*1408: Poor And Stupid - Pre-Air Discussion*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

munkieeiknum

Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid - Pre-Air Discussion*

Postby munkieeiknum » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:59 am

I hope 2 god it has the rednecks!!! I gotta watch W.T.F. now that I'm thinkin of em :b

I'm not in love with you I'm in love with abortions don't you understand!?!
Stanluv25

Re: Poor & Stupid

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:07 am

ClaytThaGreat wrote:For all of you who are foolish enough to not know what "poor and stupid" refers to, it's trey and matt's (and everyone elses) opinion that people who like NASCAR are in fact "poor and stupid." it may feature kenny (hopefully) and the rednecks but it seems to be a butters/cartman ep for the most part. seems like it could potentially be good and hopefully it doesnt turn out to be in fact 'poor and stupid.' i miss the days when the show actually made fun of pop culture and serious issues, not retarded topics for simpletons like nascar. im praying to give this episode a positive review.. and if not, there's always next week

I dont think it's 'foolish' to single out those of us who do not know what poor and stupid may refer to. Not everyone likes or cares about Nascar :roll:

I hope it's a funny episode!
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Herzyfied

Postby Herzyfied » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:33 am

I was wondering for ages what the new episode will be about. I think the writers are going to run out of ideas soon. This sounds like it'll be a good episode.

P.s I think season 15 will be the last season of south park. :(
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:04 am

Big-Will wrote:The clip is also embedded on my site. Does it work there?

I see it fine. And I don't know why everyone has such a problem with Butters & Cartman eps. Sure they pair them up often, but the dynamic just works.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:39 am

Jake, M'kay? wrote:A rare non-current event epidode (I'm assuming). Wow.

I think they want to not touch current events with a 20 foot pole. They will subtly hint at some things though, for sure.

They don't want to alienate people but ripping on the left or right, right now, I would think. I know I know, this is M&T, they don't care. I think maybe they do. There is so much division right now.

But they can make an episode that is a little to the right and I wouldn't care, we all know they are Libertarians. But surely they aren't with the Tea Baggers. So I am thinking they do not want to talk about that sh*t, because although not insane as the baggers, some Libertarians would think it as an attack on Libertarianism. Think sensitive Ron Paul fans. Same for the left, I would assume.

Hey maybe I am completely wrong and they REALLY don't give a sh*t and maybe they make an episode slamming both sides, like the 100th episode. I would think that would work.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
poopydoopy

Postby poopydoopy » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:47 am

You know they should really do an episode based on the New Jersey fad going on right now. I swear every channel on tv has a Jersey something show!
Southparkfan135

Postby Southparkfan135 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:15 am

Anoter Cartman/Butters episode and this time about racing? Cool! It looks like really badass episode, can't wait!
Sorry for my bad English...

Postby 203177 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:12 pm

whoever uploaded the clip to yt thanks so much. i just saw it. wow cartman is very stupid for going the wrong way. :lol:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
pdfsmail

Postby pdfsmail » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:39 pm

HA!

The midseason begins! when I first read poor and stupid I first thought of Kenny (poor). Wonder if he has anything to do with the way cartman sees his goals in this ep....

just glad a new ep... Butters and Cartman, the duo of omg....
me=a hybrid of Tweek,Butters,Cartman,&Kyle!

GIVING INTO AN EXTREMIST SHOWS WEAKNESS, AND OPENS A DOOR TO FAILURE THIS WILL NOT APPEASE THEIR THREATS.
Raisinz

Postby Raisinz » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:44 pm

How in the heck does a 9 year old get into a Nascar race?

Maybe they should have it more realistic..like they are in their backyard playing Nascar, with power wheels, or something like that. But then that would be like the wrestling episode. But it would be funny. If they had those rednecks come to watch them race tricycles like Nascar, and Kenny dies in a explosive collision. :lol:
NinjaSkittles

Postby NinjaSkittles » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:00 pm

k, i just got an idea. In the preview clip Cartman says "I've learnd all there is to know about being poor and stupid." so what if cartman asked Kenny to train him on being poor and stupid? Probably not but i just thought of that.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:16 pm

You never know what is going to be hinted at in the eppy! That's what makes it exciting. Maybe Cartman isn't really driving with the big guys. Maybe he's pretending and we are seeing it through his eyes like we saw when the boys pretended to be ninjas. I can so see Cartman asking Kenny how to be poor though. :lol: We could all be wrong about how it turns out :mrgreen:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
NinjaSkittles

Postby NinjaSkittles » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:27 pm

true that. lol. with southpark you never know whats going to happen.

Postby 203177 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:40 pm

he might crash for going the wrong way. or it might be a dream
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:44 pm

That's what I was thinking: another dream of Cartman, and when he wakes up he's in his bed with Clyde Frog :)

You know what? So many preview clips I've seen over the seasons really do not give the plot of the episode away. I've seen clips and the pre-air threads, and sometimes posters get the plot spot on, but the majority of the posts turn out to be way off.

The clip is exciting. It looks good. But until the show airs on Wednesday, well we may be in for a pleasant surprise.

I even remember one scene in a Sunday clip that was actually cut in the final episode. So the wait continues; only a day and a half left to go :D

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”