*1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

8shortfuse

Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion

Postby 8shortfuse » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:26 am

scottync wrote:I'm really enjoying the whole thing with Kenny, both with him being Mysterion and his awareness/numbness to his constant death cycle. But a lot of the rest of the episode feels like filler. It's like a two-parter has been stretched out into a three-parter. I mean, the whole spoof of the Lebron ad is kind of funny, at least good for a laugh at the end when Cartman says, "nah, I'll just keep being a dick", but in a couple of months, once everyone has forgotten about that commercial, that whole montage won't make any sense or be remotely funny.

Not everyone will forget that commercial. Especially not us Ohioans, myself included (not that I really care that he left. it was his decision). lol people still talk about it. Although, most people are trying to make a point that the Cavs don't need LeBron to win.

edit: They have actually recently come out with another commecial in responce to his. It's called "Clevlands response to LeBron James" or something like that. In the artcle the videos in they actually refrence South Park, though only briefly. heres the link http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_d ... nba-282886 the vidoes right on the page. Ohio is not happy with him. end edit.

If Kenny is still just as much as a tool as he ever was then he'll probably die at the end of this...either continuing with the curse or with it being lifted. One way or another its bound to happen.

Also commenting on the people who mentioned an epic battle between Coon and Mysterion. I agree that would be awesome! and it would make a good end to the saga too. heh, maybe Cartman will finally get whats coming to him and be sucked into the darkness with Cthulu.
Last edited by 8shortfuse on Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
sheldon150

Postby sheldon150 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:29 am

Loved the Totoro references and still can't believe that other people actually know what that is. Did anyone notice Totoro in the imaginationland episode?
HankZ922

Postby HankZ922 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:40 am

The conclusion is now all about the riddle/prophecy of Kenny. Knowing how much m&t love to parody popular movies/commercials/youtube hits/politicians you have to realize whats gonna happen with this saga. HARRY POTTER 7 part 1 comes to theatres on the 19. the final episode of this season airs the wednesday before that, but the HP story is already known. I wouldn't doubt that m&t will turn kenny into harry somehow to defeat the evil kthulhu. OR EVEN break the finale of the trilogy into two parts... just like the finale of HP is a two parter. making it a four episode trilogy which would only make sense in world of south park.

OR MAYBE... they pull an april fools day prank in november and dont show the finale, but instead... TERRANCE AND PHILIP????

who knows, either way, I CANT WAIT.
8shortfuse

Postby 8shortfuse » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:11 am

HankZ922 wrote:The conclusion is now all about the riddle/prophecy of Kenny. Knowing how much m&t love to parody popular movies/commercials/youtube hits/politicians you have to realize whats gonna happen with this saga. HARRY POTTER 7 part 1 comes to theatres on the 19. the final episode of this season airs the wednesday before that, but the HP story is already known. I wouldn't doubt that m&t will turn kenny into harry somehow to defeat the evil kthulhu. OR EVEN break the finale of the trilogy into two parts... just like the finale of HP is a two parter. making it a four episode trilogy which would only make sense in world of south park.

OR MAYBE... they pull an april fools day prank in november and dont show the finale, but instead... TERRANCE AND PHILIP????

who knows, either way, I CANT WAIT.

I just read the Harry Potter thing somewhere else too and I agree. Theres a good chance they will parody that even though its not out yet. most people still know how it ends. But thats the only reason they may avoid it, because it hasn't actually been released.

Postby 203177 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:48 am

im really showing a big liking to kenny now since this ep.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
KennyMcAmazing

Postby KennyMcAmazing » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:14 am

I'm just soooo happy about this episode though. Literally, Kenny has ALWAYS been my favorite character, so this just makes me SO happy. I'm deathly afraid that they're going to try to kill him off for good though... they CAN'T. They need to use him as a character, as he's being used now. KENNY FOREVER!!!! I LOVE KENNY!!!!! -fan girl squeal-
I LOVE KENNY! Second favorite characters: Kyle and Butters
CherrehCola

Postby CherrehCola » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:24 am

203177 wrote:im really showing a big liking to kenny now since this ep.

Same here. I always liked Kenny, but now he's just, well...he's actually really cool. I guess with all the pervy stuff, and him not really talking and what not, I never noticed before.
DON'T KICK THE BABY!

~*Dream about the sun,you queen of rain.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:44 am

So I just watched Lil' Crime Stoppers...

In the scene right before the boys confront the owner of the Peppermint Hippo, he mentions to one of his colleagues that he's going to have "...the McCormicks make our meth again".

I guess now that there's a reference to it in "Mysterion Rises", it makes sense. I probably didn't catch it the first time around.
SlipKoRnsTein

Postby SlipKoRnsTein » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:43 am

South Park will never stop to amaze me, very good episode, in these last episodes have revealed many things...
are the best of all. :mrgreen:
Karlfred

Postby Karlfred » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:57 am

Kenny's my favorite character, and I'm glad they're making this series centered around him. In fact I was convinced Mysterion was Kenny from time they first introduced him last season.
The idea for this 3 episode series is very interesting but I like some others think the plot is being dragged too long.
I don't actually mind if they kill Kenny off, though I doubt they'd do it. If they do decide to snuff him, they'd better make him go out with a bang.
WhitneyAppleton

Postby WhitneyAppleton » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:01 am

Hmmm... I don't know why I have this feeling that something reaaaally bad will happen to Cartman...

I doubt his friends will forgive him after he did now D:
Manapster

Postby Manapster » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:11 am

Why are people scared of m&t killing off Kenny for good? Even if they do in the next episode, you know they will just bring him back like nothing ever happened - that's the true South Park way. It's not logical and it doesn't have to be. I wouldn't be surprised if they do intend on people believing he's gone for good, then just causally bring him back in another episode.
djs89

Postby djs89 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:24 am

Isn't this already a four parter episode?
Theres "The Coon"
The Coon 2
Mysterion Rises
And next week..(the fourth episode)

Hope they don't kill Kenny off for good :(
It would be fun to see Cartman die though, even though he is my favorite.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:54 am

djs89 wrote:Isn't this already a four parter episode?
Theres "The Coon"
The Coon 2
Mysterion Rises
And next week..(the fourth episode)

Hope they don't kill Kenny off for good :(
It would be fun to see Cartman die though, even though he is my favorite.

Yes, djs89. However, under this logic, posters so far when talking about a four-parter are not talking about 1302. If they were, then under this logic we would have a five-parter 8)

But then again, we have has 207 parts of Stan, Kyle, Kenny, and Cartman under this logic as well :!:
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:29 am

As for why they'd want to waste their 16th last episode of the series on a stupid Coon/superheroes episode about the BP oil spill is BEYOND ME.

You have under 6 hours left of material to say what you want to say and wrap your show up, Matt and Trey. The Kenny thing is a step in the right direction...do away with the BP crap.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”