*1411: Coon 2: Hindsight* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Peg

Re: *1411: Coon 2: Rise of Captain Hindsight* Pre-Air Discus

Postby Peg » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:46 pm

'Why can't it be Mosquito and friends?'
I don't think Kyle is that egocentric to ask that. And the way Mosquito asks it is rather calm, just like Craig. XD But it is indeed discussable.

Edit: Heh, now all of a sudden it sounds like Butters lol. D:
Oh hi. So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato.
*slow clap*
Southparkfan135

Postby Southparkfan135 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:11 pm

Hm, this episode looks like it could be really cool! Can't wait to see it. I am soo glad the Coon and Mysterion are coming back and that other kids have superhero alter egos, too. I hope we are going to finally find out who Mysterion is!
Sorry for my bad English...
SirKerrek

Postby SirKerrek » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:39 pm

Ha! I knew there'd be an oil spill episode. I just wasn't expecting to see The Coon in all of his glory ever again!

This should be awesome (provided, of course, if they don't steal any more scenes, shame on them).
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
JVM

Postby JVM » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:03 pm

The identities are easy to figure out. Let's start with the obvious ones...

"The Coon" is Cartman.

"Tool" is Stan.

"Extreme Avenger" is Token.

Now for the harder ones.

"Lokai" (Costume looks like the Star Trek character 'Lokai') has that unique color of orange-blonde hair that only Kenny and Bradley have. I'm pretty sure it's Kenny since I can't honestly see Matt and Trey using Bradley in an episode as anything more than "random kid #1"

"Mosquito" has a nasaly voice akin to Matt Stone's renditions of Craig Tucker and Kevin Stoley, who sound nearly alike. Really nothing to send me either way - I am a Kevin fan, but Craig is a more likely candidate, yet Cartman's response sounds more like the kind he'd give Kevin. But he and Craig do hate each other.

"Tank Kid" is Timmy. It's a bit hard to tell, but he has that squeezed head and in the preview when the Coon yells at Mosquito if you look carefully on the right you can see his wheelchair from the back.

"Kite Kid" is impossible to determine for now, but notably, turn the t into a k. Or notice the larger headpiece. It may just be Kyle. But of course, the kite theme seems more like something Butters would go for.

This leaves Jason, Tweek, Francis and Clyde totally unaccounted for, and possibly Craig or Kevin and Kenny or Bradley free. Butters is "Professor Chaos" but may choose a second identity. Pip is dead, so cross him off. Bill, Terrance, Fosse and Dog Poo haven't been used in ages but may get picked for the sake of scaring the sh*t out of us. Also it may be Wendy, since as she said, "How do [we] even know Mysterion is a boy?" but I find it unlikely.

However, out of those characters, I'd say Craig, Kenny and Clyde are the only Mysterion candidates, and since Craig and Kenny may be in use, there's a possibility we've already confirmed Clyde as "Mysterion".

HOWEVER,

All of our efforts and clues could be worthless if Matt and Trey emply the extended ending to "The Coon" in the beginning as a sort of flashback sequence - this makes both the fourth grade class and "I said so before" clues invalid, meaning Mysterion could easily be a minor character we haven't seen in years.

[As you can see, I have far, far too much time on my hands.]
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.

Postby 203177 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:28 pm

yay another coon ep and mysterion but if stan or the others are not mysterion then who is? maybe they will reveal him. it must be clyde cause i dont see him. im looking foward to this one very much. i wonder who are they gonna fight this time?
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
snookimonster

Postby snookimonster » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:50 pm

JVM wrote:However, out of those characters, I'd say Craig, Kenny and Clyde are the only Mysterion candidates, and since Craig and Kenny may be in use, there's a possibility we've already confirmed Clyde as "Mysterion".

True, unless the Kite Kid is Clyde or he appears somewhere else in the episode.
NinjaSkittles

Postby NinjaSkittles » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:56 pm

Now, I know many people have already done this, but oh well. I just feel like writing out whom I think each super hero is.

Kay, so I know for sure that...
"Coon" = Cartman (obviously)
"Tool" = Stan
"Extreme Avenger" = Token
And i'm pretty sure that the guy in the tin outfit is Timmy because you can see his wheelchair.

Now, of the main male children of southpark, this leaves: Kyle, Kenny, Butters, Tweek, Craig, Clyde, and Jimmy. Those are like the more main male characters then others. (excuse my bad grammer)

"Misquito" I think is either Craig or Kyle because of the voice. I would say more Craig, but the way cartman responded to "misquito" was more like how he would respond to kyle, although cartman would respond that way to Craig.

The kite guy. I have no clue who that would be..

The other dude with half his face covered. I think that's Kenny because his face is covered soo..

Mysterion. No clue. Maybe Clyde? or craig idk.

Now for the "Captian Hindsight." I don't know who that would be. I'm gearing more for... hmm, i dont know

Yeah, the last few i'm not sure who those would be. Anyways, wow this was a long post. haha, the longest I've ever had. And yeah, I'm really excited for this episode :D Can't wait!!!
snookimonster

Postby snookimonster » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:05 pm

JVM wrote:HOWEVER,

All of our efforts and clues could be worthless if Matt and Trey emply the extended ending to "The Coon" in the beginning as a sort of flashback sequence - this makes both the fourth grade class and "I said so before" clues invalid, meaning Mysterion could easily be a minor character we haven't seen in years.

[As you can see, I have far, far too much time on my hands.]

I agree. If they do emply the extending ending it would make the "I said so before" clue invalid however Mysterion said that he thought Kyle was the smartest kid in class therefore he is a kid in Mr. Garrison's class.

And since you brought up the deleted scene, am I the only one who thinks it's possible the Mysterion we see in the preview might be Kyle posing as Mysterion kind of like what he did in the cut scene of the Coon? That's of course if he isn't the Kite Kid or possiblely Captain Hindsight.

P.S. Sorry for double posting. I'm new on the board and I don't know how to multipost.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:11 pm

Maybe Kyle is not in that picture i think he might be Captain Hindsight, i think kite kid or whoever that is might be Butters or it could be Tweek or maybe kevin gah just have to wait i guess.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:21 pm

snookimonster wrote:P.S. Sorry for double posting. I'm new on the board and I don't know how to multipost.

First, someone posted before you had a chance to double post, so you didn't double post :)

Second, what you do is merely edit your original post; then you won't double post :)

JVM wrote:This leaves Jason, Tweek, Francis and Clyde totally unaccounted for, and possibly Craig or Kevin and Kenny or Bradley free. Butters is "Professor Chaos" but may choose a second identity.Pip is dead, so cross him off. Bill, Terrance, Fosse and Dog Poo haven't been used in ages but may get picked for the sake of scaring the sh*t out of us. Also it may be Wendy, since as she said, "How do [we] even know Mysterion is a boy?" but I find it unlikely.

Pip died in "201" but like Kenny in the first few years of the show, Kenny always came back in the next episode. So who says that just because Pip died in "201" that Pip can't be Mysterion???? :D

However, from Big-Will's spscriptorium:

Big-Will on his own site under secrets of "201" wrote:Fans have been wondering about Pip, since he was such a memorable character in the early seasons. After he got his own episode in season 4, he disappeared from the class, and fans of him were wondering when he'd return.

Well, Matt and Trey finally brought him back... and killed him off. Don't look for him to become a second Kenny. Matt and Trey said early on that they hated Charles Dickens, so they never liked his books. They hated Pip.
MoonBear44

Postby MoonBear44 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:50 pm

Gonna be a GREAT EPISODE!!! Coon, Mysterion, and Professor Chaos among others. Everyone wonders who Mysterion is, but what about Captain Hindsight? Who will that be? And what will he do?

Can NOT wait!!! Should be EPIC!!! :D :D
Hydroleaf

Postby Hydroleaf » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:06 pm

I knew it! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!! I KNEW IT!!! I knew the next new episode was going to be related to The Coon! YES! I'm PSYCHIC!!

Now that I got that little bit of joy out of my system, I can't wait to see this episode! I wonder if Mysterion will be revealed... Also, who is Mosquito?! His voice doesn't sound very familiar (though it sounds kinda like a Craig and Kyle hybrid). I think he's just some random kid Matt and Trey stuffed in. Actually, Stan, Cartman, Token, and Timmy are the only boys that can be identified clearly out of the hero group; the other ones are a mystery to me. For some reason, I think Kyle is Captain Hindsight. I can't wait to watch the episode and find out who is who, though...
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:13 pm

First off- TOKEN!!!

Okay, had to say that. :mrgreen: So excited to finally see and hear Token again! He will finally have a role! Hopefully. This episode looks really awesome. Coon and Friends, love it. It is an interesting combination of boys working with Cartman. Beside Stan, you never really see the others around him. I wonder how he got to round up Token and Craig on his side! I was about to ask about Butters but he's Prof. Chaos so... maybe he'll join him later. Kenny and Kyle don't seem to be there so that is intriguing... maybe Captain Hindsight is Kyle and they fight him off only for Stan to realize who he's been fighting all this time...? The possibilities are endless.

Anyway, this looks soooo good, I am so excited to see these boys working together! WHOOP! :mrgreen:

PS: This eliminates Stan as Mysterion. Awww, he was the perfect fit. :( Ahhh, he still is him in my eyes.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:03 am

Professor Chaos is probably "behind" the oil spill and is working on his plan of gloom and doom (with Gen. Dissaray of course) :mrgreen:

Ahem. So there's:

Cartman-The Coon
Stan- The Tool :wink:
Bradley
Token
Clyde-The Mosquito :lol:
I've narrowed down Mysterion to either Kenny or Clyde

Captian Hindsight is also bugging me...Perhaps that is Kyle's name? :?

Somewhere: Kevin, Jimmy, and Tweek (I don't think Timmy will be appearing and Ike might be too young:/)

and By any chance did I also see the Antonio Bendaraz blow up doll as "Superman"? :P
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:12 am

Really, nobody else thinks Mosquito sounds like Kevin Stoley? Don't expect it to be him, but it does sound like him. Still more like Craig.

Pip died in "201" but like Kenny in the first few years of the show, Kenny always came back in the next episode. So who says that just because Pip died in "201" that Pip can't be Mysterion????

Pip's only spoken twice since Season 4, in "Professor Chaos" and "201". As Matt and Trey said in the commentaries during the fifth season, Butters pretty much took his place. Pip won't be coming back any time soon.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”