*1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

SuckMyBallsJew

Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion

Postby SuckMyBallsJew » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:56 am

This has to be the only episode that I find Sheila's part humorous.
S- woww TittyBang!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rofl
Karlfred

Postby Karlfred » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:12 am

Brendle wrote:
southparkpresident wrote:I'm Brendle, Wahwahhwah. f*ck dude. Think positive.

I really want to like new South Park, but it just doesn't have the satirical edge to it that it used to.

I wanted there to be a moral to the tale to make up for the lack of humor in this episode. At least last week there was the message that NASCAR fans being dumb rednecks is a media stereotype and not to believe everything you hear.

There was just...nothing here. Nothing except "Hey that MTV reality show sucks!" We know it sucks, because it's on MTV. Such an easy target.

It's clear the South Park crew need to spend more time in the writers' room and less time in the animation room.

It seems my previous post didn't go through. Anyway, I agree with this poster. I've been a fan of Southpark ever since 1999 and I've seen all the episodes at least once - I loved the show for it's inventive, witty, satirical, subtle humor. Also for its indirectly poking fun at controversial and complex issues other TV shows don't bother getting into. Lately the humor has become, to my taste, rather shallow and blunt. The idea for this episode was alright, there were some humorous moments, but I think overall it was overkill. They could have made fun of the show in a more subtle, indirect way. They shouldn't have dedicated the entire episode to a blatantly direct attack on Jersey shore, not much to work with there. Honestly this script seems like it was written by a 12 year old. I miss the clever, canny humor - Knowing what Parker and Stone are capable of (just watch the past 13 seasons!), I am rather disappointed at the episodes of late.
ufcchick

Postby ufcchick » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:15 am

Only got into South Park in the last couple of years, but, "It's a Jersey thing" my favorite episode so far. I have watched Jersey Shore, because it is hilarious how the are, and this show was DEAD ON! I have watched this episode 3 times already! thankyou for the laughs :lol:
ps I think "Snooki smoosh smoosh" should come back from time to time and become an urban legend.
wizboy2k

Postby wizboy2k » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:27 am

"i saw the actual show and shookie is very pretty. its kinda dirty cause they swear alot. but i kinda like that show now."

I don't know if I would call her very pretty but I don't think she is quite as horrific as she is made out to be.
On another topic, maybe I'm some kind of robot but I never felt "uncomfortable" while Al-qaeda was brought up. I think I laughed the loudest when the planes crashed into the Jersey Pack. It was so incredibly ridiculous that there was no other reaction for me.
furrybutch

Postby furrybutch » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:38 am

203177 wrote:i saw the actual show and shookie is very pretty.

The only thing you can call prtteh is her push up bra.It is the one that puts Snooki on the:
"A** I would bang after 10 beers" list.
Who wants a super delish candy with a superextracalifragilistic rapeinduhass?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:33 am

tymeforgotten wrote:I was just curious... did not one get the les miserables reference? The barricades... flag waving... no one?

We already saw them in SP:BLU, where they were done much better, so no...

Karlfred wrote:
Brendle wrote:
southparkpresident wrote:I'm Brendle, Wahwahhwah. f*ck dude. Think positive.

I really want to like new South Park, but it just doesn't have the satirical edge to it that it used to.

I wanted there to be a moral to the tale to make up for the lack of humor in this episode. At least last week there was the message that NASCAR fans being dumb rednecks is a media stereotype and not to believe everything you hear.

There was just...nothing here. Nothing except "Hey that MTV reality show sucks!" We know it sucks, because it's on MTV. Such an easy target.

It's clear the South Park crew need to spend more time in the writers' room and less time in the animation room.

It seems my previous post didn't go through. Anyway, I agree with this poster. I've been a fan of Southpark ever since 1999 and I've seen all the episodes at least once - I loved the show for it's inventive, witty, satirical, subtle humor. Also for its indirectly poking fun at controversial and complex issues other TV shows don't bother getting into. Lately the humor has become, to my taste, rather shallow and blunt. The idea for this episode was alright, there were some humorous moments, but I think overall it was overkill. They could have made fun of the show in a more subtle, indirect way. They shouldn't have dedicated the entire episode to a blatantly direct attack on Jersey shore, not much to work with there. Honestly this script seems like it was written by a 12 year old. I miss the clever, canny humor - Knowing what Parker and Stone are capable of (just watch the past 13 seasons!), I am rather disappointed at the episodes of late.

Please post more of this in his thread (which I created for him because his posts were derailing the pre-air discussion thread)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
spfn321

Postby spfn321 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:47 am

I never type in blogs, but i feel rather strongly about this.

This new episode is the straw that breaks the cammel's back. Trey, Matt, you probably wont read this, but I hope you do.

I use to see this show and laugh my ass off. However, in later episodes of your career terrible things have happened; you killed/turned Chef into a pediphile. He represented a figure of wisdome and experience in an town run by ignorant hicks. He was a mentor to the boys, and deserved better. That's not all.

One of the all time most popular character's you ever made, One created early on and tickled the funny bone of all your fans, not like the new crap you just throw together. You turned my personal favorite, Towlie, into a cum guzzling drug fiend. He was good hearted in the biginning. Yes he was stoned and forgetful but also still inocent and that's what made him great. I wish my dissapointment ended there.

Some episodes seem like you just didn't care and were sniffing the glue while piecing pointless ideas together. I.E. - Pee, The F word, The Poop That took a Pee, Eat pray queef, and many more. Mostly from the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Now I realize that after some time ideas do not flow as easily, And I'll be the first to say you've managed to produce one of the most sucsessful shows for many years. It's unfair to think you could produce the same level of material consitantly. But after so much time, things degrade. Nothing lasts forever.

This last episode, It's a Jersy Thing, with Al'quida attacking on american soil and killing americans; I found disgusting. I am officially finished with south park. I had hoped that you might end on a high note but this tares it. You two are somewhat talented. You could write something else, you don't need SP. Let it go. There's no need for you to ride the train you've been on for so many years into a mountain of sh*t. Either way, I'm out. I hope you can channel yourself's elsewhere also.
Sincerely - spfn321
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:39 am

^ I thought you deleted my posts, Big-Will. Good to see you didn't. :D

It's disheartening to see only FLASHES of brilliance in the show these days. The scene in 201 where Barbara Streisand has a duet with Neil Diamond was hilarious.

I guess I'll have to rate this latest one above the NASCAR one: it had ONE scene that made me grin (the scene where Kyle transforms into a Jersey kid). That was classic South Park.

The rest was awful, IMO.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Jrk

Postby Jrk » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:20 pm

tymeforgotten wrote:I was just curious... did not one get the les miserables reference? The barricades... flag waving... no one?

"Beyond the Barricade there is a world you long to see!"

Yea, most episodes have at least 2-5 strong references. Besides Les Miserables, you had Teen Wolf when Kyle's mom was demanding him to open the door after they both transformed into Jersey Folk. Then there was the Star Wars Episode 4 reference (after Luke blows up the deathstar, the award ceremony) where Osama was being recognized for valliant efforts as if he was Han F#@%ing Solo, in the same manner that a Lay was placed around his neck like the medal in the movie. Snooky-Gremlins.

Addendum: And of course, Jersey Shore. Many of the random Jersians who charged on the barricade and had blips of dialogue were from the show. Along with the two sided, two faced interview setup.
Last edited by Jrk on Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jrk

Postby Jrk » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:38 pm

Now here is a question and topic. When no one else would help us why did the terrorist help us? Or better put, Why did the terrorists decide to blow up the Jersey folk?

Is MS&TP saying, "If Osama hated us before, get a load of these people."

or "These are the Americans that got us attacked."

maybe "Media is one of USA's largest exports (next to Guns) and what you produce represents you. If you're going to send out (scrpited) reality TV with plastic people pushed by producuers, those people will portray Americans to the rest of the world. If other countries have nothing but our media and foreign policy to base us off, then can you see why someone might think us to be materialistic?"
Peg

Postby Peg » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:44 pm

IKyman wrote:You thought of me when seeing that scene :mrgreen: I was squealing like crazy after seeing that part, I couldn't help it but re-played that scene over and over again :mrgreen:. Yes, they were a little occ, especially when Cartman thanked Kyle (which was super cute) really brave of him, even it is out of character. Anyway, I totally love, love it when Cartman pinches his cheek :mrgreen: I have gif from that scene. I will post it on the Kyman thread.
Fap, fap, fap.
Oh hi. So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato.
*slow clap*
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:16 pm

Who the freaking hell came up with the name "The Situation?" :timmy: :timmy: :timmy: :timmy: :timmy: :timmy:

From now on, my nickname is "The Present Circumstance."

I've never seen the show before, but pop culture is stupid and annoying? Gee, this is news to me. :roll:
DireWolf345

Postby DireWolf345 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:58 pm

:shock: Oh god its rapeing me! ITS RAPEING ME GUYS AHH!! >.< lmfao at that along with the three strikes lol your a ginger your a jew and your from jersey! Thats three strikes by my count kyle!
PETA-People Eating Tastey Animals

Postby 203177 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:37 pm

this will be my last say on here but im glad they brought back dogpoo and bill or fossie whoever that kid was. i dunno who else was in the group. but it was funny that cartman crapped on kyles door.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
JBgoode

Postby JBgoode » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:01 pm

Good 2 see Snooki being depicted not as a member of the human race but as a rape-happy animal creature. (since she looks like an animal in the first place)

This show is also dismissive of Jersey stereotypes, since all these stereotypical orange-skinned thugs are killed off toward the end.

Good to see the good Jersey-folk such as Frankie Valli, Bruce Springsteen & Patti Smith spared, since they absolutely abhor the way Jersey is depicted these days (i.e. thuggish, dildo-headed behaviour & spray-on tans (Mr. Valli got his tan the old-fashioned way, by lying on the beach in the sun) & bad taste) :lol:

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”