*1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

SnaffleJBean

Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion

Postby SnaffleJBean » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:10 pm

djs89 wrote:What was up with that part where Cartman is sitting on the monster? That confused me, it was like something straight out of a Japanese cartoon

That's because it was :D

It was a strange thing to put in SP though; I imagine not many people that watch the show have watched Totoro (or any anime)

Were some of the comic book pages in the beginning colored-in concept/storyboard drawings? They look like they were both drawn in the same style.
CHAOS ph D

Postby CHAOS ph D » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:16 pm

my gawd! totoro = cthulhu!!! one of the best parody ever!
kenny always had a good voice, too bad he rarely use it.
ralphy

Postby ralphy » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:33 pm

Awesome ep!!!!!!

just awesome!!!

Probably one of the best eps!

Although I have the feeling that M&T are saying good bye...
yourealackeymackey

Postby yourealackeymackey » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:41 pm

I found someone's post who said why did Kenny die and end up in his bed?

He said to Captain Hindsight in an earlier scene that he was immortal. The thing that sucked though, was that he would die, be asleep in his bed, and his friends would never remember that he was dead.

For the kid who compared this to Imaginationland, get real dude. Imaginationland was better than both of the movies Trey and Matt made, and is incomparable to this trilogy.

This isn't a bad multi-parter, but this is a lot worse than the ones they have had in the past (Go God Go, and Pandemic [which was odd, but a funny odd]). I hope they can redeem this one with a stronger ending to the trilogy, but I will not get my hopes up.

This has been their weakest 1/2 season that I can recall. I've really enjoyed their newer stuff, but this is not as strong.
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:49 pm

I just knew it had to be Kenny as Mysterion. Though, I did wonder if he was the kite hero guy, rewatching it last weeks. Since the kite hero guy was being quiet last week. But this week he sounded like Kyle and being buddy buddy with Stan.

Though, I did thought of Kenny being more as Mysterion. Since Kenny has never had a problem with standing up to Cartman. Kenny always fought back.
Last edited by Hayley B on Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
shok

Postby shok » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:52 pm

Is it sure that the next episode will be also dealing with mysterion & the others? i thought that i read somewhere that there will be only 2 episodes. But a trilogy would be nice.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:37 pm

Ooh, three-parter. M'kay. I didn't quite like this one as much as part 1. The first few acts seemed kind of sluggish for some reason. I watched it in a pubic place with the brightness on my screen turned down, so I was squinting trying to make out stuff, and also trying not to laugh too hard as to annoy people.

I was pretty surprised that the Mysterion reveal happened as soon as it did. Then after that, I thought that they'd keep us from finding out who was who in regards to 'Kite and Mosquito. (omg, I just had a horrible and unfortunate thought... "kite"... "kike"? And I now hate my brain for doing that. Bad brain!) I at least thought that they'd drag out who is who for a little while, but nope. Jeez, I mean, they've just been destroying all the little what-ifs and why-ares in South Park lore this season. Hell, they're not just destroying them, they're blowing them the damn away with a scatter-gun. It really has me thinking that we're one away from done.
I'm still loving how awesome the animation is getting. Cthulu was f*cking badass looking. Y'all can hate on the 3D all you want, but I love it.
I am glad to see that I wasn't the only one who was wholly and utterly creeped the f*ck out by Cartman being "cute". Although I giggled at him being sneezed off Cthulu's belly, and at the "tummy rubs". *good puppy-dog... oh.* It also took much of the fiber of my being to keep from laughing at the Neverending Storyesque scene/montage of him riding on C. The song alone had me giggling pretty good.
It was a medium-big surprise that Kenny's parents went to those meetings. Although their explanation seems fitting. I have a feeling that we'll find out in part three that his mom was like knocked up by Cthulu or something, and he's the forbidden fruit of a passion that no one must speak of.
The Goths showing up were a nice surprise. And Kindergoth with a switchblade spouting deviltry-mess? That wasn't disturbing at all! :shock:
I'm trying to think if there was anything else I wanted to mention. I don't think there is right now. I've only read a page and a half of discussion, so Immona go back and finish that now. I'll post more later if I have anything else. :mrgreen:
CherrehCola

Postby CherrehCola » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:50 pm

Hey, shh, guys. Don't worry, there's still a whole season left-even if that ends up being their last one-it's not ending so soon. Chin up!

The scene where Cartman was on the thing's belly was, I agree....disturbing. It kinda made me feel like a peeping tom, since it seemed as if that creature was about to have an orgasm or something. However, the way Cartman kept talking to it and the alien god just stared at him "... :| " made me laugh.

All in all, I liked the episode. The tiny goth was just...so hardcore.

However, it DID surprise me that they flat out killed their "OMG, you killed Kenny" running gag, by having it...make sense, since before, no one cared or questioned it. I again remember that episode where his mom kept giving birth to a ton of Kennys, so...I guess they might've forgotten about that, well, whatever. When Clyde's mom called him out to clean his room, and Mosquito and The Kite just exchanged glances, I almost thought I'd hear a "dun dun dunnn" sound-effect. I'm still glad I know who's who. It's been bugging the Hell out of me for the last few days.
DON'T KICK THE BABY!

~*Dream about the sun,you queen of rain.
Lankaster

Postby Lankaster » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:02 pm

CherrehCola wrote:However, it DID surprise me that they flat out killed their "OMG, you killed Kenny" running gag, by having it...make sense, since before, no one cared or questioned it. I again remember that episode where his mom kept giving birth to a ton of Kennys, so...I guess they might've forgotten about that, well, whatever. When Clyde's mom called him out to clean his room, and Mosquito and The Kite just exchanged glances, I almost thought I'd hear a "dun dun dunnn" sound-effect. I'm still glad I know who's who. It's been bugging the Hell out of me for the last few days.

You know, I also remember that episode where it's stated that Kenny's mother had given birth to 52 Kennys or so...
As a whole, I didn't like this episode...
stevesut1

Postby stevesut1 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:23 pm

Great episode. Looking forward to the conclusion.
Bukowski

Postby Bukowski » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:27 pm

Having been a South Park fan since the very beginning this is the first episode in quite some time where I stood up and cheered!

I'm an old fart and I love this show more and more every year. I don't watch television anymore (my last one is rotting out in my backyard - anyone need a 32" weather beaten Mitsubishi - take it it's yours). But the one thing I never miss is South Park and southparkstudios.com keeps me current. This current Coon episode had me standing up and cheering.

I love Cartman for all the wrong reasons. Foul mouth, beating up friends, big boned, hateful - pretty much me when I was growing up. Him and Cthulhu together burned a warm fire in my heart. That was EPIC!

Kenny as Mysterion made perfect sense and the reveal slid right in there so beautifully that it took a second, "What did he just say?!?!?"

Is this my favorite singular episode? No that is still the NAMBLA episode even after all these years from season 4. This episode though benefited from the build up over the years of character development.

Anywho I loved it.

It's always entertaining to read the back and forth of you South Parkateers. Hate/Love/Indifferent.

I can't wait until next week. Seriously though once South Park, er, Matt & Trey pack up their bags and lock up the old Neighborhood when they leave South Park, it will be a sad day.

Keep up the great work all.
djs89

Postby djs89 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:48 pm

So it really was a spoof of a Japanese cartoon? I knew something about it seemed anime-like. Except I thought the song was a parody of an 80's cartoon. You know those annoying themesongs with the shrill woman singing? A trademark of nearly every children cartoon made during the 80's.

Anyway, I really liked this one. It reminded me of an old season episode but with nicer graphics. You can tell they really put thought into it.

They just need to get Professor Chaos more involved. How can he just sit in a cage for four days? Why haven't the other kids let him free yet? Some superheros they are. :(
Last edited by djs89 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunniva

Postby Sunniva » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:50 pm

I was right, exept that I mixed up Kyle and Clyde :mrgreen: I love Kenny!
missdarcy

Postby missdarcy » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:21 pm

Hooray!!! I am super pumped that Kenny is Mysterion! I had a feeling that it was Kenny, more so wanted it to be Kenny, but didn't think Trey and Matt would give us that satisfaction.

I was so off with my speculation that Kyle was the mosquito, but I should have rethought that when I noticed mosquito was not told to do an internet search when they were splitting up jobs for something in last weeks episode.

Cartman was pretty hilarious in this episode. Gotta love the fake nice manipulative act!

:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :parishilton: :parishilton: :parishilton: :santa: :santa: :assface: :assface: :assface: :assface: :assface: :assface: :unhoodedkenny: :unhoodedkenny: :unhoodedkenny: :unhoodedkenny: :unhoodedkenny: :unhoodedkenny: :unhoodedkenny: :unhoodedkenny: :unhoodedkenny: :unhoodedkenny: :unhoodedkenny: :unhoodedkenny: :unhoodedkenny: :unhoodedkenny: :unhoodedkenny: :unhoodedkenny: :unhoodedkenny: :unhoodedkenny: :unhoodedkenny: :frozenkenny: :frozenkenny: :frozenkenny: :frozenkenny: :frozenkenny: :frozenkenny: :frozenkenny: :frozenkenny: :frozenkenny: :frozenkenny: :frozenkenny: :frozenkenny: :frozenkenny: :santa: :parishilton:
~~take off our clothes and loo loo loo~~

~~you french-fry when you should pizza, you're gonna have a bad time~~
missdarcy

Postby missdarcy » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:33 pm

PS- how did Cartman get his nails through airport security! The f*ck!?
~~take off our clothes and loo loo loo~~

~~you french-fry when you should pizza, you're gonna have a bad time~~

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”