*1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Sawzinho
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:02 pm

Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Sawzinho » Sun May 02, 2010 11:22 am

Faust Part 3 wrote :
> This was an adult episode and I think a lot of the kids on this board just
> didn't get it.
>
> 1. This was an OBVIOUS response to the censorship in the previous
> episodes. Consider Eric's speech. It is almost straight out of "der
> ewige Jude", a Nazi propaganda film.
>
> 2. In addition to Jews, this episode makes fun of crippled kids and drug
> addicts, two groups supposedly in need of support and empathy.
>
> 3. The Islamic Prophet? Still off-limits.
>
> This was my favorite episode of the season so far.




you seem that kind of people that see a purpose in everything, you remind me the episode where butters writes a book, this has no meaning like that, is just a lame episode!

jimmy as a handicap guy didnt even stuttered, he almost looked a normal kid!

same as the other handicap kids, they only were different in aspect but not in personality!!


and btw, WHAT THE f*ck IS WITH CARTMANS VOICE?

THEY COMPLETLY f*cked CARTMANS VOICE, HE ONLY SEEMS CARTMAN NOW WHEN HE IS SCREAMING!


if you dont belive it see the episode again when he starts to speak, in the old days as soon as cartman opened his mouse i would literaly start rofl!
Faust Part 3
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:30 am

Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Faust Part 3 » Sun May 02, 2010 11:33 am

> you seem that kind of people that see a purpose in everything, you remind me the
> episode where butters writes a book, this has no meaning like that, is just a lame
> episode!
>

You could be right. The butters writing a book episode seemed like a slap in the face of the literary community which eats up anything with a famous authors name on it. Then again---perhaps I am being too serious :)
Worthy
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:40 pm

Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Worthy » Sun May 02, 2010 12:32 pm

axisofevil wrote :
> Worthy wrote :
> > after the ad break if seemed to have skipped over that and gone straight to
> > the shark whistle plan?
> >
> > I can't find anything about it being cut or anything online, so no idea
> > what has happened? probabbly a time cut or something?
> >
> > Anyway, what did I miss?
>
> Stink buzz! But basically there was just more of the running gag about the SNAFUs in
> Nathan & Mimsy's plans (they end up at the reservation & Nathan gets shot by
> Indians) and then the funny-as-a-fart scene stanlee mentions above with Towelie
> huffing computer duster
>
> [i]"Go away! Let me walk on the sunshine a little more!"[/i] - Love it.
>
> Nothing integral to the plot, but worth trying to DL or seeing if a mate recorded it
> for a couple of good laughs.

Thanks although it shown the computer duster part.

Still seemed like a pointless thing to cut.
hdci
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:41 am

horrible

Postby hdci » Sun May 02, 2010 2:43 pm

dude, this was gay.... laughed once at the shark part
Mikey Bizzle
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:44 am

Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Mikey Bizzle » Sun May 02, 2010 7:15 pm

Sawzinho wrote :

WHAT THE f*ck IS WITH CARTMANS VOICE?
>
> THEY COMPLETLY f*cked CARTMANS VOICE, HE ONLY SEEMS CARTMAN NOW WHEN HE IS SCREAMING!
>
>
> if you dont belive it see the episode again when he starts to speak, in the old days
> as soon as cartman opened his mouse i would literaly start rofl!

The characters are "maturing" and "getting older", Kyle's really the only kid in the primary cast who still sounds the same, Stan and Cartman's voice have both pubescently transformed over the seasons as have Butters and Jimmys. There's nothing I can say to the fact that you prefer the Cartman voice of old to the current one, as you are entitled to your opinion just the same as everyone else, but I can suggest that you take it in stride. Like you said, the raunchier, more over-the-top Cartman voice still shows up every now and then but it's not gone completely. Considering what an important character main character is I think it's better not have him be just-SO annoying on a consistent level, plus he's a lot more intelligent and outspoken these days in a way I don't think the old Cartman voice will be able to handle.

I for one like the evolution of Cartman's voice, even though they haven't left the 4th grade (I was just thinking they're hardly ever in school anymore) since 2000, it's what you would think Cartman's voice would progress to were he real. And one more thing regarding the updated voices, I think Butters and Jimmy have evolved considerably in the right direction, as the Butters of old was just plain annoying, and Jimmy although, hilarious at the time, was originally intended as a one episode character, and since garnering all the positive feedback, Matt and Trey had to refine his presentation a bit to mold him into a more regular character form in order for audiences not to change their minds about wanting more Jimmy once they realized he's too retarded to enjoy on a regular basis.
SlipKoRnsTein
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:51 pm

Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Postby SlipKoRnsTein » Sun May 02, 2010 10:58 pm

VERY AMAZING !!!!!! , YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!! , I LIKE THE PART OF THE SHARK XD
Sawzinho
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:02 pm

Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Sawzinho » Sun May 02, 2010 11:15 pm

Mikey Bizzle wrote :
> Sawzinho wrote :
>
> WHAT THE f*ck IS WITH CARTMANS VOICE?
> >
> > THEY COMPLETLY f*cked CARTMANS VOICE, HE ONLY SEEMS CARTMAN NOW WHEN HE IS
> SCREAMING!
> >
> >
> > if you dont belive it see the episode again when he starts to speak, in the old
> days
> > as soon as cartman opened his mouse i would literaly start rofl!
>
> The characters are "maturing" and "getting older", Kyle's really
> the only kid in the primary cast who still sounds the same, Stan and Cartman's voice
> have both pubescently transformed over the seasons as have Butters and Jimmys.
> There's nothing I can say to the fact that you prefer the Cartman voice of old to the
> current one, as you are entitled to your opinion just the same as everyone else, but
> I can suggest that you take it in stride. Like you said, the raunchier, more
> over-the-top Cartman voice still shows up every now and then but it's not gone
> completely. Considering what an important character main character is I think it's
> better not have him be just-SO annoying on a consistent level, plus he's a lot more
> intelligent and outspoken these days in a way I don't think the old Cartman voice
> will be able to handle.
>
> I for one like the evolution of Cartman's voice, even though they haven't left the
> 4th grade (I was just thinking they're hardly ever in school anymore) since 2000,
> it's what you would think Cartman's voice would progress to were he real. And one
> more thing regarding the updated voices, I think Butters and Jimmy have evolved
> considerably in the right direction, as the Butters of old was just plain annoying,
> and Jimmy although, hilarious at the time, was originally intended as a one episode
> character, and since garnering all the positive feedback, Matt and Trey had to refine
> his presentation a bit to mold him into a more regular character form in order for
> audiences not to change their minds about wanting more Jimmy once they realized he's
> too retarded to enjoy on a regular basis.




That´s not evolution, all of them are still in fouth grade!

I call it computer era, it seems matt and trey have figured out computers and how to make voices more suitable for kids or cartoon lovers, but in the mist they completly lost cartmans essence!
koymenella
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:36 pm

Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Postby koymenella » Mon May 03, 2010 1:41 am

That was seriously the worst episode of South Park I've ever seen.

The "Intervention" cuts were too numerous and super annoying, they weren't even funny, and the music sucked too.

Both plot lines were uninteresting and unfunny.

I suppose this lacklustre season finale may be due to Comedy Central's complete takeover of the "Muhammad" episode where they edited and censored everything. If I were Matt and Trey I would have been pissed, and having only one more episode to do, they probably just wanted to get it over with.

This could be the beginning of the end of South Park.

The only saving grace from this episode was the web link to www.restorestephenbaldwin.org at the tail end of the episode. At least that web site made me laugh even if South Park didn't.

Worst episode ever.
Worthy
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:40 pm

Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Worthy » Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 am

koymenella wrote :

> The only saving grace from this episode was the web link to
> http://www.restorestephenbaldwin.org at the tail end of the episode. At
> least that web site made me laugh even if South Park didn't.
>
> Worst episode ever.

What more funny is the fact that the site and the stuff on it are dated 2009 (before this episode), lol!!
Gashlycrumb
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 12:44 pm

Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Gashlycrumb » Mon May 03, 2010 2:45 pm

Simply put, if you didn’t laugh your ass off at the “Endearing young charms” gag, this episode wasn’t f*cking made for you, and it’s not likely you’ll ever appreciate or understand the humor they were going for. It’s not difficult to determine who among you was raised on Looney Toons as a child, and who wasn’t . Such a shame.

To those of you that assume this episode was a big “f*ck you” to the brass at Comedy Central for censoring the Muhammad episode: again, you missed the f*cking point. If anything it was an homage to the golden age of cartooning. The day’s when sneaking innuendos and adult themed jokes past the censors was an art form, and you almost HAVE to rewatch the cartoons after 10 to 20 years to fully appreciate the subtleties your prepubescent, underdeveloped brain was incapable of picking up as a child. You couldn’t put the likes of Petey Puma or Beaky Buzzard in a cartoon these days without referring to both of them as “special people” and handing out obligatory soccer trophies for “doing a super job!”

The likes of Tex Avery and Chuck Jones paved the way for cartoons like South Park over half a century ago, and if they hadn’t pushed the envelope then, the cartoons of today would be pretty f*cking lame to say the very least. If you think that this episode was anything less than a tribute from Matt and Trey to the greats of cartooning from the 40’s and 50’s(with a f*cked up South Park spin, naturally), there’s a damn good chance you’re missing half the jokes that any given South Park episode has to offer anyway. Give it about 10 years or so, and you may understand what I mean. That’s the true beauty of an intelligently crafted cartoon. They’re both timely and timeless.

Shark rapes a cripple = quite funny, and for the kids.

Those endearing young charms gag = damn funny as well, and for the adults.

A classic cartoon spin, and a great f*cking episode.
ralphy
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:26 am

Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Postby ralphy » Mon May 03, 2010 3:35 pm

I loved the ep.!!!
Well, I love looney tunes too so I liked all the references to it.

Nathan being the little gangster on Bugs Bunny' show :D
TheRealCmurder
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 6:20 pm

Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Postby TheRealCmurder » Mon May 03, 2010 7:00 pm

This was the worst episode this season by far. Why make a whole episode based on side characters. I actually enjoy Towlie in small roles but he doesnt have enough variety to be the main focus of an episode. The only think funny he does is get high, and that gets old even for me and im a pothead. And dont get me started on Nathan, who here actually gives a crap about him. They need to stop elevating minor characters up to major roles, South Park has plenty of funny, well established characters with way more character depth than Towlie or Nathan. :mrgreen:
eMCKc
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:30 pm

Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Postby eMCKc » Mon May 03, 2010 8:21 pm

Great episode. I've been waiting for an Intervention spoof for a long time. I was overjoyed when Towelie quoted that classic Allison line. Can't wait for more!
AggroRulz
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:07 pm

Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Postby AggroRulz » Mon May 03, 2010 9:53 pm

beersaround wrote :
> I think this episode is a response to being censored... they are using old
> 1950's warner brothers characters and jokes. showing how terrible cartoons
> used to be. if they cant be progressive they might as well recycle the same
> old crap. let go of the choke chain comedy central. let artists express
> themselves. and dont force us to watch a terrible piece of sh*t episode
> like this again.

Very good response! But anyway, we can think of a thousand secret messages kept behind the story which I personally dont prefer. Anyhow, this one makes sense by far!
goper
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:06 pm

Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion

Postby goper » Mon May 03, 2010 11:16 pm

Worst episode ever.... so primitive... 3/10
I hope Tray and Mat did that on purpose, and not accidentaly

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests