*1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

StnDarsh

Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion

Postby StnDarsh » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:06 pm

This was a great episode. Kenny rules! :unhoodedkenny:

And as for the whole Cartman and Chitulu belly rubbing cuteness scene, it was a parody of a japanese animated film called My Neighbor Totoro. Theres a little girl who acts just like Cartman does with some big creature named Totoro and they do sing a song similiar to the one in this episode. Hope that helps shed some light on the subject.

Postby 203177 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:42 pm

i liked how he was getting massaged thats very kenny like. and i like how his voice changed when hes all like wtf that was very funny. :lol:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
KennyMcAmazing

Postby KennyMcAmazing » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:09 am

My brother just pointed out a big blooper to me:
This is at the end of the theme song, like right before the show starts.
I LOVE KENNY! Second favorite characters: Kyle and Butters
TheViolentLolita

Postby TheViolentLolita » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:18 am

KennyMcAmazing wrote:My brother just pointed out a big blooper to me:
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd21 ... 1-14-1.png
This is at the end of the theme song, like right before the show starts.

I noticed that too! Maybe they didn't want to spoil it for anyone who didn't watch the episode yet? :? Mysterion's glare-wave creeps me out. o.O
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:50 am

They didn't know who mysterious was until a couple weeks ago, and they never change a title sequence mid-run.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
safetosay

Postby safetosay » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:44 am

I'm new to this, so go easy on me.

im pretty late on this post, especially since the last post i saw was like, on page 8.

Anyway, i think this episode was great, amazing even. I LOVED the development of Kenny! When i first saw the revealing of kenny, i came in on the middle of the episode, at the part where Mysterion reveals his power. so his revealing was slow for me. As soon as Mysterion said, "...I can't die."

I died.

I was like, "OMG its Kenny!!!" I was literally happy. In fact, I was happy for SOO long until i read these posts. I never really thought of the explanation for Kenny dying to be an end being tied up...or the END of Kenny. Then, i became upset. Very, very upset.

Since...well, for awhile now, I loved Kenny. When he was a pervert even. This episode made him seem more humane, instead of some perverted 9 year old boy who dies constantly. I personally will now list this episode, as one of my dear favorites.

But the thing that won't get off my mind is...the whole, "All ends being tied up" thing. I LOVE South Park, to death. Always have. I've watched it for a long time now. I'm pretty sure most of us have, but to me it's natural to go online and be able to say, "Oh! new episode of South park!" But for it to end...idk. I've grown to love these characters.

Whenever i was sad, or mad, or WHATEVER, Id go watch South Park. I know this is really weird, because South Park isn't really intended for these deep feelings or whatever, but it always helped me feel better. My mom loves South Park too, so it was always kind of...our thing.

Now that it's rumored to be ending, i feel really upset. South Park is one of those shows that really gets to me. Even though it's just a show intended to make fun of things, and it's kind of stupid sometimes, i'm gonna be sad when it's over.

And then they go and make us love characters so damn much. I mean, this development of Kenny was just awesome. We don't get much of Kenny these days. Why would they make him so incredibly awesome out of nowhere? What's up with all these Kenny episodes? And this whole, "That is not dead, which can eternal lie, with strange ions, even death may die." thing.

I really think Kenny's gonna die next episode guys...for good.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:56 am

OK after reading all these consistant gloom and doom talk I figured I'd watch these episodes again

Even though I find any of this sci-fi type stuff they do on South Park (this includes the athiest one on the second half of season 10) I can't help but notice all of the great classic South Park mixed in

First and foremost, Timmy! He's one of the super heroes, he's covered in metal and his name is "Iron Maiden" which in itself is a riot, and when they introduce all of them he says "Timmy!" like he always does, with a muffled voice from the metal that he's surrounded by.

Then there's the parodies of movies which this show is known for. Its good stuff. I don't like the movies they are referencing, but they are doing a damn good job at it as always.

80s pop culture has in the past been repeatedly parodied in South Park. This last episode, they did Rainbow Brite. That was a riot.

Instead of speculating and specifically doomsaying, enjoy the jokes!
Stan and Kyle :)
neocarleen

Postby neocarleen » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:25 am

Okay, so Kenny's parents went to the cult meetings around ten years ago. Kenny is 8 or 9; so he was conceived close to or during the same time they attended the meetings. That, coupled with the fact that the McCormicks were too drunk to remember anything that happened leads me to believe that they did something there that caused Kenny's immortality.

I'm really want to compare this to the movie "Rosemary's Baby". I wouldn't be surprised if the next episode spoofs or makes a reference.
Of course, Kenny isn't the Antichrist (like Rosemary's baby), but his power does have something to do with Cthulhu.
I wish I had more clues to work with. I guess I'll have to wait until Wednesday again.
halo bender

Postby halo bender » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:29 am

neocarleen wrote:Okay, so Kenny's parents went to the cult meetings around ten years ago. Kenny is 8 or 9; so he was conceived close to or during the same time they attended the meetings. That, coupled with the fact that the McCormicks were too drunk to remember anything that happened leads me to believe that they did something there that caused Kenny's immortality.

I was thinking something along those lines, too. Someone a few pages ago suggested that it might lead up to a Harry Potter thing, since part one of the conclusion comes out this month. I feel a reference to that coming on, myself.

If they're looking at that line "That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die" as a prophecy it could tie into the HP mythology, and then say that Kenny and Cthulu are inexorably tied together ... and then do the end from HP.

I'm sure there are a million directions Matt and Trey could take this. They're probably reading these boards and planning to do whatever will piss fans off the most, just to ease us all in to the series ending :p Whatever they do, I think I'll like it. Part one wasn't exciting for me, but I liked part two more, and that they've explained more about Kenny's repeated deaths. I always found myself wondering if he was aware of his deaths, and other's perceptions of it (although the characters have referenced it dozens of times before in various ways, so I'm still not really solid on that).
MoonBear44

Postby MoonBear44 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:37 am

safetosay wrote:I'm new to this, so go easy on me.

im pretty late on this post, especially since the last post i saw was like, on page 8.

Anyway, i think this episode was great, amazing even. I LOVED the development of Kenny! When i first saw the revealing of kenny, i came in on the middle of the episode, at the part where Mysterion reveals his power. so his revealing was slow for me. As soon as Mysterion said, "...I can't die."

I died.

I was like, "OMG its Kenny!!!" I was literally happy. In fact, I was happy for SOO long until i read these posts. I never really thought of the explanation for Kenny dying to be an end being tied up...or the END of Kenny. Then, i became upset. Very, very upset.

Since...well, for awhile now, I loved Kenny. When he was a pervert even. This episode made him seem more humane, instead of some perverted 9 year old boy who dies constantly. I personally will now list this episode, as one of my dear favorites.

But the thing that won't get off my mind is...the whole, "All ends being tied up" thing. I LOVE South Park, to death. Always have. I've watched it for a long time now. I'm pretty sure most of us have, but to me it's natural to go online and be able to say, "Oh! new episode of South park!" But for it to end...idk. I've grown to love these characters.

Whenever i was sad, or mad, or WHATEVER, Id go watch South Park. I know this is really weird, because South Park isn't really intended for these deep feelings or whatever, but it always helped me feel better. My mom loves South Park too, so it was always kind of...our thing.

Now that it's rumored to be ending, i feel really upset. South Park is one of those shows that really gets to me. Even though it's just a show intended to make fun of things, and it's kind of stupid sometimes, i'm gonna be sad when it's over.

And then they go and make us love characters so damn much. I mean, this development of Kenny was just awesome. We don't get much of Kenny these days. Why would they make him so incredibly awesome out of nowhere? What's up with all these Kenny episodes? And this whole, "That is not dead, which can eternal lie, with strange ions, even death may die." thing.

Awww, I sincerely do not think this the end of South Park! First of all Parker and Stone are under contract thru 2011 (season 15) and I think they will renew for at least 2-3 years! :D Why? because Trey and Matt love making South Park!! Also, 2012 being an election year should give them plenty of ideas!!
South Park has been BY FAR my favorite show the past 10-14 years! No show has made me laugh harder or brightened my day more than South Park!!
aerojockey

Postby aerojockey » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:10 am

Quick predictions before next episode's announcement:
  • It's just a 3 parter, not 4 (M&T tend to do something lighthearted the last show of a run, which this is not)
  • Kenny will fight and banish Cthulhu, thus removing his curse, but dying in the process
  • However the Blue Fairy will show up and grant Kenny's wish to be a real boy (the Blue Fairy is from Pinocchio)
  • Henceforth Kenny will be a regular character, same little perv as ever but unmuffled and unprone

Alternate Theory:
  • Kenny's curse will be removed and he will die for good
  • However, Kenny won't disappear from the show entirely; he'll still make appearances in Heaven
  • Bradley will replace Kenny as one of the Four (I kind of want to see more of Bradley)

Crazy Theory:
  • Cartman will end up with Kenny's curse on account of his alliance with Cthulhu

One Other Question:
  • There is another character in South Park with the power of resurrection. I wonder if He will figure into this somehow?
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:29 am

KennyMcAmazing wrote:
zzyzx 1 wrote:
Now, about 1412: I found this interesting when comparing it to 1302. MnT kept the name of the comic book series/comic book printer the same in both episodes:

*interesting pictures*

That's really really cool! How did you catch that?

Is there any chance that Komik= McKormick? Some differences, but still... maybe a hint at the last name? To show that maybe M&T knew it was Kenny?

Another poster had questions about 1411, 12, and 13 being a trilogy, or if 1302 is part of the triology; so I decided to rewatch 1302. Remembering the beginning of 1412 Mysterion Rises as I have watched it many times already, I was surprised to see the same name of the comic book company as a company doing business in South Park in 1302, The Coon.

When I first saw 1302 I never notice it. But now, after seeing 1412, the name of the comic book manufacturing business just jumped out at me. So no, without re watching 1302 now, I did not remember it or even notice it before. That is how I caught it :)

KennyMcAmazing wrote:Did anybody notice that in the first part of the episode, on the wall it says "Hpnotize" and then on the cracked mirror, "The End is Near"?

What could Hpnotize mean? Maybe Kenny gets sucked into the Cithulu cult the way he did with the David Blaine one?

And "The End is near"... uh oh...

Also, I just noticed that there's one part where we can hear Kenny's real voice, where he's saying "What the f*ck?" after seeing the picture of his parents being arrested at the cult.

Yes, I saw it :D And I heard Kenny's real voice too, where he's saying "What the fυck?" after seeing the pic of his parents being arrested at the cult as well :) (right-click and the following images please):

and:

Last edited by zzyzx 1 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
CherrehCola

Postby CherrehCola » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:33 am

MoonBear44 wrote:
safetosay wrote:I'm new to this, so go easy on me.

I died.

Awww, I sincerely do not think this the end of South Park! First of all Parker and Stone are under contract thru 2011 (season 15) and I think they will renew for at least 2-3 years! :D Why? because Trey and Matt love making South Park!! Also, 2012 being an election year should give them plenty of ideas!!
South Park has been BY FAR my favorite show the past 10-14 years! No show has made me laugh harder or brightened my day more than South Park!!

Amen, brothers and sisters. They're not ending it. Just because a bunch of people assume they would or should, doesn't mean it'll actually happen.

...I'm sorry for sounding like I have more proof than any of you, but I truly believe they won't end it. This is their butter and bread, and it's probably a ton of fun-Parker didn't just wake up and go "I GIVE UP. Let Mysterion be Kenny, and after another season, WE'RE DONE. I CAN'T TAKE ALL THE MONEY AND FAME ANYMORE."

I think they'll stick around, for a while. In any case, they've planned a season 15, so let's not mourn just yet.
DON'T KICK THE BABY!

~*Dream about the sun,you queen of rain.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:25 pm

Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:00 pm

Image Oh... noooo.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”