*1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Stanluv25

Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:15 am

I am really happy Kenny is Mysterion!! It really makes sense when you look at it. Sure Trey voiced him in 'The Coon' but who cares about that now? I love that his constant deaths have been acknowledged!! That he is the only one who seems to care about it. It was really cool that is his super power. Although the other boys don't really have a power, they're just playing super heroes. His parents had a part which was great too.

"Dude, Kenny, chill..." :lol:

I love how they revealed Clyde too. You see the boys looking at one another after his mother says something and Mosquito finally says something! :mrgreen: Although him having a big role last week didn't seem very 'Clyde-like' it did make sense as to why he didn't fight back when Cartman attacked him.

The whole Ctulu thing is interesting. I love the animation of him. Cartman gaining his trust is sweet and I love the song at the end. He looked real cute!! ^_^ Although him calming the monster down drew on for too long.

I am interested as to why the cult seemed to take place at Stan's house. I know a lot of houses look the same but by this point they know we all know the Marsh house is dark blue/green and would not use it for a huge meeting such as this. I don't think anyway..

I am sooooo excited for next week more than I was for this week!! What is up with Kenny dying yet awaking in his bed and his friends there? It made no sense!! Was it a dream?? Does he hold some sort of answer to the Cult of Cthulu and will finally be able to die for good? So many questions!!!
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Detectivesandyvagina

Postby Detectivesandyvagina » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:19 am

Leelastears wrote:I think this episode had a very different feel to it. Kinda a fanfic girl's dream lol, cause there are a lot of serious stories out there concerning Kenny's life. Interesting that it was finally addressed. Although there were some funny moments, the show seems to have taken a more serious tone and I felt bad for Kenny. I can't wait to see what happens next week. :unhoodedkenny:

oh and Cartman was wayyy creepy lol.

I agree, I was watching and kind of getting the feeling it seems like one of those dark fan fics and I've read so many of how fans try to come up with reasons on why Kenny is the way he is. I'm glad we finally get it from Matt n Trey. I've always been curious of this in the ten years I've been watching this show. I feel the want to freeze myself to find out what happens next week.

The show only has a year left, I'm happy to see all the loose ends tied up. Let South Park go out with an awesome bang. :)

Has there ever been another three parter other than Imaginatonland? I can't recall one off the top of my head.

Hi Maz! I love you Carlos/JVM! You show them!
poopydoopy

Postby poopydoopy » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:29 am

I totally love the My Neighbor Totoro parody!!
poopydoopy

Postby poopydoopy » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:34 am

whodat wrote:I think a lot of people missed the reference with the Cartman / Chtulu belly rub incident. That was a scene from a Japanese animation film "My Neighbor Totoro". Its a kids film, and actually a very good one at that. The song at the end was from the film too. It was totally unexpected, and totally blew my mind. That and the part where the said "Kenny, why did you run away last night?"

I saw the Totoro thing too!!! I thought that was hilarious! I didn't think I'd ever see an anime parody in South Park. Too cool.
aerojockey

Reading between the lines

Postby aerojockey » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:40 am

When Mysterion was explaining his curse to Captain Hindsight, he said he always wakes up in bed in the same clothes.

The "same clothes" part seems a tad superfluous. (I mean, you've just risen from the dead, does it really matter what you're wearing?) I suspect it was included because the Orange Parka is part of the manifestation of the curse.

Which means: if Kenny's curse is removed next week and he lives, maybe the Parka will go away too. Then we'll have a comprehensible Kenny, and I think that'll be fun for season 15.

...OTOH, if Kenny dies for good next week, then I'm calling Bradley will take his place in the Four. Note that the fourth kid has always been a blond (Tweek, Butters, and even Bebe if you want to count her).
Detectivesandyvagina

Postby Detectivesandyvagina » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:45 am

Something also I have seen in fandom but never the show is Kenny being dark and emo about his 'curse' sure he's gotten pissed off at people not caring (Like when Stan was crying over the thought of Kyle dying) but never seen him so dark and scary about it. I'm happy for all the Kenny fans, poor Kenny McCormick has gotten a ton of development in just one episode.

Maybe after all this he'll never wear the orange parka again, or maybe die for good, or the curse will be lifted but he can't resurrect again. I dunno, like I said if freezing myself were possible I would.

Also happy to see Kenny's parents (smoking crack or what? haha) and that kindergoth kid is a frikkin lunatic. XD
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:46 am

joshlcov wrote:Soon we will all be under the rule of the mighty Cthulhu ... How dare they make him like Falcor from the Neverending story.

How dare you make fun of our Religion soon our dark lord will come and you will pay as he slowly drives you into madness.

Mysterion will never stop him..

lol just kidding freaking great episode...

LOL..Oh come on, South Park makes fun of every religion. If they make fun of Jesus and Muhammad, they have to make fun of Cthulhu too..LOL

Loved the episode. Loved that Kenny was Mysterion. Loved that his parents were a part of the cult of Cthulu for the free beer. Loved that the goth kids were in the episode. Can't wait til next week.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:52 am

Nicely said JVM. I defiantly don't go into SP just because I want to laugh. I am a person who likes character development, details. You have that with SP. All the characters are interesting in their own way. So what if it wasn't as funny? I don't really care. I am still interested in everything else that is going on. I still want to know what happens to the characters.

I knew Cartman's ride on Ctulhu was a parody of something but didn't know what. :)

I really hope SP continues beyond season 15. I just got into it and do not want to see it end so soon after becoming a fan. It's hard enough knowing HP has ended for good, I don't want to have to say good-bye to my other huge obsession either. Sure a few mysteries are being solved but, I don't think it has to mean 'the end'. Just the mere thought of saying good-bye to Stan, Cartman, Butters, and everyone else is way too painful to think of. :cry:

When it ends, I want it to come out with a BANG. Another theater movie would be so great.

With a show like this that stays on top of things and is relevant, there will always be new ideas. But anyway...

Really looking forward for next Wed! Although there will only be one more new episode after... :(

PS: kindergartner goth rocks!! :lol:

Haa, I love that line.
Jasontastrophe

Postby Jasontastrophe » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:56 am

Loved it! Except that "what should I do??" part. That was just awkward.
IKyman

Postby IKyman » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:07 am

My favorite parts:
The seven heroes baking lemon bars :lol:
Mysterion tells Toolshed about keeping 'Coon and Friends' name tag to make Cartman mad
Mysterion tells Captaion Hindsight how he got his powers and how nobody seem to remember when he dies he will be in bed
Cartman beating up that little girl
Human Kite *Kyle* tells Kenny to chill out :lol:
The 'What should I do' commercial
Cartman acting nice to Cthulu in a creepy way
The appearance of the Goth Kids
The whole comic book scenes was total epic!
I can't wait for next week to arrive :lol:
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:15 am

Big-Will wrote:Me and Cthulhu :mrgreen:

Cartman singing is always guaranteed WIN.

:cartmanevillaugh: 8) :mrgreen:

Haa, I love that line.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:29 am

Woah another 3 part episode thats okay with me! or it could be 4 to finish of season 14, i liked the episode better than last weeks and yes Cartman partining up with Cthulhu was a little creepy lol. I liked Mosquito (clyde) i found it funny when he did those little buzzzz noises. Kenny has become one of my top 4 favourites now after that episode it was nice to see him being used instead of making up the numbers and will they explain what is behind his immortality in the next epiosde? roll on next week.
Last edited by James--76 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:30 am

JVM wrote:
How do we know who voiced who? The voices are computer altered. Matt can make himself sound like Trey if he wishes. Usually I do a fair job of guessing voices, but it was impossible for me to guess these. Clyde sounded normal to me. And Kenny's changed voice actors plenty of times.

Are you sure? Pretty sure Matt Stone has always voiced Kenny.

Doesn't really matter, though...since you can't hear him. But it's always been Matt Stone.

I know who voiced who because I have grown accustomed to Matt and Trey's voice. Mysterion in Coon 2 was Matt (I can't remember who voiced him in The Coon...it was a 18 months ago).

Yes, they can digitally alter their voices, but I can still tell who it is, by their inflection and enunciation. Trey Parker's a better voice actor. He's a natural.

For example...you just know that Timmy is Trey. Matt can't sound like that. That's a Trey sound. You get me? Trey's got a bass-ier voice. Matt's got a really white voice.

You just "know" that Uncle Jimbo is Matt, because it's really treble-y.

The Tron voice in "You Have 0 Friends", the voice of Stan's profile, is a digitally altered Trey. It's just obvious. The voice of Moses in 200 is Trey.

They also apologized this season.

Sorry's just a four-letter word with a 'y' on the end.

"Sexual Healing" was a great episode, "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs" sucked, "Medicinal Fried Chicken" had a smart parody B-plot even if the A-plot was mediocre, "You Have 0 Friends" had a stupid plot but some good jokes especially Kyle and Cartman's bits, "200" and "201" were amazing tributes to the series, "Crippled Summer" was pretty meh but they did a good job managing Towelie, "Poor and Stupid" was mediocre, "It's a Jersey Thing..." was a mixed episode with some fantastic elements but some bad ones, "Insheeption" had some flat writing but had some good development for Mr. Mackey, and this story arc has been great.

Most episodes were mediocre, good or awesome. There's only been one truly bad episode so far.

Most episodes were mediocre, actually.

"Sexual Healing" was good. Some good satire. The way they made fun of the way society invents a "sexual addiction" to explain carnal male behavior was smart. It made a good comment on the Tiger Woods issue. The monkey scene...funny. The alien wizard thing was a weak third Act.

The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs pretty much said "stop over-analyzing our shows." There was nothing else to the show...except some cheap Sarah Jessica Parker laughs.

Medicinal Fried Chicken...fairly smart in the way it implied that KFC and fast food in general are the real evil, and marijuana is not. But as for laughs? Not many there. Cartman was horrendously out-of-character in an uninspired Scarface parody.

"You Have 0 Friends"...horrid. Outdated Facebook jokes/observations that were 4 years too late. They seemed really out-of-touch with this one.

Crippled Summer was completely unremarkable.

The second run has been disgraceful (Poor and Stupid and It's a Jersey Thing both sucked).

200 and 201 were really good, possibly great, episodes. But the thing is...I feel like they're only good because they bring back characters/concepts from the old episodes.

I'm sorry if I come off strong, I just am easily fed up with people when it comes to South Park because I'm used to dealing with people who've barely watched the show.

I've watched for years. I'm a long-time fan.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Jarvio

Postby Jarvio » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:48 am

What did I say in the pre-air discussion thread?!

Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:49 pmWed Nov 03, 2010 12:28 pm3
Just thought of something else actually... IF mysterion is KENNY.... then they could simply reveal his identity to us the viewers by killing off mysterion... and then have Stan/Kyle shout 'oh my god they killed kenny' immediately after. I think that is a possibility. Plus it would be the perfect way to reveal mysterion's true identity if it is kenny...
wizboy2k

Postby wizboy2k » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:52 am

4. "It's a three-parter."

Wasn't the critically acclaimed and loved "Imaginationland" a three-parter? Hate that episode but point being you can't really knock an episode for it's length. If anything it's adding more to it in my opinion by not rushing it. [/quote]
Come on man, you're comparing this to Imaginationland? Imaginationland was a smart idea...the whole idea of terrorists attacking our imagination is enough to sustain an entire movie. Splitting it into three episodes was justified by the quality.

With this trilogy...there's nothing in it to justify the split.

I totally agree. While Imaginationland could have been absolutely incredible with a few months to flesh out and refine ideas it was a very entertaining story. I have commented regarding this before but M&T really did rip on TV shows for 2 and 3 parters in one of the DVD commentaries in season 6,7, or 8 and now they do one per season. I really think Go God Go was the best followed by imaginationland. I did enjoy the coon parts of ep 1 on multiple viewings but I don't know I'd this ep will work the same way. I do love the Coon but this story seems a bit stretched out so far and we have another 22 minutes to fill.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”