*1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Stanlee

Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Stanlee » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:35 pm

byte19 wrote :
> it's official... those of us who have been here longer love the show...
> then there are those who just joined... only to show their displeasure of
> the whole thing.
>
> *shakes head* noobs.

Totally man. Who the hell are these noobs to say sh*t about anything? What show have you people been watching for the last 14 years? Oh yeah that's right you haven't been watching South Park the last 14 years because you are probably only about 14-15 years old at best and you just started watching the show last season. Get over yourselves. The show was hilarious. Not every episode needs to have some huge socially relevant message.

Have you also noticed that the same people who hated this episode are generally the same ones who thought the only funny part was Cartman's Jew rant during the intervention. Oh yeah I was really ROTFLMAO over that one. Cartman spouting off about the Jews, what a new and gut bustingly hilarious concept. Give me a break that was mildly amusing at best.

Two best scenes were Towlie in the car "walking on sunshine" and Nathan getting ass raped by a shark.

Oh and on more thing. Towelie rules!!!!!!!!!
reyknow

Postby reyknow » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:39 pm

are you people insane?

so the episode is funny because of the 10 secs of sharking humping that retard kid and 10 secs of some characters as looney tunes? i watched looney tunes as a kid but is that really it??? im supposed to laugh or smirk or smile just cause they used looney tunes as reference????

this episode is bullsh*t.

try watching any episode from any season then watch this and you will know what im talking about.

example, AWESOM-O episode. no social commentary there, just cartman making fun of butters again, but still funny.

and its a turd dunked in diarrhea and piss compared to the previous 3 episodes.

its either
1. they jumped the shark
2. dont have any more ideas, which i doubt
3. this is them having a tantrum or protesting CC's recent excessive bleeps
reyknow

Postby reyknow » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:47 pm

and that intervention title card thing that appears every 3 minutes, its just so goddamn annoying.

and to the guy that said this episode is for older audiences, that bullsh*t.

ooooh, that kid looks like droopy, or that kid looks like sylvester, HA HA. ooooh that shark was humping the retard kid who sold jimmy drugs during the "up the down steroids" episode. HA HA.

really???

this has to be matt and trey protesting. they were on a roll this season, now this turd???
cldm

Postby cldm » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:52 pm

reyknow wrote :
> example, AWESOM-O episode. no social commentary there, just cartman making
> fun of butters again, but still funny.

Really? Do you even know what "social commentary" actually is? I don't think that you do, because that episode (and the AWESOM-O name) are based on an actual robot.

You might want to do some research before you post.
TommyDi

Postby TommyDi » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:59 pm

dissappointed
reyknow

Postby reyknow » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:03 pm

cldm wrote :
> reyknow wrote :
> > example, AWESOM-O episode. no social commentary there, just cartman making
> > fun of butters again, but still funny.
>
> Really? Do you even know what "social commentary" actually is? I don't
> think that you do, because that episode (and the AWESOM-O name) are based on an
> actual robot.
>
> You might want to do some research before you post.

duh, obviously its about asimo. im talking about their usual social commentary like "goobacks" or "trapped in the closet". READ PREVIOUS COMMENT

my point was try watching any episode from any season then watch this and you will notice whats sh*tty about this episode.
Pennington

Postby Pennington » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:17 pm

I've seen every single episode multiple times and I though this one was hilarious.
cartmenrocks1

Postby cartmenrocks1 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:27 pm

i totally loved this esp great way to open the new season with 3 funny esps that push the limits i noticed they spoofed the song are you ready for the summer from that movie meatbals bout a summer camp which makes me wonder if this esp is a tribute of somesort to that with their funny stories i loved how they even spoofed the WB characters along with making a dumb character who messes every plan very funny and well done loved that scene walking on sunshine lmao his face was just humorous alone thank you matt and trey for pushing the limits and for your awesome originality thats what i love about you guys and thats why south park is my all time favorite show :lol: 8) :D
live love laugh
cldm

Postby cldm » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:35 pm

reyknow wrote :
> duh, obviously its about asimo. im talking about their usual social commentary like
> "goobacks" or "trapped in the closet". READ PREVIOUS COMMENT
>
> my point was try watching any episode from any season then watch this and you will
> notice whats sh*tty about this episode.

I did read your previous comments, but you don't seem to make any sense. Perhaps if you typed in complete sentences with proper grammar readers could comprehend the message that you are trying to send.

And I still don't think you know what "social commentary" is. I don't want to analyze the episode too much, especially after the message in "Scrotie", but there might be some social commentary lightly sprinkled into this episode.

I was hoping that South Park would weigh in on the Sarah Palin/retard situation during this episode run. There might be some of that presented subtlety in this episode. You have the handicapped kids at camp, but you also have the drug addict storyline. Some might call drug addicts "functioning retards" because of what addiction does to your body, mind, and social relationships.

Additionally, addiction is treated as a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. This gives drug addicts the right to seek counseling or other rehabilitative actions without being fired from their jobs.

The summer camp gives the handicap kids the opportunities to participate in outdoor activities. Towelie's job was to be there when the kids needed him, but he demonstrated that he couldn't fulfill that role because of his addiction. In essence, the handicapped kids functioned better at life than the drug addict.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:38 pm

cldm wrote :
> Really? Do you even know what "social commentary" actually is? I don't
> think that you do, because that episode (and the AWESOM-O name) are based on an
> actual robot.
>
> You might want to do some research before you post.

Asimo is hardly social commentary.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
anticensorshipgun

Postby anticensorshipgun » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:48 pm

The fact that a lot of the characters did resemble looney toons does seam like a purposeful rehashing of "the same old crap" for the purpose of pointing out that if you cant be progressive than why even bother seamed to be what they were trying to get at there is true.
Another thing that i got from this episode is that you can make jokes about Indians the handicapped and Jews you can have the word retard in the name of the camp, you can make jokes about drugs and show Towelie covered in seamen from sucking d**k for drug money sticking needles in his arm. You can even show a handicapped child being raped by a shark with a 9 inch penis not once but twice, but ill be damned if you can so much as say the name of Muhammad much less show an image of him.
Aren't we so lucky that that we have the right to free speech !?!? ........Yeah right...... Free speech is only free as long as no one is threatening to blow you up!!!
Last edited by anticensorshipgun on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
joostew

Postby joostew » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:54 pm

i f*cking love south park best show in the world want to say that thank for reading
joostew

Postby joostew » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:00 pm

i really like this episode it, for a sec i thought i was really watching intervention. sadly tho, i wish towelie wasn't on crack we all need to get together and get towelie off crack ='( but getting high is fine
evilwizard

- THA FAAQ !!

Postby evilwizard » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:03 pm

..sorry, I cant sleep over here, Im just to worked up, just have to post another "this was utter f*cking crap post".

I was disappointed with 200, 201, but hey watta hell after 199 EP's of pure magic, just let it slip right, but THIS !?

this is bullsh*t; I WANT MY MONEY BACK !!!

remember a little episode called "The China Probrem"

George Lucas and Steven Spielberg raping Indiana Jones.

..so, what is getting raped in this episode!? 199 episodes of pure awesomeness is getting raped, that's what !!!

I just tried to watch "Crippled Summer" one more time, you know, too see if it really was crap, it is crap.
..guess Bono created it.
I will not be able to watch this episode again, this is a first for me, it is truly a sad day.

and to all of you asspissers who think this episode was brilliant just because you have had an account here since the dawn of internet (and that you are the only ones who truly understand south park)... *yeah right*

- THA FAAQ !!!
clevelandsteamer

Postby clevelandsteamer » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:04 pm

Seriously?? No cameo from muhammad?? Comeon step your game up :)

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”