*1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:21 am

SOUTH PARK
TITLE: COON VS. COON & FRIENDS
Episode #1413 Air date: November 10, 2010

Coon and Friends find themselves at the mercy of Cartman who now has the dark lord, Cthulhu, doing his bidding. Kenny wrestles with the curse of his super power through his alter ego, Mysterion.
MIKE7

Re: *1413: Con vs. Coon & Friends* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby MIKE7 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:21 am

lol nice.
IKyman

Postby IKyman » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:26 am

Awesome!
Diabeteth

Postby Diabeteth » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:28 am

Cartman is more evil than Cthulhu...

Huh. I'm not surprised at all.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:30 am

GAH! I can't wait!!! I'm freezing myself, my TV, and my computer right now... but so far only my toes are frozen.
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:37 am

Hope the preview clip/pics are up soon. I like the title though, and I can already see the episode icon with Mint Berry Crunch. We'll see how this goes down, but most of all I look forward to finally an explanation of Kenny's ability to die and return, and I'm hoping we learn something about his whole family, too.

I'm also hoping just a bit for a scene in Hell with at least Satan, if not Pip or someone.

Also, anyone else realize Jim McElroy's name is awfully close to Jerome McElroy? Chef? I think the cult is trying to bring back dead characters i.e. Mr. Adler and his wife, the Star Trek dorks and Gene Roddenberry maybe?
Diabeteth

Postby Diabeteth » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:54 am

There's a clip up now. Poor Kyle has Kenny all pissed at him for saying it would be cool to not be able to die. :lol: I think I want to go with Kyle on this one. What do you guys think?
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:58 am

Yeah it would be nice but you don`t know how it feels to be burn`t,shot,decapitated,torn apart & run over lol.

I am really looking forward to seeing this will Cartman make the heroes his slaves?.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:00 am

It must be "Coon & Friends vs. Coon & Friends" now, since Cartman has a real pal by his side. And the title doesn't sound very much like it's gonna be the end of the story. The first 4-parter?

It's not pretty cool, Kyle, it fuckin' hurts... to wait three more days in the freezer! :frozenkenny:
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:05 am

Not surprised by the title, considering this is part 4 of The Coon (or Mysterion) series: 1302, 1411, 1412, and now 1413.

Maybe they will fool us and put on Terrance & Phillip instead, and save "Coon vs. Coon & Friends" for 1414 lol

@nall or Big-Will: The title of this thread says: "Con" instead of "Coon" :D

Maybe because the Coon is acting like a criminal? (Con = Convict) :lol:

Diabeteth wrote:There's a clip up now. Poor Kyle has Kenny all pissed at him for saying it would be cool to not be able to die. :lol: I think I want to go with Kyle on this one. What do you guys think?

Thanks for the heads-up on the clip, Diabeteth :)

Yeah, Kenny is too angry at Kyle, his long time friend since Kindergarten.

I'll bet Mint Berry Crunch has a big role in this one. Maybe he saves the day! Go Mint Berry Crrrrrrrrrunch :mrgreen:

Hey, I'll bet these 4 episodes would make a great DVD item for sale for Christmas :idea:

Oh, and where is Captain Hindsight in all of this :?: I bet Capt. Hindsight has a big role in getting rid of Cthulhu, or at least the good Captain will explain that if DP didn't drill where they did, Cthulhu never would have appeared from the other dimension.

Where are you, Captain Hindsight?
Last edited by zzyzx 1 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigBadTornado

Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby BigBadTornado » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:40 am

oh no. with Captain hindsight starting to miss his old powers, looks as if he WILL be saving the day at the end of this.

hope im wrong. anticipating the upcoming episode.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:09 am

*double post*

I found this interesting when I looked up Cthulhu, not by "googling" the name but by searching in my DVD of the Encyclopædia Britannica:

Cthulhu:

Lovecraft, H.P. -- Encyclopædia Britannica Article

Born Aug. 20, 1890, Providence, R.I., U.S.

Died March 15, 1937, Providence

Full name of the author: Howard Phillips Lovecraft. American author of fantastic and macabre short novels and stories, one of the 20th-century masters of the Gothic tale of terror.

Lovecraft was interested in science from childhood, but lifelong poor health prevented him from attending college. He made his living as a ghostwriter and rewrite man and spent most of his life in seclusion and poverty. His fame as a writer increased after his death.

From 1923 on, most of Lovecraft's short stories appeared in the magazine Weird Tales. His Cthulhu Mythos series of tales describe ordinary New Englanders' encounters with horrific beings of extraterrestrial origin. In these short stories, Lovecraft's intimate knowledge of New England's geography and culture is blended with an elaborate original mythology.

His other short stories deal with similarly terrifying phenomena in which horror and morbid fantasy acquire an unexpected verisimilitude. The Case of Charles Dexter Ward (1928), At the Mountains of Madness (1931), and The Shadow Over Innsmouth (1936) are considered his best short novels. Lovecraft was a master of poetic language, and he attained unusually high literary standards in his particular fictional genre.

Lovecraft, H.P.. (2010). Encyclopædia Britannica. Encyclopædia Britannica 2007 Ultimate Reference Suite . Chicago: Encyclopædia Britannica.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:57 am

The clip doesn't really make you scratch your head or reveal anything so not much to say based off the clip. But I am soooo excited for Wed!! It is going to be so good and after last Wed... I am just dying to have many questions answered. :)

I just hope Kenny doesn't die for good... again. :(
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:48 am

Diabeteth wrote:There's a clip up now. Poor Kyle has Kenny all pissed at him for saying it would be cool to not be able to die. :lol: I think I want to go with Kyle on this one. What do you guys think?

Actually, I feel sorry for Kenny in this situation.After all, he is the one who keeps getting killed over and over, and also has to deal with no one remembering him getting killed..And on top of that, having crappy alcoholic parents, and being poor. And getting sh*t for being poor from Cartman. I don't blame him for being pissed at Kyle, because Kyle doesn't really understand what it is like for Kenny not being able to die.

And , zzxyx, as I said on another thread, I have a book of HP Lovecraft's short stories that I haven't read yet.Since I have the next two days off, I am thinking of taking it to Starbucks, because that is one of the few places I can get much reading done..Too many distractions at my apartment.
MrMcKenzie

Postby MrMcKenzie » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:34 am

Hm, the clip is interesting, but i hope, they keep the epic style from the first half of the last episode, the comic pages and stuff.

I was really surprised, when they brought Cthulhu into the story... I've read some Lovecraft stories, and in many of them he's a f**ing big deal :P
And in 2012 or so we'll probably have the chance to see him again in cinema, for Guillermo del Toro is making a film from Lovecraft's Mountains of Madness... wonder if he'll be inspirated by Totoro, too :mrgreen:

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”