*1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

edrhodes
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: An all Jersey Shows Spoof... Instant Classic

Postby edrhodes » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:21 pm

dickrossxl wrote:This show spoofed Jerseyliscouis , The real housewives of NJ and Jersey Shore. This rocks and they Didn't Kill Kenny.. but Osama... Wow..

Best character was The Snookie.. they were so wrong for that


You need to learn how to spell correctly. I'm unaware of a programme called "Jerseyliscouis" but I can imagine that there may be one called "Jerseylicious" given the context. Poor spelling, punctuation and grammar makes you appear to be infantile and poorly educated. If you're typing it, there's no reason to make a mistake really, is there? There are plenty of spell-check options for you.
queso6p4
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:28 am

Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion

Postby queso6p4 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:32 pm

This is, by far, the funniest episode of the season. Kudos to Parker and Stone.
BRMBug
Posts: 18534
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:43 am

Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion

Postby BRMBug » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:32 pm

Grammar Nay-zee. Lol.
Brendle
Posts: 583
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Re: An all Jersey Shows Spoof... Instant Classic

Postby Brendle » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:02 pm

edrhodes wrote:
dickrossxl wrote:This show spoofed Jerseyliscouis , The real housewives of NJ and Jersey Shore. This rocks and they Didn't Kill Kenny.. but Osama... Wow..

Best character was The Snookie.. they were so wrong for that


You need to learn how to spell correctly. I'm unaware of a programme called "Jerseyliscouis" but I can imagine that there may be one called "Jerseylicious" given the context. Poor spelling, punctuation and grammar makes you appear to be infantile and poorly educated. If you're typing it, there's no reason to make a mistake really, is there? There are plenty of spell-check options for you.

You need to learn the following:

1. How to use correct grammar.

You wrote the following grammatically incorrect, rhetorical question: "If you're typing it, there's no reason to make a mistake really, is there?" There should be a comma between "mistake" and "really."

What you should have written is this: "If you're typing it, there's no reason to make a mistake, really. Is there?"

You also wrote: "There are plenty of spell-check options for you." Plenty is a singular noun, dipshit. Whether it is "are" or "is" does not depend on the plurality/singularity of the noun FOLLOWING "plenty of," it depends on the plurality/singularity of "plenty" itself.

A lot of people get this wrong. It's NOT "there are plenty of errors in an edrhodes post," it's "there's plenty of errors in an edrhodes post." It's NOT "there are a lot of errors in an edrhodes post," it's "there is a lot of errors in an edrhodes post." Lot is also a singular noun.

What a surprise, the grammar Nazi's grammar isn't perfect.

2. How to format your writing correctly.

You need to learn what paragraphing is and how it aids a reader.

When you start on a new idea, you usually start a new paragraph. When you started talking about the "Jersey" show, you should have started a new paragraph and then started another one after that once you returned to the topic of "poor grammar" (irony alert).

3. How to not be a stupid, condescending assh*le.

This one will take some time for you. The first two are easily remedied. But you can't learn how to not be a stupid, condescending assh*le from a textbook.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Dreynoch
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Dreynoch » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:43 am

I think this was one of Matt and Trey's most subtle messages ever. This was a very subtle return fire to the banning of 200 / 201 and the whole concept of no making fun of Islam.

Seriously, who thinks Matt and Trey would waste time on something like Jersey Shore/etc? This was a subtle way to address the growing grass roots movement around all western countries to stand up against Islamic Supremacy/atrocities. (i know some people who don't understand are going "all muslims aren't terrorists" right now. No kidding. But there ARE Islamic Supremacists).

There is a documented and very real movement in the world of hardliner Islamists who endeavor to take over non-islamic nations from the inside. Known as stealth Jihad, this is a very real threat, and this episode seemed, to me, to be a way of addressing this.

Of course there are always other minor points and such, as always, but this was the main theme i ended up seeing.

Eyes of the beholder perhaps, but ever since 200 and 201 got banned, along with Super Best Friends, which spawned Molly Norris' "Everybody Draw Muhammad Day" viral concept, a lot of people have woken up to this all, myself included at well into thousands of hours of research since last May.

Also keep in mind, Molly Norris does not exist anymore and no longer works at the paper she was a cartoonist for. She has changed her identity and gone into hiding, at her own expense.

;)
But certainly one of the funniest episodes around. I'm most of us can agree. And omg the al-qaeda strike... PMSL.
Brendle
Posts: 583
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Brendle » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:43 am

Dreynoch wrote:I think this was one of Matt and Trey's most subtle messages ever. This was a very subtle return fire to the banning of 200 / 201 and the whole concept of no making fun of Islam.

Seriously, who thinks Matt and Trey would waste time on something like Jersey Shore/etc? This was a subtle way to address the growing grass roots movement around all western countries to stand up against Islamic Supremacy/atrocities. (i know some people who don't understand are going "all muslims aren't terrorists" right now. No kidding. But there ARE Islamic Supremacists).

There is a documented and very real movement in the world of hardliner Islamists who endeavor to take over non-islamic nations from the inside. Known as stealth Jihad, this is a very real threat, and this episode seemed, to me, to be a way of addressing this.

Of course there are always other minor points and such, as always, but this was the main theme i ended up seeing.

Eyes of the beholder perhaps, but ever since 200 and 201 got banned, along with Super Best Friends, which spawned Molly Norris' "Everybody Draw Muhammad Day" viral concept, a lot of people have woken up to this all, myself included at well into thousands of hours of research since last May.

Also keep in mind, Molly Norris does not exist anymore and no longer works at the paper she was a cartoonist for. She has changed her identity and gone into hiding, at her own expense.

;)
But certainly one of the funniest episodes around. I'm most of us can agree. And omg the al-qaeda strike... PMSL.

You can't be SERIOUS. If you're serious...you should watch "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs," because that episode was made for people like you. People who read WAY too much into South Park.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Throbert McGee
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:56 am

Re: An all Jersey Shows Spoof... Instant Classic

Postby Throbert McGee » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:54 am

Brendle wrote:
edrhodes wrote:
You also wrote: "There are plenty of spell-check options for you." Plenty is a singular noun, dipshit.

A lot of people get this wrong.



Er, shouldn't this be "A lot of people GETS this wrong," by your own half-assed reasoning?

P.S. Note to ESL speakers who may be reading this: I'm just f*cking around with Brendle, because his explanation of English grammar was terrible. "There are plenty of options" is perfectly standard English.

In fact, all four of these sentences are correct:

"There is a lot of milk."
"There is lots of milk."
"There are a lot of apples."
"There are lots of apples."

In English, "milk" is a "mass noun", also known as a "non-count" noun -- these are rarely, if ever, used in the plural, and therefore, they almost always take singular verbs.

But "apple" is a "count noun" -- it can be either singular or plural ("apples"), and thus it takes a plural verb if you're talking about more than one apple.

And note that the singularity or plurality of the verb ("is" vs. "are") HAS NOTHING TO DO with whether one says "a lot" or "lots". It's the noun coming after "of" that matters. You say "is" because "milk" is singular, and you say "are" because "apples" is plural.
I don't mind if people call me a pervert...
...but I'd sooner die than be mistaken for a Democrat!

(-- conservative author Florence King, explaining why she doesn't identify as a "lesbian" even though she enjoys sex with other women)
Wii fit man
Posts: 11153
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: An all Jersey Shows Spoof... Instant Classic

Postby Wii fit man » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:56 am

Brendle wrote:
edrhodes wrote:
dickrossxl wrote:This show spoofed Jerseyliscouis , The real housewives of NJ and Jersey Shore. This rocks and they Didn't Kill Kenny.. but Osama... Wow..

Best character was The Snookie.. they were so wrong for that


You need to learn how to spell correctly. I'm unaware of a programme called "Jerseyliscouis" but I can imagine that there may be one called "Jerseylicious" given the context. Poor spelling, punctuation and grammar makes you appear to be infantile and poorly educated. If you're typing it, there's no reason to make a mistake really, is there? There are plenty of spell-check options for you.



3. How to not be a stupid, condescending assh*le.

This one will take some time for you. The first two are easily remedied. But you can't learn how to not be a stupid, condescending assh*le from a textbook.
Hypocrisy, it sure is fun, isn't it? You're the one arguing Oxford English and jamming your nose into other people's conversations. Am I doing that? Yes. But I admit that I'm an assh*le. I know I am.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Brendle
Posts: 583
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Re: An all Jersey Shows Spoof... Instant Classic

Postby Brendle » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:19 am

Throbert McGee wrote:
Brendle wrote:
edrhodes wrote:
You also wrote: "There are plenty of spell-check options for you." Plenty is a singular noun, dipshit.

A lot of people get this wrong.



Er, shouldn't this be "A lot of people GETS this wrong," by your own half-assed reasoning?

Let me preface this post by saying that I didn't once claim to have perfect grammar. I never pick apart people's grammar for no reason...I generally do it to grammar Nazis because I like to push people off their high horses.

Secondly, regarding your comment about "GETS this wrong." Um, I was being IRONIC, moron. How stupid are you?

You know the South Park episode where the Native Americans take the land of the South Park residents? That's called irony.

There aren't a whole lot of smart people on this forum.

Throbert McGee wrote:
"There is a lot of milk."
"There is lots of milk."
"There are a lot of apples."
"There are lots of apples."

NO. They're not all correct.

You don't say "There are a group in town." You say "There IS a group" because group is a singular noun. The word "PEOPLE" contained in the GROUP is plural.

When you add "of people" to "group" it doesn't suddenly CHANGE the singularity of "group." It doesn't suddenly CHANGE to "there are a group of people in town."

If you wouldn't ever say "there are a group in town," you wouldn't ever say "there are a group of people in town."

Similarly, you don't say "there are a lot of apples." You say "there IS a lot of apples."

Honestly, using your terrible argument, saying "there are an airplane of people on the runway" would be okay. LMAO. Retarded.

Throbert McGee wrote:And note that the singularity or plurality of the verb ("is" vs. "are") HAS NOTHING TO DO with whether one says "a lot" or "lots". It's the noun coming after "of" that matters. You say "is" because "milk" is singular, and you say "are" because "apples" is plural.

You don't even understand rudimentary English. You say ARE when you use the plural "lots" and IS when you use "lot." The subject in the sentence is "LOT," NOT the apples, because the lot CONTAINS the apples. The subject has to agree with the verb.

To sum up: lot and plenty act as the primary noun and therefore the subject.

P.S.: Amusing that your English is hilariously inconsistent. You begin your post by placing punctuation marks INSIDE a quotation (even if the punctuation mark wasn't part of the quotation) and later in your post you place it OUTSIDE the quotations.

Wii fit man wrote:Hypocrisy, it sure is fun, isn't it? You're the one arguing Oxford English and jamming your nose into other people's conversations. Am I doing that? Yes. But I admit that I'm an assh*le. I know I am.

How am I being a hypocrite? By "jamming [my] nose" into other people's conversations and arguing "Oxford English" I am being a condescending assh*le as well? I don't really see any hypocrisy there.

You say "jamming" as though their conversation was private and that chiming in with my opinion was unwarranted. It's a public forum, dumbass.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Stanluv25
Posts: 2832
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:32 am

Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Stanluv25 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:18 am

lol oh boy, grammar lessons. I can't stand grammar imperfections but I'll leave it up to you guys to point out the right and wrong. :lol:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
kfgg
Posts: 3105
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 12:12 am

Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion

Postby kfgg » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:21 am

I could be wrong, but I think this is the defining episode of season 14.

The defining episode usually has me talking, laughing at, and thinking about nonstop until the following week

In addition, as of Sunday, Comedy Central will re-air it EVERY NIGHT until Wednesday when 1410 premeres.

It's scheduled for
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday

It's also the top rated episode on I-Tunes for season 14. It got a crapload of press. It pissed a weight watchers program off, it got the real snooki to actually say "Snooki want smush smush", it got a news article on mtvnews. It was on TMZ. It was on Perez Hilton.com before it even aired. It was on radio station blogs. "South Park" was for a time one of Yahoo's trending searches last Thursday.
Stan and Kyle :)
Throbert McGee
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:56 am

Re: An all Jersey Shows Spoof... Instant Classic

Postby Throbert McGee » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:37 am

Brendle, let me just take this other guy's delicious hairy penis out of my mouth long enough to say that you, sir, are a total fаg.

P.S. In all honesty, I'm not actually sucking dick while I type this, although I just popped open a fresh can of New! Dick-Flavored Pringles®, which is the next best thing to actual fellatio. Once you pop, you can't stop!™
I don't mind if people call me a pervert...
...but I'd sooner die than be mistaken for a Democrat!

(-- conservative author Florence King, explaining why she doesn't identify as a "lesbian" even though she enjoys sex with other women)
Diabeteth
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:48 pm

Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Diabeteth » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:55 am

Wii fit man wrote:Hypocrisy, it sure is fun, isn't it? You're the one arguing Oxford English and jamming your nose into other people's conversations. Am I doing that? Yes. But I admit that I'm an assh*le. I know I am.

Heh. That's what I was thinking when I read that message you were replying to, but at the time it was the most recent message on this thread. I was hoping that if I completely ignored it, everyone else would do the same and the whole topic would be dropped.

So much for that.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Brendle
Posts: 583
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Re: An all Jersey Shows Spoof... Instant Classic

Postby Brendle » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:58 am

Throbert McGee wrote:Brendle, let me just take this other guy's delicious hairy penis out of my mouth long enough to say that you, sir, are a total fаg.

P.S. In all honesty, I'm not actually sucking dick while I type this, although I just popped open a fresh can of New! Dick-Flavored Pringles®, which is the next best thing to actual fellatio. Once you pop, you can't stop!™

LOL. Great rebuttal, dipshit. "Um...um...you're a...fag!"

This is the classic last resort of someone who has lost an argument.

As for your bizarre homosexual references...um...okay. I don't think you could own yourself any more than you have, so I'll just leave you be.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Throbert McGee
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:56 am

Re: An all Jersey Shows Spoof... Instant Classic

Postby Throbert McGee » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:17 am

Brendle wrote:This is the classic last resort of someone who has lost an argument.


Brendle, honestly, I realize I'm in over my head. You win. If I had a white flag, I'd wave it.

But in my defense, I'm sure plenty of people has did this mistake before when dealing with you.
I don't mind if people call me a pervert...
...but I'd sooner die than be mistaken for a Democrat!

(-- conservative author Florence King, explaining why she doesn't identify as a "lesbian" even though she enjoys sex with other women)

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests