*1411: Coon 2: Hindsight* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

SuperNegro

Re: *1411: Coon 2: Hindsight* Post-Air Discussion

Postby SuperNegro » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:37 am

Tupperware- Token
Iron Maiden - Timmy
Toolshed - Stan
Human Kite - Kenny
Mosquito - Kyle
Mintberry Crunch - Bradley
Mysterion - Clyde

BUT who is the COON ?!?!?!?!

Code: Select all

[size=150][white][list][*][i][b][/b][/i][/list][/white][/size]
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:41 am

CherrehCola wrote:I think all the superheroes we're guessing about are in fact voiced by Stone...

Isn't that interesting? :D

Trey does Coon, Tool Shed, and Iron Maiden, and we can tell which boy goes with which superhero. Body shape goes a long way here.

Vernon does Tupperware.

Matt does Mosquito, the Human Kite, Mysterion, and Mint Berry Crunch, and we can't tell which boy goes with which superhero. :lol:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
CherrehCola

Postby CherrehCola » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:13 am

Big-Will wrote:
CherrehCola wrote:I think all the superheroes we're guessing about are in fact voiced by Stone...

Isn't that interesting? :D

Trey does Coon, Tool Shed, and Iron Maiden, and we can tell which boy goes with which superhero. Body shape goes a long way here.

Vernon does Tupperware.

Matt does Mosquito, the Human Kite, Mysterion, and Mint Berry Crunch, and we can't tell which boy goes with which superhero. :lol:

Exactly what I meant, thanks for your post, Will :D I just know they'll never take their costumes/masks off and we'll end up wondering, like with Mysterion. I know people are saying South Park is dying, but Matt and Trey can still keep us hanging, I think that counts.
DON'T KICK THE BABY!

~*Dream about the sun,you queen of rain.
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:17 am

CherrehCola wrote:No, I don't mean this in a "everyone looks the same, of course we won't" way, they're supposed to have characteristics that stand out. All of them fade once you dress them in a costume, apparently.

Come on...we all know that's just because Trey Parker, in writing the script, is not showing us distinguishable character traits because he is being careful not to give away their identities.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
CherrehCola

Postby CherrehCola » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:20 am

Brendle wrote:
CherrehCola wrote:No, I don't mean this in a "everyone looks the same, of course we won't" way, they're supposed to have characteristics that stand out. All of them fade once you dress them in a costume, apparently.

Come on...we all know that's just because Trey Parker, in writing the script, is not showing us distinguishable character traits because he is being careful not to give away their identities.

Or...he's laughing his heart out in our effort to try and figure everyone out? You never know if it was on purpose or not, but the results must be pleasing him :)
DON'T KICK THE BABY!

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:21 am

...On the other hand, since Trey does Clyde, the question is, who's the fourth superhero Trey is voicing, if not Mysterion? That is to say, who is Clyde? Mosquito, Mint Berry Crunch, or Human Kite? Which two are Matt?

Brendle

Postby Brendle » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:24 am

Big-Will wrote:...On the other hand, since Trey does Clyde, the question is, who's the fourth superhero Trey is voicing, if not Mysterion? That is to say, who is Clyde? Mosquito, Mint Berry Crunch, or Human Kite? Which two are Matt?

Here are the 3 super-heroes whose identities we do not know:

Mysterion
Mosquito
Kite

By using my ears, I am able to recognize ALL of those super-heroes as voiced by Matt Stone. Therefore Clyde is not a super-hero.

So it's Kenny, Kyle and someone else from the 4th grade class who happens to be voiced by Matt Stone.

Could be Kevin, could be Craig...
CherrehCola

Postby CherrehCola » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:25 am

Good job Will, now you're making us actually think. :)

Well...since Matt is voicing the four superheroes we're questioning about, that leaves someone we didn't notice, right?
DON'T KICK THE BABY!

Brendle

Postby Brendle » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:32 am

CherrehCola wrote:Good job Will, now you're making us actually think. :)

Well...since Matt is voicing the four superheroes we're questioning about, that leaves someone we didn't notice, right?

I don't think Kyle would ever allow Cartman to slash his face up and I don't think he'd ever acquiesce to his demands so easily.

Therefore Kyle is The Human Kite.

Which narrows Mysterion down to: Kenny, Craig, Kevin.

By the way, Big-Will: I don't think Mint Berry Crunch is Matt Stone. It sounds a LOT like Trey Parker's nasally voice.

Which makes sense, because it's Bradley.
CherrehCola

Postby CherrehCola » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 am

Brendle wrote:
CherrehCola wrote:Good job Will, now you're making us actually think. :)

I don't think Kyle would ever allow Cartman to slash his face up and I don't think he'd ever acquiesce to his demands so easily.

Therefore Kyle is The Human Kite.

Which narrows Mysterion down to: Kenny, Craig, Kevin.

By the way, Big-Will: I don't think Mint Berry Crunch is Matt Stone. It sounds a LOT like Trey Parker's nasally voice.

Which makes sense, because it's Bradley.

Yes that did strike me as odd...but, would anyone else show off so many Kyle characteristics before?

I'm not sure why Mosquito just took the beating, but Craig or Kenny wouldn't, either.
DON'T KICK THE BABY!

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:54 am

Brendle wrote:By using my ears, I am able to recognize ALL of those super-heroes as voiced by Matt Stone. Therefore Clyde is not a super-hero.

Then we have a plot hole, for seven boys are present when Stan tells them they'll have to suit up, and seven superheroes exit the house soon after. When does Clyde leave and another boy assume his place? Why isn't Craig with the other six before they suited up?

I'm of the opinion that the beating was a total surprise, and so no one could have fought back.

aerojockey

Postby aerojockey » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:56 am

Brendle wrote:
aerojockey wrote:Mysterion is a parody of the Dark Knight, and in that movie Christian Bale's voice was digitally altered. Therefore there's no reason to believe the same person who does Mysterion's voice also does the voice of his primus ego.

This is flawed. I don't even know where to start. Your conclusion doesn't follow from the premise.

Batman's voice was still Christian Bale, digitally altered or not. Someone else did not voice Batman. Similarly, Mysterion's voice is still Matt Stone, digitally altered or not.

Clyde being voiced by Trey Parker, and then becoming Mysterion with a DIFFERENT VOICE...voiced by Matt Stone...is just idiotic.

You mean it'd be a funny parody of the Dark Knight. That's what parody is, you take something odd (digitally altered voice) and exaggerate it for comedic effect (completely different voice). Even if it were idiotic, M&T would not hesitate to do something idiotic if it was funny. Therefore I must continue to conclude voice actor is not a significant clue to Mysterion's identity.
Michele Daq

Postby Michele Daq » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:58 am

At one point you can see John Cleese and Terry Jones from the Pythons! Did someone else notice that?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:04 am

aerojockey wrote:You mean it'd be a funny parody of the Dark Knight. That's what parody is, you take something odd (digitally altered voice) and exaggerate it for comedic effect (completely different voice). Even if it were idiotic, M&T would not hesitate to do something idiotic if it was funny. Therefore I must continue to conclude voice actor is not a significant clue to Mysterion's identity.

Brendle already stated that the digitally altered voice of the Dark Knight couldn't be mistaken for anyone's other than that of the actor who plays him, so...

Brendle

Postby Brendle » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:09 am

Big-Will wrote:
Brendle wrote:By using my ears, I am able to recognize ALL of those super-heroes as voiced by Matt Stone. Therefore Clyde is not a super-hero.

Then we have a plot hole, for seven boys are present when Stan tells them they'll have to suit up, and seven superheroes exit the house soon after. When does Clyde leave and another boy assume his place? Why isn't Craig with the other six before they suited up?

I'm of the opinion that the beating was a total surprise, and so no one could have fought back.

Yes...we have a plothole.

A plothole that can only be fixed if Clyde stays in the house and either Kevin or Craig suits up in their superhero costume in another room.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”