*1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:33 am

The uncensored version is now up
PyroNinja713

Postby PyroNinja713 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:37 am

Did anybody besides me actually go to restorestephenbaldwin.org and send them an e-mail asking about the towel interventions? I'm really hoping they reply to me.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:38 am

Not liking the past three episodes too much. I wasn't a fan of this one.

Eh, all I know is that it will get better eventually.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:48 am

I just have to add that I loved the intervention' style the episode was shown in. How info passed by on the screen and it wasn't even important enough to be told. 'The chances for red team to win are now- such and such.' Omg, why does it matter? lol I'm sure many people are happy they finally had Towelie back! :mrgreen: Loved the intervention part with the boys. Clyde was there but there was no explanation why lol. And Cartman's huge hate speech against Jews was just classic and the funniest part of the episode.

Images of Towelie breaking into Stan's house and stealing his allowance... :lol:

Is it Oct yet?? :mrgreen:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
EvilDavePrime

Postby EvilDavePrime » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:32 am

I'm laughing my ass off at the Nathan and Mimsy stuff. Towelie as a junkie is nice, too.

But "Butters' Bottom Bitch" is still the funniest thing Matt & Trey have done in the last few years.

"Give me the evidence bag!"
Let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend!
Shaughtzer

Postby Shaughtzer » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:35 am

Does anyone know where the Uke solo refrence is from?

I remember hearing that exact same song played in an episode of Looney Toons or something where the last note also triggered explosives.
axisofevil

Postby axisofevil » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:41 am

I have to say that I may tune into South Park for the social commentary and tight story-telling, but I stay for the crude humor, so I've got no real problems with this episode.

Furthermore, I'll laugh at all the sickest most un-pc things they can come up with - sharks raping cripples, towels sucking off old dudes, anti-Semitic rants, all of it.
But the Stephen Baldwin site? THAT was just creepy and disturbing!
tandrasong

Postby tandrasong » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:19 am

Shaughtzer wrote :
> Does anyone know where the Uke solo refrence is from?
>
> I remember hearing that exact same song played in an episode of Looney
> Toons or something where the last note also triggered explosives.
If memory servers me right I rember when Bugs bunny was running against yosemite sam for mayor or something and sam rigged a piano to explode when a hit a certain key but bugs kept hitting wrong key then sam fianlly got mad and pushed him aside and "I'll shows you how to do it" and boom.

I really liked this episode I grew up in the 60's and early 70's and looney toons was a young kids viewing staple at that time. Bugs and crew were really baaad at times esp in the 40's and 50's and have a few cartoons that are competely banned( but with good reason, look for rabbit stew or Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs. unlike the bullsh*t reson for pulling 200,201, and super best friends, comedy central makes me sick). Trey and Matt did the bumbling sidekick and dumbass mastermind of looney toons to a tee, love it. "I switched the maps, then switched the maps"

P.S. love the super best friends chinese latarns around the stage during jimmy's song.
CRAW93

Postby CRAW93 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:24 am

I really thought this episode was just fantastic and hilarious i love how they used looney tunes and that shark was just a bonus to it all just plain hilarious
Razzelmire

Postby Razzelmire » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:34 am

I don't know if anyone pointed this out, but me and my wife figured that Towelie represents what Comedy Central used to be and represent and what they allowed South Park get away with. Which was practically anything.

But eventually they turned "dry, stained, and unable to absorb". They wish Towelie (an allusion to Comedy Central) would go back to the way he used to be. The South Park kids seem to be the "voice" of Matt and Trey and their feelings towards CC for hurting their fans. Maybe this midseason break will be the "rehab" for Comedy Central. I can see Matt and Trey trying to either get another Mohammed episode going when they return or at least convincing them to air episode 201 uncensored on the website.

I really was expecting a lot more, however, from this episode.
techtronic7

Postby techtronic7 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:56 am

It makes sense. Lets just hope cc understands it. If not southpark will have to reinvent them self. At the same time I can see how with the war in all (if you can call it that) cc does not want to mess with them they want to play it safe. If America cant wake up and realize we are being taken in over in the form of riots and politics then we have already lost. The terrorist may have realize the most powerful weapon of all and its not a bomb or a gun. EPISODE 201 was an example of us losing the war and 202 was an example of holding our ground. Rather you believe were doing it right or not its time to reinvent are self as well. Then again I'm just a 19 year old who is joining the navy what do I know.
jacksdead

Postby jacksdead » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:18 am

"I think this episode is a response to being censored... they are using old 1950's warner brothers characters and jokes. showing how terrible cartoons used to be. if they cant be progressive they might as well recycle the same old crap. let go of the choke chain comedy central. let artists express themselves. and dont force us to watch a terrible piece of sh*t episode like this again."

10000x agreed.
american_monkey

Postby american_monkey » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:38 am

techtronic7 wrote :
> Then again I'm just a 19 year
> old who is joining the navy what do I know.

I can't think of a better first post than to thank you, in advance, for what you are committing yourself to. You, sir, have my respect and gratitude.

I have plenty to say about the episode, but its going to have to wait until I'm done watching Allison and the duster. Holy sh*t this is messed up. Of all the f*cked up things to make fun of, this easily trumps a retarded drug dealer getting shark raped.
opitica

Postby opitica » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:39 am

lol i f*cking lost my mind this entire episode. just couldn't stop laughing. I've seen a good number of intervention episodes and when I saw the whip-its with the towelie's face just like girl in the episode, my stomach was hurting so hard i couldn't stop laughing. seriously 10/10 and #1 for me these past two seasons. For being my first time on this forum to specifically write that, you people look too deep into this show, jesus christ. It's supposed to entertain you and make you laugh.
MK-ultra

Postby MK-ultra » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:10 am

Shut up, MIMSYYYY!!!!!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”