*1411: Coon 2: Hindsight* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

SgtFeather

Re: *1411: Coon 2: Hindsight* Post-Air Discussion

Postby SgtFeather » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:27 pm

When I watched the episode last night, I thought I had a pretty clear idea of who everyone was. However, after reading some of the comments, I'm not so sure :!: Before, I thought the list went as followed:

*Stan-Toolshed
*Token- Tupperware Man
*Timmy- Iron Maiden
Mysterion- Clyde
Mosquito- Kyle (long, big nose like a Jew, disagreement with Coon's idea, brawl with Cartmen)
Kite- Kenny (when Stan had the Coon signal go off in his house, the first superhero shown at the door was Toolshed. When the signal went off in Kenny's house, the first superhero shown was Kiteman, even though others followed)
Mintberry Crunch- Bradley (hairstyle)

Now, with the water argument about Kenny mentioned earlier, along with a few other convincing arguments, another possible list for me would be:

Mintberry Crunch- Kenny
Kite-Kyle
Mosquito- Bradely (though I'm still not fully convinced on this)
Mysterion- Clyde

Now, about the actual episode. I thought it was an ok episode. Not hilarious, but laughable (loved the Clockwork Orange reference). The political satire of the episode also hit a pretty good note. Another thing I'm excited about for next week is the encounter with the different dimension monsters. According to the preview thats been shown on CC, Kyle, Stan, and Butters appear stranded with some dancing mosquito things. Now with the fact that the kids seem to be in costume for most of the episode, I can see them being in there costume while being stranded for the actual episode (though I hope Butters is still with them. However, why would they have brought Prof. Chaos?) Looking forward to next week!

Postby 203177 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:33 pm

this ep sucked 6/10 hopefully part 2 is better. i only liked the ending. but is clyde mysterion or kenny? bradley has to be that mint berry crunch dude. kyle was that mosquito guy. but kenny was that kite dude. so my answer wraps up clyde.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:48 pm

203177 wrote:this ep sucked 6/10

Damn, you have high standards. Anything below a 5 would suck, but 6 looks okay to me.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Postby 203177 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:04 pm

here's a screen shot i took of the boys watching tv. so this is who i think is mysterion http://s494.photobucket.com/albums/rr30 ... ecoon2.jpg

kyle is mosquito, stan is the tool dude, bradley is that mint berry crunch dude, kenny is the kite, token is the tupper ware man, timmy is the iron maiden, so my answer is 100 sure than clyde is our answer that he is mysterion.

neocarleen

Postby neocarleen » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:13 pm

There'll be no for-sure proof until next week's episode, so everything is just speculation. But here's my analysis:
Toolshed, Tupperware, and Iron Maiden are obvious. That just leaves Mintberry Crunch, Mosquito, The Human Kite, and Mysterion.

I'm sure Bradley is Mintberry Crunch. Their hair is identical. Kenny also had blonde hair, but it's messier. Kenny is also the most sexually knowledgeable and experienced of the boys. This is the kid who snorted cat pee and hallucinated a Large-breasted Woman. I have to give him a little credit and trust he wouldn't dress up as a breakfast cereal and act so juvenile about it. I also think the water in the dinner is a red herring, like Clyde sleeping in class in "The Coon". Sure, Kenny does order water at restaurants, but that doesn't excuse the fact that their personalities just don't match up. That just leaves Clyde, Kyle and Kenny as The Mosquito, Human Kite and Mysterion.

I don't think Kyle could be Mosquito. Although he and The Coon argue throughout the episode similar to how Cartman and Kyle argue, Kyle wouldn't let Cartman beat the crap out of him, without fighting back. Even afterwards, in the diner, he just surrenders to what Coon wants. Kyle wouldn't act that way. And Kenny can't be Mosquito, because Mosquito said he almost got in trouble for the Coon alarm before Kenny's parent's heard it go off. That would leave only Clyde as Mosquito. Clyde would make sense, since they both have a nasally voice.

So that would leave Kyle and Kenny to be Mysterion and The Human Kite. However, Kyle CAN'T be Mysterion, since he was in his presence twice in the first episode "The Coon". So that just leaves Kenny to be Mysterion and Kyle as The Human Kite. The Human Kite's voice also sounds very similar to Kyle's.

So, to sum up: Bradley is Mintberry Crunch, Clyde is Mosquito, Kyle is The Human Kite, and Kenny is Mysterion.
LilNugget

Postby LilNugget » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:17 pm

neocarleen wrote:There'll be no for-sure proof until next week's episode, so everything is just speculation. But here's my analysis:
Toolshed, Tupperware, and Iron Maiden are obvious. That just leaves Mintberry Crunch, Mosquito, The Human Kite, and Mysterion.

I'm sure Bradley is Mintberry Crunch. Their hair is identical. Kenny also had blonde hair, but it's messier. Kenny is also the most sexually knowledgeable and experienced of the boys. This is the kid who snorted cat pee and hallucinated a Large-breasted Woman. I have to give him a little credit and trust he wouldn't dress up as a breakfast cereal and act so juvenile about it. I also think the water in the dinner is a red herring, like Clyde sleeping in class in "The Coon". Sure, Kenny does order water at restaurants, but that doesn't excuse the fact that their personalities just don't match up. That just leaves Clyde, Kyle and Kenny as The Mosquito, Human Kite and Mysterion.

I don't think Kyle could be Mosquito. Although he and The Coon argue throughout the episode similar to how Cartman and Kyle argue, Kyle wouldn't let Cartman beat the crap out of him, without fighting back. Even afterwards, in the diner, he just surrenders to what Coon wants. Kyle wouldn't act that way. And Kenny can't be Mosquito, because Mosquito said he almost got in trouble for the Coon alarm before Kenny's parent's heard it go off. That would leave only Clyde as Mosquito. Clyde would make sense, since they both have a nasally voice.

So that would leave Kyle and Kenny to be Mysterion and The Human Kite. However, Kyle CAN'T be Mysterion, since he was in his presence twice in the first episode "The Coon". So that just leaves Kenny to be Mysterion and Kyle as The Human Kite. The Human Kite's voice also sounds very similar to Kyle's.

So, to sum up: Bradley is Mintberry Crunch, Clyde is Mosquito, Kyle is The Human Kite, and Kenny is Mysterion.

*golf applause*

I agree 100% and like some of your reasoning better than my own, nice sleuthing!
Timmy!
Levente

Postby Levente » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:22 pm

This is a great episode, I enjoyed the first Coon and was worried when I heard this episode had a political edge but my fears were unfounded, it was very funny and a great follow-up. I thought the ‘Sorry’ bit was hilarious.

Ok so there are six possibilities in regards to identities.
Kyle is Mosquito, Clyde is Mysterion, Kenny is Kiteman and Bradley is MBerry
Kyle is Mosquito, Clyde is Mysterion, Kenny is MBerry and Bradley is Kiteman
Kyle is Mosquito, Clyde is Kiteman, Kenny is Mysterion and Bradley is MBerry
Kyle is Kiteman, Clyde is Mosquito, Kenny is Mysterion and Bradley is MBerry
Kyle is Kiteman, Clyde is Mysterion, Kenny is Mosquito and Bradly is MBerry
Kyle is Kiteman, Clyde is Mysterion, Kenny is MBerry and Bradley is Mosquito
Without analysing the episode content Mysterion has a 4/6 chance of being Clyde and 2/6 of being Kenny.
I’d tend to agree that Kyle wouldn’t likely let himself get beat up, so I favour him being Kiteman. And I don’t think Mysterion or the Mosquito have been shown to act characteristically as Clyde or Kenny do, so I don’t think analysing their mannerisms helps us deduce anything.
I guess I favor Kenny being Mint Berry due to the water.
Last edited by Levente on Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neocarleen

Postby neocarleen » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:29 pm

LilNugget wrote:
*golf applause*

I agree 100% and like some of your reasoning better than my own, nice sleuthing!

*bows*

Thank you.
darthjinxxx

Re: *1411: Coon 2: Hindsight* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby darthjinxxx » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:32 pm

natu4u03 wrote:
Kymanlicious wrote:Token - Tupperware
Bradley - Mint Berry Crunch
Clyde - Mosquito
Kyle - Human Kite
Kenny - Mysterion

First two are obvious, and we know who Timmy, Cartman and Stan are. Human Kite talks like Kyle (watch enough episodes and you catch onto these things), and faintly sounds like him, past the macho-man gruff thing he's trying to pull off. Which leaves only two, Clyde and Kenny. Now, unless Matt and Trey are messing with us and making it look like one thing when it's really the other, then Kenny is Mysterion and Clyde is Mosquito. From what I know of Clyde, that's how he talks, and I doubt Kenny's mom makes lemon bars. So... I guess that makes Kenny even more awesome then he already was. Yaaaaay Kenny.

Can't wait for part two! :D

Sorry to break it to you. Neither kyle or Kenny are any of those characters. Remember when Stan said "Okay guys i guess we should Go get our costumes on." There was the same amount of people to the same amount of Superheros and neither Kyle or kenny were in the room. Mosquito does not sound like clyde at all. He sounds like krieg if anyone, But he isn't clyde. Mysterion Is most likely Clyde.

UMMMMMMM both of them are there sorry to break it to YOU! And Kenny is Mysterion its sooooo obvious
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:56 pm

It's not ridiculous of me to say that I know Cartman well and Matt and Trey have seemed to have forgotten.

They essentially said Steven Spielberg forgot who Indiana Jones was.

"But Cartman has ALWAYS been evil!!!! Rememba when he fed Scott his parents????" Yes, I do remember. It was a very shocking episode. I could not believe my eyes and ears that Cartman would do such a thing and that's why it was hilarious.

Nowadays, it would not shock me in the slightest if Cartman did something like that. Because they've taken his evilness and made it a NORM, which was just a horrid, horrid mistake.

The only time Cartman makes me laugh anymore these days is when he's being an innocent, harmless kid (when he was dragged, kicking and screaming, from the Coon's basement by his mother). And when he's in the car and he sighs irritably..."Unbelievable!"
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:06 pm

kfgg wrote:Cartman beating someone up as The Coon? Nah. Not at all. I can tell you that the 2 that were beat up by Cartman were not Kyle or even Kenny, because both of them and Wendy have beat the crap out of Cartman himself.

Um...there's a difference between beating people up and SLASHING THEM in the face with sharp blades, making them bleed everywhere.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.

Postby 203177 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:10 pm

i know clyde is. who else would it be? :lol: but lets see part 2 first

NinjaSkittles

Postby NinjaSkittles » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:24 pm

Great Episode. Second favourite episode this season. It was funny and it had a lot of the kids in it, which is great! It has Timmy,Token, and Clyde, three who we haven't seen in a while. Wait, scratch that, we saw timmy in Crippled Summer. But it had Token and Clyde, two who we haven't seen in a while. And then it had Stan, Kyle, Cartman and Kenny. And some blonde kid whom I don't know.

The parts I found funny was the burning building scene, coon vs musquito scene, and when cartman was being dragged out of the basement by his mom. I liked a lot of the other scene's too, but those were my favourite ones. And I love how Butter's was just randomly locked up in a cage. LMAO I laughed at that part too.

Kay, so I know many of people have done this already but I'm gonna do it too.

Well, I know that~
Tool Shed= Stan
Tupper Ware= Token
Coon= Cartman
Iron Person= Timmah

So, the super hero's left are Musquito, Human Kite, Mysterion, and Mint Berry Crunch. And the kids left are Kyle, Kenny, Clyde and that blonde kid. I'm pretty sure the blonde kid is Mint Berry Crunch but as for the rest I do not know who is who.

I was kinda hoping Captain Hindsight would be a kid, but oh well I like captain hindsight anyways. And I love the fresh shrimp guy. lmao he's hilarious.

Oh Gosh, I literaly can't wait until next week. I wanna know what happens so badly!!
IKyman

Postby IKyman » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:36 pm

I believe Kyle is Human Kite, Kenny is Mosquito and Clyde is Mysterion
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:48 pm

Anyone else notice the subtext of the numerous Tony Hayward apologies given the recent fuck up with Insheeption? It's clearly referencing their own recent apology. That likely means Captain Hindsight is, at least in part, another reference to the incident and an expression of the guys' frustration with being told over and over they "shunna dun that; he jus' a boah; po' lil' feller"

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”