*1410: Insheeption* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

NinjaSkittles

Re: *1410: Insheeption* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby NinjaSkittles » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:29 pm

I just saw the preview. This episode looks really good. I think this will be one of the best this season. Can't wait :)
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:19 pm

I can't imagine how they could combine animal hoarding and an Inception parody. Maybe they won't, but it would be interesting if they did.

For those who didn't see it and want to know, Inception is about people who break into dreams and steal ideas from people's minds. They are hired to plant an idea in somebody's head, which is really f*cking hard to do. There's also a sub-plot about the main character's wife, who jumped off a building because she thought she was dreaming. Again, no idea how hoarding could be fit into anything resembling that or vise-versa.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.

Postby 203177 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:25 pm

stan is in mr mackies dream as a kid this should be could. he looks so funny as a kid. :lol: i saw the clip on yt it looks pretty goood.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:01 pm

I wonder if we get to see other adults as kids, not just Mr. Mackey, m'kay?
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:02 pm

nwt000 wrote:I wonder if we get to see other adults as kids, not just Mr. Mackey, m'kay?

Probably. Who would miss the opportunity?
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Diabeteth

Postby Diabeteth » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:16 pm

nwt000 wrote:I wonder if we get to see other adults as kids, not just Mr. Mackey, m'kay?

Well, we know we won't see Kyle's mom... she lives in Jersey. :wink: I've wondered whether crazy stuff also happened in South Park's past, but seeing as this is clearly a dream... crazy shit happens in dreams, so it wouldn't mean anything.

Anyway, I dunno about this episode... I mean, an Inception parody is a good idea on its own, but they've been doing so many parodies that it gets kind of tiring.

As I usually do when I have that thought, I'll judge the episode on its own merits instead of "BLEH another parody!!!" Excuse me while I purge all memory of the movie/TV show parodies we've gotten.

.... Hey, this looks like it could be a really, really good episode! Is it Wednesday yet?
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:41 pm

My guess is that Stan won't actually be a hoarder, it'll just be a case of hypochondria due to all the freak shows about this topic. But it'll be a vehicle to get to the bottom of Mackey's hoarding.

The Inception tie in might have something to do with planting an idea in Mackey's dreams to help him get over it. Regardless, it seems the animators will have their hands full creating detailed, cluttered backgrounds for this episode.

You read it! You can't unread it!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:39 pm

Zazaban wrote:For those who didn't see it and want to know, Inception is about people who break into dreams and steal ideas from people's minds. They are hired to plant an idea in somebody's head, which is really f*cking hard to do...

That happened to me. That little exchange me & DVDA had in the random word thread had me dreaming about, uh... self mouth occupations. I woke up laughing btw.

Anyway, I wonder if we'll finally get to find out what Mr. Mackey's first name is? :D
Jake, M'kay?

Postby Jake, M'kay? » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:58 pm

BRMBug wrote:Anyway, I wonder if we'll finally get to find out what Mr. Mackey's first name is? :D

I bet it's Mickey.
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:15 am

...I bet you it's John or Phillip :roll:

Interesting. That's about all I can say right now.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Diabeteth

Postby Diabeteth » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:33 am

I went and read Wikipedia's summary of Inception. Then I went and found the TV Tropes page for it and read through that. I haven't seen the movie, but I expect to understand plenty of the episode's references.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Postby 203177 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:35 am

i wonder if this ep will have mr mackie as i kid throughout the whole ep?
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:53 am

I really hope we get to see other adults as kids Wed! It would be too cute and funny to see kid- Randy, kid-Sharon, kid-everyone! :D Animal hoarding or regular hoarding, I don't care which Stan has. But how can he hoard animals?? Unless he has some secret acre somewhere where all animals roam around or something lol.

I don't want to get too ahead of myself but this is really sounding like a good contender for 'best of season 14.'

Hurry Wed!!!!!
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Imgay4southpark

Postby Imgay4southpark » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:17 am

Bad Hoarders BAD! This one should be funny. I know people who have had issues with hoarding (sister and mom), im the only one in my family that doesnt hoard.

I got clothing, my DS, my camera and a Laptop. Thats all i need in life, besides good friends and something to eat.
Throbert McGee

Postby Throbert McGee » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:33 am

Hmmm, I wonder what era Mr. Mackie's childhood will be set in?

I mean, having him be a 4th grader during the Great Depression of the 1930s would sort of help to explain his hoarder tendencies, but would also make him over 80 years old now -- but then again, this is South Park, where the normal rules of aging don't apply.
I don't mind if people call me a pervert...
...but I'd sooner die than be mistaken for a Democrat!

(-- conservative author Florence King, explaining why she doesn't identify as a "lesbian" even though she enjoys sex with other women)

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”