*1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry...

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:51 am

I'm as clueless about this as you are. I haven't seen the uncensored versions of the past three episodes. :(
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
D3FO3

Postby D3FO3 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:53 am

That College Humor skit is definitely inspired by South Parks' sense of humor. I would apologize for taking back what was rightfully mine too.

As for the evolution of the show . . . same as it ever was... same as it ever was.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:49 am

SlipKoRnsTein wrote:Very good episode of South Park to me is getting better, more impressive, I wish that this series will last forever ...
:wink:

Me too. I want those 13 years everyone else had as a fan!! lol
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
NG2NATE

Postby NG2NATE » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:26 am

pretty funny episode was surprised to see freddy krueger though but it made the episode even better
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:28 am

Jake, M'kay? wrote:Matt and Trey apologize for borrowing from a College Humor video for Incepton parody: http://www.avclub.com/articles/south-park-creators-apologize-for-borrowing-from-c,46720/

So I'm guessing there's no "dollar-theaters" out around La-lawood. 'Cause there's a couple of those, plus some first-runs around here that still have it.
Herzy_fied

Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry...

Postby Herzy_fied » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:04 pm

why does it say--we're sorry?

is it cos of the inception thing
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:42 pm

BRMBug wrote:
Jake, M'kay? wrote:Matt and Trey apologize for borrowing from a College Humor video for Incepton parody: http://www.avclub.com/articles/south-park-creators-apologize-for-borrowing-from-c,46720/

So I'm guessing there's no "dollar-theaters" out around La-lawood. 'Cause there's a couple of those, plus some first-runs around here that still have it.

You think they could be bothered to leave the office and go to a cinema? They have six days to make the episode.

Whenever they have to watch a movie/show they want to parody, they either watch it online or order the DVD to their office.

I'm really hoping this was all an honest mistake. I mean...Matt and Trey...they seem like guys who are completely against joke-stealing, by principle. They take pride in writing their own stuff.

I think the lesson they should take from this College Humor debacle is that they should MOVE away from parodies because chances are, the Internet has already MADE the parody. Original stories (unlike the last two episodes) and original characters (unlike Freddy Krueger), please.

Time to make some timeless episodes again, South Park.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:30 pm

Herzy_fied wrote:why does it say--we're sorry?

is it cos of the inception thing

'Cause I edited the title, and they should be sorry, and they should apologize to us just like they did to College Humor.

And they have NO excuse for not searching Moviefone for theaters still showing Inception. I just checked it now and found it still playing at

Culver Plaza Theater, which is really close to the Studios.

Pacific's Sherman Oaks 5, still easy to get to.

And theaters in Pasadena, Alhambra, and Norwalk, all within 25 miles (half an hour to 40 minutes) of the Studios. I don't blame anyone for dropping this show now...
a former viewer wrote:I appreciate that one week after I decide to give up on South Park for good comes the best possible confirmation that that was absolutely the right decision.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
iloveyouguys

Postby iloveyouguys » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:13 pm

Oh fucking lord.
This is my signature. I made it small so anyone who tries to read it has to copy and paste the text somewhere else only to find that it isn't interesting at all. Congratulations. Also, fuckshitcockassbitchtitspenisfagskankwhorecuntpoop.
Jake, M'kay?

Postby Jake, M'kay? » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:54 pm

I think thier apology, honsetly, is a bunch of bull. They thought those were lines from the movie? Please. It's obious they were to lazy to either go to a second run movie theater or pirate it.

Also, this implying that they haven't even seen the movie. They were critisizing a movie they haven't even seen.

I mean, I forgive them and all, but this whole debacle pretty much sums up South Park lately: lazy.
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:13 pm

Wait, so not only did they "parody" something they didn't even see, they resorted to collegehumor.com as a source of comedy?

It reminds me of the Carlos Mencia bit in the gayfish episode.

I could deal with the hit-or-miss quality of recent seasons, but this is rock bottom. I can't bring myself to watch the collegehumor video in comparison to the episode.

You made TV history, guys. Now it's time to gracefully bow out, and enjoy your millions and maybe do some charity work for crippled kids or something.
agustina0407

Postby agustina0407 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:35 pm

I couldn't believe when I read this. Wow.
This just makes me very sad :(
South Park es lo más! ♥
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:47 pm

Pip Tweek wrote:Wait, so not only did they "parody" something they didn't even see, they resorted to collegehumor.com as a source of comedy?

It reminds me of the Carlos Mencia bit in the gayfish episode.

I could deal with the hit-or-miss quality of recent seasons, but this is rock bottom. I can't bring myself to watch the collegehumor video in comparison to the episode.

You made TV history, guys. Now it's time to gracefully bow out, and enjoy your millions and maybe do some charity work for crippled kids or something.

They should just make feature films now.

They probably HAVE seen Inception, but they can't remember the dialogue from it.

I was in denial yesterday because I'm a South Park fan but...South Park knowingly stole jokes from the Internet.

They are officially Carlos Mencia.
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:51 pm

Wow, just wow. Was going to give this 6/10 because I enjoyed it even though it was only 'eh', and the first act had a couple of great lines. But I'm dropping it to 0/10 now that I find out it was both plagiarized and attacking a film they didn't even bother to watch. I agree with above, they have hit rock bottom and they need to stop while they still have some dignity, however little they have left.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:00 am

It's really sad to see this. South Park has never stooped this low before.

It's like when your grandpa shows first signs of Alzehimer's :(

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”