*1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry...

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Brendle

Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Brendle » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:57 pm

Here's how I think the brainstorming went down:

- Hey you know that movie Inception? Why does everyone think it's so well-written? Just because it's complicated and hard to follow doesn't make it GOOD. We should rip on that.

- Hey yeah good idea. We'll make an overly complex plot and at the end have someone be like "Wow! That was so complex and COOL!"

- It'll all happen in a dream world, just like the movie. We'll make it super-ridiculous. Dreams within dreams within Matrices within dreams. We'll also add some other funny stuff**.

- Great...but how do we get into a dream world?

- Um...maybe one of the characters undergoes dream therapy to get to the bottom of one of their problems?

- Cool, but what could their problem be? It has to do with this whole storyline inside the dream world.

- What about a hoarding problem?

- Um...but that has nothing to do with Inception and all the dream crap. Why would we want two separate, unrelated plotlines?

- Well, we could use the basic irony that they clutter someone's subconscious with a bunch of useless garbage to cure their hoarding problem.

- Sweet. I think we've got a show. We can also do a few jokes about hoarding. What if someone thinks a farmer is hoarding animals?

- Yeah, cool. Okay, let's get started. But let's not make this as sh*tty as Poor and Stupid.

** Freddy Krueger/Pizza Delivery/Randy jokes.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
SirKerrek

Postby SirKerrek » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:01 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:8/10.

I wrestled for a while on whether it was 7.5 or 8 and went with my gut in the end. It started off very well and with a better third act it would have been great, but the third act was terrible.

I agree with your assessment of the third act. It was too rushed, and they had too many ideas floating around to try and end it so decisively in the home stretch. My roommate even predicted it'd be a two-parter, and I agreed with him; there were just a lot of things floating around unsolved by act two's close. (Plus he called that Pandemic would be a two-parter by the end of act one, and I thought that he might be a South Park Prophet, or have SP ESP or something.)

But we were both surprised.
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
no_one_special

Postby no_one_special » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:14 am

This episode was so awful that it actually made me angry. I turned off the TV thinking, "worst South Park *ever*. It didn't even feel like it was written by Parker and Stone. Giving Stan a compulsive disorder that is totally in conflict with everything that has ever developed for his character, just to segue into a lame one-trick-pony Inception joke? Come on, guys, you're way, way better than this.

1/10
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:24 am

Brendle wrote:Here's how I think the brainstorming went down:

- Hey you know that movie Inception? Why does everyone think it's so well-written? Just because it's complicated and hard to follow doesn't make it GOOD. We should rip on that.

- Hey yeah good idea. We'll make an overly complex plot and at the end have someone be like "Wow! That was so complex and COOL!"

- It'll all happen in a dream world, just like the movie. We'll make it super-ridiculous. Dreams within dreams within Matrices within dreams. We'll also add some other funny stuff**.

- Um...maybe one of the characters undergoes dream therapy to get to the bottom of one of their problems?

- Cool, but what could their problem be? It has to do with this whole storyline inside the dream world.

- Um...but that has nothing to do with Inception and all the dream crap. Why would we want two separate, unrelated plotlines?

- Well, we could use the basic irony that they clutter someone's subconscious with a bunch of useless garbage to cure their hoarding problem.

- Sweet. I think we've got a show. We can also do a few jokes about hoarding. What if someone thinks a farmer is hoarding animals?

- Yeah, cool. Okay, let's get started. But let's not make this as sh*tty as Poor and Stupid.

Brendle, I hate you!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:41 am

- Cool, but what could their problem be? You know, something that hints at some sort of memory that you can use memory regression to get to so we can get to the dream?

- Ahh, like that stupid TV show?

- Yeah.

- Sweet. I think we've got a show. We can also do a few jokes about hoarding. What if someone thinks a farmer is hoarding animals? Instead of herding? Sheep herder?

- Yeah, cool. Okay, let's get started.

Edited for moar realism.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Grievous George

Postby Grievous George » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:02 am

I loved the episode but I miss Mohammed! For Christ's sake, that moron that threatened Matt and Trey is now going to jail! The world's a safer place to live in...get your heads out of your asses Comedy Central!

Postby 203177 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:47 am

no that muslim dude is going to jail. i will never forget the moment randy marsh was a butterfly. best sp moment ever!
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Editor

Postby Editor » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:47 am

I loved the movie Inception. I litereally had dreams about it. The plot is deep. If you look at the plot point-by-point it is going to fall apart. The movie's message is far greater than the sum of its parts.

The South Park episode was equal to the sum of its parts... and It was pure awesome.

10/10
D3FO3

Postby D3FO3 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:25 am

@ editor

I agree. I think its refreshing to know concepts like inception are reaching blockbuster commercial air. It seems like the intention behind all of its criticisms here are only serving to refine or to more clearly define it's notions or philosophy better. It's a shame that these forums are not being used to do so with out having to either boast or blow up the structure of SP plot lines. (speaking for myself.) But I guess this place functions as a clear voice as to what true fans are thinking about current episodes. I for one cannot critique the show being that it has enlightened my life from the beginning. Maybe if I cared enough to keep the show as amazing as it is I would objectively observe its essence. In my quiet world of TV ignorance there's The Simpsons, South Park, and everything else. I don't know what to say about this or any other SP episode other than thank you to everyone who is working so hard to keep the show as outstanding as it is. :santa:

Postby 203177 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:49 am

hopefully the next ep will be good too
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
M00ndragon69

Re: LOL

Postby M00ndragon69 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:13 am

TakeYaOrdahPwease wrote:Best part: Freddie Krueger as Arnold Schwarzenegger in Commando. It's like 2 80's movies parodies in 1.

Loved the Nightmare on Elmstreet reference too. I have been a fan of those movies for a really long time.
furrybutch

Postby furrybutch » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:22 am

Wow,this is such an eye opener for me.It opens my eyes of how much of a f*cktard you really are.
Nobody said you couldn't have your own opinion,but aren't you crossing over the line a bit?If you don't like carrots leave out there on the plates,don't start whining about how it gives you gas for 30 minutes.
If you didn't catch the last part allow me to dumb it down for you.
You :Oh my god,you seen the last episode of South Park?Totally sh*t.I'm gonna rip on it because critizing it makes me forget about my baby-sized penis and how everyone spits on me IRL.
Insheeption?WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?The movie rocked a** and if they dissagree they sure are idiots.
FACT:Because I LIKED THE MOVIE,everyone who begs to differ is a chupacabra with sticks for a brain.
Who wants a super delish candy with a superextracalifragilistic rapeinduhass?
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:48 am

LOL, so just because I have a different opinion, I have a "baby-sized penis" and I'm a "f*cktard?"

Oh, and people also spit on me IRL.

Can you 13-year-olds stop trying to insult me? It's embarrassing.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
caspianrex

Postby caspianrex » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:02 pm

I really enjoyed that episode. It was tightly plotted, and had several good gags. My favorite was the dream expert who kept beatboxing the background music. Also, I loved the moment where he was regressing them, "you see a cloud, etc.," and then lets out a scream, only to say he got a really scary gas bubble. Hilarious! Finally, working Freddy Kreuger in was brilliant.

A vast improvement over last week's stupid Jersey-themed episode...
JamesBray

Postby JamesBray » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:51 pm

Awesome episode! I didn't like it much at first, but after a few more viewings I realized how funny and well written this episode is. It's always like that for new South Park episodes for me.
Favorite Character: Jimmy
Favorite Episode: Krazy Kripples

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”