*1411: Coon 2: Hindsight* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Brendle

Re: *1411: Coon 2: Hindsight* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Brendle » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:17 pm

DevilDare wrote:This is silly.... Why is everyone looking for a bloody meaning? Remember "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs"?

An episode on exactly the same topic - people looking for meaning in things that usually dont have it.

Its a freaking cartoon. Aliens and monsters and kids saving the day. Just take it as it is. A laugh. No need to have a meaning...

I thought this was great. Cartman having a hissy fit after being take out of the basement is hilarious. :D

The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs was a bit of false modesty from Trey and Matt. Of course a lot of their stuff is satirical and has a point to it.

They're just trying to say "look, we're not that smart." You're pretty smart, guys. Or at least...you USED to be.

Matt and Trey NEVER just have monsters that appear for no reason. And when they do, they call it bad writing (IE: Crab People).

The monsters were making some point, which I think someone made earlier in the thread...people are acting like this disaster is the end of the world as we know it.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
EmmaCRB

Postby EmmaCRB » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:18 pm

Didn't that Bradley kid have like a blonde afro? I can't remember seeing any kid like that. I hope they reveal who they all are if they end up doing a 2 parter.

Actually got some screenshots of Butters as Courtney Love lmao
LilNugget

Postby LilNugget » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:21 pm

Brendle wrote:First off, LMAO @ people saying stuff like "Kyle is The Human Kite! You can tell by his voice! Listen!" Uh, hello? How is that an argument when Kyle and TONS of other characters are voiced by the same guy?

Secondly...the episode. Hmm. Torn, to be honest. It started off amazingly. Kids being kids...Cartman getting in the "Coonmobile" (his mum's car) and getting yelled at...hilarious.

I can't ignore how bad Cartman's voice is right now but at least New-Cartman can still make me laugh.

Then Captain Hindsight came along and I smiled because I loved the satire. That's a great idea. We're pretty much done with the first Act and I'm loving it.

Then the BP spill happens. Then the Captain Hindsight joke is repeated again. And again. And again. Then Cartman slashes his friends' faces (UGH...another example of taking it too far). Then those monsters came out of a dimension...what's the message there? I don't get it.

But the way that guy said "sorry" made me laugh really hard. Trey's voice can be really, really funny sometimes if used correctly.

This episode actually made me LAUGH. So it's the best one this run. Maybe one of the best of the season (the season so far has been atrocious). I still feel unsatisfied, though. They nearly made a good episode.

Taking it too far? You realize that was a take off on "A Clockwork Orange" right? Did that movie "take it too far" as well? Nice to see you not being 100% negative, but you chose the funniest part of the episode to put down. Maybe your own personal sensibilities are not quite up to watching this show. But you are not a very good judge of comedy.
Timmy!
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:26 pm

LilNugget wrote:
Brendle wrote:First off, LMAO @ people saying stuff like "Kyle is The Human Kite! You can tell by his voice! Listen!" Uh, hello? How is that an argument when Kyle and TONS of other characters are voiced by the same guy?

Secondly...the episode. Hmm. Torn, to be honest. It started off amazingly. Kids being kids...Cartman getting in the "Coonmobile" (his mum's car) and getting yelled at...hilarious.

I can't ignore how bad Cartman's voice is right now but at least New-Cartman can still make me laugh.

Then Captain Hindsight came along and I smiled because I loved the satire. That's a great idea. We're pretty much done with the first Act and I'm loving it.

Then the BP spill happens. Then the Captain Hindsight joke is repeated again. And again. And again. Then Cartman slashes his friends' faces (UGH...another example of taking it too far). Then those monsters came out of a dimension...what's the message there? I don't get it.

But the way that guy said "sorry" made me laugh really hard. Trey's voice can be really, really funny sometimes if used correctly.

This episode actually made me LAUGH. So it's the best one this run. Maybe one of the best of the season (the season so far has been atrocious). I still feel unsatisfied, though. They nearly made a good episode.

Taking it too far? You realize that was a take off on "A Clockwork Orange" right? Did that movie "take it too far" as well? Nice to see you not being 100% negative, but you chose the funniest part of the episode to put down. Maybe your own personal sensibilities are not quite up to watching this show. But you are not a very good judge of comedy.

It doesn't MATTER if it was a parody...it was out-of-character.

Eric Cartman didn't use to just slash his friends' faces up when he got angry.

I knew it was a parody, too. I knew it was a Scarface parody when he PULLED A GUN on someone in Medicinal Fried Chicken...but that was way out-of-character as well.

"You are not a very good judge of comedy." Coming from the guy who thinks this season is funny? You're completely clueless.
LilNugget

Postby LilNugget » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:10 pm

Brendle wrote:
LilNugget wrote:

It doesn't MATTER if it was a parody...it was out-of-character.

Eric Cartman didn't use to just slash his friends' faces up when he got angry.

I knew it was a parody, too. I knew it was a Scarface parody when he PULLED A GUN on someone in Medicinal Fried Chicken...but that was way out-of-character as well.

"You are not a very good judge of comedy." Coming from the guy who thinks this season is funny? You're completely clueless.

OK kid, you're just being obstinate and ignorant now. Eric Cartman feeds people their flippin' parents when he's pissed at them! He knocked Token out with a rock for being called fat! Get a damned clue about the character you're talking about before you come here and say what is in or not in character for him OK?

And for the love of God, get that sand out of your vagina!
Timmy!
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:34 pm

LilNugget wrote:
OK kid, you're just being obstinate and ignorant now. Eric Cartman feeds people their flippin' parents when he's pissed at them! He knocked Token out with a rock for being called fat! Get a damned clue about the character you're talking about before you come here and say what is in or not in character for him OK?

And for the love of God, get that sand out of your vagina!

Kid? You don't even know how old I am.

I do know Cartman well. I know him very well, actually. Matt and Trey, on the other hand, have forgotten who he was.

I know Cartman well enough to know he once told Kyle to get the sand out of his vagina, a line you are using yourself because you're soooooo clever.

Even though the line isn't funny.
jonnie5isalive

Postby jonnie5isalive » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:45 pm

these are the ones for sure I know:

Professor Chaos - Butters
Toolshed - Stan (black hair search google: stan without a hat)
Mint Berry Crunch - Bradley (http://southpark.wikia.com/wiki/Bradley)
Iron Maiden - Timmy
Tupperware - Token

Mosquito - Kyle? more then likely Kyle
Human Kite - Kenny?
Mysterion - Clyde?

read this some where: Clyde is Mosquito and Kenny is Mysterion. The Coon attacks, Clyde and Bradley comes to his aid.
coonspunk

Postby coonspunk » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:53 pm

mint berry crunch is kenny. he's the only one drinkin water because he's to poor for a milkshake after cartman kicks ass.
SoSeriously

Postby SoSeriously » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:00 pm

First, yeah we are all giant dorks for trying to use deductive reasoning to figure out the "Who's Who" of Coon and Friends. But we wouldn't have it any other way! Second, it is pretty much impossible to determine identities because there are sure to be red herrings(RH) all through the episode. But here's as close as I can get:

Obvious: 1.Token is Tupperware. His family is the only one wealthy enough not to use Cool Whip bowls to store leftovers. Oh, and he's black. 2.Timmy is Iron Maiden (on Wheels)...I wouldn't recommend trying to use Timmy's costume to find out any identities...under torture he would tell you Mysterion is, "TIMMMAY!" 3.Stan is Toolshed. Nothing funny there. Nope, nothing. 4.The Coon is Bruce Vilanch. I'd recognize that fat bastard anywhere. 5.It doesn't matter who Professor Chaos is, just know he was left to die by his cowardly peon General Disarray.

Now, for the fun. For the record, since some seem to be confused, Craig is NOT among the superheroes. Also, I am placing little to no emphasis on how their voice sounds. Also, do we know the blonde kid is Bradley? Maybe I missed something, but I thought it was the Mormon kid, Gary. He's really nice, believes in helping others, doesn't fight back, likes soccer. I don't know, but who said it had to be Bradley. I will present the facts, then tell you what I think.

1.MintBerry Crunch- Due to hair color, we know this to be Bradley/Gary(B/G) or Kenny. There is two running gags that make me think Kenny at first--the covering of his face, and drinking water, both possibly RHs. Cartman picking on him means nothing, could be either one. The fact that Cartman roughs him up doesn't make me think Kenny, cause he would kick his ass...BUT when Cartman becomes the Coon, there is no limit to his power. The one thing that makes me think B/G is the hair is a little more like his, and his cowlick coincides with the stem of the berry. HMMM...

2.Mosquito-He could be anybody. Strangely, it seems most like Craig. It could be Kenny, his costume screams "secondhand" and I am sure there is no shortage of ketchup packets in the McCormick household. Poor people steal stuff like that all the time. However, the only lemon bars his mom knows how to bake are "Mike's Hard Lemon Bars", and as stated before, he wouldn't let Cartman kick his ass. It could be Gary, the vuvuzela being a dead giveaway as a soccer fan(poor people like NASCAR), his mom is a typical housewife, he believes in the greater good. He would make a stand, but perhaps not back it up physically. For this reason, it could also be Clyde. Clyde is mouthy, but he can also be a little bitch. The fact that Mosquito argues with Cartman makes you think Kyle, but I think this is a RH, along with the voice distortion, because Kyle would not let Cartman eff him up.

3.Human Kite-As others have said, it sounds a lot like a derogatory slur for a Hebrew. I'm sure that is by design, perhaps a dreaded RH. However, of them all, the Human Kite seems to be the most useful alter-ego, something a smart kid like Kyle would come up with. It is also very well made, complete with pointy sleeves. As also previously pointed out, he is the one not afraid to kick Cartman out of the group and his place at the table is next to Stan. I don't have any good reasons why it could be anyone else.

4.Mysterion-The Holy Grail. The Ultimate Question. The Answer to Life, the Universe, Everything. Casa Bonita. I haven't seen the episode in a while so correct me if I'm wrong. Assuming Cartman is not lying, and he did say the name, and comparing with this episode, he must be Clyde or Kenny. There's nothing new here. It's either Clyde or Kenny.

Conclusions-Cartman is The Coon. That's all I got.
Guesses-MintBerry Crunch is Bradley/Gary. The hair plus he's a supporting character of little or no importance. Mosquito is Clyde. He's the second fattest, and if his mom makes dessert all the time, it adds up. Literally. As in, the weight adds up. As in, he's fat. The Human Kite is Kyle, see above. Leaving Kenny as Mysterion. He's a BAMF, the greatest superhero South Park has ever had. After the Coon, of course.

Damn, that's long. Sorry
Oh come on fellers! Don't make me be Courtney Love!
ballisticblue

Postby ballisticblue » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:06 pm

Towards the end when the team come out the door with their costumes on, the order they come out in is pretty similar to the way they were positioned while just watching TV

Order coming out in costumes:
Tupperware
Toolshed
Human Kite
Mosquito
Mintberry Crunch
Iron Maiden
Mysterion

V-shape while watching TV

clyde__________________________timmy
_____bradley_____________kenny
____________token____kyle
_________________stan

So if we eliminate the known ones and consider everyone else's reasons, i fink:

Human Kite = Kyle

Mosquito = Kenny (Cartman just has it in for beatin up the poor, + mosquitos suggest infection, eventually into poverty, not that kenny isn't cool nonetheless)

Clyde = Mysterion
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:33 pm

Out of character? Cartman? No.

I'll tell you out of character. That was the last few minutes of episode 1009.

THAT was out of character. I even went as far as playing the audio of it in reverse. It sounded VERY wrong. Scary. I've played audio in reverse before, but it did not sound like that.

Cartman beating someone up as The Coon? Nah. Not at all. I can tell you that the 2 that were beat up by Cartman were not Kyle or even Kenny, because both of them and Wendy have beat the crap out of Cartman himself. They could put on a fight with fatass. I hope that also answers some of the who's who questions.

I give this episode a 9/10. I'm not into all of the superhero stuff but it had its moments. A lot of people argue for the "kids being kids" episodes. This is one of them. Those who argue in favor of those episodes should enjoy this one.

There was some good parody here. Some classic South Park (The moon, references to eating fecal matter, Mysterion, The Coon, Timmy!) along with some great parody of current events which South Park is known for.

They are working on a side project at the moment I believe, a broadway musical which is probably why a lot of these episodes are going by so fast. Too much having to be squeezed into 22 minutes.

If Comedy Central and South Park decide to re up for a few more seasons, here's a thought. How about allowing the episodes with ideas that need to be 1 hour be 1 hour so everything doesn't have to be squeezed and crammed into 22 minutes or 2 episodes?

For South Park, that's more airtime. Less stressful in regards to cramming everything into 30 minutes. For Comedy Central, its more TSL since it would lead into their other signature show The Daily Show instead of an episode of some crap like Ugly Americans.

South Park still has a lot in it. People are saying its getting boring, no longer is good. Its evolving and improving with the times.

If parody of something thats either on TV or going on in the world is what they want to do, then thats what they should be doing. This is what they do best. There's no denying that. It also gets people watching. The Jersey Shore episode I think was one of the best so far this season.

I will say that I am looking forward to the rest of season 14 and all of season 15 and hopefully beyond. South Park has so much to offer those who watch. Be it laughs, or just some great parody of the crap people have to put up with in the news and on TV.

Enjoy it. If you don't like it. Come back next week.

I say all of this from the bottom of my heart, as corny as that sounds.
Stan and Kyle :)
willociraptor

Postby willociraptor » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:37 pm

I agree with most of what was said here, and the fact that the human kite is VERY close to the racial slur for a Jewish person, but do you honestly think that Kyle would willingly name himself that? Kyle is way smarter than that. Im going to go with the Mosquito for Kyle.
JRTaylorMade

Postby JRTaylorMade » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:58 pm

WHO IS MYSTERIAWN??
LilNugget

Postby LilNugget » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:12 pm

JRTaylorMade wrote:WHO IS MYSTERIAWN??

Kinn-eee!
Timmy!
Dark Knight 2K

Postby Dark Knight 2K » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:29 pm

Based on Kenny's bag when he is leaving his house, I say he is Mysterion. The kite and wings would be too bulky to fit in that little bag.

I thought the slow walk bit was more of a nod to the opening to Justice League.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”