*1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

NinjaSkittles

Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion

Postby NinjaSkittles » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:10 pm

Well, I liked this episode. It was funny and good, so yeah I liked it. It was kinda intense. lol. Finding out Kenny, Kyle, and Clyde's identity and all that. First we find out Cartman's dad, and now we know who Mysterion is. It's like the season of truths. XD

So kenny is mysterion. I'm okay with that. My second favourite character just got a whole lot awesomer! But, I didn't really want to know about Kenny's deaths. I liked the mystery of it. But I can't complain over something like that. And poor Kenny. knowing people don't care about him a whole lot.. that must be very tough to know.

Clyde is Mosquito and Kyle is Human Kite. That's what I wanted so.. :) lol. I like when Mosquito, Human Kite and Mint Berry Crunch were like looking at eachother because those are the ones we didnt know. I found that part a bit funny lol. And when the Mosquito keeps on buzzing. haha. And it didn't sound like Kyle was putting up a voice in this episode. He sounded like his normal self in this one.

Kay, I was kinda creeped out when Cartman was acting "cute." I found it really creepy actually. But at the same time really funny. When cartman giggled I was like O_O?? but then I started laughing because it was funny.

Butters is still locked up. HAHA

Kay, I didn't see the commercial, but people were talking about a premiere commercial for the second half of season 14, and they said they saw Kyle and Stan with giant mosquito looking things. So what if in the next episode Cartman some how gets those two and maybe others in the other demension thing he was talking about?

This episode kinda hit me hard with the knowledge of how as of now southpark is finished next season. I don't want southpark to end soon :( I've been a fan for what, like 5ish months? I wanna experience a few more seasons being aired. Please continue a few more seasons after this!!

So, I can't wait for the last part of this trioligy. :)

EDIT: Oh, also I lol'd at these parts:

~When Mysterion said he finds cartman's anger funny.
~Whenever Timmy said TIMMAH when the others said their super hero's name.
~When Cartman beat up that little girl.
~SHOULDA WOULDA AND COULDA

And I also liked the Goth kids in this episode :D
Last edited by NinjaSkittles on Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby 203177 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:14 pm

its finally reavealed kenny is mysterion! yay! i really liked him in this ep. i liked the whole can i do thing. the song with gutulu is kinda gay. and cartman acting all cute towards gutulu was creeping me out. so kyle is the kite and clyde is the mosquito. i so happy they brang back the goth kids and those two geeky computer guys from season 4. and mr adler. it was kinda better than part 1 so 7/10 for me.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
SirKerrek

Postby SirKerrek » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:33 pm

Mysterion is Kenny!!

Here, I was planning to express some sort of self-praise of my powers of deduction, because I did predict it, but then I realized: it was kinda obvious.

For those of you who looked at the glass of water or listened to voices or what-have-you, and reached a different conclusion, that doesn't make you inept. It just means you failed to notice one compelling piece of evidence that it was Kenny: it just felt that way.

I suppose it could've been Dog-Poo or like Bebe or some crap, just so M&T could screw with us, but I didn't feel like they would. They already did screw with us regarding Mysterion's identity. Now they just gave it to us straight.

W/r/t the episode's quality: it was good. But only good.

The plot was badass and I loved that they worked Kenny's interesting relationship with death into the episode. The comic-book stuff was cool, and I loved the Totoro and Lebron James commercial references. Cartman being cute was... oddly discomforting. And bringing back the goth kids didn't feel forced. Just funny.

But overall the episode lacked in humor in a fairly significant way. And although I appreciate the argument that not every episode has to put you in stitches, this is a comedy show, people.

I'm excited for the conclusion, although nervous. I hope they didn't expend all their cool ideas for this superhero adventure in the first two parts. I have my fingers crossed.

7.5/10
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
bloodydouche

everybody fooled

Postby bloodydouche » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:42 pm

I'm not buying it. Remember this is Southpark. Dream sequence at end and others only say, "put on your costume". A why does mint-berry crunch's voice keep changing?? I think everybody as been fooled. It will not be kenny in the end.
brucebrick

Postby brucebrick » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:46 pm

i love how cthulu has completely different animations than the rest of south park, it makes him stand out more....well done creators :wink:

Postby 203177 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:10 pm

this calls for a three parter

justgraceful14

Postby justgraceful14 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:16 pm

A lot of people are saying that the reveal of Mysterion was unexpected, but actually they pretty much revealed him last week, when they showed all the boys with out thier costumes on. The only ones who they hadn't already revealed or had obvious costumes (like Timmy or Token) where Kite Man, Misquito, and Mysterion. Misquito has a naisly voice so he fit best as Clyde (and its most like Clyde to want to make lemon bars instead of fighting or scheming). So it's down to Kite Man and Mysterion. You know one of them has to be Kyle and the other Kenny, and you know Kyle can't be Mysterion because they meet in Mysterion's first episode "The Coon". So the only one who could be Mysterion is Kenny. And BTW this is my favorite episode EVER, and that's saying a lot because I love south park and I've seen ever episode. :D
toolshed

Postby toolshed » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:16 pm

For all of you who say that Kenny's previous rebirths don't make sense or contradict each other, well it's not suppose to make sense! It's a cartoon and it's not suppose to be freaking realistic. Kenny has come back from the dead by different ways such as his mother giving birth to him again to him materializing out of thin air. Kenny waking up in his bed after dying is just another way for Trey and Matt to get the point across that he can never die. South Park has always been a show where anything weird can happen with no given explanation. That's to be expected.
IHeartKennyMcCormick

Postby IHeartKennyMcCormick » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:20 pm

Well, now I can write my fanfiction in peace knowing Mysterion is Kenny~ :gaykenny:

I can't wait for a part three~

And, I'm guessing a DVD release of the Coon and Friends cotaining all four episodes with a few extra stuff added in will be in our futures~
Butters Best Moment: I like that Boom Boom Pow...

Kenny's Best Moment: PHFFFT ALL OF THEM!
I love K2: Kyle x Kenny. And Cartters: Cartman x Butters. All other couples don't really matter.
alex12

Postby alex12 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:30 pm

Dude I was so convinced that Mysterion was Clyde...Because that was what it felt like in the previous episodes. When he had been out all night yaning in school and having that poster in the locker.
Well that proves that I don´t have the same thinking mind like Matt and Trey.
Matt916

Postby Matt916 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:38 pm

I just wanted to say something about the whole water thing with mint berry crunch. This episode actually made it make sense that kenny could afford something other then water because when he is mysterion and talks to his parents they do say at one point something to the effect of "we're nicer to our kids and give them allowance." So it actually makes sense that kenny can buy something other than water.
Overall i thought this episode was very good, the Lebron commerical was the best though
neocarleen

Postby neocarleen » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:53 pm

neocarleen wrote:Poor Kenny. Always dying and nobody caring.
Although it makes me curious... I'm probably thinking too much into this, but... :roll:
What if Kenny set up a camera by his bed, or kept some kind of recording device on him at all times. What physically happens to him when he dies? According to his story, he heals, has his clothes magically changed back into his parka, and then teleport back into bed.
:unhoodedkenny: And then everyone's memory changes. That one's kinda weird too. It's not that they forget. At the end of the episode, they ask why Kenny ran away, not "hey Kenny, where'd you go last night?"
And it's all connected to Cthulhu somehow.

I just had another thought:
Do the boys remember any of season 6? I mean, they seem to forget Kenny dying and everything that happens after that until he reappears in his bed. So did they forget everything that happened between him dying of muscular dystrophy in "Kenny Dies" and when he comes back in "Red Sleigh Down"? That was a entire season he was dead. Do they remember that?
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:54 pm

It wasn't bad. It was very schizophrenic, and the parts with Cartman and Cthulu were creepy as all hell. I feel unclean.

But in one of my fics, I described Cartman as a creature out of the screaming hellchasms of the Cthulu mythos, so it is all good. I liked Kenny and information about the parents, always nice.

It is hard to describe, how I feel. I dislike that it appears that Cthulu will be a bigger part of the finale, and I dislike that we have added too much seriousness to the kid's plot. Yet the Cratman and Cthulu part(I can see the horrifying pairings someone will come up with now) was creepy in a very Cartmanish way, and everything with the kids relates to the kids. Hard to describe.

8.5/10. If less Cthulu, would have been higher.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
lollirot

Postby lollirot » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:57 pm

Ahisgewaya wrote:And by the way, best part of the episode?

"MINTBERRY CRUNCH!"

Freaking epic.

Can't agree more <3 Adore that morsel

and minor characters love for the win!

All else I have to say about this episode, quite a bit!
I like Kenny as Mysterion and Mysterion's life tale for once infact makes the f*cked up world of South Park make slight sense. (yes with the science-fiction factors and all that included) This plot has put together lots of (but there are far too many more to solve) riddles in the show that you probably struggle with. I like the the show doesn't make sense and that it's not a one way show but at times the easter eggs and riddles drive me insane. I won't begin to conceptualize a story that part three (four?) might bring, it will go to my head ^^ I never suspected this! I will not try now. It's going to slowly kill me till next Wednesday!
:frozenkenny:
My other favorite special feature to this episode was the Mysterion comic pages at start. Those we're fascinating! I have read many comic and manga graphic pages fan-made for the show but I was interested for years what an official comic might look like. The recreation in scenery was so impressive!

Great job South Park!!!

I would do anything to own a Mysterion Poster/Comics!
I'm a minor character fan, proud background sniper and fiction addicted!
Fav-Characters Tweek, Terrance, Red

Snap Krackle Pop it in your mouth and wash it down your piehole with a tall and cold glass of shut the f*ck up :)

Postby 203177 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:12 pm

the thing i hate that people act immature about mysterion being kenny like "ha i told you he was mysterion! and no one listened to me and every was saying it was clyde." well we can't all guess he was kenny right and it it very hard to tell who anyway so why be immature about it then? :roll: i was gonna guess clyde at first anyways.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”