*1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

american_monkey

Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Postby american_monkey » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:29 am

OK, thank God that's over. Man you forget how lucky you are sometimes until you see somebody like that. I've been through a lot of sh*t myself, but wow!

Enough of that mess. I will say, though, that watching a towel suck dick for drug money and suck down computer duster is a hell of a lot funnier than watching an actual human being doing it.

Overall (since it seems to be a tradition of rating episodes on this board) I'd give it a 5/10 for SP, and a 9/10 compared to all the other garbage on tv.

I really did dig the episode, just not as much as I was hoping to. Usually the Timmy/Jimmy combo leaves me in tears, but they were under used for my taste. That being said, I'm old enough to love the old Looney Toons and really dug the tribute. Not as good as ripping Osama Bugs Bunny style, but it still made me smile.

The shark rape was classic, the shape-shifting Jew rant was good stuff, and Towelie's intervention was funny enough. However, I agree with someone I read earlier that said it would've been funnier if he went through a weed intervention. I guess crack, meth, and duster are just better devices to make him fall as far as he had to for his story line to work.

Now for everyone who's gung ho about this episode ruining the season so far... what show are you guys watching? I'm not saying that this has been a bad season, but its far from being my favorite andimho its far from being their most clever.

I dug Scrotie simply because I'm a Salinger fan, and 200/201 were beyond solid ... I think (I'll let you know if we ever get to see how it actually ends), but the KFC episode seemed a bit weak to me, and the best part of the Tiger episode was the video game. I kind of have to remove myself from having an opinion on Facebook since I have no plans on ever joining that site.

I guess that's the problem with having done an epic show for as long as these guys have; 9 out of 10 episodes have no chance of living up to the hype, which is why I put two separate ratings on this particular show. Not that anybody gives a sh*t about what I think, but I had to do something to kill time in my fiance's apartment since I'm too cheap to pay for cable at both of our places.

And btw:
south park = greatest show ever!!!
ChickenBacon

Postby ChickenBacon » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:37 am

Wow, I can't believe how far the joke flew over a lot of peoples' heads around here.
The whole episode was a response to the censorship of the Mohammed episode.
Trey and Matt were saying, well if CC isn't going to show what we really want, we're just going to make a cheesey 1960's style throw-away episode.
A lot of you were saying, "Oh the shark raping the kid was funny, and the Looney Tunes references were funny". And yes, by themselves they are funny, but you're overlooking the big picture here, and how Matt and Trey are pissed and just spoon-fed a bunch of crap and throw away jokes to us in protest of their censorship.
Yes this is a great episode, it took me a long time to figure out the subtle angle that Trey and Matt were creating with this one.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:02 am

If that's the way you wanna see it, fine. :) It was just a funny episode to me without any current events to address, no Muhammad to try to get past Comedy Central, no lesson to learn today. As "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs" said, sometimes we read too much into a book (or a show).
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
FreeQuebec86

Postby FreeQuebec86 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:20 am

Big-Will wrote :
> If that's the way you wanna see it, fine. :) It was just a funny episode to
> me without any current events to address, no Muhammad to try to get past
> Comedy Central, no lesson to learn today. As "The Tale of Scrotie
> McBoogerballs" said, sometimes we read too much into a book (or a
> show).

BUT !!! I discover about Stephen Baldwin !!!!

I didnt even know his name ! Only Biodome !!!

Now, i know hes born-again, got law suit and want money from all christians !!!

WE NEED TO RESTORE THIS GUY LIKE JOB !!!! ( or someone )

STEPHEN Baldwin = Deserver OUR money !

From their official website

Q- Why doesn't his family help him?
A- His family does not perceive Stephen’s predicament as a matter of spiritual warfare. They see Stephen’s outspoken Christianity as poor choices therefore they will not help.

Q- What happened to his wealth?
A- When he became an outspoken Christian in 2002 his income went down by 70% when he refused roles with gratuitous sex and violence.

Q- If Stephen was not involved how did you get permission to do this?
A- Daniel Southern is Stephen’s spiritual advisor and the President of Stephen’s ministries. We contacted Daniel who gave us written permission to build the site .

Q- Why does Stephen need personal wealth?
A- Stephen’s influence is in Hollywood. Hollywood worships money and without it you are seen as a loser and cannot be an effective influence to this group.

Q- How much money does he need?
A- From what I read in public court documents Stephen needs several million dollars to pay all of his creditors but he deserves hundreds of millions for his Job like faithfulness in the face of relentless loss and persecution.

Q- What percentage of a gift actually reaches Stephen?
A- 100% goes directly into his bank account through online gifting. The bank account was arranged by Daniel Southern. Daniel was Billy Graham’s Crusade Director for almost 20 years.

Q- Who paid for the www.RestoreStephenBaldwin.org site?
A- The site was built and funded by someone Stephen nor his staff have ever met.

Q- Where did the Job "all that knew him" Token Gifting observation come from?
A- The person who birthed and funded the site.

Q- What % of Christians know the method God used to restore Job?
A- An incredibly small %.

Q- Was Stephen involved in the movement planning, concept or site development?
A- No

Q- Who does Stephen try to reach with his ministries?
A- From Hollywood to large arena events in the inner cities drawing troubled youth with motocross jumping and Extreme games.

Q- What about other people who are hurting in this economy?
A- Those that just came to your mind mail them a token gift also.

Q- Is this about the economy?
A- Like everyone else it is a factor but the economy is not the reason Stephen is in financial trouble.

Q- Am I saying that Stephen is equal to Job in his faith?
A- No, But when I investigated Stephen’s story his losses and persecutions were substantial but he has not regretted his decision to live for Christ.

Q- What triggered you to do this?
A- In March of 08 I saw Stephen speak boldly for Christ on Trumps Celebrity Apprentice Show. Then in Aug 09 I saw Stephen and God being laughed at for his bankruptcy.

Q- Have you ever received communication from anyone involved with Stephen’s group prior to starting this movement?
A- No

Q- Who actually built the site?
A- For security and site content reasons the site was built by SPX Studios, SPX is Stephen’s and other celebrities outsourced internet design company.

Q- Is the site secure for credit cards?
A- The site is as secure as any major online store.

Q- Why does the donation page ask me for my email and password?
A- This feature is for added security. Enter your email address and the password you use could be any password you use or make up one.

Soooooooo give your credit card to this guy who is RICH family dont wanne help him !

http://www.restorestephenbaldwin.org/

I am the ONLY ONE talking about the BIG SUBJECT OF INTEREST in this episode !

( Please, dont feed this troll ( Stephen baldwin and my self a little bit ) lol
american_monkey

Postby american_monkey » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:53 am

Actually, that reminds me of the one thing I forgot to comment on. The Stephen Baldwin website, unless the story I read a few weeks ago was a lie, isn't run by Stephen, nor is it him asking for money. It's some evangelical down in Florida that read about him and decided to contact his preacher in order to start the site/fund. He's being used as a pawn to spread the word, and nothing more.
forgetallofu

Postby forgetallofu » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:58 am

i love south park.i've seen every south park episode(except 201 becasue of the sh*t ass censors) and i have to say,this was the worst episode ever.not only did it not make me laugh,but i didnt even smile.i dont know what else to say
JOSHSKORN

Postby JOSHSKORN » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:09 am

Yeah really, once again...this episode sucked. It REALLY should've included Cartman as a retarded kid. The Looney Toons thing was just completely stupid. Towlie getting clean, that bit was just stupid. Second to worst episode ever. Pee was the worst. That one started out ok, but turned into sh!t very quickly. This one, the whole episode basically sucked but throughout the entire thing, it had some good points. Is it me, or do seasons or mid-seasons always end with a crappy episode?
reyknow

Postby reyknow » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:13 am

theres no message, theres no story, theres no comedy, nothing. terrible episode.very disappointing.

worst episode ever. more annoying than "jackovasaur", at least it had a message. more depressing than "kenny dies" but it had to be depressing. more irritating than "not without my anus" at least that was an april fool's joke.

watching this episode is like watching the worst episode of family guy. nothing made sense.

looney tunes reference is funny? no story there and they appeared for only 20 secs total. shark humping the kid? thats it? ugh.

:? :parishilton: :evil:
reyknow

Postby reyknow » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:15 am

JOSHSKORN wrote :
> Yeah really, once again...this episode sucked. It REALLY should've
> included Cartman as a retarded kid. The Looney Toons thing was just
> completely stupid. Towlie getting clean, that bit was just stupid. Second
> to worst episode ever. Pee was the worst. That one started out ok, but
> turned into sh!t very quickly. This one, the whole episode basically
> sucked but throughout the entire thing, it had some good points. Is it me,
> or do seasons or mid-seasons always end with a crappy episode?

Pee is 100x better than this episode.

they shouldve named this one CRAP.
Blandish

Postby Blandish » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:41 am

"We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it."

I was expecting to see a direct stab at Comedy Central. Possibly something to get SP kicked from cable so they were able to go full webisodes and 100% uncensored.

Instead, they take a stab at the viewers in an attempt to do what? Get us mad at Comedy Central? Nice way to alienate the followers. And as the mid-season finale too... Really makes me want to continue watching when they start airing new ones. **oozing with sarcasm**

I and many others I know don't even watch the sh*t on cable because of the bleeps. Haven't been able watch 201 at all since they couldn't even put it on the web.

And the blog? (http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/blog/)
Really? Reminds me of Farva. "I got you good you f*ckers!" Yea.. Not really.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:10 am

ChickenBacon wrote :
> Wow, I can't believe how far the joke flew over a lot of peoples' heads
> around here.
> The whole episode was a response to the censorship of the Mohammed episode.
> Trey and Matt were saying, well if CC isn't going to show what we really
> want, we're just going to make a cheesey 1960's style throw-away episode.
> A lot of you were saying, "Oh the shark raping the kid was funny, and
> the Looney Tunes references were funny". And yes, by themselves they
> are funny, but you're overlooking the big picture here, and how Matt and
> Trey are pissed and just spoon-fed a bunch of crap and throw away jokes to
> us in protest of their censorship.
> Yes this is a great episode, it took me a long time to figure out the
> subtle angle that Trey and Matt were creating with this one.

I found the episode to be very funny. And it took you a long time to figure out the subtle angle that MnT were creating with this one? You should have read the pre-air thread. From that thread I was expecting something totally different from "201," something CC could not censor anything out of the show. And that's what happened. A nice cartoon, no current events or "what's in the news" episode, and it made me laugh. That's all I could ask for. A very nice closure to Season 14A :)
Mikey Bizzle

Postby Mikey Bizzle » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:18 am

Diabeteth wrote :
> So Towelie has been sober for... two days.
>
> Definitely not my favorite episode, but it wasn't all bad. If beersaround
> is right and this is a response to being censored, it was actually kind of
> genius. And hey, at least the boys appeared in it. I'm kinda surprised to
> see Clyde with them when they confronted Towelie. Speaking of which, in at
> least one of the moments with words on the screen they spelled Towelie as
> "Towlie."
>
> What I would like to know is, why didn't Jimmy stutter while singing?

I am 25 years old, have been hardcore south park fan since August of 97, and long time SPS guest but never signed up before until now. I am completely ecstatic that they finally brought Nathan back let alone give him his own episode. The reason Jim didn't stutter during the Tardicaca Hula (and if you listen closely, he actually did, though to a lesser, almost un-noticeable extent) was because that was simply the best original song (at least tied at the number 1 spot for last season's "Queef Free" and Bigger, Longer, Uncut's Satan number "Up There") in the history of South Park and couldn't afford to be lessened by Jim's signature stuttering vernacular. Did you notice he also wasn't wearing his crutches in order to rock out the ukelele?

I'm shocked and disappointed to see so many of you so called fans hating on a rather brilliant episode, whatever the reason for their homage to the Looney Tunes characters, if you have even the slightest respect for the history of cartoons and the characters of old, translating the particular characters they chose into retarded children is downright hysterical. Nathan was one of the funniest one-episode characters ever if not for his physical and vocal presentation, then the idea behind him (an 8 year old handicap kid dealing steroids at the special olympics) and it was an honorable pleasure to be blessed with his shenanigans again.

I don't understand the animosity towards this hilarious episode, short of all of you people on this board being retarded or having a retarded family member and being insulted by the making fun of them (which it really wasn't). Lighten Up People and stop the hating.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:43 am

Mikey Bizzle wrote :
> I am 25 years old, have been hardcore south park fan since August of 97, and long
> time SPS guest but never signed up before until now.

Welcome to the board, Mikey Bizzle :D

Even though you were a "guest" for many years, I'm glad this episode 1407 and particularly the comments made in this thread got you to sign up from a guest to a sps user :)

I agree with your post, and I did like how the old cartoon characters where made into 8 year old handicapped kids (or else they couldn't go to handicapped camp).

Hope to see more of you around the BBS :)

-ZZ
ultralex

Postby ultralex » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:36 am

Why is everyone criticizing this episode? I thought it was fantastic and i love timmy and jimmy and towelie so it kind of came naturally. And also, even if it was bad, you cant seriously think it is worse than 'The City on the Edge of Forever'? That was a clip show with 5 clips ffs!
If you have a spare moment please visit my blog were I am watching and reviewing every South Park episode from #1 to #infinity :D alexspsreviewblog.blogspot.com
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:00 am

ultralex wrote :
> Why is everyone criticizing this episode? I thought it was fantastic and i
> love timmy and jimmy and towelie so it kind of came naturally. And also,
> even if it was bad, you cant seriously think it is worse than 'The City on
> the Edge of Forever'? That was a clip show with 5 clips ffs!

The City on the Edge of Forever: However, it was a fantasy clip show: the facts of the clips were altered. And all that Ice Cream :yum: <---- made by own emoticon here :)

And not everyone is criticizing this episode. Did you read Big-Will's post? My posts? Mikey Bizzle post?

I think someone should make a poll with many options: Did you like the episode? Did you not like (hate is too strong a word imo), and other questions more specifically addressed to issues people have with the episode. I am not going to make the poll. I hope someone does, though. I would say I liked the episode very much.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”