only thing that can make me laugh out loud are youtube poops.
The whole Looney Tunes and Towelie thing and mocking those kind of documentaries was epic :D

9/10

you must be on drugs if you think this episode was funny!
beersaround

Postby beersaround » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:13 am

MelCandy wrote:I only laughed when Cartman made fun of the jews! ò.ó

beersaround wrote :
> I think this episode is a response to being censored... they are using old
> 1950's warner brothers characters and jokes. showing how terrible cartoons
> used to be. if they cant be progressive they might as well recycle the same
> old crap. let go of the choke chain comedy central. let artists express
> themselves. and dont force us to watch a terrible piece of sh*t episode
> like this again.

I do realize the irony of me censoring myself in my origional post. so here it is "sh*t"
beersaround

Postby beersaround » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:15 am

beersaround wrote:
MelCandy wrote:I only laughed when Cartman made fun of the jews! ò.ó

beersaround wrote :
> I think this episode is a response to being censored... they are using old
> 1950's warner brothers characters and jokes. showing how terrible cartoons
> used to be. if they cant be progressive they might as well recycle the same
> old crap. let go of the choke chain comedy central. let artists express
> themselves. and dont force us to watch a terrible piece of sh*t episode
> like this again.

I do realize the irony of me censoring myself in my origional post. so here it is "sh*t"

f*ck f*ckity fuck-fuck-fuck
11adrian77

Postby 11adrian77 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:31 am

FFU
Irwin

Postby Irwin » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:11 am

SHUT UP MIMSY!!!
NinjaTovar

Postby NinjaTovar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:51 am

When do the new episodes start comin?