*1411: Coon 2: Hindsight* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: *1411: Coon 2: Hindsight* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:00 pm

Captain Hindsight is just another form of the Armchair Quarterback, telling people what they should have done right instead of helping fix a situation.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
LilNugget

Postby LilNugget » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:01 pm

IKyman wrote:I believe Kyle is Human Kite, Kenny is Mosquito and Clyde is Mysterion

Kenny's Mom wouldn't know how to bake no hoity-toity lemon bars, she only has recipes for frozen waffles. Cylde on the other hand is a little husky and looks like he's been enjoying a lemon bar or six.

And: "And Kenny can't be Mosquito, because Mosquito said he almost got in trouble for the Coon alarm before Kenny's parent's heard it go off."

Kinn-ee is Mysterion!
Timmy!
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:12 pm

Big-Will wrote:Captain Hindsight is just another form of the Armchair Quarterback, telling people what they should have done right instead of helping fix a situation.

Captain Hindsight was a clever concept...something completely rare this season.

It's just a shame they kept repeating the joke.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
bradymills

Postby bradymills » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:37 pm

Let's lay down what we already know.

Cartman------------The Coon
Butters--------------Professor Chaos
Stan------------------Tool Shed
Token---------------Tupperware
Timmy--------------Iron Maiden

Mosquito (Voiced by Matt)
The Human Kite (Voiced by Matt)
Mint-Berry Crunch (Voiced by Trey)
Mysterion (Voiced by Trey)

The kids left are...

----Kyle, Kenny, Bradley & Clyde

The superheroes left are...

----Mosquito, The Human Kite, Mint-Berry Crunch & Mysterion

Here is what we know about the remaining kids

Kyle - red hair, argues with Cartman, and is a main character
Kenny - blonde, messy hair, is mostly irrelevant, and poor
Bradley - blonde, straight hair, not important, and voiced by Trey
Clyde - brown hair, somewhat a main character, and lower voice

I think the easiest one of the 4 to figure out is Bradley. He is obviously Mint-Berry Crunch because of the hairstyle, his irrelevance to the team, and his unusual voice.

Of the remaining 3, I believe that Kenny is The Human Kite. If you look back to when the Coon Alert went off in Stan's house, the first shot of Cartman's basement showed Tool Shed (Stan's character) coming downstairs. When the Coon Alert sounds at Kenny's, he is the first to come downstairs immediately after he leaves his house. He also doesn't have much dialogue which leads me to believe that it has to be Kenny.

Kyle, I believe, is Mosquito. He constantly argues with Cartman about the name of the group, Cartman doesn't like Mosquito at all, and he is near Tool Shed (Stan) most of the episode. You can also tell that Mosquito is voiced by Matt so that would only leave Kyle and Kenny. He also complains that he almost got in trouble by his parents after the first Coon Alert, which would make more sense because Kenny's parents wouldn't really give a sh*t.

That only leaves Clyde as Mysterion. Clyde and Mysterion are both voiced by Trey. In the original Coon episode from Season 13, Clyde was asleep during Cartman's slideshow of the Coon. This is similar to Bruce Wayne being asleep during his meeting in The Dark Knight. It only makes sense that Clyde is Mysterion.

Any comments?
JamesBray

Postby JamesBray » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:49 pm

I'm not sure if I'm the only one that noticed this, but look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOAzrxspXD8 and go to 0:07, the creature that it shows there talking to Butters is what some of the creatures from the other dimension looked like in this episode (16:05), so It's very likely that little scene will be in the second part.
Favorite Character: Jimmy
Favorite Episode: Krazy Kripples
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:19 pm

bradymills wrote:Mysterion (Voiced by Trey)

Pretty sure he's voiced by Matt.

The Mosquito - ? (voiced by Matt Stone)
The Coon - Cartman (voiced by Trey Parker)
Tool Shed - Stan (voiced by Trey Parker
Tupperware - Token (voiced by the storyboard dude)
Iron Maiden - Timmy (voiced by Trey Parker)
Mysterion - ? (voiced by Matt Stone)
The Human Kite - ? (voiced by Matt Stone)
Mintberry Crunch - Bradley (voiced by Trey Parker, I think...sounds like his nasal voice)

This means that they've made a mistake, surely? Clyde is voiced by Trey Parker, yet Mysterion, The Human Kite and The Mosquito all seem to be voiced by Matt.
CherrehCola

Postby CherrehCola » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:32 pm

Kenny might be the Kite, but this also means you're not adding Craig to your list of guesses.

Why? And why is everyone hung on Clyde?
DON'T KICK THE BABY!

~*Dream about the sun,you queen of rain.
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:35 pm

Clyde can't be one of the super heroes. The only superheroes that are voiced by Trey Parker:

Coon (Cartman)
Tool Shed (Stan)
Iron Maiden (Timmy)
Mint Berry Crunch (Bradley)

The rest (Mysterion, Kite, Mosquito) are voiced by Matt or the storyboard dude (Tupperware).

Clyde can't be one of the superheroes. He is a red herring.

I wonder which character, other than Kenny and Kyle (voiced by Matt), Mysterion could be?
IKyman

Postby IKyman » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:39 pm

Wow everybody is taken this really seriously, including me :lol: Matt and Trey is just screwing around with us like they did on 'The Coon' where Mysterion takes off his mask to reveal his true self.
CherrehCola

Postby CherrehCola » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:43 pm

IKyman wrote:Wow everybody is taken this really seriously, including me :lol: Matt and Trey is just screwing around with us like they did on 'The Coon' where Mysterion takes off his mask to reveal his true self.

I know, salute to them!

I mean, I'm pretty sure Kyle is Mosquito, and then I come here, everyone has their own logic.

Good job Matt and Trey, like I said before. Not sure if they were aiming for this, but if they see the results, they'll be laughing their asses off.
DON'T KICK THE BABY!

~*Dream about the sun,you queen of rain.
Kensuke

Postby Kensuke » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:52 pm

I don't think the voice actor of a person plays a factor in who is who. It's a cartoon, so you can easily just switch up the voice actors without switching the person them-self. Clyde was there with the superheros towards the end, so he's a candidate.

I don't even know why I'm going so deep into it, because something tells me that we're never gonna find out anyway. Matt and Trey are probably gonna pull out some mindfuck at the end, that completely doesn't answer any questions, but actually raises more.
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?

Postby 203177 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:54 pm

yeah i find it weird that everybody is taking it seriously. im not its a cartoon. but i found the slow- mo part very dumb to be honest. but it was funny to see tom dead on the moon. lianne really fixed cartman good. i liked how cartmans all like "asshoooooles!" and that was it. and his eyes turned white which was very cool. :twisted: but the whole srry part was getting on my nerves. :x
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
IKyman

Postby IKyman » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:03 am

I like that part, too. Knowing Cartman he might save that monster by himself and get in major trouble by his mom :lol:
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:06 am

Kensuke wrote:I don't think the voice actor of a person plays a factor in who is who. It's a cartoon, so you can easily just switch up the voice actors without switching the person them-self. Clyde was there with the superheros towards the end, so he's a candidate.

I don't even know why I'm going so deep into it, because something tells me that we're never gonna find out anyway. Matt and Trey are probably gonna pull out some mindfuck at the end, that completely doesn't answer any questions, but actually raises more.

Of course the voice actor plays a factor.

Matt and Trey HAVE switched voices unwittingly before, but Clyde is a pretty big character. Trey has always voiced him. Matt has never voiced him.

Trey has always voiced Bradley too. It's not as if they forget who voices who for the BIG characters. Even if they're supporting characters like Clyde.

I'm telling you guys...Clyde can't be one of the super-heroes. Mysterion is voiced by Matt Stone. He could only be Kenny...or some other kid character who Matt voices.

Maybe it's Craig? Hell...maybe it's Kevin?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:18 am

CherrehCola wrote:Kenny might be the Kite, but this also means you're not adding Craig to your list of guesses. Why? And why is everyone hung on Clyde?

Without the Coon there are seven friends. There were seven boys watching TV before they went back into their superhero costumes one last time, and none of them was Craig, heh.

Clyde was the only kid who was totally knocked out during Cartman's report on the Coon way back when, but really, we're no closer to knowing who it is now than we were 18 months ago, lol.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”