*1411: Coon 2: Hindsight* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

SirKerrek

Re: *1411: Coon 2: Hindsight* Post-Air Discussion

Postby SirKerrek » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:35 pm

When I saw 14 pages to the post-air thread I was all "DAAYYMN!!" but then I realized that M&T gave us a mystery to solve. And now the entire devoted SP fanbase is on the case! Considering everyone else has talked this topic to death and that my opinion would be white noise, like spitting in an ocean, I'll go ahead and keep most of my opinions to myself on who is who save for one:

Kenny is not f*cking Mint Berry Crunch, for f*ck's sake. Look at the hair, listen to the voice (even though Kenny's voice has a habit of changing and even though Kenny could be employing a BS voice to "hide his identity"). I mean... Chewbacca is a Wookiee. Wookiees live on Kashyyyk. Chewbacca lives on Endor. It does not... MAKE... SENSE!!

Or... M&T could be screwing with us. I guess that's a possibility. But people love Kenny. Why put him in the crappiest costume?

Mint Berry Crunch has to be Bradley. And if he's not... well then poop.

As for the episode, I liked the feel of it (plot, message, references, and characterizations) more than the humor. Although when I connected that DP's "Sorry" ads were maybe also a little reference to how M&T were sorry for the Insheeption ripoff, that joke got 100 times funnier.

And if you don't think that the "Sorry" ads were referencing that, please don't rain on my parade. Let me have my private interpretation of their joke.

Not to mention, two-parter. Here's hoping P2 is a little bit better than P1. But this episode, in hindsight (<- incredibly creative joke), was pretty good.

8/10
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
Levente

Postby Levente » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:03 pm

CherrehCola wrote:It's a good thing, since I'd be anything but aggresive. I only wrote that because I don't think it's fair to call people dumb over the web.

In any case, my only source is my ears, which I already said before, can be wrong. But listen yourself, he sounds a lot like Stone.

Ok, so don't you think it's more likely, if it matters at all, that you're incorrect about who's voicing who? Because the scene at the TV indicated they are the same group of superheros not at all subtly. To conclude the plain evidence in this scene was wrong or misdirection because it doesn’t to fit your hypothesis is illogical.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:18 pm

CherrehCola wrote:
Ok, whacha talking about, Willis?

The Cajun shrimper... from the episode. And Ron Washington. Texas Rangers' Manager. Put some 'Wash' audio and some Cajun Shrimper audio together, and you have pure giggle-fuel. That or it'll drive you insane and you'll be found naked painting the walls with your own d'doo.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:47 pm

data189 wrote:Mysterion is TIMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

How then do you explain both Mysterion and Iron Maiden being in the same room if both of them are Timmy?

BRMBug wrote:...Cajun Shrimper...

You been sneaking around in my computer? That's the name I'm using for the guy in my transcript. :lol:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Hydroleaf

Postby Hydroleaf » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:48 pm

I doubt my opinion matters after 14 pages of opinions and theories, but here are my thoughts:

First off, this episode was great. At first, I thought it was more B-, but I love Coon 2: Hindsight when I think about it more and more!

The "We're sorry." moments crack me up so much! :lol: And then Butters dressed as Courney Love and Cthulu being dug up and Captain Hindsight not helping and the Louisiana shrimp dude! :D

I still want to know who Kite, Mosquito, and Mysterion are.

MintBerryCrunch = Bradley
ToolShed = Stan
Coon = Cartman (speaking of Cartman, he was so selfish and butthole-ish in this episode. ...Awesome. XD)
Iron Maiden = Timmy
(forgot his hero name...) = Token

I think Mosquito is Kyle. Kyle sounds more likely to suggest a compassionate idea like a bake sale as well as start conflict with Cartman. Kyle isn't the type to allow Cartman to beat the crap out of him, though... I dunno, maybe Cartman was just that ticked off right then. Also, Mosquito's voice sounded like Kyle's, just fuzzy from the (alledgedly called) vuvuzella on his face. I just don't see Kenny or Clyde speaking against Cartman like how Mosquito did... Who knows, though...

Kenny might be Human Kite. After the scene where Stan asks to be excused from dinner and goes upstairs to go to the Coon and Friends headquarters, he enters the headquarters first, correct? When Kenny left his house to go to the Headquarters, Kite enters the headquarters first as well. Kite wasn't a major character in the epi, too, like Kenny is in most episodes.

Clyde's probably Mysterion, since The Coon had him sleeping in class and stuff. Clyde isn't too brave, but maybe he just gains a backbone when he thinks of himself as a hero or something, gains more confidence. I dunno... I don't really think Kenny's Mysterion, though.

As for the voice actor theories, I don't think who's playing who is that important. The voices aren't as consistent for some characters, anyway. You never know, though. Might be vital; might not...

Trey and Matt better make a part 2, though. If they don't, I'll be devastated! :cry:
kenny-mc-ormick

Postby kenny-mc-ormick » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:24 pm

kenny is misterion beacuse the voice of mosquito is like clyde
Mezza

Postby Mezza » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:46 pm

No, no, no; Mysterion is obviously...Pip!
Yeah, no.
But this episode was absolutely great.
A tad better than 201, in my opinion.

And I thought Mosquito was Butters until they showed Prof. Chaos, bleh. Now he kind of sounds like Kyle.

I hope that there's a sequel.

Also, that Clockwork Orange bit was genius.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:50 pm

Please post anything about the identities of the superheroes in this thread. :)

BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:00 pm

Big-Will wrote:
BRMBug wrote:...Cajun Shrimper...

You been sneaking around in my computer? That's the name I'm using for the guy in my transcript. :lol:

I have "ESPN". :mrgreen:
starsky697

Postby starsky697 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:01 pm

I didn't read all the comments but the ones I did it looks like no one mentioned the life size blow up antonio banderas love doll. Some fans.
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:10 pm

Levente wrote:It's a plain fact that Clyde is one of the superheros because it was presented that way last episode, some of you don't seem to like that fact but you'll have to deal with it.

This entire post is babbling idiocy.

If it IS a fact, Matt and Trey made a huge mistake, which further supports my theory that Trey's been mentally affected by drugs.

Levente wrote:Because you're either suggesting the creators didn’t realize they had the wrong character at the Tv scene or it was unintentional for that scene to be taken as the seven superheros, both ideas are beyond idiotic.

Or, the third scenario (which you completely overlooked because you're a moron): they made a huge mistake and FORGOT that Clyde was voiced by Trey Parker. Most likely because Trey's on those pills.

Trey's brain has been tampered with...he forgot how to be funny and he forgot which characters he voiced. It would explain why he forgot what Cartman sounded like, too.

If they didn't make a huge mistake, Clyde is NOT one of the super-heroes, plain and simple.

Levente wrote:Matt and Trey have crafted an exceptionally clever episode which has kept the fandom guessing till the end, and creative guessing is good and fun to hear, but when you ignore their carefully planned evidence in favour of some bizarre tangent you just come off as stupid.

LOL, "exceptionally clever?" You've got to be kidding me.

The ONLY clever part of this episode was Captain Hindsight, and let's face it...that was pretty much derivative of the Captain Obvious metaphor.

"Thanks, Captain Obvious!" "Thanks, Captain Hindsight!"

It was still good, but it wasn't EXCEPTIONALLY clever.

"Carefully planned evidence?" LMAO. You've GOT to be joking. If the whole thing was carefully planned, maybe they would bother matching the superheroes' voices to the characters.

To say that the voice-acting isn't canon is so moronic it's unbelievable. Can you imagine if Matt Stone started voicing Cartman/The Coon? That would be frighteningly retarded.

P.S.: Mysterion is Matt Stone. There's no doubt. No question. I know Matt Stone's voice and Trey's voice.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
LilNugget

Postby LilNugget » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:21 pm

Brendle wrote:
Levente wrote:It's a plain fact that Clyde is one of the superheros because it was presented that way last episode, some of you don't seem to like that fact but you'll have to deal with it.

This entire post is babbling idiocy.

If it IS a fact, Matt and Trey made a huge mistake, which further supports my theory that Trey's been mentally affected by drugs.

Levente wrote:Because you're either suggesting the creators didn’t realize they had the wrong character at the Tv scene or it was unintentional for that scene to be taken as the seven superheros, both ideas are beyond idiotic.

Or, the third scenario (which you completely overlooked because you're a moron): they made a huge mistake and FORGOT that Clyde was voiced by Trey Parker. Most likely because Trey's on those pills.

Trey's brain has been tampered with...he forgot how to be funny and he forgot which characters he voiced. It would explain why he forgot what Cartman sounded like, too.

If they didn't make a huge mistake, Clyde is NOT one of the super-heroes, plain and simple.

Levente wrote:Matt and Trey have crafted an exceptionally clever episode which has kept the fandom guessing till the end, and creative guessing is good and fun to hear, but when you ignore their carefully planned evidence in favour of some bizarre tangent you just come off as stupid.

LOL, "exceptionally clever?" You've got to be kidding me.

The ONLY clever part of this episode was Captain Hindsight, and let's face it...that was pretty much derivative of the Captain Obvious metaphor.

"Thanks, Captain Obvious!" "Thanks, Captain Hindsight!"

It was still good, but it wasn't EXCEPTIONALLY clever.

"Carefully planned evidence?" LMAO. You've GOT to be joking. If the whole thing was carefully planned, maybe they would bother matching the superheroes' voices to the characters.

To say that the voice-acting isn't canon is so moronic it's unbelievable. Can you imagine if Matt Stone started voicing Cartman/The Coon? That would be frighteningly retarded.

P.S.: Mysterion is Matt Stone. There's no doubt. No question. I know Matt Stone's voice and Trey's voice.

For being so sweet and humble. I would suggest finding someone who is a professional at this point, someone in this trade:

http://www.pwashplus.com/Images/pic-tou ... de137C.jpg

Maybe *that* would finally get that sand out of your vagina Brendle!
Timmy!
data189

Postby data189 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:22 pm

Mysterion is Mitch Connor.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:27 pm

data189 wrote:Mysterion is Mitch Connor.

DAMNIT IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!!

Throbert McGee

Postby Throbert McGee » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:36 pm

The Cajun guy's "Earl in mah skrempses!" was priceless.

And I'll bet a lot of Russian South Park fans are gonna be peeing their pants with joy over this episode -- Cthulhu is a HUGELY popular Internet meme in Russia, for some reason.

^(;,,;)^ -- я фхтагн!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”