*1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

scottync

Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion

Postby scottync » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:33 pm

I'm really enjoying the whole thing with Kenny, both with him being Mysterion and his awareness/numbness to his constant death cycle. But a lot of the rest of the episode feels like filler. It's like a two-parter has been stretched out into a three-parter. I mean, the whole spoof of the Lebron ad is kind of funny, at least good for a laugh at the end when Cartman says, "nah, I'll just keep being a dick", but in a couple of months, once everyone has forgotten about that commercial, that whole montage won't make any sense or be remotely funny.
IKyman

Postby IKyman » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:35 pm

Yes, Kenny is making me liking him more now :unhoodedkenny:
Run_IL

Postby Run_IL » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:41 pm

Can someone tell me who is who?
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:49 pm

zzyzx 1 wrote:*a lot of things*

What I mean is did you see the pics on the main prod. blog page? They don't tend to show up in the forum discussion thread, and I sometimes feel that people just visit the forum page and not the actual blog page.
The Penguin has nothing to do with the episode. It was just something that Steve was having fun with. That's all.
lollirot

Postby lollirot » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:53 pm

Run_IL wrote:Can someone tell me who is who?

Ya

Mysterion - Kenny
The Coon - Cartman
Mint Berry Crunch - Bradley, NOT the same Bradley as in "Cartman Sucks"
Toolshed - Stan
Iron Maiden - Timmy
Human Kite - Kyle
Tupperware - Token
Mosquito - Clyde
Captain Hindsight - Jack Brolin
I'm a minor character fan, proud background sniper and fiction addicted!
Fav-Characters Tweek, Terrance, Red

Snap Krackle Pop it in your mouth and wash it down your piehole with a tall and cold glass of shut the f*ck up :)
JOSHSKORN

Postby JOSHSKORN » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:30 pm

Prediction: This will be a four-part episode. Think about it. There's two episodes left in the season. I don't see why they'd follow up a 3-part episode with a single episode. It doesn't quite make sense. Secondly, Cartman, or "The Coon" has convinced Ctulu to head toward South Park to destroy "Coon & Friends". I just don't see this wrapping up completely after just one more episode.

If this does end up a 3-part episode, please end the season with something MUCH better than "Pee". Ugh!
bmoreravens12

Postby bmoreravens12 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:33 pm

I hope they don't kill off kenny again! They will make the same fan base mad again!
CherrehCola

Postby CherrehCola » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:44 pm

JOSHSKORN wrote:Prediction: This will be a four-part episode. Think about it. There's two episodes left in the season. I don't see why they'd follow up a 3-part episode with a single episode. It doesn't quite make sense. Secondly, Cartman, or "The Coon" has convinced Ctulu to head toward South Park to destroy "Coon & Friends". I just don't see this wrapping up completely after just one more episode.

If this does end up a 3-part episode, please end the season with something MUCH better than "Pee". Ugh!

I agree, I think it'll be a 4 parter as well.
DON'T KICK THE BABY!

~*Dream about the sun,you queen of rain.

Postby 203177 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:11 pm

why 4? imaginationland was 3 right? but who knows? maybe they have so many script pages and alot of ideas so maybe it might be a 4 parter. since they cant put all of there ideas in one ep since its only have an hour.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
KennyMcAmazing

Postby KennyMcAmazing » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:27 pm

I called from the first episode that Kenny was Mysterion. I always had a feeling it was him. Then in the episode from last week, I felt even more convinced that it was Kenny.

This episode was GREAT. Kenny is my favorite character, so I love any episode that is centered around him =D It was cool getting to hear the way Kenny talks in a way you can understand, because usually the most vulgarity we get from him is "F YOU" or "SH*T!", so it was awesome getting to hear him, especially when he was explaining why they were still Coon and friends.

Also, his power is a great way to explain his death. It was awesome.

New favorite episode? Yes.

And the Animation was BRILLIANT.
I LOVE KENNY! Second favorite characters: Kyle and Butters
KennyMcAmazing

Postby KennyMcAmazing » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:35 pm

bmoreravens12 wrote:I hope they don't kill off kenny again! They will make the same fan base mad again!

I'm REALLY afraid that might happen. I'm really hoping that Matt and Trey are just utilizing Kenny more.

They killed him off the first time because they thought he became too much of a prop, but if you look at it, Kenny's gotten a few big episodes to himself now, or ones that he's a big character in. Within the last two seasons, he got "The Ring" and "Poor and Stupid" was a Cartman vs. Kenny episode. Now he's gotten this Mysterion episode, and I guess technically you could count the past two Mysterion episodes, because Matt and Trey knew the whole time it was Kenny (I think, correct me if I'm wrong). With the addition of this Mysterion episode, Kenny got a huge episode to himself that we were able to understand what he was saying in... so that's a lot of character development.

I'm just afraid that with Kenny trying to find how to make himself mortal, that he'll succeed and then actually die. Which CAN'T happen. I'll be soooooo upset. I love Kenny!
I LOVE KENNY! Second favorite characters: Kyle and Butters
Diabeteth

Postby Diabeteth » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:38 pm

I'm pretty sure as soon as the episode finished its first air and the credits were rolling, I heard something about next time being "the exciting conclusion" or some shit like that. Maybe I was just imagining it, but if not this means the episode is three parts, not four.

Honestly, guys, I think four parts would be overkill. Hell, dragging this out to be three parts may not work well. We'll just have to wait and see.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:43 pm

Diabeteth wrote:I'm pretty sure as soon as the episode finished its first air and the credits were rolling, I heard something about next time being "the exciting conclusion" or some shit like that. Maybe I was just imagining it, but if not this means the episode is three parts, not four.

Honestly, guys, I think four parts would be overkill. Hell, dragging this out to be three parts may not work well. We'll just have to wait and see.

How about on the next run in March/April, Season 15A have a 7-part episode :roll:

BRMBug wrote:*some stuff about the pics in the production blog*

Yes, I always see the pics in two places: (they are never on the BBS post of nall's): 1) On the blog page itself; 2) From the foreign country SPS BBS pages; their BBS blog page DOES include the pics :mrgreen:

lollirot wrote:
Run_IL wrote:Can someone tell me who is who?

Ya

Mysterion - Kenny
The Coon - Cartman
Mint Berry Crunch - Bradley, NOT the same Bradley as in "Cartman Sucks"
Toolshed - Stan
Iron Maiden - Timmy
Human Kite - Kyle
Tupperware - Token
Mosquito - Clyde
Captain Hindsight - Jack Brolin

You forgot one: Prof. Chaos = Butters :)

EDIT: @Run_IL: Tip of the day: I know you are new here; you just joined SPS on October 07, almost one month you've been here. In reading threads in a forum, the trick is to actually read them. Your question: "Can someone tell me who is who?" was answered by me one page earlier in this very thread. All you had to do is read one page back for your answer. Another way would have been for you to actually have watched the episode before you posted. Enjoy your time here on the board :)
Eyeyball Nipple

Postby Eyeyball Nipple » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:02 am

Great episode. Laughed at just about everything! The Kenny reveal was cool, but if you paid attention, you could have figured it out beforehand--still awesome, and his "super power"... cool twist. The idea that he has been aware of his deaths all along, for a decade and half, is just a great plot device. Watching certain Kenny deaths from episodes past will be seen in a whole new light now.

Cartman was seriously derranged as always. People refer to "cute Cartman" as strange, but I think one of the coolest things is how SP never lets go of the idea that, no matter how screwed up things get, the main characters are still children at heart. Cartman just mocking the tactics he'd witnessed in an anime film to befriend a dark overlord is exactly the kind of idea a child would think might work. Great stuff, and killer animation of "Big Sleepy Man" flying around and being just f*cking weird in general. LOL!!

I loved it! One of my favorite episodes ever! Thank you Matt & Trey! South Park rules, and keeps getting better. F*ck the haters. All hail Cthulhu!!

Postby 203177 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:15 am

that will just kill the season 14 complete season if there was a four. i want 1414 do be something else.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”