*1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

jmstarchild

Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion

Postby jmstarchild » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:29 am

I knew it was Kenny and I had a spaz attack when it was revealed, but I love the fact that his 'not dying' is a curse and not just a run-on-gag. Though I hear from some fan friends of mine that possibly this whole 'how to kill cathulu' is a way of maybe killing Kenny for good....in which I say....there'll be a ton of sad kittens if he's killed off.

But I love this new depth they gave Kenny.

However Cartman acting cute had my stomach twisting in a new sickness I have never experienced before.
Truly scary.
Raaah

Kenny's super power

Postby Raaah » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:07 am

In this episode, Kenny claims that his friends don't notice that he dies all the time, but in Cartmanland, Cartman mentions this indicating that he indeed notices. Is Kenny mistaken? Or maybe Cartman doesn't count.
neocarleen

Postby neocarleen » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:36 am

Cthulhu's a god of death and destruction. And Cartman just made him his pet.

I know you guys all want to talk about Kenny/Mysterion. And that's great. I really love where that's going... but come one guys!

CARTMAN AND CTHULHU!
missdarcy

Postby missdarcy » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:53 am

lol anyone notice timmy just hop up and down the lair stairs?
~~take off our clothes and loo loo loo~~

~~you french-fry when you should pizza, you're gonna have a bad time~~
CherrehCola

Postby CherrehCola » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:58 am

neocarleen wrote:Cthulhu's a god of death and destruction. And Cartman just made him his pet.

I know you guys all want to talk about Kenny/Mysterion. And that's great. I really love where that's going... but come one guys!

CARTMAN AND CTHULHU!

....I can just taste the slash fics.

Ok, I'm kidding, though the scary part is, it'll probably happen. Somewhere.

The ending song, where Cartman was riding Cthulhu, causing malice...now that made had me laughing. Or when Cartman announced that him and the alien were now "Coon and friends", aka, he's in command now. And all it took was to rub the thing's belly.

....for a Godlike forse, Cthulhu isn't all that bright, is he?
DON'T KICK THE BABY!

~*Dream about the sun,you queen of rain.
missdarcy

Postby missdarcy » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:59 am

kushman wrote:Matt Stone and Trey Parker, you guys are chumps now. what is the deal with all this filler. Do you guys even right this stuff anymore or do you guys just pay people to do it for since you guys are rich lazy jews. Its enough trying to reinvent south park, go back to the o.g sh*t. its been long enough. Been a huge fan since season 1 and have all the seasons. so do us a favor and make a f*cking funny episode thats retard stoner simple. thats how you guys made all your money. the past couple of seasons just seem like its not you and your trying to actually build stories and stuff. go back to being simple, vulgar, brutal, offensive and most of all funny!

"right" stuff??
me=disagree&me=stoner
~~take off our clothes and loo loo loo~~

~~you french-fry when you should pizza, you're gonna have a bad time~~
silverfall

Postby silverfall » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:10 am

Totoro!!! Greatest spoof ever in the history of man. Cartman all cuddly with cthulu...Hah!

C-thu-lu C-thu-lu...C-thu-lu C-thu-lu...can I get the ringtone?
OTT

Postby OTT » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:49 pm

Mint Berry Crunch was the star of this episode.

And to the people who didn't like this episode, it sucks to be you, knowing that other people got a lot more out of this episode and enjoyed it.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:44 pm

OTT wrote:Mint Berry Crunch was the star of this episode.

Somehow I agree with this statement :D

Hey, what ever happened to The Mighty Penguin :?

And who noticed this:

Captain Hindsight, formerly National News reporter Jack Brolin, looked a lot like the reporter in 1412 who was reporting on the mystery of Captain Hindsight's lack of making any more appearances regarding the Gulf Oil Spill. Let me show you what I mean:

Here is Captain Hindsight at the scene of the building fire in South Park in 1411:

Now, look at the reporter in 1412. Do you see what I see? A resemblence in facial featuress? I bet the reporter in 1412 is the Captain Hindsight of 1411 who has used the ray in that room to return to Jack Brolin; a man without the super hero power of incredible 20/20 hindsight. What do you guys think?

The reporter from 1412 who to me looks like Captain Hindsight of 1411:

Notice the identical cleft in the chins of both Captain Hindsight and the similar hair styles of both Capt. Hindsight and the reporter whom I believe to be Jack Brolin. Oh, and notice the similar head shapes of the reporter and Capt. Hindsight.

Also, this reporter appears after Capt. Hindsight is sitting back in the chair that originally gave him the super power of hindsight in the first place; and he was rambling on about perhaps he should sit in the chair again, turn on the beam again, and go back to being a regular reporter. Then we see a regular reporter who:

1. Resembles Capt. Hindsight so imo he is Capt. Hindsight/reporter Jack Brolin.

2. This scene comes after Capt. Hindsight reverts back to Jack Brolin.

Comments?
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:59 pm

You never visit the Production Blog Page, do you.
http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/blog/

zzyzx 1 wrote:2. This scene comes after Capt. Hindsight reverts back to Jack Brolin.

That.
CherrehCola

Postby CherrehCola » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:11 pm

That's Captain Hindsight after he lost his "powers". He went back to reporting, and I think it's easy to tell, since he then tells to the camera "...maybe he shouldn't have done gave up." (or something of the sort)
DON'T KICK THE BABY!

zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:48 pm

BRMBug wrote:You never visit the Production Blog Page, do you.
http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/blog/

zzyzx 1 wrote:2. This scene comes after Capt. Hindsight reverts back to Jack Brolin.

That.

Yes, I read the Production blog Page.

And, many times I'm among the first to post there. I just re-read the Production Blog; Mysterion is The Mighty Penguin's mentor; The Mighty Penguin has sidekicks (wuda, shuda, cuda; pardon the spelling of these three - no time to see the episode again right now to get the spelling exactly as shown in the episode. Maybe later); so what? To answer your question, YES, I visit the Production Blog Page. You want proof? I'm the first post there. And all my predictions were correct except I mixed up Mint Berry Crunch and Mysterion; From 1302 I thought Mysterion was Kenny, but I changed my mind after seeing Mint Berry Crunch and reading some pre-air posts. MnT caught me in their red herring trap. I admit it. But I digress.

Are you saying that Reporter Jack Brolin is The Mighty Penguin? I saw no Penguin costume nor any reference to that name in the episode. I only read about The Mighty Penguin in the Production Blog.

Perhaps you mean after Capt. Hindsight pulled a gun on Kenny, and Kenny explained Kenny's power of not being able to die that Capt. Hindsight now treats Kenny as his (Capt. Hindsight's) mentor :? That and nothing more? I think this is another red herring put there by MnT. I fell for a red herring in mixing up Mint Berry Crunch and Mysterion; Mysterion whom I had correct as Kenny from 1302 until 1411. No more red herrings for me.

The answer to your question Bug is YES I read the Production Blogs.
MrMcKenzie

Postby MrMcKenzie » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:51 pm

It's cool when MnT do epic stuff, so I especially liked the first minutes with the comic pages ('the evil girl villain!' - Cartmans brain is so f***ed up :lol: )

Just thought, even if all the tummy-rubbing is a nice reference, it really could have been shorter. That's where the story felt streched out to fit into a three-parter. Same with that commercial parody or the We're sorry - campaign... :?

Kenny = Mysterion = win!
Congrats to everyone who guessed it right!
Now the question is...in part three, will we see his full face again, for the first time since the movie?
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:51 pm

MrMcKenzie wrote:It's cool when MnT do epic stuff, so I especially liked the first minutes with the comic pages ('the evil girl villain!' - Cartmans brain is so f***ed up :lol: )

Just thought, even if all the tummy-rubbing is a nice reference, it really could have been shorter. That's where the story felt streched out to fit into a three-parter. Same with that commercial parody or the We're sorry - campaign... :?

Kenny = Mysterion = win!
Congrats to everyone who guessed it right!
Now the question is...in part three, will we see his full face again, for the first time since the movie?

I liked the comic pages too :D I hope there will be more of that in the next episode, S14E13.

I don't know why but I keep picturing the tummy-rubbing scene as a Timmay-Rubbing scene in his Iron Maiden Costume; I don't know why. Maybe because we just celebrated Halloween? I don't know.

And with two episodes left this season, maybe this is a four parter. Why not? Finish out this run all Mysterion based instead of ending it next week being the end of this sequence - and have a traditional episode the week after to close up production for Season 14. Again, just a thought. I don't know.

And yes, congrats to those who predicted Mysterion ==> Kenny for 1412 :D I had Kenny for 18 months, but I fell into MnT's trap of red herrings and i made for my final answer pre-air a mix-up of Mint Berry Crunch and Mysterion. Oh well. At least Mrs. Cartman knew :P

So the ten super heros:

1. Mysterion: Kenny

2. The Coon: Cartman

3. Captain Hindsight (and referencing to Bug above) The Mighty Penguin: Reporter Jack Brolin.

4. Professor Chaos: Butters

5. Toolshed: Stan

6. The Human Kite: Kyle

7. Mosquito: Clyde

8: Tupperwear: Token

9. Iron Maiden - Timmy (I prefer Timmay :P )

10. Mint Berry Crunch: Bradley

*Edit to prevent a double post*

In looking at the right column of this board (at least it's on the right in my browser (Safari), there is a "Poll" question: "Who is you favorite South Park Superhero?"

As of this writing (of this post), what you would expect as the top two are there: The Coon & Mysterion.

But in third place, MINT BERRY CRUNCH :D

Have a look for yourselves:

CherrehCola

Postby CherrehCola » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:25 pm

^
...I'm sorry, Kyle, I've been a faithful fangirl during so many years.

But...Mysterion is just...awesome!
DON'T KICK THE BABY!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”