*1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Diabeteth

Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Diabeteth » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:43 am

CherrehCola wrote:I think maybe Kenny didn't mean that they don't remember his deaths, but that they've gotten so used to them that they don't care, since they know he'll come back.

They remembered it as Kenny running away. Not as getting stabbed.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
SPFAN117

Postby SPFAN117 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:52 am

I just hope they dont kill kenny off for good in the next episode.
bigbone69

Postby bigbone69 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:53 am

Great episode, I really like it.

and I would really like, if on the end of the next episode, there would be a massive final battle, between cartman and kenny, as the coon and mysterion of course, with thunderstorms and a city of chaos on the background, and we get to see stan, kyle, and all the guys, unconscious, and on the ground, as if they really fought.

Then there is cartman and kenny, still standing up, cartman saying "prepare for the final battle kenny", and kenny saying "my name is mysterion" as they are face to face and about to go into battle, while the announcer just comes in and says "the coon vs mysterion, on the final battle to save south park, don't miss next week episode of, south park - the end", and there wouldn't be a new episode, they would end it right there... :lol:

I know it would be too dramatic and all that, but at least they would make fun of all those over dramatic action movies and it kind of fits in, since there is Cthulhu and is the end of the world.

-sorry for the double post, didn't realize the posts were so slow.-
Last edited by bigbone69 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
CellphoneBobby

Postby CellphoneBobby » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:03 am

Totally got the Tonari no Totoro references.

Postby 203177 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:09 am

cherry cola im not referring to you. only other people on other webbies. so dont be hurt. :) but now know that clyde is mosquito cause of his pants. i forgot kyle does not wear brown he wears green
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
clydefrog4963

Postby clydefrog4963 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:21 am

Diabeteth wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Wow, if ever there was a "jumped the shark" episode, this was it.

I'm inclined to agree. :( God, you don't actually talk about Kenny's deaths, or go into any details about the mechanics of it. It's one of the Ten Commandments or something.

Oh come on! Even Kenny knows he is going to die. Watch Mr. Hankey The Christmas Poo...Kenny is afraid to do stuff because knows he dies.

I can't remember what episode it is but they ask kenny why he don't do something and kenny says "Because, I'll f*ckin die" and they say "you're not going to die."

In Tweek Vs. Craig, Kenny takes home ec. because he thinks he'll die if he takes shop class.

In Cartmanland, they tell cartman about "the little boy who was killed at your theme park" and Cartman says "who, Kenny?? He dies all the time!"

In Cow Days, they tell kenny to go help cartman and he starts to..then he says "nuh uh" and climbs back up the fence.

Trust me man, it's no secret that kenny dies..even to the south park residents and kenny himself.
Pro-Choice vs. Cartman
Pro-Gun Control vs. Cartman
People Against The Clubbing Of Baby Seals vs. Cartman

My SP Collection: http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n104 ... 010192.jpg
bob101910

Postby bob101910 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:25 am

For some reason these forums run slow on my laptop, so I didn't check every page to see if this has been mentioned already.

Cartman being cute about halfway through the episode and the song at the end are references to the animated movie "My Neighbor Totoro". Remember watching it as a kid. Still have it on VHS. Wasn't expecting South Park to reference it. Didn't think it was well known.
clydefrog4963

Postby clydefrog4963 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:26 am

NG2NATE wrote:funny they showed san francisco. i was just there for there first world series win parade. i wonder if there first world series win was why this episode referenced sf

Nah, I don't think so.....I think it has to do with Cartman's line: "Why don't you go back to san fransisco with the rest of the jews!?" from the first season...I think it's the pink eye episode
Pro-Choice vs. Cartman

Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:20 am

^ That line was an Elephant Makes Love to a Pig :)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
khino

Postby khino » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:25 am

lawl. so many ppl underestimated kenny. i knew it had to be him!
clydefrog4963

Postby clydefrog4963 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:27 am

Stanluv25 wrote:^ That line was an Elephant Makes Love to a Pig :)

Thanks :) I could only remember it being outside of Mephesto's lab and for some reason I associated that scene with halloween...

One of my favorite lines from that episode...
"Oh thank Buddha I found you boys!"
hahha
Pro-Choice vs. Cartman

SPFAN117

Postby SPFAN117 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:34 am

Im not sure if this would count cause the whole episode was Stans dream but in City on the Edge of Forever they ask How could kenny have died then when that monster just killed him?
Ganjan12

Postby Ganjan12 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:48 am

This episode sucked hands down. Cartman being cute has to be the gayest thing I have ever seen, and I once saw 2 gay guys in a park making out. I know they were referencing some crap anime but it's just dumb and so out of character for Cartman. I don't even know how they could make a 3 part episode with Captain Hindsight and the BP oil spill.
There are so many things that could be so much funnier that Matt and Trey both refuse to touch, example being the healthcare plan or how politicians don't read any of the laws they pass.
These last 2 episodes simply weren't that funny and it makes me feel like South Park is jumping the shark, and this is coming from a guy who has avidly supported South Park for over 10 years.
kushman

Postby kushman » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:16 am

Matt Stone and Trey Parker, you guys are chumps now. what is the deal with all this filler. Do you guys even right this stuff anymore or do you guys just pay people to do it for since you guys are rich lazy jews. Its enough trying to reinvent south park, go back to the o.g sh*t. its been long enough. Been a huge fan since season 1 and have all the seasons. so do us a favor and make a f*cking funny episode thats retard stoner simple. thats how you guys made all your money. the past couple of seasons just seem like its not you and your trying to actually build stories and stuff. go back to being simple, vulgar, brutal, offensive and most of all funny!
Diabeteth

Postby Diabeteth » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:26 am

clydefrog4963 wrote:Oh come on! Even Kenny knows he is going to die. Watch Mr. Hankey The Christmas Poo...Kenny is afraid to do stuff because knows he dies.

I can't remember what episode it is but they ask kenny why he don't do something and kenny says "Because, I'll f*ckin die" and they say "you're not going to die."

In Tweek Vs. Craig, Kenny takes home ec. because he thinks he'll die if he takes shop class.

In Cartmanland, they tell cartman about "the little boy who was killed at your theme park" and Cartman says "who, Kenny?? He dies all the time!"

In Cow Days, they tell kenny to go help cartman and he starts to..then he says "nuh uh" and climbs back up the fence.

Trust me man, it's no secret that kenny dies..even to the south park residents and kenny himself.

That's not what I meant, but whatever. No point getting worked up over it. If you really want to know, I was upset that they were not only referencing his deaths for a purpose besides humor, but setting up to explain why he comes back. I'm (mostly) over it now, so it doesn't matter. Okay?
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”